I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anime, The Truth. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20208)

xbxDaniel Mar 18th, 2006 12:04 AM

Sam, your reply made me laugh.

Esuohlim Mar 18th, 2006 12:17 AM

Oh wait here is what I was talking about. It's like a 5-second loop:

NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW CLICK HERE BUT SERIOUSLY DON'T EVEN YOU AREN'T AT WORK BECAUSE IT'S LIKE :x

Guitar Woman Mar 20th, 2006 04:48 PM

holy shit lol

clever t-shirt phrase May 27th, 2006 11:59 AM

I'd likely fall somewhere between 3-4.5.

I can respect and enjoy some of it, but the overwhleming majority of it is drivel. Drivel, or stylized Japanese weirdness. I don't really follow it being honest, I had a brief period of piqued interest that has since waned that was basically an extension of interest in all things animated. That said, some of it is good. Ghost in the Shell. Akira. Princess Mononoke. etc.

One notable exception which manages to bridge the good and bad in anime is FLCL. FLCL is funny for the reason that it's paradoxically celebrating Okatu-type fanatacism (I didn't get half of the references, but enough to know there were tons) and poking fun at its conventions at the same time. Unfortunately, the short series is incomprehensible if you don't see the entire thing. There isn't anything more than hints as to what the hell is going on till episode 5-6.

Eh. To each his own.

Emu May 27th, 2006 12:38 PM

FLCL is the worst shit to hit this continent since polio.

RaNkeri May 27th, 2006 12:42 PM

I think I'm number 5, although I do not cosplay, and I think there's plenty pf good anime out there.

Although, I'm an old-timer I guess D:

Fathom Zero May 27th, 2006 12:58 PM

I'm a 4, and that's all I have to say.

the_dudefather Jun 13th, 2006 02:56 AM

im about a 3 on that scale at the moment, used to be higher years ago, but 99% percent of that was devilman

executioneer Jun 13th, 2006 03:10 AM

AUGH STOP BUMPING THIS REVOLTING THREAD

Fathom Zero Jun 13th, 2006 03:41 AM

My status hasn't changed, and I'd like to clarify that I am not an average anime viewer. The parts of anime I like aren't pop-anime movies like Appleseed and the typical sort of ilk that surrounds us, like those in the back of Play Magazine. I hate Play Magazine. I'm considering canceling my free subscription.

CheapAlert Jun 15th, 2006 05:55 PM

because i could care less

people in the 5-6 are just as bad as furries.

executioneer Jun 15th, 2006 08:25 PM

guys, quit posting in this thread or i will kill your faces

Fathom Zero Jun 15th, 2006 08:37 PM

Like Gangrene? Buh-zing.

ArrowX Jun 22nd, 2006 01:06 PM

my status has escalated to a 4 because I started watching the new guyver series :(

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 22nd, 2006 01:42 PM

Would you guys stop bumping this stupid thread???

werd123 Jul 7th, 2006 06:30 AM

bump...lol

I guess I was 4, but stopped watching Samurai Champloo because there wasn't enough blood and gore plus the story and plot got a bit too bizzare (And why the hell does anyone want to know about the state of Homosexuality in 19th century Japan?)

I'm about 2 now, I wouldn't go and kill a anime fan right now cause I don't have a gun licence. (Cause you need one in Australia lol)

executioneer Jul 7th, 2006 02:12 PM

*strangles u*

John-Wayne Oct 23rd, 2006 10:17 PM

Put me down for 0.01 ... I've on several occasions suggested having anime fags rounded up in camps and systematically fixed.

Coca_Dolittle Nov 27th, 2006 01:01 AM

Hmmm... I'll tolerate it, but that doesn't mean that I'll like it. I try to avoid all of the anime I possibly can; despite the fact that everyone says that I draw it.

Angryhydralisk Dec 4th, 2006 01:20 PM

First post and I waste it on this...

I'd say I'm able to tolerate and like some of it but yeah, Otakus are some of the most irritating people I have ever met. I have (thankfully) yet to meet any cosplayers.

Autrach Sejanoz Feb 2nd, 2007 12:19 AM

I'm between average person and Type 2.

DistantJ Mar 5th, 2007 08:11 AM

I like manga films.

Like The Guyver and Akira and Evangelion, stuff like that.

But a lot of this anime stuff which people aged 15-25 seem to watch seems more like kids stuff to me.

And the fans come across as sexually frustrated.

I mean how many forums do you go to with somebody whose sig is a picture of some guy from "Azu Manga Daoh" with his hand on some girl's tit, or seeing up some girl's skirt, and the girl doing a crazy expression. ZOMG SEXUAL. Go feel some real tit.

blackwar12 Mar 29th, 2007 06:37 PM

well, I guess I could be classified as a casual viewer, seeing how I like the really violent Animes like hellsing, afro samurai e.t.c.

executioneer Mar 29th, 2007 08:39 PM

for the love of god would someone lock this thread already

arg_zombies Apr 2nd, 2007 05:41 AM

I'm the same as DistantJ - some of the anime films kick ass, like Akira, Princess Mononoke (awesome fight scenes) etc.
I'm in between regular and type 2, as I have watched anime before (my dad is married to a younger japanese woman in london and she's crazy :eek)

Oh, and sorry ex. but we're just gonna keep posting :lol