I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics 'n Books (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   favorite manga (japanese comic) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699164)

executioneer Apr 22nd, 2008 11:53 PM

YOU TALK AND YOU TALK BUT YOU HAVE NO GRUMBAAGH :lol

Guitar Woman Apr 25th, 2008 02:46 PM

So I just finished Nausicaa.

I'm in that state of being half awake and not able to fall asleep because of all the caffine in me and am really fucking high right now, but even so I'm sure that was the best comic I've ever read and the best ending for anything I've seen in a while.

I heard there was a film adaptation, which I'll be checking out sometime later, but it'd really have to be somewhere around 5 hours long to even get close to doing justice to the story.

Everyone go read it. Right now. >:

executioneer Apr 25th, 2008 05:10 PM

sorry i'm too busy playing domjot

Guitar Woman Apr 25th, 2008 06:36 PM

s'cool, bro

man, the movie changed the original story completely like halfway through :<

Phoenix Gamma Apr 26th, 2008 09:56 PM

I'd say my favorite mangas are the Rurouni Kenshin and Trigun/Trigun Maximum series. I can't stand shonens at all, but those are both really solid.

Also, I read this weird book drawn by that chick who did DNAngel. I forget the title, but it was about people being born as females and then choose to be males when taking on different roles in society. Confusing as hell since nothing was explained until the chapter ended and the author throws a bunch of footnotes at you and shit. Ended on a cliffhanger, and I haven't seen any others published.

I kinda want to pick up Death Note. I've been watching the dub casually at night when I working on stuff, and it's pretty good. Any verdict on the manga?

Fathom Zero Apr 26th, 2008 10:12 PM

I know this guy GW, you might like him.

Guitar Woman Apr 27th, 2008 06:03 PM

the only difference between the manga and the anime is the absence of a really mood-setting soundtrack and a really gay filler scene in episode 25 where L towels off Light's feet, which the writers tried to pass off as a bible reference.

So I reccomend the anime over the manga, yes.

Phoenix Gamma Apr 27th, 2008 09:03 PM

Okay. Can't say I like it now that L's gone, though :<

Guitar Woman Apr 27th, 2008 11:14 PM

yeah, the whole Near saga is really stupid.

I do love the finale, however.

LordSappington May 1st, 2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl Drink Drunk (Post 536260)
I hate to break it to you, but being an anime/manga fan over here is kind of like being black in the south.

Totally agree with you. In my school, you get socially lynched admitting you like anime and manga, because all those damn freshman give us a bad image, with their jumping around, yelling 'SEPHIROTH IS MY BISHY!" and wearing googles out of context.... There's a difference between liking manga and being a douchebag.

Esuohlim May 1st, 2008 10:47 PM

No there isn't, fuck you

Way to chime in to respond to a post two months late and defend youself with the cliched "Those other fans give fans like me a bad name".

BTW "being an anime fan here" meant HERE, as in, this message board.

LordSappington May 3rd, 2008 02:38 PM

Whoops, my bad, misread that.
But you have to admit, there are so many things out there that would probably be a lot better if there weren't those certain groups of people who run around acting like douchebags and setting the bar for how everyone else will think about it. Like trekkies. These days, when someone hears that you're a trekkie they almost always think of those fat nerds living in basements rattling of episode numbers. Because there are all these dumbasses, it just makes everyone else who likes the same thing but is more conserved about it look bad.

Shrubfest May 3rd, 2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 552009)
Okay. Can't say I like it now that L's gone, though :<

Man, L makes that series.

And Ryuk should be more involved.....ALL THE TIME.

In fact...they should just have the adventures of L and Ryuk...yeah...

Shutting up...

LordSappington May 4th, 2008 12:04 AM

The new theme is kinda... epileptic. It kind of ruined the mood for me, after seeing a practically rave video before a show about murdering people.

Master May 6th, 2008 06:11 PM

Death Note - Great, intelligent story with a shitload of plot twists that even managed to keep my mum interested enough to finish the series. The visual style of the manga (ie, the Death Gods) was very interesting. Loved Ryuk, he made DN what it is as far as I'm concerned.

Bleach - Average story, but lots of action make it worth reading/watching.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - I'm really not sure what compels me to watch/read this. Humungous robot fight scenes are always a plus. Good characterization aswell. Definitely worth reading, although I'd recommend the anime over the manga.

executioneer May 6th, 2008 06:19 PM

guys talk about something i can make more lame star trek references in response to

or at least talk about berserk, and we can discuss how the dude with the big sword fought off evil otto in that one issue

Phoenix Gamma May 9th, 2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubfest (Post 553307)
Man, L makes that series.

And Ryuk should be more involved.....ALL THE TIME.

In fact...they should just have the adventures of L and Ryuk...yeah...

Shutting up...

I don't care for Ryuk too much (probably because his face is unpleasant) but L added some levity to the story. I kinda like Misa Misa too, only because she's so naive and Light just swats her away like a fly when she gets all excited and shit.

Esuohlim May 9th, 2008 01:42 AM

hat this thread

Shrubfest May 9th, 2008 09:28 AM

Hat?

Hmm....I just want to kill misamisa.
NERD CHAT! YEAH!

thepiemockmaster May 16th, 2008 09:11 PM

death note

executioneer May 16th, 2008 10:10 PM

more like brown noise

thepiemockmaster May 16th, 2008 10:12 PM

I know thats what comes out of your mouth everytime you talk.

executioneer May 16th, 2008 10:24 PM

better out than in, fartsucker

ElPila666 May 17th, 2008 05:02 AM

:explode

fluffkomix Aug 3rd, 2008 04:20 PM

aw man i dn! though i gotta admit, i got bored of reading it halfway thru the near saga, and then went to my local bookstore just to read the last volume to find out what happens. poor light :obey