I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   HAY GUYZ WE BOUGHT A 360 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698197)

Chojin Nov 11th, 2007 06:25 PM

HAY GUYZ WE BOUGHT A 360

We got an elite, it came with Forza 2 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and I already had Halo 3 legendary edition, and we also got Crackdown, Beautiful Katamari, and Viva Pinata. And and and I bought Marathon 2 off of x-box live arcade and it's honestly an amazing port of the game.

My gamertag is Chojin Six and MLE's is SnazzyMLE

I've already added Noob3, but what are you guys' tags?

Emu Nov 11th, 2007 06:58 PM

WE WERE SUPPOSED TO HOLD OUT FOR THE FALCON TOGETHER

TOGETHER

;_;

Guitar Woman Nov 11th, 2007 08:02 PM

The elite blows up too :<

Chojin Nov 11th, 2007 09:41 PM

yeah, but I bought an intercooler which promises to reduce the heat to "barely plasmatic" temperatures. So now it's EVEN LOUDER.

But yes, I know it has heat problems, but from what I was reading online, they're not shipping falcons until they've cleared their current stock, which makes sense if your only priority as a company is increasing the depth of the pool FILLED WITH MONEY IN WHICH YOU TAKE BRISK SWIMS IN THE TWILIGHT. And I didn't want to wait anymore, what with Smackdown VS Raw 08 coming out next week.

AND, when/when it blows up, we'll send it off for repairs and still be mostly unaffected because the Wii still gets the most play out of our systems, and after it comes back from its month's tour of duty, it'll have the new chipset in it.

By the way, the Marathon 2 remake has exceeded my expectations a thousand-fold. It is god. damn. good. I think it actually controls better than Halo. Now if anyone else would play it online with me...

Guitar Woman Nov 11th, 2007 10:00 PM

As a PC gamer I think Halo is clunky and gay and I only put up with the console version because my idiot friend refuses to get the PC one and play it with me

Guitar Woman Nov 11th, 2007 10:01 PM

but I'll still play the original Marathon 2 with you anytime

Or whenever I get around to downloading the enormous hi-res graphics pack

Fathom Zero Nov 12th, 2007 12:57 AM

Chojin's resolve caved in! Guitar Woman still trying hard as he may to be cool! Will the world end?

If, on the off-chance everybody else you know decides to ostracize you, I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU.

XBL: Raggamofyn

You'll have to tell me how good Smackdown vs. Raw is.

Zomboid Nov 12th, 2007 01:33 AM

My gamertag is z0mb0id (zeros not Os) but lately I only ever play halo 3 and arcade games.

darkvare Nov 12th, 2007 09:54 AM

add me i really wanna hear how you talk, zomboid and his friends laugh at the way i talk lol

noob3 Nov 12th, 2007 01:06 PM

you did the right thing, chojin! NOW BUY GEARS :0

Chojin Nov 12th, 2007 02:18 PM

I refuse to buy gears of war ;<

And the only thing i caved on is when we got the 360 - I wanted to wait for the falcon model before, but the SIREN'S SONG of already owning Halo 3 and Smackdown VS Raw coming out this week was too much to bear ;<

Why oh why does no one play Marathon online with xbla ;< The matchmaking service for it's really shitty too; you can't just wait for a game to start, you have to keep pinging LOOK LOOK LOOK

In other news, Doom for 360 is retarded and terrible; they didn't change a GOD DAMN THING and are still selling it for $10. As in, it isn't widescreen, and deathmatch options are dick.

Fathom Zero Nov 12th, 2007 02:22 PM

Aren't you glad you previewed it before you bought it? You didn't buy it, did you?

Oh Chong.

Having fun with Halo 3?

Chojin Nov 12th, 2007 02:24 PM

Halo 3's a fun game, but running in deathmatch feels really slow. I guess I should be used to that since I used to play Kingpin all the time, but the difference in speed between Halo and Marathon is such that it's a huge shock every time I go back to Halo and suddenly I'm trapped in quicksand.

timrpgland Nov 12th, 2007 02:49 PM

My gamertag is KefkaGrim. I haven't played all that much 360 lately but will be again once I finish some other games. Gotta play Halo 3 some more and get COD4.

noob3 Nov 12th, 2007 03:01 PM

I don't even know what Marathon is, but Halo 3 is really fun online. I need to buy it :o And Chojin, most of the time it's not me on caithiscaith, because my Xbox is at my friend's house right now. I'll be getting it back pretty soon, because Jen is wanting to buy Beautiful Katamari :p How is it, by the way?

Buy Deadrising, it should be cheap nowadays.

RaNkeri Nov 12th, 2007 03:17 PM

I'm looking forward for the thread where Chojin whines about RROD.

Dr. V Nov 12th, 2007 10:36 PM

When does this "falcon" become available?

Emu Nov 12th, 2007 10:47 PM

I read someplace that the falcon isn't actually a new model of the 360 itself (which is what I thought it was) but is instead a smaller processor or something that's not prone to overheating, and that it's already been included in the shit-colored Halo 3 360s.

Dr. V Nov 12th, 2007 11:08 PM

Yeah I read that too. It's basically a smaller, more energy efficient chipset. But I will wait to buy until it drops in regular boxes.

Fathom Zero Nov 12th, 2007 11:10 PM

The problem is the solder points between the processor and the graphics processor are breaking because A) They aren't properly secured (that 'ole X-Clamp thing I was talking about) and B) because the heat the combination puts out causes them to expand.

A smaller processor that puts out less hear or stronger clamps would fix the problem. The first of the Elite versions didn't come with the smaller processor (the Falcon), but I believe they do now. If not now, then the beginning of next year.

I dunno if they're puttin' them into the Premium and Arcade versions.

DeadKennedys Nov 13th, 2007 02:11 AM

Keaton421 here. I got an elite saturday, been playin the hell out of Halo. Can't wait to get CoD 4

Chojin Nov 16th, 2007 08:53 PM

Added everyone here so far!

So far my box doesn't even get hot, but I think that has more to do with the intercooler than anything.

Mockery Nov 16th, 2007 11:21 PM

I'm still holding out on the Xbox 360. I want one solely for some of the Xbox Live Arcade titles, but I'm not buyin' one until the overheating problem is less commonplace.

Dr. V Nov 16th, 2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 511406)
I'm still holding out on the Xbox 360. I want one solely for some of the Xbox Live Arcade titles, but I'm not buyin' one until the overheating problem is less commonplace.

I'm waiting for one more price cut. What's the difference between all the versions, anyway?

Zomboid Nov 16th, 2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 511402)
Added everyone here so far!

So far my box doesn't even get hot, but I think that has more to do with the intercooler than anything.

Mine hasn't ever gotten hot. It might be because I never have it on the carpet or anything that could block the air flow, but its always fine.

noob3 Nov 17th, 2007 06:26 PM

Mine overheated after Jen had it on her carpet watching DVDs for a few weeks. The new one has been carpet free & runs great!

MetalMilitia Nov 18th, 2007 08:46 AM

Chojin Nov 18th, 2007 03:16 PM

Where do people get all these master chief outfits

DeadKennedys Nov 20th, 2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 511545)

The combined forces of aspbergers, cheetos, and a basement. Oh, and I've seen people modify the helmet from the Halo 3 legendary edition or whatever.

I'm a Colonel in CoD4. Someone come fight me

nothing4buddha Nov 27th, 2007 10:47 PM

add me! bamfter
:D

HungryWantBiddy Nov 29th, 2007 01:09 PM

HungryWantBiddy. Add me!

Zomboid Nov 29th, 2007 02:08 PM

Buddha, you should add me and we can exchange sexual banter. Z0mb0id.

HickMan Nov 30th, 2007 05:21 PM

I've had an elite since mid July and I've had no problems with it. The thing doesn't even make too much noise. I've got a really sweet name online. Wait! Guess what it is? Yes! It's ReallySweetName

Right now I'm raping the shit out of mass effect. I wont be satisfied until I soak up every line of nerdy dialog. And that may take a while. But I also play CoD4 and Halo 3 when I feel like going on a mindless shooting frenzy

Chojin Dec 3rd, 2007 03:58 PM

Sam, Orange Juice Bruce, some guy on live, and myself all played marathon for several hours the other day and it was awesome :<

King of The Hill on Giant Flaming Pit of Lava, Rocket Launchers only :D

AlliSabbah Mar 19th, 2008 08:43 AM

My gamer tag is Dead Things

I tried all kinds of names and finally just started typing anything until it let me use something. :(

caffman May 16th, 2008 12:57 PM

Gamertag = caffman. Normally on GTA4 or COD4. However I've been seen on crackdown, halo 3, orange box, guitar hero 3 and Gears

Nick May 16th, 2008 07:14 PM

InL RedDawn

executioneer Dec 14th, 2008 10:38 AM

i just got this set up finally, tag is ANGRIESTMONSTER

won't be on today though lol gotta work :(

Fathom Zero Dec 14th, 2008 06:41 PM

Dude, Willie, I love you man.

LordSappington Dec 14th, 2008 10:11 PM

I think I've already posted it, but my gamertag is Lord Sappington. Big surprise.
I mostly play Guitar Hero and Halo 3. I don't have too many games, being poor and all.

Creepy-critters Dec 16th, 2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 511545)

Most of them are custom, but a select few (EG the ones who have an extra $5000 to $6000 to shell out) are commisioning ones from http://www.nightmarearmorstudios.com/portfolio.htm

I read a while back in OXM (for the original xbox) that they were even offering mods where they could have a fan controlled xbox built into the back of a suit, and a lcd screen connected to it built into the visor. So if a total geek wanted to make his saturday nights even more pathetic, he could sit at home in his basement, and play Halo in a MC outfit

Misdemonar Dec 16th, 2008 04:55 PM

CHOJIN DOSENT EVEN POST HERE ANYMORE YOU DICKFACE

BurntToShreds Dec 17th, 2008 05:23 PM

BurntToShreds
I play:
CoD: World at War
Halo 3
Castle Crashers
Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Supafly345 Dec 18th, 2008 05:07 PM

I'm still there as TheSupafly in case anyone missed the other threads.

Sam Dec 18th, 2008 08:14 PM

You, with your silver account. :rolleyes

Zomboid Dec 18th, 2008 08:17 PM

:lol

Zomboid Dec 18th, 2008 08:18 PM

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE, SILVER NOOB :lol

Nick Dec 20th, 2008 07:20 PM

Silver :lol

Hangie Dec 21st, 2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 511409)
Mine hasn't ever gotten hot.

Nuthin' of yours has ever gotten hot! Oh snap!

Several of my friends have 360s and they say theirs havent overheated, but they could just be trying to get me to buy one. I dont see why you want a 360 though you could play most of it's good games on a PC.

Fathom Zero Dec 21st, 2008 01:32 PM

Uniformity and cohesiveness on the Live platform.

Hangie Dec 21st, 2008 07:46 PM

The fuck is that supposed to mean?

executioneer Dec 21st, 2008 09:11 PM

it means everyone's playin the same game

Guitar Woman Dec 21st, 2008 09:30 PM

I thought that's what Steam was for.

pac-man Dec 21st, 2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hangie (Post 603259)
Nuthin' of yours has ever gotten hot! Oh snap!

Several of my friends have 360s and they say theirs havent overheated, but they could just be trying to get me to buy one. I dont see why you want a 360 though you could play most of it's good games on a PC.

PC gaming is a bigger pain in the ass than console gaming. My 360 hasn't overheated or red ringed.

Fathom Zero Dec 21st, 2008 11:56 PM

Xbox 360 components are uniform, unlike PCs, which is a double-edged sword. I love it because everybody's got the same machine to run every single 360 game. You don't have to not play something because it's specs are too high. But it's also the reason why you won't see Crysis anytime soon on the 360. There's been speculation about the PS3, though.

Steam rocks ass and is definitely the PC's Live. Because Live for Windows is stupid.

LordSappington Dec 22nd, 2008 12:36 AM

Anyone else notice how most of the time, 360 owners talk about how awesome that game was, and playing the game online, and ps3 owners mostly talk about how 'ps3 is better faggot, it doesn't overheat noob'.

Fathom Zero Dec 22nd, 2008 12:58 AM

No, actually.

LordSappington Dec 22nd, 2008 01:57 AM

Then pay attention.

MetalMilitia Dec 22nd, 2008 08:01 AM

There was a PC vs PS3 vs 360 graphics comparison on gamespot recently: LINK

By the looks of it PS3 is the least powerful machine of the three. If you look at the trees or distant details on Fallout 3 they're really bad. 360 and PC are about the same apart from weird gamma settings (and the tress are also a bit dodgy on 360). Of course graphics aren't everything but it's quite interesting none-the-less.

Fathom Zero Dec 22nd, 2008 12:55 PM

I read that too. It was very interesting. Shoulda done more than one game, I think.

MetalMilitia Dec 22nd, 2008 01:00 PM

There are others if you click the "Next:Dead Space" button at bottom of the article ;)

Fathom Zero Dec 22nd, 2008 01:04 PM

Oh, oops.

I just saw the Fallout 3 video on some site a couple weeks ago. In fact, I think IGN did one. I don't go on Gamespot that much. :/ In Dead Space, it looks like the console differences are negligable with the PC taking the cake once again. I think that's how it plays out for a lot of games, with the 360 sometimes beating out the PS3. The PS3 just blows right now.

Dr. Boogie Dec 22nd, 2008 09:32 PM

I've heard that part of the reason the PS3 version are often behind, if ever so slightly, is because there are significantly fewer designers out there who know how to work with the hardware. The 360 does have a fair lead thanks to the earlier release.

Fathom Zero Dec 22nd, 2008 09:39 PM

The same could be said of all consoles, ports being what they are. They're all going to be different because of the different hardware. It takes resources to simultaneously develop the same game for two different consoles. It may as well be two different games. I'd go so far as to say that the only good looking PS3 games are the exclusives.

pac-man Dec 22nd, 2008 11:33 PM

How good do graphics need to be, really?

I've never understood why some people shoot their wad over graphics. The difference in graphics between PC, 360, and PS3 is so negligible in my eyes that I really don't understand how it could be a deal breaker when money is involved.

Hell, between Live Arcade and the Wii, some of the most fun games I've played this year had graphics that weren't par for this generation of systems.

Dr. Boogie Dec 23rd, 2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 603524)
The same could be said of all consoles, ports being what they are.

I'm saying developers have had more time to learn to work with the 360's hardware, and because of that, the graphics are slightly better than those on the PS3.

HickMan Dec 23rd, 2008 09:51 AM

Immortal Goat broke my 360 while I was at Basic Training! Sweet!

Dimnos Dec 23rd, 2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 603559)
How good do graphics need to be, really?

I've never understood why some people shoot their wad over graphics. The difference in graphics between PC, 360, and PS3 is so negligible in my eyes that I really don't understand how it could be a deal breaker when money is involved.

Hell, between Live Arcade and the Wii, some of the most fun games I've played this year had graphics that weren't par for this generation of systems.

Its a deal breaker when the graphical difference is negligible but one costs twice as much as the other.

And just to prove Boogie's point go out and rent/buy/borrow a copy of Resistance 1 and 2 and just look at the difference. Hell you can probably just watch a video of each on youtube but I dont know about that.

Tadao Dec 24th, 2008 07:06 PM

AlliSabbah Dec 27th, 2008 10:23 AM

My gamer tag is Dead Things