I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

darkvare Aug 6th, 2010 07:00 PM

finally watched inception i loved it but i think crhistopher nolan needs to learn how to film his action scenes while keeping the action focused

Dimnos Aug 9th, 2010 05:06 PM

Kick Ass. It was amusing and worth the time even if for no other reason than...

Spoilers!

Esuohlim Aug 9th, 2010 05:35 PM

I watched Inception and was, for the most part, unimpressed! I just don't like movies anymore, it seems.

OK, well, the last hour or so was actually pretty gripping and made it worth it to me in the end, but the problem I have with movies that no one else in the world seems to care about is attention to characterization. I don't care how great and "innovative" the concept of the movie is, I just can't enjoy a movie that utilizes one-dimensional characters as plot vehicles. Everyone had two emotions, scared and smug. By the end of the movie the only character I knew by name was Leo's and the guy who played Fischer, and I still wasn't even sure if Leo's character was named "Dom Cobb" or "Tom Cobb". :(

I'll take a movie about everyone sitting around and doing nothing but talking over a fast-paced action thriller any day. I like to care about characters, movies like Inception don't allow room for this in my opinion. Movies rarely do. :\

darkvare Aug 9th, 2010 07:54 PM

sadly for you thosse movies are hard to market, i would say watch tv series but thosse most of the time suffer the same issues

Sam Aug 9th, 2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 694653)
Kick Ass. It was amusing and worth the time even if for no other reason than...

Spoilers!

IT'S LIKE WICKER MAN AND GHOST RIDER ALL OVER AGAIN.

Pentegarn Aug 9th, 2010 11:09 PM

Bees!

Colonel Flagg Aug 10th, 2010 12:04 AM

Shrek Forever After, although I really didn't get to see much of the movie, what I saw was extremely good, for a kid's movie. The Karate Kid was OK, but I really wanted to see Jackie Chan kick that smarmy instructor in the balls. That would have kicked the movie up to 11.

"PG-13" is as high I go in the MPAA ratings these days. :(

Dimnos Aug 10th, 2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 694676)
IT'S LIKE WICKER MAN AND GHOST RIDER ALL OVER AGAIN.

Exactly but he isnt even the main character so aside from the glorious torture scene you hardly see him.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 10th, 2010 11:11 AM

Orphan - It wasn't as bad as it looked.

Kitsa Aug 11th, 2010 05:54 AM

The Messenger. Great movie, although it went a little long. I also had the nagging feeling I was watching Eminem in the lead, or that I should have been.

Another big problem was that the sound was like mumblemumblemumble BLARING ROCK MUSIC mumblemumblemumble. And if streaming Netflix has a subtitle or closed-captioning option, I've yet to find it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 12th, 2010 10:52 AM

Inception - Awesome. I wouldn't mind watching it again but I don't see how you would need to though to understand it.

Kitsa Aug 12th, 2010 11:26 PM

Glengarry Glen Ross, which I hadn't seen in years, but this time around all I could see was Regis Philbin.

Aaarg Aug 13th, 2010 09:51 AM

jesus i wish netflix streaming had a closed captioning option. fortunately all the foreign films we've seen so far on it have been subbed (fuckdubz), but yeah... english movies are only so good when you can hear them.

(i totally miss having the hdtv to hook up the laptop to, booooooooo.)

the king of masks -
disappointing film with a cool cover. it was about an old man who wanted an heir so he could pass on his craft. it should have featured his craft more prominently, instead of just him being an asshole.

Aaarg Aug 13th, 2010 09:52 AM

jesus i wish netflix streaming had a closed captioning option. fortunately all the foreign films we've seen so far on it have been subbed (fuckdubz), but yeah... english movies are only so good when you can hear them.

(i totally miss having the hdtv to hook up the laptop to, booooooooo.)

the king of masks -
disappointing film with a cool cover. it was about an old man who wanted an heir so he could pass on his craft. it should have featured his craft more prominently, instead of just him being an asshole.

Zhukov Aug 13th, 2010 11:31 AM

Expendables. It was a great laugh, I had a good time. Shame there was no Van Damme, but it was still classic.

There was a preview for one of those shitty Date Movie/Meet the Spartans type of thing based on the Twilight series, and it looked like the worst thing to happen to humanity since the holocaust; but the four or five thirty somethings sitting behind us laughed at every single preview joke we were treated to. Serious laughs, too. "That looks so good, I can't wait" said one guy as the Edward vampire character bit a pizza delivery guy in the neck.

I didn't think anyone actually watched them or enjoyed them. What a world we live in.

Pentegarn Aug 13th, 2010 12:10 PM

That's probably a situation where 30 somethings backlash at the Twilight being everywhere and they were willing to glom onto something as bad as that to do so.

Kind of an enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of mentality, only with movies.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 13th, 2010 12:41 PM

"Vampires suck" looks so bad. To be fair Epic movie wasn't that bad. It had Crispin Glover as Willy Wonka.

MarioRPG Aug 13th, 2010 01:05 PM

Watched Blue Velvet and liked it.
e: expendables tonight

RaNkeri Aug 13th, 2010 06:54 PM

The Expendables, shit was awesome :lol

Kitsa Aug 13th, 2010 08:16 PM

Diary of a Wimpy Kid...surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

MarioRPG Aug 13th, 2010 11:50 PM

Expendables. I saw it. FUCK YES.
Awesome stunts and action. A neck snapping good time.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 14th, 2010 08:57 AM

Expendables. It went to 11.

Spoilers!

Tanuki Aug 14th, 2010 02:50 PM

My roommate visited and wanted to watch the Producers (the 2005 version). So we did. it wasn't bad. I actually thought Will Ferrell did really well.

Esuohlim Aug 15th, 2010 02:16 AM

SHUTTER ISLAND

It was ok for what it was. I'm not going to be a GRUMPY OLD GUS about it like I am with every single movie I see, because it was enjoyable, but I wish like damn everything about it wasn't so predictable. I would have liked the movie better if I wasn't correct :( Also I knew nothing about the movie before seeing it so I expected some supernatural spooky-island shit, which I would have prefered being the gigantic fag that I am.

It was the second movie I've ever seen with Leonardo DiCaprio, the first being Inception last weekend. Both movies have Leo's character being in a dream within a dream. :eek

Zhukov Aug 15th, 2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanuki (Post 695175)
My roommate visited

Pardon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by A dick
Both movies have Leo's character being in a dream within a dream.

SPOILERS.