Less Than Meets The Eye

If you haven't seen the pics of the Optimus Prime and Megatron character designs from the upcoming Transformers movie, here they are:

I'm 'flaming' pissed about this design

It's always nice watching some of the favorite things from your childhood get completely tarnished right before your eyes, isn't it? If I was Peter Cullen, I would flat-out refuse to be the voice of Optimus Prime if they were gonna put flames all over him. Flames look good on classic hot rods, motorcycles and women accused of witchery; NOT on Optimus Prime. I swear to god, I wouldn't be surprised if they slapped a "No Fear" sticker on his bumper at this point. Bastards.

Ok, so where's Megatron under all that crap?

And what about Megatron? It's like a powerful magnet went for a stroll through a metal scrapyard and this new Megatron design was the end result. And having him turn into an alien jet!? No. Unacceptable. Megatron is supposed to turn into a gun which, defying all logic, becomes small enough for Starscream to hold in his hand. That's what I want to see on the big screen, not a hunk of scrap metal that turns into friggin' "Flight of the Navigator".

Optimus was bad enough, but the fans are extremely pissed about Megatron. So much so that Hasbro COO Brian Goldner is trying to do some damage control: "Without revealing too much of the story, there is a very important reason for his look to have evolved from pure G1." I'm sorry, but there's no excuse, no reason good enough, to make Megatron look that way. You could tell me that he had to take on that new form in order to gain enough power to fight Voltron, Mothra, and Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka in a pit of molten lava filled with acid-spitting piranhas and Don Knotts as the referee; it STILL wouldn't be acceptable. But hey, I'll give you the scoop as to why they might end up having Megatron look this way...

Me love you long time!
I'm pretty sure that the big secret behind changing Megatron's
new look is that he's going to be used as a fellatio torture-bot.

Adam (Guest) on 08/26/2006 4:27 pm

D:
I wanted to see the movie before, but now that I see what it has become, I never wish to even watch the previews. They made it Optimus "gangsta" with the fire paintjob and now Megatron looks like some evil archenemy from some stupid kids show. They don't even look like they transform into those vehicals!

Angryhydralisk (Guest) on 08/26/2006 4:30 pm

Three things to say.

1. I'm saddened enough that I didn't watch a lot of transformers in my youth, but he turns into a somehow mini-glock and nota giant glock that shoots bullets that'd make Bullet Bill shit all over himself!?

2. The Optimus design looks laughable. And clunky. And impractical. X-TREME-ly lame.

3. Megatron looks like he should be in a Godzilla movie.

Jason Kane (Guest) on 08/26/2006 5:10 pm

well..it could be worse... as long as i'm entertained i really couldn't care less about the appearences of the transformers.

Shane Skekel (Guest) on 08/26/2006 5:37 pm

If you guys want Megs as a gun; that's what the classics line is for. As for me, This would be far better for Megatron. Besides, Megs didn't use his gun mode very often in the original cartoon.

Tom Savage (Guest) on 08/26/2006 6:06 pm

Are you sure these are the actual designs they are using?

Steve (Guest) on 08/26/2006 8:02 pm

My brain is officially on fire now.

But...who knows. Maybe they do something to make fun of the designs.
Maybe a human takes Optimus to get 'pimped out' not realizing that he is sitting inside one bad-ass machine. Once the flames are on, Optimus gives a good look at himself, a fully fitting "What the shit?" and then promptly destroys everyone involved.

For all we know, other Transformers will see Megatron, point, and laugh their metallic asses off.

I know it likely won't work like that, but I can dream, can't I?

Jeff (Guest) on 08/26/2006 8:25 pm

First of all, Megatron. How dare they change the classic head? How dare they make him a...whatever he is? A tank I can understand. I had the understanding he would be tank and I thought that was good, more useful than a gun. Megs is nothing without a cannon on his arm and a helmet on his head.
And a face.
And for Prime, he looks weak. That is definatly not the strong Hero I grew up with, and learned my morals from. I agree about the flames, they are bad and need to go. I have nothing against using a bigger truck like they are, because that does kind of make sense. But the robot form is crap, and the flames are dumb. Sooner or later someone will make a video of the Original Prime kicking this ones ass!

James (Guest) on 08/26/2006 8:27 pm

Megatron looks like he should be a character from the movie "The Guyver"(which, in the unlikely scenario that you havent seen it, you must see PURE cheese. Maybe optimus put himself on pimp my ride?

Ninjawolf (Guest) on 08/26/2006 8:48 pm

I can't fucking believe that those are real.
Its so painful I have to change the god damn subject.
Have you seen the new Jone's Soda halloween flavors for this year?

Ulltimo (Guest) on 08/26/2006 9:00 pm

Why WHY can't Hollywood leave things alone?? They're always trying to "improve" on the original and end up with total crap. A prime example being the so called American Godzilla... total, undeniable CRAP. People don't want some spaced out designers concept of their childhood heroes, they want the real thing!
People in Hollywood hear me! Just stop making crappy movies in general! WE don't need all these horrible remakes of classic films! Thank god Lord of the Rings was made in New Zealand. I hate to think what would have happend if it was made in the US.

Evan (Guest) on 08/26/2006 9:20 pm

As long as they don't screw with Blaster I am fine.

protoclown (Guest) on 08/26/2006 9:27 pm

Yes, these robots indeed look like shit. They look weak and spindly, like a strong wind would be enough to blow them away. But it looks to me like they're totally ripping off anime by making the robots look like that. That seems to be a trend in anime stuff these days: making giant robots that appear as physically impractical as possible. WHY would they copy that kind of shit??

At least they got the colors on Optimus right (instead of the gay orange and black) this time, but the flames are unforgivable. My theory is that they decided that was the only way it "made sense" to have the truck be red and blue. Which is completely gay.

And Megatron looks ridiculous. Who the fuck would take that guy seriously? He looks like an Insecticon, and we all know those guys were a bunch of fuckups.

Darnin (Guest) on 08/26/2006 10:05 pm

I'd have to agree with proto here. I never watched Transformers, but really, those things SUCK. It does seem possible that they were trying to make it look "hip" and "cool", while in reality just fucking everything up. There'll probably be at least 11 other fucked up transformers. It's ridiculus. It's not even funny.

xbxDaniel (Guest) on 08/26/2006 10:05 pm

This is a depressing tur of events.

Adam (Guest) on 08/26/2006 10:11 pm

I hate to take up space by saying things again, but I must say, those bot designs are not even remotely anime like. They're even worse. They look like junkyard spikes welded together. I need to repeat: they don't even look like they transform into those fucking vehicals

DUDEMASTER (Guest) on 08/26/2006 10:37 pm

WTF did they do to Megatron? he looks like a pile of random mess that could only transform into a junkyard pile not some stoopid fuckin alien spacecraft. Worst of all they put shiny pointy "grillz" in his mouth wtf? Since when do robots need pointy teeth? Worst of all WHERE THE FUCK IS HIS ARM CANNON? shit its bad enough he looks like shit they add insult to fuckin injury by not giving him his arm cannon. Oh and the flames on Optimus = ghey. But at least they can cg that shit out. Mother fuckers. P.S. Bumblebee is a fuckin Camaro? if thats the case change his name to Camarobee, dipshits.

Aks (Guest) on 08/26/2006 11:24 pm

Those flames represent hell because thats where theyre going for creating such a sucky remake of the original optimus. These people need to be killed.

Rob (Guest) on 08/27/2006 12:37 am

Holy crap, is that Megatron or a cyborg version of Predator?? What can this "secret" reason possibly be? Will the movie at least make a refrence to the gun thing?? I'm curious to see how they will butcher Starscream and Soundwave (my favs). I bet Soundwave will be an ipod mini or something, ha ha. And what do we think they will do with Starscream's awesome raspy voice? Ugh, now I'm simultaneously curious and disappointed...

Ryan (Guest) on 08/27/2006 2:37 am

hehehe, millions of fanboys rejoice at the knowledge of a transformers movie.

and then hollywood broke the hearts of those millions of fanboys.

Smon (Guest) on 08/27/2006 3:26 am

...this is the first time in my life I have ever actually thought "oh shit, they raped my memories." ...does that mean my brain had nerd sex and is finally a nerd man and no longer a nerd boy?

Peter (Guest) on 08/27/2006 4:48 am

and with one fell swoop my childhood is raped and killed in front of my eyes.

Danne (Guest) on 08/27/2006 4:48 am

Nice, they make Bumblebee a corvette and Megatron Guyvers ugly half-brother.
What next? Shockwave turn into a Ipod and Jazz into a banana?
Just fantastic...

Zigathon (Guest) on 08/27/2006 5:46 am

Allow me to quote Darth Vader: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

rimmie (Guest) on 08/27/2006 6:35 am

The only thing I can think of as to why they did that to my favorite character (megatron) is that parents are in an uproar about Megatron being a gun and marking 'guns' to children down a toy aisle that resembles one in their home.

I dunno how about be original and lock the damn gun up so your kid can't play with it for starters and stop trying to change a classic cartoon to fit the needs of irresponsible parents who most likely aren't going to see the film anyway.

I am totally gutted, Megatron looks like a Bionicle Lego that was dipped in acid.

James (Guest) on 08/27/2006 8:22 am

Another childhood favorite of mine, raped by the hollywood crap machine.

Megatron looks like something out of the live action Terminator show at universal. I shudder to think what will happen to poor bumble bee...sad times indeed.

James (Guest) on 08/27/2006 8:26 am

On another note, Megatron looks like the tv show American Choppers got ahold of him. *vomits*

Ulltimo (Guest) on 08/27/2006 9:46 am

Some not so bad news, someone started a petition to get the flames removed from Optimus. Go here http://www.petitiononline.com/OPFlame/ if you want to add your name to the list. Now we need one to change Megatron from whateverthehell he's supposed to be and back to his original form.

El Guano (Guest) on 08/27/2006 10:14 am

I've been a transfan since i was 4 years old,my opinion on Prime is not completly negative,i really dont see the problem with Flames on him,plus hes probably the best looking outta the bunch,all the rest are just a friggin mess though, I want big robots fine..dont make them look like Bionical covered in Wires.

Bizarcane (Guest) on 08/27/2006 10:15 am

and they won't stop here. What'll happen to the Go Bots?

El Guano (Guest) on 08/27/2006 10:22 am

ive seen Bumblebee,think Terminator with yellow plates.

WatcherPrime (Guest) on 08/27/2006 10:54 am

It is offical... From the looks of these pictures, every single transfan's request of Micheal Bay NOT f'ing up this movie have been scatted on.

The time has come! Humans, we must crush the Transformers!

Steidas (Guest) on 08/27/2006 11:26 am

... is it true there's a Transformer that changes from an XBox? That's one thing I had heard.

And the iPod, there definetly is going to be one there.

Hollywood, you near a fatal death in the hands of our childhood memories!

Tim (Guest) on 08/27/2006 12:00 pm

So what's next? Optimus Prime becomes no longer a truck but an environmentally conscious hybrid?

Seriously though, Megatron no longer looks like a Transformer on that design, but rather more of a slightly de-gay-ified Power Rangers Zord.

wraithplayer84 (Guest) on 08/27/2006 12:47 pm

i think megatron looks more evilish...hell he looks cooler then the megazords from power rangers,that's for sure.

ColdFusion (Guest) on 08/27/2006 1:34 pm

Alright, maybe I'm not a purist.. I like the newest transformers best, and in my view Megs is best as either a tank or a T-rex, but these designs are THE PINNACLE OF RIDICULOSITY!!!

Jeff The Ninja (Guest) on 08/27/2006 1:38 pm

Shit, Absolute Shit.

And Transformers the Movie was on last night, Why could micheal bay have not taken a cue from that movie.

Shane Skekel (Guest) on 08/27/2006 2:03 pm

If you want to know the true meaning of ugly as shit; check This MSN Space profile out. Many of you pricks ignore the fact that they happen to be Robots From An EXTRASOLAR PLANET.

James (Guest) on 08/27/2006 2:44 pm

4780 signatures on the petition! Thanks Ultimo for pointing it out.

everyone go sign!

weaponx1138 (Guest) on 08/27/2006 4:08 pm

So Optimus is a West Coast Chopper and Megatron is now his sex slave?

Ray Sivley (Guest) on 08/27/2006 5:05 pm

I havent watched any Transformer stuff since the movie where they take the thing outta Optimus Prime and give it to some other guy to be the leader of the good guys..These designs are INSANE!! It is overzealous design people and CGI workers going ape..!!! Sometimes LESS IS MORE!!

LDavis (Guest) on 08/27/2006 6:25 pm

Wowzer. I'm speechless, I am seriously without speech. That is just fubared beyond belief.

David (Guest) on 08/27/2006 7:49 pm

Dear God no. Now I know Megatron might have needed to undergo a change in his transformation mode but couldn't they at least have made him a cannon? I mean, it's no gun but it's closer to Galvatron, his reformatted form. And his face... plastic surgeons, become metal surgeons because the legion of nerds needs you!

(P.S to those worried about Soundwave and Blaster, I wouldn't. They're not in this one so far. That could change but I doubt it)

DTZ (Guest) on 08/27/2006 7:52 pm

what a bunch of whiney, sissy boys. Instead of being happy with a Transformers movie being made in the first place, you have a bunch of 30-something men crying to their mommies about how there "childhood is being raped". Grow up, find a girlfriend and move out of the basement, you babies.

Tim (Guest) on 08/27/2006 9:02 pm

"what a bunch of whiney, sissy boys. Instead of being happy with a Transformers movie being made in the first place, you have a bunch of 30-something men crying to their mommies about how there “childhood is being raped”. Grow up, find a girlfriend and move out of the basement, you babies."

Yeah we should just accept whatever has the label on it and not criticize at all, no matter how unfaithful it is to the source material.

By the way, DTS, I'm in my 20s, have a girlfriend and I don't live in a basement. Maybe you need to grow up and learn not to pigeonhole people. If we're so pathetic to you, then what does that make you for posting as well?

E. W. (Guest) on 08/27/2006 10:23 pm

I'm disappointed too. BUT. Are you really surprised? It's a MICHAEL BAY film. Thats like the first time I heard about AVP, but THEN, heard it was from PAUL W.S. Anderson. Crap Crap Crap.

They had to make it cool for all the CURRENT generation of 14yr olds.

he hate me (Guest) on 08/27/2006 10:41 pm

for the love of god.. best movie ever!! how about those broncos? cutlers gonna get some game time this year.. las vegas is a great place to hang out, we should all go.. i drive a 74 vw wagon..anyone for pizza? i like mcd's fries best. yum!! k, well im off to make the donuts.. go irish!

Tails (Guest) on 08/28/2006 3:30 am

Wow... that would be so cool if it wasn't Megatron -_-. My personal hope is that the reason for the redesign is that his original body was destroyed in the final battle on Cybertron, forcing him to rebuild. At least that way we would get to see his original self for the first scenes. I'm not even going to justify the flames with a response...

DJizza (Guest) on 08/28/2006 10:32 am

Give me a break. Seriously... Prime looked like a clunky old puss back in the day and although I am disappointed the Megatron will no longer be the "feared" gun that he was, so be it. Evolution is upon us my cyber-dorks and this is the just the beginning. All you "purists" should take a look at things like the old Godzilla with a foam suit and claymation King Kongs. Would you like to see the 2-D versions of primary colored Bot's sucking energy cubes? The darker the better in my world... Opening scene should be Bumblebee getting whacked off just like i would have liked to have seen with Jar Jar.

Take your wounds and lick em I say, because bitch all you want, all of you will be first in line with Triumph the Wonder Dog dissing on you from the sidelines.

Peace in the Middle East,

D-Jizza

Pete (Guest) on 08/28/2006 2:46 pm

Fuck this movie, period. Michael Gay should go back to giving handjobs in alleys for $20 and stay away from anything Hollywood.

Now for counterpoints...

1) I don't give a shit if Transformers were from an extrasolar planet. That's not reason to make them look like shit; they didn't come from a fucking extra solar toilet. These designs ruin everything that made the Transformers, the Transformers.

2) Prime never had flames and therefore never should have them. Period. End of discussion. And his robot mode looks fucking pussy.

3) Megatron is pure shit. Make him a fucking tank, at least that would stay true to some part of the Transformers series (e.g. Armada). Plus, it lets him keep a cannon. But no, Michael Gay has to fuck things up and not listen to the fans, who will ultimately make or break a movie.

I say fuck it...I'm not paying to see this pile of shit. I'd rather jump online and download a bootleg, burn it to CD, and send it (along with a bag of my own shit) to Michael Bay directly.

Knighthawk (Guest) on 08/28/2006 4:25 pm

How the hell did they go from The following pretty decent animation test Optimus,

To "Super Flamer Styles!"?

Tobor (Guest) on 08/28/2006 5:13 pm

As soon as I heard Spielberg was involved I knew it was going to be f*ed up. I'm surprised the news hasn't come out that the movie is really about the Autobots protecting a few cute, wise-beyond-their-years children from evil adults.

Reid (Guest) on 08/28/2006 6:52 pm

I disagree with comments saying Optimus' new design is "gangster" or "pimped" People have been putting flames on trucks since the 80's and suddenly it's "gangster" now? Excuse me, Putting hydrolics and spinners on Optimus would be gangster. I also agree that Megatron's new design is needlessly complicated and tacky.

Btw, does anyone else notice how these designs look similar to the ones on Beastmachines (everyone's least favorite transformers show)?

Jeff (Guest) on 08/28/2006 8:58 pm

What the fuck is scorpinok doing in the movie? He was in only TWO episodes of the original series, and some areas didnt even air those eps! Seriously, the First beast form transformers are supposed to be either the dinobots or the insecticons. NOT scorpinok! This movie is NOT based on the original series in any way! Michael Gay Lied to us!

Ulltimo (Guest) on 08/28/2006 9:18 pm

Knighthawk, from what I've heard that test video was not from the movie. It was made by someone playing around with CGI. They should have hired him instead of they usual crappy Hollywood designers. **Phleck!** I spit on them.

Jive (Guest) on 08/29/2006 2:06 am

Oh geez, now it's here too?

This was my safe haven from all this TF negativity... I actually kinda like that they are doing soemthing different instead of the same old thing rehashed again for the past 20 years.

Kryten Syxx (Guest) on 08/29/2006 8:26 am

If you think that's bad you should read the script. Bumblebee can't even talk, all he is capable of is repeating famous quotes and slogans like the Yahoo yoddle. WHAT THE HELL?

SpikeElSucko (Guest) on 08/29/2006 2:24 pm

I used to watch Transformers, TMNT, and have many many fond memories of the 80's. But I'm not going to pass judgement on ANY remake until I see it. If you want to see Transformers exactly the way it was in the cartoon, watch the cartoon.

blarg! (Guest) on 08/29/2006 10:55 pm

Sure Optimus looks like a dumbass, but you've all got to admit that seeing something like the new Megatron in a dark alley would make you shit your pants

Wonder Boi (Guest) on 08/30/2006 7:46 pm

I didn't like the animated movie as a child, nor do I like it now, but at least they LOOKED like the Transformers!

Optimus Prime "lives" in real life with tons of red semi's with gray trailers, so wouldn't that make sense for a "robot in disguise." The robot designs do indeed make the Tf's look weak, and that's worse than whether or not they might look like they can transform into their vehicles or not. Starscream too looks HIDEOUS!

If the designs for Megs is a la Galvatron upgrade, I can forgive it. Complete translation from the toys or cartoon wouldn't necessarily work, but I think there should have been some nod to the original. From what I hear, Megatron is supposed to be Prime's brother. Apparently *SPOILER*
v

"Super Guyver Megatron" becomes a Tranforming "Vampire" who sucks the sparks out of transformers! Craptastic!

Furthermore, Brian Austin Green of '90210 fame is part of the cast, and if that isn't enough, from the looks of it, the movie is Baywatch: The Fast and The Furious: Transformers Edition

It's going to be a total bomb, and if it's not, the critics are going to be all over this. Transformers will be a total joke.

Qyzex (Guest) on 08/31/2006 7:13 am

now I see the benefits to not being a hardcore fan of a comic book/cartoon when stuff like this comes along. Doesn't phase me in the least... and megatron looks much more intimidating this way anyways.

as for Optimus? Meh... that's just tacky. Just needs a pair of pink fuzzy dice and it's perfectly ruined.

Erasmus The Omnipotent (Guest) on 08/31/2006 11:18 am

Wonder, your a douchebag

Wonder Boi (Guest) on 08/31/2006 7:56 pm

I'm a douchebag for quoting what was on Transformers forums and movie sites? Because I don't like the animated movie? whatever. I'm only saying what most others are saying at this point that the movie seems like it's going to be bad and not in a good way.

JihadJoe (Guest) on 09/01/2006 6:21 am

I like the way Megatron looks, he's not what he used to be but he is very very nasty I must say. I would have been more scared of a dude that looks like this than a guy with a face and a strange grey helmet.

Beyond Comics (Guest) on 09/05/2006 7:37 pm

Hi,
Here is a side by side of the actual Megatron they are destroying in the new Transformers Movie Vs. how it SHOULD look in My Version, at the very least! Take a look:

Thanks for viewing and please pass this on and post it,
If you get a chance, please take a look at my new upcoming comics and animated Anime Feature called Ravedactyl & Justice based on my comic books at: http://www.beyondcomics.tv

Thanks again,
Your fellow TF Fan,
G-
My best,

Matt (Guest) on 09/07/2006 3:58 am

Here's what I don't understand... the transformers all looked like popular things on the planet, what the hell does Megatron look like? It sure as hell isn't a gun or a tank. What is he supposed to be?

-AdamC. (Guest) on 09/09/2006 3:46 pm

wow. over-cynicism town, population= you.

you have to realize that in order to keep a franchise dynamic and entertaining to ALL veiwers it is essential to be progressive. do you think that the transformers would be entertaining if they kept the same designs every single time? eff-no!

and seriously, megatron has been a gun, a tank, a two-headed dragon that could turn into a flying hand, a car, and many other forms... how does Megatron being an alien jet on MARS not make sense?

E. W. (Guest) on 09/10/2006 12:03 am

Adam C.

I bet you thought AVP was an amazing artistic masterpiece didn't you.

Dick.

Doctor dumbass (Guest) on 09/20/2006 5:16 pm

megatron's UG-LEE! he looks like the green goblin fused with the terminator! personallly, i like the flame desigh on Optimus

Grim Rapper (Guest) on 09/27/2006 10:16 pm

before you call me a tratior or whatever, let me say that the flame design isn't that bad. Then again, i'm only saying this because they[Hollywood] haven't got their hands on my favorite, Soundwave.

captain KA-KA (Guest) on 09/27/2006 10:41 pm

If they did THAT to Megatron and Optimus, no robot is safe. I bet that they'll make Mirage and Ratchet gay, Ravage a MP3 player, And Gears will become a Hybrid. if they don't, they'll probably do something worse

Brian (Guest) on 10/04/2006 1:25 pm

WTF have they done to this amazing concept.....I mean, they shouldn't be trying to make it cool for today's youth....they should be trying yo make it cool for yesterday's youth.....us.

ZippZapp (Guest) on 10/14/2006 3:45 pm

Fun Fact: If a Yautja and a Terminator sexed each other in a swimming pool full of liquid metal, thier son would look like this version of Megatron.

DtEW (Guest) on 11/07/2006 5:41 am

Even though I like the original Megatron better, I'm pretty sure that this Megatron's alien form is due to the re-writing of the backstory in order for it to make sense (well, as much sense as a Michael Bay film can make) in a modern context.

Bay hinted about the modified backstory of the film in an interview. The Transformers arrived on earth prior to the advent of modern detection technology (at least prior to the 1800s), at around that time Megatron was first encountered encased in ice in the Arctic Circle. This is not to say that he was actually freed then.

If you recall, the entire reason that Transformers adopt earth-item forms is that they're robots in disguise, that is, robots in hiding. Megatron never needed to hide since he was already hidden/trapped. Hence he still looks like how he did back on Cybertron. This is also the most likely explanation why they can set the Autobot-Decepticon conflict to begin in the modern day.

Oleskoole (Guest) on 04/03/2007 12:58 pm

"made it Optimus “gangsta” with the fire paintjob and now Megatron looks like some evil archenemy from some stupid kids show."

Hey dumbass...this WAS a stupid kid's show. The irony here is thicker than Soviet tank steel.

And "gangstas" don't drive semis with flames on them...that would be suburban honkeys. IOW, the average Transformers fan.

Will-0-Mac (Guest) on 06/16/2007 1:50 am

I think the flames are not bad and his transformed state ain't that gay. i would rate it prison gay, u know able to rape a man but still feel manly. And now i will take off my nerd hat and put on my black hat on to say flames don't make him look gansta. now if they made him a black & chrome hummer sitting 24's with LED lights reading C'tron then that would make him gansta.

As for megatron, uglyness aside, i like seeing something new that sets the movie aside from the cartoon. now could they come up with a better design? yes but the concept they came up with is atually a good one with megatron not taking a disgise and keeping his original form but correct me if i'm wrong but in the old version of the cartoon didn't their original form not have a transform mode? please enlighten me

all in all it our fault for asking for a movie. hollywood just delivered. so we're all going to go see the movie anyways just try to make the best out of a bad, very bad, situation and enjoy. Also nerd hat back on, i think it wold be awesome if sideways(armada) in the movie just to see him use someone's body transform into his head.

John (Guest) on 07/03/2007 12:25 pm

The movie was by far better than any other marvel/comic to movie that I've ever seen. If you're an anime, Marvel, DC, comic fan, then you need to go see this movie. It was Awesome.

nick d (Guest) on 07/11/2007 9:59 pm

u guys are all fuckin winers! i cant belive ur all bitching over how they put fuckin flames on optimus prime and how megatron turns into a jet instead of a gay gun!

steff (Guest) on 07/12/2007 1:00 am

I think flames on Optimus are dope. And if Megatron transformed and Starscream suddenly got taken out, Megatron would be screwed! I mean, i'm sorry, but being a gun is kinda wack. At least megatron aint hopeless if he gotta transform and no ones around to help pull his trigger.

Lovely1 (Guest) on 07/14/2007 2:02 am

I think the characters in the movie went well with their purposes. You can't possibly think that Megatron would turn into a gun and think that the movie would be a hit. All of them had guns and besides that shows a weak side of Megatron. (OK let me turn into a gun so somebody can pull my trigger!) The character designs were neat and I think it made for a pretty good movie!

Unruheherd (Guest) on 08/10/2007 11:44 am

I strongly agree with the last comments here. I don't really see the uber necessarity for Bumblebee being a Camaro though.
Nonetheless the movie was really cool.
Despite being way too short. :D