I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Questions about the new I-Mockery Message Boards. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4)

StRsCrEaM1090 Feb 2nd, 2003 03:31 AM

i guess it is the links. it was coming up a few seconds after i'd click the link so i didn't know where it was coming from.

Mockery Feb 2nd, 2003 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mew
wow i'm helpful tooday :D

Look at you, being all "I'm an administrator, I had better help these people out" :o

:love

whoreable Feb 2nd, 2003 12:16 PM

my one suggestion is that when you are in a post i would like a link to the forum you are in not just back to the home. like if i was viewing this post i would have the link to the forum index and the questions and suggestions forum.

not important but it is a bit bothersome to me.
________
Avandia settlement info

Mockery Feb 2nd, 2003 12:49 PM

Uh, there is a link to the forum index and the forum you are viewing in every post you read.

Military Messiah Feb 2nd, 2003 01:48 PM

I noticed that when you hit "mark all topics read", it marks them read and sends you back to the index of the forum you just finished reading...

Can you change it so that it puts you back in the main index of forums like it did on the ezboard? Otherwise we have to make an extra click. :(:(

Mockery Feb 2nd, 2003 01:49 PM

Nope. :) :)

Military Messiah Feb 2nd, 2003 01:52 PM

argh!! fuck this board! >: >:

Mockery Feb 2nd, 2003 01:58 PM

:party :party

Zebra 3 Feb 2nd, 2003 04:16 PM

HTML - Sizing Pictures

Its in regards of sizing pictures on a post/reply. What can exactly slow down your Website, the size of the pic posted or the original/true size of it?

Thanks! :)

Mockery Feb 2nd, 2003 04:17 PM

The file size of the picture, not the physical width and height. We definitely want to keep the width down anyway though, to prevent the message tables from getting pushed over to the right.

Military Messiah Feb 2nd, 2003 04:25 PM

Re: Just a small complaint. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebus
Is anyone else having problems getting used to the full bar being a link instead of just the text?

yep. i keep doing the same thing... i accidentally click on a thread trying to bring the browser window into focus or whatever.

i'm really just responding to this so i can try the nifty quote option.

Mockery Feb 2nd, 2003 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Military Messiah
i'm really just responding to this so i can try the nifty quote option.

Yeah, you could do that on the old board, but it's much nicer on this one. :love

FS Feb 2nd, 2003 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebus
Is anyone else having problems getting used to the full bar being a link instead of just the text?

I don't even have a scroll wheel on my current mouse, but I've noticed that the clickeable boxes make it hard to reach the last page of a thread in one click. I keep "missing" the page number I want to go to, and end up on the first page.

The boxes are actually kinda convenient, but it would be nice if only the post title would be clickeable on a topic with more than one page.

AChimp Feb 2nd, 2003 07:36 PM

Yeah, I thought that it was a little unusual to have the entire table cell clickable. I tend to have multiple browser windows open at once, and I've been going into threads when I only meant to make that browser window active. :/

Anonymous Feb 2nd, 2003 08:11 PM

MEW IS DRUNK WITH POWER

anyway i had the same kinda annoyance with the cell being clickable because I am a clicky kinda girl... but I got used to it and now I click around just to the right of it and I've gotten over it

whoreable Feb 3rd, 2003 12:27 PM

did you add this at the top?

I-Mockery.com Message Boards Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions

cause this is what i meant.

thank you.
________
Body science

Mockery Feb 3rd, 2003 12:29 PM

Nope, I didn't add it. It's always been there... I guess you just didn't notice it before.

whoreable Feb 3rd, 2003 12:31 PM

god i am a dumbass :(
________
Marijuana Bubbler

Blackjack Feb 3rd, 2003 03:36 PM

Custom Titles...?

Do we get Custom titles on this board? No? Bugger.

James Feb 4th, 2003 11:46 AM

This is a problem for me, since I don't just sit down and read every post at once.

When the browser is closed, it automatically marks all the topics as read, which is very confusing.

Military Messiah Feb 4th, 2003 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesman
This is a problem for me, since I don't just sit down and read every post at once.

When the browser is closed, it automatically marks all the topics as read, which is very confusing.

is that what happens!? i couldn't figure out why it seemed like forums were being marked read randomly. this must be fixed. >:

McClain Feb 4th, 2003 11:03 PM

AHEM

*ahem* I-Mockery Hero please.

Blackjack Feb 5th, 2003 06:37 AM

Damn Straight.

Tropical Feb 5th, 2003 09:19 AM

*ahem* McDurst please

Zebra 3 Feb 9th, 2003 05:41 PM

Large Pictures & Editing

1) Since we can no longer control the size of our pics, and your concern over large photos I linked one of them in one of my post. By doing this does it affect your site's speed?

2) I'm curious, I've noticed on my very first evening here when I edited a post of mine after being posted there was no notice written of the edit, however the day after doing the same thing there was a notice of the edit?

Good to see that you're site's back on & thanks! :)