I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Most overrated game ever. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699023)

Guitar Woman Nov 16th, 2008 04:16 PM

Viewtiful Joe also just sucks

Bahmo Nov 16th, 2008 05:43 PM

I personally liked it until it got difficult.

Jeff The Ninja Nov 17th, 2008 12:21 AM

Mirrors Edge eats shit. Same with Braid.

Bionic Commando Rearmed is suprisingly good, despite how shitty the NES game is.

ItalianStereotype Nov 17th, 2008 05:19 AM

I'm still all about Guilty Gear, y'all just some haters.

Madden though, that shit is super lame.

Karmapolice Nov 17th, 2008 10:45 AM

Killzone and probably Killzone 2. They touted the game as a "Halo killer" but turned out to be another average game. And they were sending viral videos of the second one even before PS3 came out and so far not even a public beta is in sight.

Guitar Woman Nov 17th, 2008 10:50 AM

Far Cry

The only thing I really like here is how enemy models get bullet holes in them wherever you shoot them

Dimnos Nov 17th, 2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja (Post 594534)

Bionic Commando Rearmed is suprisingly good, despite how shitty the NES game is.

Shut your mouth! Bionic Commando was the best game on the old NES

Jeff The Ninja Nov 17th, 2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 594666)
Shut your mouth! Bionic Commando was the best game on the old NES

you are only saying that because you like 8 bit gore.

Grislygus Nov 17th, 2008 06:04 PM

If Bionic Commando, of all things, was shitty, then so was EVERY GAME on the fucking thing

Sam Nov 17th, 2008 07:06 PM

GUYS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND BIONIC COMMANDO IS SHITTY BECAUSE YOU CANNOT JUMP OR GIVE YOUR OPPONENT AN EXPLODER SUPLEX OFF THE TOP ROPE. :rolleyes

Guitar Woman Nov 17th, 2008 08:18 PM

waaaaaaaah I can't handle NES difficulty this game is terrible

Jeff The Ninja Nov 17th, 2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 594682)
If Bionic Commando, of all things, was shitty, then so was EVERY GAME on the fucking thing

see, the thing is that if i play a NES game, i would much rather play Ninja Gaiden, or Super Mario Bros, or power blade or Double Dragon.

A couple of months ago, i bought Rearmed and after a few hours of playing it, i pretty much like "Holy shit, this game is fucking awesome. Maybe i was wrong about the NES version this whole time." So i fire it up on my PC, and it was just as bad as i remember it being. Its not like Bionic Commando was completely revolting, but it felt so mediocre that i can not possibly fathom how that game has so much popularity.

Guitar Woman Nov 17th, 2008 08:31 PM

You're an idiot is how

Grislygus Nov 18th, 2008 01:43 PM

Considering how unbelievably lame Power Blade was, and further considering that the only people who pretend to like it are Seanbaby fans, there's not really much room to talk about mediocre games

Bahmo Nov 18th, 2008 02:31 PM

As I said on the DKU, in terms of a whole series taken together, the award for Most Overrated probably has to go to Mario Kart. Simply put, it has very little actual gameplay; only luck, and punishing good players and rewarding bad ones, which MK does with reckless abandon by giving great items to the guys in last place, and having the best items harass the leader, is a stupid, unfair, and enraging design choice.

Zomboid Nov 18th, 2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja (Post 594534)

You're just a fucking idiot. I was really hoping that you'd died in that period you were gone.

Grislygus Nov 18th, 2008 02:50 PM

What the hell is a DKU

Sam Nov 18th, 2008 03:01 PM

DONKEY KONG UNIVERSITY

Grislygus Nov 18th, 2008 03:06 PM

FUCK DKU, MAN, CALL THEMSELVES A PARTY COLLEGE?!

Bahmo Nov 18th, 2008 04:01 PM

Donkey Kong Universe. They were a cool forum, until their asswipes of mods kicked me out.

Grislygus Nov 18th, 2008 04:03 PM

THEY KICKED ME OUT FOR HAVING A BEER BONG IN MY DORM, MAN, FUCKIN LAME AN SHIT

Tadao Nov 18th, 2008 08:58 PM

Dirty Kikes United!

Nick Nov 18th, 2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahmo (Post 594895)
As I said on the DKU, in terms of a whole series taken together, the award for Most Overrated probably has to go to Mario Kart. Simply put, it has very little actual gameplay; only luck, and punishing good players and rewarding bad ones, which MK does with reckless abandon by giving great items to the guys in last place, and having the best items harass the leader, is a stupid, unfair, and enraging design choice.

Am I the only who automatically thought he was referring to Mortal Kombat there for a second.

Sam Nov 18th, 2008 09:42 PM

As soon as he said overrated. :rolleyes

Nick Nov 18th, 2008 09:54 PM

Ah dayum!