I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Grindhouse (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24018)

Fathom Zero Feb 23rd, 2007 05:25 PM

Grindhouse

From acclaimed directors Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino, Rob Zombie, Eli Roth, and Edgar Wright comes the manliest and most badass movie I have ever seen. You can even see Tom Savini for a split second and in the longer trailer and you can also see psycho Stuntman Mike smash through a cinema's "Now Playing" board with Scary Movie 4 and Wolf Creek on it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZN_ShFSv9...elated&search=
http://youtube.com/watch?search=&mod...&v=7yt6Lv9tOvI

In true grindhouse fashion, the two movies, (Planet Terror and Death Proof), are shown back to back with ads for fake movies in between them.

Planet Terror is a classic zombie movie about a bunch of thieves accidentally releasing zombie gas from a military base and Death Proof is about a car that cannot be destroyed and neither can anyone in the driver's seat.

One of the fake ads is for a movie called They Call Him Machete;

Yeah, it's awesome. Dear Jesus, I hope this doesn't suck.

April 6th.

Zomboid Feb 23rd, 2007 06:04 PM

Yeah, looks like it'll be a really, really entertaining movie. Robert Rodriguez is never boring and is one of my favorite directors. Tarantino too, but I didn't wanna mention him cause I know juttin, arrowx, jefftheninja, or zelda will come in here and be fanboys now.

Fathom Zero Feb 23rd, 2007 09:33 PM

They aren't old enough to see the movie, anyway.

darkvare Feb 27th, 2007 11:24 AM

so machete is just a fake trailer i thought it was acharacter cus danny trejo is my fellow mexican oh well

Fathom Zero Feb 27th, 2007 04:33 PM

They (Rodriguez and Tarantino) juggled around the idea that when the movie is done and is rather successful, they might make full length movies for the trailers.

Jeff The Ninja Feb 28th, 2007 01:43 AM

While i like Tarantino, I Think Rodriguez is better, The "El Mariachi" trilogy was sweet.

noob3 Mar 7th, 2007 06:27 PM

I'm way excited fort this, is it going to be a EXTRA LONG flick or the length of 1 movie?

I think the fake trailer thing is going ot be killer!

Fathom Zero Mar 7th, 2007 06:32 PM

I think it's slated to be 2 1/2 hours long, entireley, and I'd say 70 or less minutes per movie because of the fake trailers and such.

Blue Fox Mar 7th, 2007 08:03 PM

I was a little (and read all of this before you jump down my throat!!!) dissapointed with Terantino's movie Hostel.

when my mom (yes, this is like the first movie i ever had to get permission to watch) finally let me see it, I was like, "What is this? This isn't even really that scary..."

there were a few really good gore scenes, especially with the Jap girl and the blowtorch, but i found myself bored at about the 8th sex scene. I guess it's cause i'm a 15 year old girl... but still.

anyway, even with the effects i still didn't find it as good as From Dusk till Dawn.

but this one looks really good! Rock on Tarantino! churn out another winner!

Jeff The Ninja Mar 7th, 2007 08:14 PM

Actually, Eli Roth made Hostel. They just stuck Tarrantino's name on it to sell tickets.

And I (And practically everyone else here) can agree that Hostel was garbage.

Blue Fox Mar 7th, 2007 08:25 PM

I repeat:

I love you guys! :love

bigtimecow Mar 9th, 2007 01:11 PM

i cannot WAIT to see dis :D :D :D :D :D

MarioRPG Mar 9th, 2007 03:07 PM

I can.

Because I have too.

Supafly345 Mar 10th, 2007 11:39 PM

I am not a big tarintino fan, but robert rodriguez anything face-smashes me to awesome.

wislingsailsmen Mar 10th, 2007 11:53 PM

ok im kind of confused you mean its more than to movies in this movie?and each part will have a trailer for them?

bigtimecow Mar 11th, 2007 01:32 PM

there are two hour long movies, and in between and before there are going to be trailers for both of those movies plus a bunch of other non-existent movies. it'll be about 3 hours long, so two one hour movies and then an hour of trailers and fake commercials and such.

all filled with blood and gore :love

noob3 Mar 11th, 2007 08:00 PM

hostel rocked

Fathom Zero Mar 11th, 2007 09:54 PM

boooo.

Mockery Mar 16th, 2007 01:46 PM

No, Hostel sucked ass.

Anyway, the word on the street (and by street I mean "internet". and by internet I mean "massive conglomeration of gaywads".) is that the "Machete" trailer is actually going to be a REAL movie that might go straight to DVD:

Quote:

Director Robert Rodriguez spoke at ShoWest, touching on a few topics, including sequels and spin-offs.

Rodriguez revealed that he's planning a solo movie for actor Danny Trejo's Machete character. If you've seen any of the "Grindhouse" trailers, then you've seen Trejo as the machete-wielding renegade. Rodriguez's answer was surprisingly absolute. He is doing a Machete spin-off movie and it's likely going to be direct to DVD. Rodriguez seemed pretty adamant about this, hinting that the announcement is already a done deal.

Switching topics, Rodriguez was asked whether he'll ever make sequels to "Once Upon a Time in Mexico." He replied that it is not out of the question and it is still something that he wants to do. Apparently, his plan was originally to make it the first of a trilogy of movies, following Johnny Depp's blind gunman character. He even put together fake trailers for the sequels using footage from the first movie. When he showed the trailers to Depp, Rodriguez claims that he was all in.
:rock

Zomboid Mar 16th, 2007 02:28 PM

Robert Rodriguez has been one of my favorite directors ever since from dusk till dawn, so that is very good news :O. The guy is one of the best action directors around, and it's not that gay matrix style action.

I'm sure a few of you will disagree with that last part, but fuck you.

Fathom Zero Mar 16th, 2007 03:42 PM

Sequals to Once Upon A Time in Mexico? Kickass.

Edit: http://www.nypost.com/seven/03152007/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

Understandable, but still disappointed.

Mockery Mar 16th, 2007 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 480783)
The guy is one of the best action directors around, and it's not that gay matrix style action.

I'm sure a few of you will disagree with that last part, but fuck you.

The matrix-style action is great... when it's in the Matrix. What's annoying as fuck is that every single action movie since then has adapted the same style and they've overkilled the hell out of it. So yes, I agree.

And Robert is easily one of the best directors out there. Total self-starter, DIY kinda guy. Check out his "Rebel Without A Crew" book if you get the chance, it's a great read.

noob3 Mar 17th, 2007 01:19 PM

any one else seen the monsterous displays for this in any of your local theatres? i was looking at one for atleast 4-5 minutes while I waited on my friend to get some beverage, man was it awesome looking!

it had some chick with 1 leg and a machine gun prosthetic like shooting the gun :o

ArrowX Mar 19th, 2007 03:24 PM

This movie looks fucking great.
BTW
i don't even like Tarantino all of his movies are boring as shit. Just putting that out there.

arg_zombies Mar 19th, 2007 07:39 PM

I never really got to understand grindhouse from the stuff I've seen, so can you guys explain it?
Is it just like 2 movies back to back done all cool and retro, or what?

Fathom Zero Mar 19th, 2007 08:07 PM

Did you even watch the trailers? They give you a definition of Grindhouse in the first few seconds.

arg_zombies Mar 20th, 2007 01:51 PM

I know, but I just want to know whether it's two completely different films, or like Sin City, where the stories all link up?

Fathom Zero Mar 20th, 2007 02:39 PM

Two entirely different films that are completely unrelated in every way, aside frrom the fact that they're shown back to back, a la Grindhouse style with fake movie trailers in between.

arg_zombies Mar 20th, 2007 02:56 PM

Oh ok, that's all I wanted to know, because I wasn't too sure.....

rocketsauce Mar 22nd, 2007 05:31 PM

I saw a clip of Rob Zombie's fake trailer for "Werewolf Women of the S.S.". It looks insane.

Lenor Mar 22nd, 2007 07:02 PM

Noob the chik that has a machine gun for a leg is Rose McGowan. She was once married to Marilyn Manson, and also played 'paige' on Charmed. Apparently Quentin likes the way she sais 'Cock-Sucker'.

GADZOOKS Mar 22nd, 2007 07:47 PM

She is also a terrible actress, she has that "stupid gaze" the kids always talk about.

Lenor Mar 22nd, 2007 09:39 PM

Its called sex appeal, gadzooks. One of the three other leading females is Fergie. I do admit she's not all that great of an actress, especially during her "Charmed" phase, but she can dance and 9 out of 10 guys would fuck her.

Lenor Mar 22nd, 2007 09:41 PM

Although I do love the scene in Scream, after neve campbell hits the reporter chik and rose mcgowan is like 'bam bitch' or something of that sort.

It makes me laugh every time.

noob3 Mar 22nd, 2007 09:52 PM

or the part where her huge tits get stuck in the cat door as she is lethally crushed to death

Lenor Mar 22nd, 2007 09:59 PM

Heh, as I mentioned before. Sex appeal..

Zomboid Mar 22nd, 2007 10:20 PM

Fergie is a fucking butterface. Rose Mcgowan is very, very fuckable :O

GADZOOKS Mar 23rd, 2007 12:18 AM

Both of these movies look not very interesting. But I know 90% of the board punched their ticket when they heard the words "Robert Rodriguez" and "zombies" in the same sentence. WHO AM I TO JUDGE!?

Lenor Mar 23rd, 2007 12:21 AM

No, I just read about it in Maxim.

Zomboid Mar 23rd, 2007 12:23 AM

Yeah, I figured that's where you got that NEAT little story about the way she says cocksucker. I subscribed last summer for some reason and I look through it maybe twice and then leave it. Good waste of money :D

Lenor Mar 23rd, 2007 12:43 AM

A friend of my asked me to subscribe for him, being as his parents would shoot him if he had it sent to the house. So, like a nice girl, I did.

Of course, before he gets them, I read the articles.

MarioRPG Mar 23rd, 2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS (Post 481996)
Both of these movies look not very interesting. But I know 90% of the board punched their ticket when they heard the words "Robert Rodriguez" and "zombies" in the same sentence. WHO AM I TO JUDGE!?

I was sold when I heard Kurt Russell.
And fuck whoever is about to mention "Dreamer", I mean Kurt in an actiony sense.

Rongi Mar 23rd, 2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS (Post 481996)

I honestly think all they had to hear was "Quentin Tarantino"

executioneer Mar 24th, 2007 02:27 AM

i am not likely to see this in a theater, it will prob. be like kill bill, i will download it not-legally from the internet

Fathom Zero Mar 24th, 2007 02:55 AM

I punched my ticket when I saw "Grindhouse". Rodriguez and Tarantino are icing on the cake. And I'd rather spend theater money on them than something from "the creators of Saw".

The cast is excellent, as well.

Lenor Mar 24th, 2007 06:45 PM

I'm jumping on willies-not legal download bandwagon. I need to save my therater time for Harry Potter!

Fathom Zero Mar 24th, 2007 06:56 PM

And slowly but surely comes the degradation of the American film industry.

arg_zombies Mar 24th, 2007 08:14 PM

hehe
I hate downloading films - takes too long, and I always feel guilty of depriving the people who made it, not that they don't get enough money form it already. Whenever I download something, say music, I'll always go out and buy a few CD's :)

Lenor Mar 24th, 2007 08:19 PM

Shh.. don't tell anyone k?

Besides, even if I did go and see it, I would still come back and download it, just for the sake of having a copy when I wanted to see it. Sorry for my lack of trying to keep the economy heaving with going to the movies.

arg_zombies Mar 24th, 2007 08:27 PM

I hardly go to the cinema anymore :(
I will do when 300 comes out - it's the kind of film you can only see on a big screen in a dark room :)

Lenor Mar 24th, 2007 08:28 PM

Arg, I thought 300 already came out?

arg_zombies Mar 24th, 2007 08:30 PM

ZOMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody told me :(

arg_zombies Mar 24th, 2007 08:33 PM

Don't worry - found times and printed it out, so I can get my mum to book a time tomorrow XD

Lenor Mar 24th, 2007 08:37 PM

Well, im glad to be of service or something.

arg_zombies Mar 24th, 2007 08:40 PM

:barnstar:squigly:barnstar

It's funny, because I saw the original this afternoon on TV - it was so bad I laughed the whole way through! :lol

Fathom Zero Mar 24th, 2007 08:42 PM

300 looked underwhelming to me. I'm gonna go rent Sin City instead.

arg_zombies Mar 24th, 2007 08:47 PM

Heh, I've seen Sin City like 6 times - I love Frank Miller stuff, big fan :)

Lenor Mar 24th, 2007 08:47 PM

Sin City in my opinion was an awesome movie. 300 is supposed to be along the same lines or maybe sin city 2, from what I hear.

If anyone goes to see it, let me know.

noob3 Mar 25th, 2007 03:44 AM

go to the 300 thread that is in this forum lol :(

arg_zombies Mar 25th, 2007 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenor (Post 482406)
300 is supposed to be along the same lines or maybe sin city 2

Sin City 2 :eek

Yeah, they've used the same sort of effects to make it look animated and cool... :\

Hopefully I'll see it today :)

Lenor Mar 25th, 2007 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob3 (Post 482543)
go to the 300 thread that is in this forum lol :(

your lucky I :love you mister!

Fathom Zero Mar 25th, 2007 04:31 PM

Quit gaying up this thread with other bad movies.

Mr. Vagiclean Mar 26th, 2007 06:26 PM

frank miller should be kidnapped from his sleep and knocked out. he also should be surgically operated on so that his eyesocket is attached to tarantino's asshole then they both should be put into a fucking burlap sack along with a dog that's capable of screaming without a head and an anaconda without a head as well and they all should be hurled off niagra falls with the PA system howling E1m8 song from Doom BECAUSE, BECAUSE they are fucking HORRIBLE fuck sincity killbill what a fuckin JOKE

arg_zombies Mar 27th, 2007 01:31 PM

Errrrr..... okay?

Fathom Zero Mar 31st, 2007 10:55 PM

Less than a week to go. I'm fucking stoked.

rocketsauce Apr 2nd, 2007 04:56 PM

Check out Eli Roth's full Thanksgiving trailer. There's also clips of Edgar Wright's and Rob Zombie's trailers at the end.

Mockery Apr 2nd, 2007 06:24 PM

Yeah I watched that trailer last night and it's fucking great. That's the best thing Eli Roth has ever done honestly (which isn't saying much considering it's the guy who did "Hostel" 'n all... but still, they should make that into a REAL movie.) That old, grainy style is exactly the kind of shit I miss. The narrator's voice is perfect too.

For those who don't wanna deal with it on IGN, here it is on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RApHZ-snSGc

MarioRPG Apr 2nd, 2007 07:07 PM

Oh man, that was so great.

Fathom Zero Apr 2nd, 2007 07:13 PM

I didn't expect the pilgrim killer to cut off the turkey's head during the parade, so I freaked out a lot.

"It's blood."

"... son of a bitch."

Fuckin' classic.

noob3 Apr 2nd, 2007 08:15 PM

why do you guys hate on hostel you need to relax that movie was good and i feel sorry for anyone who has problems enjoying good movies

MattJack Apr 3rd, 2007 12:45 AM

Tarantino is on Conan tonight, for those of you who care.

rocketsauce Apr 3rd, 2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 485282)
That's the best thing Eli Roth has ever done honestly (which isn't saying much considering it's the guy who did "Hostel" 'n all... but still, they should make that into a REAL movie.)

Yeah I think people are going wish that these trailers were real movies. I'm almost more excited to see the full Werewolf Women trailer... just for the ridiculous Nic Cage laughing.

ArrowX Apr 7th, 2007 04:19 AM

The Trailers were awesome, Planet Terror was easily the better of the two, Death Proof started pretty OK, then got awesome, then terrible, then ok, then pretty cool, then just car chase awesome.

Zomboid Apr 7th, 2007 08:30 AM

Haven't seen it, but arrowx is probably right. Rodriguez's part is probably better just because he's the better director.

Fathom Zero Apr 7th, 2007 12:29 PM

Awesome movies, ArrowX is right on the money.

Rodriguez' movie is the better of the two, the trailers were awesome, and as soon as Death Proof started, you knew it did; you could tell because of the trademark Tarantino dialogue. Kurt Russel was a badass, as was Freddy Rodriguez. Death Proof truly scared me when the girls borrowed the car and Stuntman Mike showed up. Really, the movie was all sorts of awesome, through and through. Definitely the best movie I've seen in months.

The best part though was seeing the people that didn't "get it" walk out of the theatre and complain to the management about the grainy-ness and missing reels. Laughs were had at the expense of these dumb, middle-aged, white women.

Lenor Apr 7th, 2007 12:57 PM

Great review, zero.

The sexist remarks were particularly informing.

arg_zombies Apr 7th, 2007 01:09 PM

God, I had loads of people like that when i went to see King Kong :(
Although it was a bit of a shit film, the 3 year olds at the front were really off-putting

If any of the trailers were to be made into films, I hope Thanksgiving is included! I just love the way the voice keeps saying the name over and over again.... reminds me of that evil headon advert http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_SwD7RveNE :eek

I remember ages ago, I was tlaking to a friend of my dad's who works in the movie industry, and apparently they make all the squelchy sounds for the gore with a wooden spoon and a melon :lol

ArrowX Apr 7th, 2007 02:45 PM

My theater didn't have the special Trailer exclusive to the canadian release "Hobo With A Shotgun"

http://www.devilducky.com/media/58566/

It won some contest to be included.

Grislygus Apr 7th, 2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenor (Post 486364)
Great review, zero.

The sexist remarks were particularly informing.

I would like to back up his argument that fat middle-aged white women are amusing theatre-goers. We get more than enough of them in Coos Bay's theatre.

Sample Quotes:

Pan's Labyrinth
"He's on a HORSE!"

War of the Worlds
"WHAT?"
"I DON'T UNDERSTAND."
"WHAT'S SHE DOING?"
"WHO'S THAT PERSON?"
"WHAT?"
(character has blood forcibly removed) "DID THEY KILL HIM?"

"I can't bah-lieve they killed the cute one."

The Illusionist
"God...."
"God...."
"God...."
"God...."
"God...."
"God...."
"God...."
"God...."
"God...."

Note: It was confirmed that she and her date were indeed watching the movie. Retardation is suspected.

Superman Returns
"WHAT?"

arg_zombies Apr 7th, 2007 03:43 PM

I bet those quotes could be placed on the audience of EVERY film I've watched

Fathom Zero Apr 7th, 2007 03:49 PM

I couldn't care less if my remarks are sexist, guy.

The fact still remains that more than 3/4ths of the people that complained were dumb, middle-aged, white women. They're the same people that left during the fake trailers. I didn't get it.

Everybody else had exactly the same reactions during the movie except for them. They were aghast. Many "Oh-my-lord!"s were heard. Thankfully much of the audience was really, really cool.

Lenor Apr 7th, 2007 03:50 PM

FINE!

It's true and very annoying to here them gasping and whispering at every little scene change.

errr.. what is so funny about saying I'm a guy?

Fathom Zero Apr 7th, 2007 03:54 PM

You reminded me of something. I like how, in Planet Terror, when one scene would end, another would begin without any cuts or missing a beat, i.e. when one person is followed out of a door the camera pans over to someone walking through the same door or when Dakota leaves the hospital parking lot and El Wray pulls up to get Cherry.

Lenor Apr 7th, 2007 07:50 PM

Cherry got her leg chopped off right, and then her boyfriend used his souped up machine gun to replace it?

ArrowX Apr 7th, 2007 10:05 PM

It was awesome when 8 fat middle aged people waddled out of the theater when planet terror ended saying "what a waste of money, they said it was 3 hours" Then about 20 minutes later most come back in presumably after arguing with the staff about the running time of the film, one of them grumbling about "now we have to watch another one", and about an hour in one girl asks her chubby hubby "what does this one have to do with the first part?"

Fathom Zero Apr 8th, 2007 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenor (Post 486463)
Cherry got her leg chopped off right, and then her boyfriend used his souped up machine gun to replace it?

Not gonna say anything, but he replaces her leg with the machine gun towards the end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowX (Post 486478)
It was awesome when 8 fat middle aged people waddled out of the theater when planet terror ended saying "what a waste of money, they said it was 3 hours" Then about 20 minutes later most come back in presumably after arguing with the staff about the running time of the film, one of them grumbling about "now we have to watch another one", and about an hour in one girl asks her chubby hubby "what does this one have to do with the first part?"

I love it when people walk into things they don't understand (through pure stupidity and ignorance on their part) and be completely frustrated.

Best Role: NICHOLAS CAGE AS FU MANCHU.

Cliff Steele Apr 8th, 2007 08:56 AM

there will be full length cuts of each movie on the dvd :O

ArrowX Apr 8th, 2007 12:46 PM

OH SHIT fathom I forgot about the FuManChu part, that trailer is the best thing Rob Zombie will ever do in his life.

The most letdown trailer IMO tho was "Don't" by Edgar Wright. Its still awesome funny but compared to Thanksgiving and Machete it pales.

By the way any of you guys get Rodriguez's Evil Dead reference in Planet Terror?

Fathom Zero Apr 8th, 2007 01:10 PM

Naw, but I got the Zatoichi reference in Death Proof.

noob3 Apr 8th, 2007 05:25 PM

Saw this with Jen on Friday, started at 10:30 and we did not get out until 2:00 AM. Wow, what an awesome movie! First of all, I couldn't stop laughing through most of Planet Terror. Fucking insanley good flick! The T&A was kind of overdone, but it was expected. I loved how the intro to PT had the go-go dance, and in the intro to DP it was just FEET!!!

And for all you stupid fucks who diss on Hostel, Thanksgiving was proof at how badass Eli Roth is. The Thanksgiving preview alone more than paid for my girlfriend & I's ticket's! All the previews had me laughing, I fucking loved them!

Death Proof sucked at first, but the ending was AWESOME! "I am ok!" As Zoe jumped out of the bushes was predictable but at the same time great. It was slow, but when it got going it was on-the-edge-of-your-seat tension :o My girlfriend was like squeezing the shit my hand all during the last chase, we didn't know what the fuck was going to happen! But when it ended, it ended PERFECTLY!

GODDAMN THAT BAR-B-QUE SAUCE :x

spoiler: LOL WHEN THEY CRUSH KURT RUSSELS HEAD AT THE END :)

noob3 Apr 8th, 2007 05:30 PM

OH AND BEST LINE: "they can all live in the same tank!" :love :love :love
BEST ROLE: THE NUT COLLECTOR GUY :lol

Edit: alot of people did walk out, but most of the people stayed. My girlfriend argued with me that DP was better, but I think she was just into the girl diologue :0 BUT THE FUCKING STUNT WOMEN VS STUNT MAN MIKE CHASE WAS SOOO EXCELLENT :o Zoe was a BAD ASS

Fathom Zero Apr 8th, 2007 05:37 PM

"I only want one thing from you...

Your balls."

noob3 Apr 8th, 2007 05:43 PM

"UH THERE DOSN'T HAPPEN TO BE ANOTHER BIOCHEMIST AROUND HERE POSSIBLY?"

Fathom Zero Apr 8th, 2007 06:29 PM

"But I always wanted to be a stand-up comedian."

Lenor Apr 8th, 2007 06:41 PM

Thanks fuckers, now I'll have to go see this movie. :/ haha

ArrowX Apr 8th, 2007 08:18 PM

When El Wray says "I never miss" for the last time just about every guy in the theater was like "OOOH YEAH!"

Fathom Zero Apr 8th, 2007 09:12 PM

I don't like how Stuntman Mike turned into a wuss near the end. Everyone in the theater was laughing when he was screaming from sterilizing his wound. It was great, though.

The vehicle stunts are frickin' amazing. Hearing Mike lecture Vic. 1 on how to make a vehicle Death Proof and why was funny and cool to me.

DeadKennedys Apr 9th, 2007 02:18 AM

"Boy's got the devil in 'im..."

Nick Cage as Fu Manchu had me nearly pissing myself in laughter

noob3 Apr 9th, 2007 01:09 PM

OK I saw it AGAIN last night with a gaggle of friends who were all wanting to go, so I agreed, just to see it again.

there is alot of references to Death Proof in Planet Terror, IE on the radio SPOILER SPOILER

"In loving memory of our very own Jungle Julia"

ALSO, upon 2nd viewing of Grindhouse:

Death Proof REALLY sucks.

Mockery Apr 9th, 2007 01:58 PM

The trailers for Machete, Thanksgiving, and Don't were all awesome. The only one I hated was Rob Zombie's "werewolf women" trailer. That one blew ass. It didn't even go with the time period that all the other trailers were spoofing. In fact, it looked like everything else Rob has already done before. Plus he had to stick his wife in there (again) and have her performing on stage in a dress JUST like she did in House of 1000 Corpses. Fucking boring.

Eli Roth should also call it quits now because, sadly, this trailer is the best thing he's ever done in his career. The guy can't direct a decent new movie (take a look at that piece of shit "Hostel" for example), but he clearly does have talent when you see something like Thanksgiving. He really should make that into a full-length movie and then call it quits.

As for the main movies themselves, I'm not sure which I liked more and will have to watch them again, but I'm probably leaning towards Death Proof.