I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Movies that never got a fair shake. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25426)

Mockery Apr 20th, 2007 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 488281)
The 13th Warrior got trashed, now that I think of it.

I watched that just the other night when it came on TV and was reminded of how awesome it was. The main guy Buliwyf (no, not Antonio) should be in way more movies, and he should always be a Viking. That movie is 100% pure entertainment and anybody who doesn't enjoy it is outta their mind.

"You can draw sounds? Show me."

"A man might be thought wealthy if someone were to draw the story of his deeds, that they may be remembered."

Pure Awesome.

rocketsauce Apr 20th, 2007 11:39 AM

Have you read the book? It's pretty good actually with some cool details that are different from the movie.

FartinMowler Apr 20th, 2007 12:47 PM

I will claim the fact that I have sung the praise of the Thirteenth Warrior before it was "hip".

kahljorn Apr 20th, 2007 01:15 PM

you know what's a good movie and i don't know ab out fair shakes or whatever but it's called, "Primer" and it's probably not very popular but it's what i would consider a "realistic depiction" of time travel.

Zomboid Apr 20th, 2007 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 488363)
I watched that just the other night when it came on TV and was reminded of how awesome it was. The main guy Buliwyf (no, not Antonio) should be in way more movies, and he should always be a Viking. That movie is 100% pure entertainment and anybody who doesn't enjoy it is outta their mind.

"You can draw sounds? Show me."

"A man might be thought wealthy if someone were to draw the story of his deeds, that they may be remembered."

Pure Awesome.

Yep. I actually looked that guy up on imdb a few weeks ago when I caught a glimpse of the movie on tv. That guy was the definition of badass when I first saw the movie. We need more viking action heroes :(

JohnBoy Apr 20th, 2007 02:16 PM

Ernest Borgnine is the original Viking action hero. ODIN!!!!!!!

Grislygus Apr 20th, 2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 488383)
We need more viking action heroes :(

Speaking of which, if anyone tries to defend Pathfinder in this thread, I will gouge out one of their kneecaps with a rusty spoon.

FartinMowler Apr 20th, 2007 10:35 PM

I'm about to go to bed and watch one of these movies :hypno

kahljorn Apr 23rd, 2007 03:00 AM

so did anybody watch Primer yet :(

Grislygus Apr 23rd, 2007 10:35 AM

Fuck yes. Watched that about a year back. WAY too smart for me.

Protoclown Apr 24th, 2007 12:53 PM

I never understood all the hate for the 13th Warrior either. I remember when I went to go see it in the theater and coming out thinking that it fucking kicked ass, and then I found out that this friend of mine was telling people that it sucked and not to waste your time and money, and it was then that I knew I must fell him in mortal combat.

zeldasbiggestfan Apr 24th, 2007 10:00 PM

Shaun of the Dead. Anyone I ask if they like it say they hate it. I loved it.

Grislygus Apr 24th, 2007 10:19 PM

Shaun of the Dead is absolutely adored. You just live in a dangerous, crime-infested, culturally deficient rapetown, if I remember correctly.

zeldasbiggestfan Apr 24th, 2007 11:40 PM

You did.

I need to get the hell out of here.

Sam Apr 24th, 2007 11:55 PM

You really do.

Need.

To get the hell out of here.

AChimp Apr 25th, 2007 10:36 AM

13th Warrior was sweet, but I never understood why one of the Vikings was wearing armour from a conquistador other than for pure awesome.

That big dude yelling "ODIN" to hear echos from shore :love

ArrowX Apr 25th, 2007 09:43 PM

Lone Wolf McQuade. No I'm not one of those giant Chuck Norris Fans but I'll be god damned if that movie isn't entertaining.

Also DragonHeart.

Rongi Apr 25th, 2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supafly345 (Post 488298)
The Harder They Come

I completely agree. Fantastic crime movie with an equally good soundtrack

Grislygus May 1st, 2007 08:27 PM

Fuck the rest of the human race. I liked Walker.

kahljorn May 1st, 2007 11:18 PM

I've mentioned this is another thread before but event horizon totally didn't get a fair shake
i mean there were only one in that where i was like "wtf the decompression would've killed you whateverguysnameisicantrememberisn'titsamsomething ?" "WHAT ARE YOU DOINGGGG SAMMMM"

sam neill

ArrowX May 2nd, 2007 05:25 PM

Relic, fun monster flick from the 90's that got friggin thrashed but I love it. I'm pretty sure the Korean flick HOST stole the monsters design from Relic as well.

Fathom Zero May 2nd, 2007 05:28 PM

I can't quite read what you said through the small print on my PSP, but In The Mouth of Madness is a good'un.

ArrowX May 6th, 2007 02:19 AM

Falling Down was a fucking awesome movie but most people don't remember it much less pass around the word about how fucking awesome it is. Easily one of Michael Douglas's best performances.

J. Tithonus Pednaud May 6th, 2007 02:46 AM

I second that...I remember expecting nothing of it when I walked into the theater and being impressed.

I really liked Crash (1995), and that didn't really get a fair shake. Though I like twisted films. Kissed, about necrophilia, was another film no one saw due to the subject matter, but it was a really great and moving film.

A couple other movies include Strange Days, and Gattaca.

I just saw Zathura today, that was a fun throw away film...

Fathom Zero May 6th, 2007 10:24 AM

The Thirteenth Floor I saw today on FX is a good one and it reminded me of another, eXistenZ.