I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Most overrated game ever. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699023)

Fathom Zero Jun 7th, 2008 12:27 PM

I was going to trade in Call of Duty 4 before I remembered I borrowed it from a friend.

Who wants to buy my copy of Halo 3?

pac-man Jun 7th, 2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 559504)
so you just are going on magazine reviews, then

Yeah; when TWW came out I was stoked, and I checked the reviews and they were stellar. Then I played it and felt kinda "Meh." Plus like I said, all the obviously overrated games have been mentioned. Wind Waker comes far down my list of overrated games, but it's on there nonetheless.

lamb Jun 7th, 2008 09:03 PM

the street fighter, metroid and halo series are completely overrated

Chojin Jun 8th, 2008 03:59 AM

smash bros and world of warcraft

Lobo Tommy Jun 8th, 2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamb (Post 559588)
the street fighter, metroid and halo series are completely overrated

I've always liked Metroid. It has an awesome atmosphere and story. The gameplay is pretty great too.

Street Fighter is terrible. I don't get why it was so fun on arcades 9fun enough to start "the Age of 2-D Fighters" or whatever.

Fathom Zero Jun 8th, 2008 12:43 PM

I got a girlfriend. She likes Jak and Daxter and Grand Theft Auto and Super Smash Bros. and Mario Party.

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 8th, 2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobo Tommy (Post 559689)
I've always liked Metroid. It has an awesome atmosphere and story. The gameplay is pretty great too.

Street Fighter is terrible. I don't get why it was so fun on arcades 9fun enough to start "the Age of 2-D Fighters" or whatever.

Mabye you just have a terrible taste in fighting games.

Guitar Woman Jun 8th, 2008 03:18 PM

There is no fighting game that is not awful.

Guitar Woman Jun 8th, 2008 03:24 PM

Except Shaq-Fu.

Lobo Tommy Jun 8th, 2008 06:26 PM

What about Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi?

Guitar Woman Jun 17th, 2008 04:04 PM

Final Fantasy Tactics has got to be the single most boring game I've ever played in my life.

Fathom Zero Jun 17th, 2008 04:13 PM

You've got to be the most boring game.

Emu Jun 17th, 2008 05:59 PM

FFT is going to seem boring by today's standards. You kind of have to have grown up with it.

I didn't play Vagrant Story until last year, and I was about bored to tears after an hour of playing. :(

Guitar Woman Jun 17th, 2008 10:17 PM

GENERATE SPHERE, POKE ENEMY, 15 SECOND PROCESS

REPEAT TO INFINITY

MartinSargent Jun 18th, 2008 10:29 PM

Halo games. I really dislike them. They're pretentious. They take themselves waaay too seriously. There's a God forsaken auto aim you CAN'T turn off. I hate that damn auto/sticky aim. Now all the friggin FPS games have it. Why must games be dumbed down?

Timesplitters series is so much better than Halo series.

Hopefully Timesplitters 4 on The Wii and The Conduit will be fun, cuz I can't stand these recent FPS games. They're so boring. I couldn't care less about their "mad grafix" either.

I was so sad at the Haze reviews. I thought Free Radical could do no wrong.

ShadowedHogosha Jun 19th, 2008 01:18 AM

GTA4 Nuff Said.

Chojin Jun 19th, 2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 561711)
Final Fantasy Tactics has got to be the single most boring game I've ever played in my life.

You are the only other person on earth that agrees with me.

And no, emu, this game was boring as fuck from day 1.

Guitar Woman Jun 19th, 2008 12:03 PM

Special props to Tactics Advance for having the stupidest 4th wall breaking in the history of gaming.

MAN, IT'S JUST LIKE I'M IN FINAL FANTASY!

MetalMilitia Jun 19th, 2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 562156)
You are the only other person on earth that agrees with me.

And no, emu, this game was boring as fuck from day 1.

I agree that all the Final Fantasy games are boring as fuck.

Dimnos Jun 19th, 2008 01:49 PM

You cant trust any reviews anymore. :( There just bought now days.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 19th, 2008 02:41 PM

If you play a few hours in FFT it gets a lot better. I was a strong advocate for it's terribleness but now it's one of my favs.

Schimid Jun 19th, 2008 04:01 PM

FFT is the only FF game I've ever, ever liked and I can attest to the greatness. FFT:A was pretty good too, I don't remember it breaking the fourth wall but I remember the judge system completely fucking me over a few times, like telling me never to attack.

I'm playing through Silent Hill 2 again and I realized that if you don't play it in the right environment, the game can be absolutely horrible. It's probably why so many people hate it.

Guitar Woman Jun 19th, 2008 04:34 PM

Well, after playing the first one I can see why everyone saw it as so much of an improvement.

Because it was.

The hospital in SH1 is really, really creepy, I've got to admit, but like SH2 there haven't really been any outright pants shitting moments. The first time I encountered a Dark Nurse was sort of unsettling, but when I got the hammer/pickaxe thing and started bashing the heads of the hospital staff in with nary a second thought it all became shits and giggles.

This sort of reminds me of how Resident Evil 4 stopped being scary after I got the shotgun and realized that I was DEATH INCARNATE.

bloc partyin' Jun 24th, 2008 04:27 PM

half life 2. if it didn't have sweet graphics, no one would give a shit.

Emu Jun 24th, 2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schimid (Post 562215)
FFT is the only FF game I've ever, ever liked and I can attest to the greatness. FFT:A was pretty good too, I don't remember it breaking the fourth wall but I remember the judge system completely fucking me over a few times, like telling me never to attack.

I'm playing through Silent Hill 2 again and I realized that if you don't play it in the right environment, the game can be absolutely horrible. It's probably why so many people hate it.

SH2 was fantastic for me because I was the only person in my group of friends with the balls to actually play it. Three girls shrieking every ten minutes is empowering. :3