pretty-much-the-most-awesome-thing-ever

Pretty Much The Most Awesome Thing Ever.

My collection will probably look like this at some point in the future

There are some people who think that I read too many comics, and though I may not personally agree with them, I have to admit that they might just be right about that. That's not my collection pictured up above, (I don't have quite that many comics), but I do have a lot.

In fact, RoG was so worried about my excessive comic book habit, he got someone considered to be something of a comics authority figure to record a special message for me, expressing his concern. Hit the jump to check it out.

Welcome to the most awesome thing ever. I just about shat myself when I first saw that. Roger didn't want to post it without my permission since it has my real name in it, but I don't care about that. The world must see this, as this increases my comic nerd cred by about a million points.

Zarwid (Guest) on 11/23/2008 5:19 pm

You know you're a comic book junkie if Stan Lee tells you to quit and get out more. Just make sure that Rog doesn't take you to rehab Protoclown, we need more Tales from the longbox!

man in black (Guest) on 11/23/2008 5:46 pm

i have no words to express my jealousy at the moment. i nearly cum in my pants when i see stan lee in a movie. my head would explode if he said my name.

XtinaxFan on 11/23/2008 6:14 pm

Lol you got owned!
joking, thats so cool.
Where was that filmed?

Protoclown on 11/23/2008 7:11 pm

It was filmed at Spike TV's 2008 Scream Awards that Roger went to. He would've posted it up at the same time as he posted the rest of that stuff, but he hadn't cleared it with me yet about the use of my real name.

The definitive way to establish comic book fan cred for all time? - GeneralForum.com (Guest) on 11/23/2008 7:33 pm

[...] from here: I-Mockery Blabber If Stan Lee says you need to put down the comic books and go outside, I think that means you win [...]

Grossenschwamm on 11/23/2008 8:18 pm

Wow...I want him to say my name. Yes, that's probably the dirtiest way to say it, but it has to happen.

Adoring Fan (Guest) on 11/23/2008 8:20 pm

God damn, that's got to be an achievement of some kind.

Adder (Guest) on 11/23/2008 9:17 pm

Oh WOW. Dude, that is IT, right there. From the man himself.

Jeff The Ninja on 11/23/2008 9:54 pm

Awesome. Pure awesome.

peteTHEheat (Guest) on 11/23/2008 10:02 pm

that is awesome to the nth degree!

Copper on 11/23/2008 10:35 pm

Yeah, I think your comic nerd cred went off the scale there for a little while, Proto! Rock on to you and to Rog for getting that!

Semi-Related note: Had to shrikwrap a graphic novel at work today. All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder. Me: Is this...? *flips* "Frank Miller." It is. It's the goddamn Batman.

It's such a shame I'm the only one at my job that would understand that reference *sighs*

Doctor_Who on 11/23/2008 10:48 pm

Oh. My. God.

::Surprisingly effeminate fanboy squeal::

If that happened to me it would be how I introduced myself to people for the rest of my life.

Me:"Hi, I'm Doctor_Who and Stan Lee once addressed me personally"

Girl:"Wow, that's so cool we should totally make out in my Ferrari. Can I bring my sorority sisters?"

Hanglyman on 11/23/2008 10:54 pm

"Good luck with the pickles" cracked me up.

Stan Lee... what a nice guy, to record a message like that for someone!

Yo (Guest) on 11/23/2008 10:57 pm

Wow, I'm not much of a comic book fan but even I think that was awesome.

Looking forward for the Goddamn Batman too.

greenimp on 11/23/2008 11:01 pm

its nice when famous people will do stuff like that, shows there humans too!

Purple Man on 11/23/2008 11:19 pm

That is very cool, true believers.

Nick on 11/24/2008 1:27 am

That is indeed the most awesome thing ever.

theguywhosmokestoomuch (Guest) on 11/24/2008 2:23 am

That is one of the most awesome things ever. I'm not even a comic book fan, but I know that that statement carries a lot of weight. You should quit comics or else Stan Lee will kill you.

captain516 on 11/24/2008 2:37 am

You lucky bastard! I own a comic signed by him, but having Stan "The Man" personally tell you to stop reading comics totally overshadows that. But at least you can die happy now, right?

-RoG- on 11/24/2008 3:58 am

The only reason I even got Stan to say that was so Proto would forever be in my debt. Oh the things he'll have to do for me now...

Creepy-critters on 11/24/2008 4:16 am

Like the personal removal of your unsightly body hair?

Krackor on 11/24/2008 10:16 am

Holy friggin cow, that's awesome!

Angryhydralisk on 11/24/2008 10:16 am

Cool stuff, a plug from the legend of legends, the creepiest of old dudes, and the master of distrubingly specific details in an introduction...

and did I see a pickle hat and Wacky Space Goggles in there!?

RationalDementia on 11/24/2008 1:48 pm

I would do horrible, unspeakable things to have Stan The Man do that for me. Souls shattering things that best remain unspoken.

Commanderraf on 11/24/2008 3:53 pm

...

I feel so insignificant right now...

...

Better yet, you gave a new purpose in life: To have Shigeru Miyamoto say my name and record it.
I'll leave now to start packing my stalki- Ahem, my "Hugs" gear and my "Greetings" mace spray.

-Commanderraf

Silver on 11/24/2008 5:10 pm

If I get Carlos Segundo to yell something Piccolo would say adressed to me, or Ricardo Mendoza screaming "La Furia del Dragón", I'm done in this life.

Beardy Goodness on 11/24/2008 6:04 pm

I think that if it were revealed that Stan was my long lost relative and it was "catch-up time", I would piss myself. with pure, unadulterated joy.

Bethany (Guest) on 11/24/2008 7:48 pm

Oh man, that would be so cool! I have the same birthday as him, which is kinda neat, but wow, that was awesome.

McClain on 11/24/2008 10:03 pm

I bet Stan thought you were filming Mallrats II.

Godzilla on 11/25/2008 12:48 am

Wow... That is truly awesome...

"and good luck with the pickles"...

AIF (Guest) on 11/25/2008 3:51 am

That's fucking sweet. I don't even read Marvel and I would kill for that.

On a related note, and due to McClain's awesome picture of Space Ghost, I remember a cool celebrity story my friend Cee once told me. He was at some sort of convention, maybe Comic Con, and he met George Lowe, the voice of Space Ghost. Now, Cee had a friend who was a HUGE Space Ghost fan. So my friend gets George Lowe to call him up and talk with him. His friend thought it was some kind of put-on, and George Lowe was just chatting with him in that kick-ass Space Ghost voice, saying, "He doesn't believe this is Space Ghost. What a dumbass!"

Oh, to be that friend...

HowardC on 11/25/2008 6:49 am

You know, not many people as famous and wealthy as Stan Lee would be willing to record a message like that for someone he doesn't know. That's why they call him "the man" not because of the comic books.

JerkFace (Guest) on 11/25/2008 2:46 pm

Comic related news: THEY PLAN TO KILL OFF BATMAN.
UNTIL HE IS INEVITABLY RESURRECTED.

There's no way you can kill off batman. None.

captain516 on 11/25/2008 8:21 pm

Jerkface, don't be stupid. DC will not kill off it's second most popular character, especially with the recent success of Dark KNight. Bruce Wayne maybe, but not Batman.

Colonel Flagg on 11/25/2008 10:38 pm

Proto, you have thus been touched by greatness.

Don't let it go to your head.

Ah, what the hell, step on all of us on your way to geek greatness.

Hugh Jerection on 11/27/2008 4:40 pm

You lucky, lucky bastard.
Seriously though, how great must you feel?
Bloody nice of Stan though, shows him to be a total gent.

Lucky, lucky bastard ;-)

Sooooo (Guest) on 12/01/2008 12:54 am

Where were the scary ass trading cards? I was a bit disappointed that they weren't around for Halloween.

-RoG- on 12/01/2008 1:12 am

Guess you didn't read this post about the Scary-Ass Trading Cards.

NeoGunKuruma on 12/08/2008 6:08 am

Oh wow, that has got to be one of the most epic things Rog has done for a joke. Oh man, thats crazy.

Taco (Guest) on 12/16/2008 9:41 pm

So did you sample you name out, loop it and have him say your name while you masturbate?jk.