I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   WoW - Oh God Please Let Me Get A CE For Burning Crusade (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15185)

AChimp Dec 30th, 2004 12:19 PM

I am slowly changing my mind about WoW. All my friends are playing it and keep talking about it and I wanna play now. :(

SOMEONE GIVE ME FIVE GOOD REASONS WHY I SHOULD GET THIS GAME. >:

timrpgland Dec 30th, 2004 01:44 PM

I'm putting together a new machine for gaming. This is on the list once I'm all setup.

James Dec 30th, 2004 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AChimp
I am slowly changing my mind about WoW. All my friends are playing it and keep talking about it and I wanna play now. :(

SOMEONE GIVE ME FIVE GOOD REASONS WHY I SHOULD GET THIS GAME. >:

1. Set in the Warcraft world, there is a rich story that continues to develop as you play the game.

2. You're not babied when you start out. You are given skills right at the start (for magic users, at least), and you're fighting actual monsters and enemies right away. No stabbing rats and chickens for the first couple hours.

3. The game looks beautiful.

4. The quests are usually pretty interesting. Even if a lot of them boil down to "kill this enemy type and/or collect X amount of this item" the concepts are still varied enough to keep it interesting. On top of which, utilizing the Warcraft story helps you feel like there IS a purpose to completing all these quests. And there are a lot of quests to be had.

5. Peer pressure. Everyone else is playing it, so you must too.

AChimp Dec 30th, 2004 03:43 PM

Your arguments are convincing, sir. :posh

I will probably get this game in the next couple of weeks. :(

darkvare Dec 30th, 2004 08:58 PM

can you play this offline like diablo 2? i dont wanna pay 15$ a month for just one game

AChimp Dec 30th, 2004 09:15 PM

It's not called an MMORPG for nothing :rolleyes

James Dec 30th, 2004 10:45 PM

If you play on Ternas and you pick Undead, I'll make you a pretty shirt. :(

DeadKennedys Dec 31st, 2004 02:59 AM

I say we all get on the server Zul'jin

I have a level 19 ud warlock named Anaia. I made her a week or so ago so she's not that high level, but she's my flagship.

Dr. V Dec 31st, 2004 04:56 AM

No, play on Medivh. I have a 11 troll mage. Tos-dingo!

DamnthatDavid Dec 31st, 2004 05:41 AM

I wish you could change servers...

23 Warrior... dammit... tr0ll. Love how the bugger system won't allow us to say troll.

Anyway. We should all get on a PVP, and grief the lower levels. Create a clan and be huge geeks together.
We could be the Clan Mock. :/

Dr. V Dec 31st, 2004 07:58 AM

Yeah that'd be fun. What faction though?

adept_ninja Dec 31st, 2004 01:19 PM

we could all be on mal ganis and I dont know about you guys but I like the horde much better then alliance

DamnthatDavid Dec 31st, 2004 07:05 PM

Horde is fun.
It doesn't have to be Mal'Ganis, any PVP. I am also kinda looking forward to trying out a Tauren Shaman.

If we go Mal'Ganis, I would already have a jump start on levels.

adept_ninja Jan 1st, 2005 12:31 AM

Mal ganis was just a suggestion any server is cool with me

Dr. V Jan 1st, 2005 05:26 AM

sounds good. DO all the horde races start at the den? 'Sept ud of course.

DamnthatDavid Jan 1st, 2005 06:59 AM

Undead and Tauren.
Tauren start at Thunderbluff.

So, start with PVP server, and a medium server at that. Enough people to give it jazz, but not overcrowded with laggy movements innercity.

I say we go to Laughing Skull. The name pleases me.
It a medium PVP server.

Baalzamon Jan 1st, 2005 11:45 AM

I'm on Kel'thuzud already

adept_ninja Jan 1st, 2005 12:34 PM

im cool with laughing skull. Are we all gonna be trolls and orcs so we can stick together or are we gonna be on are own for a while then team up?

Baalzamon Jan 1st, 2005 12:52 PM

Probably a little of both. if we are same race we will be in the same area for a while, and we can just keep an eye out for each other. its too hard to try and keep everyone partying together all the time.

James Jan 1st, 2005 03:32 PM

I like how I make a suggestion, and then a bunch of fags go and fag it up with their fagginess. :rolleyes

You guys enjoy your faggy game, fags.

DamnthatDavid Jan 1st, 2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

I think it'd be cool if we could all decide on a race/class that none of us have played yet, and all agree to play on one server and work as a unit.
Opps, sorry James. You added that as a afterthought to a large body of text. So I kinda skipped over it.

Join us on the Laughing Skull.
And it doesn't matter what you start off as. At lvl 12ish-14ish we all will be in the barrens anyway.

James Jan 1st, 2005 09:56 PM

Nah, I'm just gonna stay on Terenas now.

I actually may just end up going on the Goon server, since there's about 50 bajillion SA Goons who are playing this game, as opposed to like, 3 mockers.

But right now, I'm loving the Undead way too much to be pulled away from them.

DamnthatDavid Jan 1st, 2005 10:17 PM

The Goons are on Mal'Ganis. I have a friend who is part of the Goons.

Marine Jan 2nd, 2005 08:52 AM

worldof warcraft is for noobs with nothing to do.
it is even worse than everquest!

Schimid Jan 2nd, 2005 07:59 PM

Level 10 Undead Rogue, named Schimid o'course.

I made the character at my friend's house, though, and I played the whole thing there. If I was to get the game myself, I'd have to start all over and abandon my uber-famous internet name ;o

I can hold two weapons, do about 20 per hit...but I hit crazy fast, I can usually get four strikes before the enemy gets one, so it's about 80.

cannibalism <3
dieing <1