NO WAY! IT WAS ALL A JOKE!?!?!?

Newgrounds acquires I-Mockery to form 'I-Grounds'

Yes, the whole big thing about Newgrounds.com acquiring I-Mockery.com and turning it into "I-Grounds" was just a big April Fool's joke. Just for the record, I didn't expect to fool anybody with this gag. I mean, it did take place on April 1st, and it happened on an internet humor site... that right there should clue pretty much everybody in on the fact that it was a prank. But still, I got a ton of emails from people all freaked out about the acquisition. What was more amusing was how some people really started to wonder if it was true when I left the gag up all day on Sunday too. It's funny how an extra 24 hours can set some people into panic mode. So again, I-Mockery isn't changing (not that us being owned by NG would be bad or anything, but there's no way I-Mockery could ever be a "portal" humor site where any random person could login and submit their own humorous articles).

For those of you who missed it, the April Fool's gag will forever be located at this URL:

And of course you can see the announcement page here:

While we're on the subject though, I'd like to thank some of the other people who helped out with my April Fool's prank. First off, I gotta thank good ol' Pox for helping out by drawing PickleMan into the Newgrounds Tank logo and making it shoot out the pickles across the screen. Secondly, I gotta thank my pals Stamper and Tom Fulp over at Newgrounds for going along with the prank and helping make it seem slightly more realistic by making a news post about it.

And last but not least, I'd like to thank you guys:

1) Thanks to those of you who thought you were super clever for figuring out this act of chicanery. You guys should become detectives! o.O

2) Thanks to those of you who somehow managed to fall for this seemingly obvious gag. I needed some hearty chuckles and you delivered them, at your own expense!

Alright, that's all for now. I now return you to the same old I-Mockery. You know, the one you love to hate... or hate to love... or the one you wish was a sandwich. Mmmm.

UPDATE: Why am I not surprised that someone would immediately try to cash in on this highly publicized gag by purchasing the "I-Grounds" domain name and putting it up on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7606597736.

Good times...

goober (Guest) on 04/03/2006 2:49 am

bwahahahaha!!!!! what a loser=))))))

IS_ChRiS (Guest) on 04/03/2006 2:59 am

:o i'll go buy a sherlock holmes hat

Azrael (Guest) on 04/03/2006 9:15 am

You're mean >:P

Sam (Guest) on 04/03/2006 11:02 am

Im not sad, i originally proclaimed it so no-one else would buy it, and was going to give it to tom, but then i got the email it was an april fools joke :D so did what every man in his right mind would do...put it on ebay

Therz (Guest) on 04/03/2006 11:18 am

Shit, Roger, you scared the hell out of me! I had tottaly forgotten that it was April Fools Day!

Funny joke!

-RoG- (Guest) on 04/03/2006 11:23 am

Sam, ok if you're not in it for the profit, why not just cancel the auction then and have it point to the permanent I-Grounds gag URL or the Newgrounds press release or something?

me (Guest) on 04/03/2006 12:47 pm

You are a heartless asshole, -Rog-. Some people liked the new look, even through it was a very, very poor april fools, the new look was funny.
I really, really digged the i-grounds look. :(

Shannon (Guest) on 04/03/2006 12:50 pm

you suck! i totally fell for it and sent you a panicky email! great april fools joke ROG

Sam (Guest) on 04/03/2006 1:25 pm

I was going to, but im a poor college student so when tom didnt want it i just put it on ebay to make the money back id paid for the domain name. If i make any more than that ill use it to take my girlfriend out. I'm not a bad person, just a very confused april fooled one!

Bizarcane (Guest) on 04/03/2006 1:26 pm

Doggone it! And here I thought I was clever by checking Newgrounds just to be sure. Way to cover your bases, RoG, for authentic prankification!

-RoG- (Guest) on 04/03/2006 2:18 pm

Sam, haha fair enough, hope the domain at least enables you to take your girlfriend out on a nice date.

Therz / Azrael / Shannon / 'me' / Bizarcane / anybody else who got tricked - Hahaha, I really didn't think it'd fool as many people as it did. I figured it was pretty obvious that the whole thing was a joke... what with the photo of me counting my money 'n all that. What's it like being so gullible? ;)

me (Guest) on 04/03/2006 4:56 pm

I wasn't fooled. I just liked the i-grounds fake logo. If i didn't make myself clear, i knew it was april fool's day 3 hours before i even opened my computer, and it was an obvious prank. I just liked the I-grounds fake logo. It was really, really cool.

ninjawolf (Guest) on 04/03/2006 5:13 pm

I fell for it, but with good reason. It was sunday, so one I didn't have the constant reminder of what holiday was still going on because people seem to want to draw it out an extra day. And two, it was the damned first night of daylight savings time, so I guess I was kind of drowsy. But once I realised it was the day after April Fool's Day I caught on. Well, I was kind of suspicous in the first place anyways.

ninjawolf (Guest) on 04/03/2006 5:15 pm

Sorry for forgetting to put thius in my last comment, but did no one catch on from the pardoys of two newground taglines?

Bizarcane (Guest) on 04/03/2006 5:55 pm

I'm not gullible, I'm . . . trusting.

bob (Guest) on 04/03/2006 6:15 pm

it woz a joke? O RLY? KENT B!

flash_fox (Guest) on 04/03/2006 7:58 pm

You have to remember that with every April fools day, alot of people will forget that it's April Fools day and take everything seriously.

Like when Peter Jackson announced he is doing a sequal to King Kong where King Kong Jr will help America kill Nazis. Alot of people took that seriously...

Or when X-Play announced Adam Sessler was leaving the show on April the 1st or last year. They still get e-mails about that...

Aks (Guest) on 04/04/2006 12:15 am

Nice try. I didn't fall for it. But my poor best friend Danny did. He nearly shit his pants too.

dinkum Furphy (Guest) on 04/04/2006 9:34 am

what's the memory limit for this GIVEAWAY CONTEST? if I don't have access to any gif-spawnin software, can I draw everything out frame by frame n save to a picture format file other than a gif one? If I'd like to, can I scan the comic strip out to send it in later? On a sidenote although it was pretty much as obvious of an april fools day joke as anyone could've hoped for, I FRIGGIN FELL FOR IT. i set myself out to think what if this site kept this layout from there on and started to realise how cooler this really liked (b~_^)b. the name I didn't dig that much though. I think it'd look nicer if it were new-mockery.com. For some reason I always seemed out to forget all about holydays(despite this one not being one in its own right) anyways. and aside from the quirk features taking place in my country since way back ago(CROATIA), we don't effectively ragard april fool's day like this. And it was really the first time ever I saw someone putting this into action what means I MISSED OUT THE PREVIOUS I-MOCKERY.COM APRIL FOOLS DAY. Is there a url in this site where I could find a list of the prior pranks you tried to pull on someone?(╥_─)

COMIC BOOK GUY (Guest) on 04/04/2006 5:07 pm

I've got some Flash Animations submitted at newgrounds and I thought I'd see em here but you thwarted the mirthful event!!You suck!you... WEIRDO!

Angryhydralisk (Guest) on 04/04/2006 5:31 pm

I graduated from college on April Fool's Day. It had to be the most serious April Fool's I had ever seen. Well, except when the narcoleptic Cuban came in late.

KGB (Guest) on 04/08/2006 1:38 pm

This eBAY dude is a total loser.
He thought he'll end up rich and popular, and now he's just a poor and geek ass. He sucks.

Actonel (Guest) on 01/28/2007 10:34 am

Actonel

rbrvkhkfis wxamsnrqhgq eeylghrs hgzzuqydqa tpmamdukvg qjhsljcg