I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New Metallica Song (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3778)

kellychaos Jun 18th, 2003 12:56 PM

I'm not really a huge Megadeth fan ... a few songs here and there ... but I must admit, they were one of the early bands that were there at the beginning and doubtless had an effect on some bands although I doubt their influence is as broad as Mustaine professes. At least they maintained some of their original musical integrity. <shrug >

Mouser Jun 22nd, 2003 12:38 PM

I think they recorded the album especially raw to re-establish their cred, but it wound up sounding like it was recorded through a $30 Aiwa tape deck in someone's garage. See Source Tags & Code for an album that accomplishes raw without the shitty.

kellychaos Jun 23rd, 2003 12:38 PM

I think that they lost even the "ghost" of the nucleus of talent that ever had and are trying to see how long they can coast on a band name that, once upon a time, meant something.

SLjimbo Jun 26th, 2003 05:14 PM

I usually don't care for Metallica, but for fuck's sake, why is there at least 12 close-ups of Lars' troll face in the ST. Anger video? :x

It's funny seeing how some people are holding their breaths so that Metallica reverts back to their old sound.

Helm Jun 26th, 2003 06:26 PM

What the fuck happened to the production? I mean, Kill 'em all sounded better than that pile of dung. The snare hits are horrible. Is this Larch's and Bob's vision of what 'modern' drumming is about? And the fact that there's double bass all over the place doesn't save the sloppy songwriting one bit. And there's not ONE lead, let alone solo in the whole album(besides some silly harmony breaks). Why did they need Hammet in the band, then? The rhythm is buried in the mix as well. I actually had to watch Hetfield's hands and translate that into tone in my mind to figure out what the riff was behind that freakin' stomping snare hit. And it wasn't particularly pretty.

AJFA is my personal favourite as well, eventhough I do aknowledge Master for being nearly flawless in terms of consistency (just take Messiah out of there), you simply cannot beat the trio of One, Frayed and Eve. There's some suck in that album, but the good ones are really so much better than the overall Master vibe, in my oppinion. And I sorta like the sterile, clinical aspect of it's sound.

whoreable Jun 26th, 2003 07:16 PM

for some reason they musta got the idea that shitty recordings make for a harder sound. brilliant. :rolleyes

Helm Jun 26th, 2003 09:11 PM

Garage bands have that sort of sound because they have no fucking money to hire Bob Rock to clean them up. And what do metallica that can, do with him? They make him bend over and let Urich fuck him right up the ass. A fate worse than death. Damnit, garage bands have better mixes that this anyway.

whoreable Jun 26th, 2003 09:17 PM

maybe they saved the production money to buy ferraris or something. that would be the only reasonable explanation.

greedy fuckers knew people would buy it no matter what it sounded like

kellychaos Jun 27th, 2003 12:30 PM

Several years ago, the guy from "Dinosaur" had a better garage sound and he did all the mixing/editing himself.

noob3 Jun 27th, 2003 01:24 PM

Lots of bands have a good live (garage) sound on tape, it's not hard to get.

kellychaos Jun 27th, 2003 01:32 PM

It's better that they get it on their own to pay some hotshot producer to fake it. :)

noob3 Jun 27th, 2003 01:54 PM

Why are you telling me this? I have Steve Albini in my personal picture, for fucks sake.

converge this Jun 27th, 2003 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
The drumming is fucking ridiculous. I am still confident (moreso tenfold, now) that i can outdrum Lars Ulrich. I don't even play drums. ...yet.

true dat. but ridiculous almost sounds like you're saying the drumming was really good. i would have said, "the drumming is fucking dislexic." hmm.

Schimid Jun 27th, 2003 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by converge this
"the drumming is fucking dislexic." hmm.

That's fucking ironic. :eek