I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Comedians You've Seen in Person (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704835)

timrpgland Jun 23rd, 2010 02:46 PM

Comedians You've Seen in Person

I haven't seen too many big names but a couple are:

Jim Gaffigan once
Jerry Seinfeld twice

Jim Gaffigan was quite good. We had front row tickets. Of course he talked about hot pockets for a little too long.

The 2 Jerry Seinfeld shows were a couple years apart from each other so they were quite similar both times. The first time he took questions and stuff at the end. The second time he didn't. The second time was before they aired the curb with the Seinfeld reunion so he did talk about that a bit. The first time we saw him scoot off in his limo right after the show even though when he was taking questions he said he'd stick around to sign stuff. We didn't have anything to sign and ended up just leaving anyway so we thought it was funny watching from a distance.

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2010 03:13 PM

I saw Neil Hamburger last month. He's not really my cup of tea, but he really knows how to beat a dead horse and handles hecklers really well. Haha.

I also saw Henry Rollins, 'cause he does a little standup stuff on occasion. He's as awesome as you might imagine.

Esuohlim Jun 23rd, 2010 03:20 PM

I've only seen some nobody named Jimmy Dore. I missed out on seeing Seinfeld once due to an utter lack of advertising and I was pretty mad when I found out after the fact.

I always wanted to see George Carlin in person too, but :(

Dimnos Jun 23rd, 2010 03:40 PM

I saw Howie Mandel right after he shaved his head he was actually pretty funny. Arsenio Hall was at the same show and was even better.

I once saw Dave Attell in New York but I was so drunk I dont really remember much of it. I left a drunk message on a friends voice mail after the show. Sounded like I had a good time. :\

Dr. Boogie Jun 23rd, 2010 04:13 PM

Dane Cook twice
Louis Ramey
Vince Morris
Ron White
Nick Swardson

For the Dane Cook shows, it should've been him once and Dave Attell once, but his Insomniac schedule interfered.

In the middle of his set, Ron White told a joke, took a brief break to mock a guy making too much noise, then told the same joke again. First time: laughter. Second time: silence.

Mad Melvin Jun 23rd, 2010 04:45 PM

I saw Pablo Francisco when he was touring here. He sucked. The warmup act was from a guy named Flip Schultz and he was way better. Other than that, I've only seen some Finnish stand-up comedians.

EDIT: If I had a wish, I would go back in time to like 1990 and see Bill Hicks. I've seen Relentless and Revelations at least 10 times and they're still funny as shit.

Dimnos Jun 23rd, 2010 05:08 PM

I keep Relentless on my ipod and listen to it on the way home every now and then. Best ever. :tear

P.S. ~ Arizona Bay too.

Zomboid Jun 23rd, 2010 09:03 PM

Why would anyone want to go see Dane Cook?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 23rd, 2010 09:44 PM

Dave Chappelle.
BAM BAM Williams.
Caroline Rhea.
Stella.
Michael Ian Black.

executioneer Jun 23rd, 2010 10:54 PM

i was at a party with ron lynch and brody stevens once

timrpgland Jun 24th, 2010 02:41 AM

Quote:

I also saw Henry Rollins, 'cause he does a little standup stuff on occasion. He's as awesome as you might imagine.
I saw Henry Rollins at a "spoken word" thing a couple years back. He made a couple jokes but I didn't think he was trying to do comedy. Kind of preachy through most of it and tooting his own horn a little.

Fathom Zero Jun 24th, 2010 03:30 AM

Yeah. It's a buncha anecdotes and stuff. Reminds me a lot of Bill Hicks, though, which I guess is why I would say it's a bit of stand up.

And I would say Jello Biafra does spoken word. Rollins is hilarious. Biafra is awful. That's the biggest difference between spoken word and stand-up for me: interest or boredom.

Pentegarn Jun 24th, 2010 09:01 AM

As much as I love stand up comedy, I have only gotten to see George Carlin live.

I wanted to see Mitch Hedberg, but that will never happen now :(

I also want to see Scott Aukerman, Jimmy Pardo, Bill Dwyer, and Mitch Fatel

BatmanJohnson Jun 27th, 2010 07:47 PM

I see Dave Chappelle Regularly. He lives near my favorite comic shop.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 28th, 2010 12:07 AM

I will be in Cleveland, OH on wednesday. I hope he is also there.

Mockery Jun 29th, 2010 12:06 AM

I've seen a lot of comedians, but most recently was Harland Williams (and yeah, he's still my absolute favorite comedic performer to see live).

Pentegarn Jun 29th, 2010 06:56 AM

He is coming to C-bus later this year. I want to check him out

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 7th, 2010 05:19 PM

Hella lame in Virginia at the end of may. :(

Tadao Jul 8th, 2010 11:56 AM

Brian Posehn bumped into my elbow and apologized at a Black Sabbath show last year.

mischief Oct 28th, 2010 06:01 PM

My first live comedy show was David Allen Grier at the Improv in San Jose and I thought he was aces :). Does Wayne Brady's show Making Shit Up count? Joan Rivers, David Spade, Todd Glass, , Ian Bagg, Rita Rudner, and umm.. tons of locals at dive bars and the Improv here.

And I don't know if this counts either but Kids in the Hall did a show at the huge comedy festival that came to Vegas and I got to go to that.

Pentegarn Oct 29th, 2010 10:45 AM

Since this got bumped I can update who I saw.

Finally got to see Jimmy Pardo live. Funny as hell. And quite the gentleman who appreciates all of his fans. I shook his hand told him my nephew and I were both huge fans. He asked my name and said thank you. People before me in line to say hello to him saw him in Toledo and he remembered them.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 29th, 2010 01:42 PM

The trailer park boys are touring now but I don't want to spend any amount of money for it.

The Doctor Oct 31st, 2010 06:14 AM

Couple weeks ago I went to the Just For Laughs Tour, notables were Jeremy Hotz and Bob Kelly

Esuohlim Nov 1st, 2010 11:53 AM

I used to hate Jeremy Hotz with a passion, but after seeing past his terrible gimmick there's some genuinely great comedy going on.

Sam Nov 2nd, 2010 07:51 PM

I saw Doug Benson on Halloween, and he was too high to do stand-up.

So he sat down the whole time.

Zomboid Nov 2nd, 2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 702408)
The trailer park boys are touring now but I don't want to spend any amount of money for it.

Nothing special at all. They show up in shitty, podunk towns all the time.

Ex Leper Nov 27th, 2010 08:49 PM

I'm going to see Tom Davis on the 10th. He was a writer and featured player on Saturday Night Live & Al Franken's former comedy partner.

hot Kukuro Nov 27th, 2010 09:34 PM

Jim Carrey, Seinfeld, Lewis Black, and 5,000 almosts.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 29th, 2010 02:15 PM

Saw Christian Finnegan (meh), Zack Gilifinakis (sp?), and Lewis Black.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 16th, 2010 12:32 PM

I went to see Crispin Hellion Glovers slideshow presentation last night and a showing of "It is fine! Everything is fine!" Afterwords he did Q&A.

I cannot clearly express how much everyone needs to go see him. It started at 7pm and I got out at about 12:45AM.

MailCall Mar 15th, 2011 07:36 AM

Comedians Live

George Carlin
Penn And Teller
Richard Lewis
Sandra Bernhard
Don Rickles
...several others when I was in Vegas but I can't remember them all.

Pentegarn Mar 15th, 2011 10:05 PM

I forgot about Penn and Teller

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 17th, 2011 03:08 PM

Going to see Bob Newhart next month.

Tadao Mar 17th, 2011 07:59 PM

Oh man, I love Bob Newhart. He's so funny he doesn't have to tell dirty jokes.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 1st, 2011 10:18 PM

Bob newhart was really great.

Hangie Apr 9th, 2011 11:52 PM

The only comedians I've seen in person were Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood when they came into town and a friend wanted me to go to see it with them.

Been watching Whose Line Is It Anyway? ever since.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 3rd, 2011 11:02 PM

Norm macdonald.

Really funny but he seems really depressed.

Fathom Zero Sep 4th, 2011 02:13 AM

Every show he does gets cancelled because people don't know what he's doing. I'm pretty sure networks don't know what to do with him, either.

Edit: Have you ever known a comedian that wasn't depressed or using comedy to stave it off? The best of them seem to have a bit of self-loathing.

k0k0 Sep 4th, 2011 02:25 AM

I love norm macdonald. He's my favorite actor/comedian and I have seen him twice. I never really wanted to go say hi to him though because I'm sure he gets that from all of his fans and I don't want to be one of those dudes. I still listen to his comedy cd a lot.

Yes, that's my youtube. I couldn't find the full version online so I just uploaded it online.

Fathom Zero Sep 4th, 2011 02:30 AM

Norm MacDonald is a Canadian I've seen in person

executioneer Sep 4th, 2011 07:33 AM

i ate the worlds most awkward cheeseburger dinner with maria bamford last year

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 4th, 2011 02:15 PM

Was it good?

executioneer Sep 4th, 2011 02:57 PM

yeah it was a okay cheeseburger :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 5th, 2011 12:46 AM

I really want a cheeseburger right now.

I know everyone that is funny is really sad on the inside and depressed but it was to the point I thought he was going to noose his neck right then and there.

He did have a really funny bit about Vegas.

"What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Which isn't necessarily true. You can't kill someone then leave. They would cross state lines and hunt you down. No, what happens in vegas stays in vegas means you can sleep with a prostitute and they won't tell your wife. Unlike those blabbermouth whores at home."

k0k0 Sep 5th, 2011 02:56 AM

I actually wanted to be a comedian as a profession at one point. I had a really good set I wrote and planned up, but when I got in front of people at an open mic night, I just froze. All of those memories of talking in front of all the kids at highschool came back. That's when I realized that I can't speak in front of people. I didn't actually have nerves about it until I got up there. I may try it again when I get older and wizened.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 12th, 2012 02:44 PM

The amazing Jonathan is going to be in Cleveland this weekend, thinking about trying to go if I can get off work.

Esuohlim Jan 12th, 2012 03:17 PM

Really? I thought he quit because of health problems. His Comedy Central special is one of my favorites.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 12th, 2012 03:44 PM

He might have quit being a comedian but he is still a full time magician.

Fathom Zero Jan 13th, 2012 02:34 AM

He's been in Vegas.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 13th, 2012 09:11 AM

Except when I went to vegas, then he wasn't.

dontlookback Jan 17th, 2012 07:23 PM

Eddie Izzard. And some weird English guy in a bar nearby. I mean who wasn't Eddie Izzard. But just as funny.

Esuohlim Jan 17th, 2012 10:09 PM

So, not funny then!

Rongi Jan 20th, 2012 11:09 AM

I saw George Carlin in 2007. His show was more depressing than funny, I could tell he was going to die soon

I saw Jim Gaffigan, he showed up to this comedy club I was at totally unadvertised. He was testing new material that night, I don't really remember if it was funny or not. The crowd didn't really think it was that funny, something he acknowledged during the show

My mom made me see Mario Cantone with her when i was in high school. I remember it being ok

I saw John Waters do something I guess you could call stand up comedy. It was great, I love John Waters

I saw Patton Oswald host a music awards show thing (I only paid 15 bucks and I was there to see St. Vincent when they were still good). He did old material that night. At one point we were all waiting for the next band to go on, and Patton kind of just stood there awkwardly, saying something like "man, this is weird I don't really know what to say." To help him out I asked him if there was going to be a Ratatolie 2. He said he didn't know.

Sam Jan 20th, 2012 10:04 PM

I saw Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, and Maria Bamford with Jixby a couple years back.

I've seen Doug Benson a bunch too. :(

Esuohlim Jan 20th, 2012 10:26 PM

:rolleyes DOUG BENSON :rolleyes

I've only seen Jimmy Dore. Who is that, you ask? Exactly

Sam Jan 21st, 2012 03:02 AM

:rolleyes JIMMY DORE :rolleyes

Esuohlim Jan 21st, 2012 04:33 AM

I only saw him because he was headlining at the comedy club. It's not like we went because of him :rolleyes

:rolleyes :rolleyes
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes
:rolleyes:
:rolleyes :rolleyes:

I'd love to see Doug Benson :(

Sam Jan 21st, 2012 01:31 PM

I BET YOU WOULD. :rolleyes

Zomboid Apr 12th, 2012 11:36 PM

Seeing Dave Foley tomorrow. AAAAND I get to meet him. This might not excite Americans as it does Canadians over the age of 20.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 26th, 2012 05:59 PM

Bob Saget. The first 30 minutes were funny. Then he brought out an acoustic guitar and sang a bunch of dumb songs with bad words in them.

BigChris Sep 14th, 2013 02:27 AM

Bob Goldthwait, Penn and Teller way too many times to count, Carlin 3 times in as many cities, (Vegas, Winnipeg and the Twin Cities,) Dennis Leary, Stephen Wright and Howie Mandel.

Bob was underwhelming, Penn and Teller are awesome every time, Carlin was fucking Carlin, Leary was doing the No Cure For Cancer act at the time and was fun, Wright bored me at first but he won me over by the end of the show and Howie was still doing his 5 year kid old shit way too much so that one was a downer.