I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Team Fortress 2 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700221)

Guitar Woman Jul 24th, 2008 03:10 AM

Team Fortress 2

So, so like, I got the Orange Box about a month ago, right? And it wouldn't run on my computer past Episode 1 and the original HL2, which made me need to go and get a real computer so I could play TF2, which is pretty much the only thing I bought it for.

Anyway, TF2 takes around 4 hours to update fully, probably more now that all that Pyro tomfoolery has been released, so I wasn't going to download all that tonight and just decided to play a nice few levels of Portal to appreciate my new PC and how it is better than the other one.

My specs are as follows!
2.53 GHz Dualcore (this is a bit of a downgrade, my last CPU was 2.8 GHz; it wasn't a dual processor though, I would assume that makes up for it a little bit.)
2 Gigabytes of ram
Some graphics card that is really good. It can run STALKER on high settings, that's pretty much all I know about it.
Lots of other shit

So I install Portal, TF2, and HL2 Episode 2, and update Portal appropriately, takes about 30 minutes. I play it, and it gets about as far as the Valve logo with the fat guy and the valve in the back of his head before it reboots my PC. No warning, no error message, just an unexpected reboot. It got to at least the loading screen on my last computer before telling me that I sucked too much at having RAM and pixel shaders to play it.

What.

I haven't tried Episode 2 yet, but I'll do that and get back to you on the results. If it's just Portal doing this, fine, I can live without it.

No, it is not just Portal, Episode 2 also does this.

Son of a BITCH.

executioneer Jul 24th, 2008 05:09 AM

i'd find out what your gfx card is, and maybe update the drivers for it if possible

and yeah dualcore processors make up for it being a lower ghz a tiny bit :lol

i wouldn't be surprised if it crashed on tf2, also :(

MetalMilitia Jul 24th, 2008 07:52 AM

The CPU isn't a downgrade because a newer processor has a more efficient architecture thus getting more "work" done in less cycles. It's like now the old Athlon XP series needed a naming scheme that informed the consumer that they were equivilient to higher clocked P4s.

If you built the machine yourself it could be anything - but probably something to do with your graphics/sound/motherboard drivers. Could also be a memory problem.

Go to "My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced -> Startup and recovery settings" and disable "automatically restart". Then load up Portal and if it displays a BSOD make a note of the EXE that caused the crash. Now reboot the PC and google the EXE - you should be able to find out which software caused the crash.

Guitar Woman Jul 24th, 2008 09:14 AM

So yes, the guy who set up my gaming PC apparently thought up to date video drivers weren't necessary. I probably should have thought of that before I made this thread but fuck you ok I was panicking :<

Fathom Zero Jul 24th, 2008 01:53 PM

Oh man, I have a Pentium 4 2.66 Ghz, 1 gig of RAM, and a Radeon 9200 and it runs all of those like sex on wheels.

And I didn't pay a dime for any of it. God bless hand-me-downs. Granted, TF2 crashes my graphics card occasionally, but I thnik that's because it overheats, so I'm not too bothered about it.

Guitar Woman Jul 24th, 2008 03:17 PM

I've got the Radeon 2400, I think. It runs every game I have at the highest possible settings and is pretty pretty pretty :<

Fathom Zero Jul 24th, 2008 03:21 PM

The HD2400, I take you to mean.

Mine's an AGP card. Yours is PCI-E. Unless you're dumb enough to spend it on the PCI version, (which is the best PCI graphics card on the market.)

Computers like Dell's don't come with any graphics card slots, only PCI ones.

You should be able to run it, it's not a hardware issue by any means. It's a software one. Portal's been known to be heavy on the shaders.

MetalMilitia Jul 24th, 2008 03:36 PM

Only the really old shitty Dell base units didn't have AGP or PCI-E slots. My last PC at work was a bog standard Optiplex machine and even that came with a ATI (AMD) 1200 series PCI-E card.

Fathom Zero Jul 24th, 2008 03:45 PM

The Dell Dimension 2300 (the series isn't even being made anymore, so yeah, you're right) didn't have such a slot. But that's okay because it was still a piece of ass, even in just raw processing jobs.

Guitar Woman Jul 24th, 2008 04:22 PM

Uh, guys, I thought I established that I already got Portal running, and that the problem was no drivers were installed for the card?

Also, Episode 2 is the best shooter I've played in forever. Completely redeems Episode 1's mediocrity.

Team Fortress 2 doesn't work, still; it gives me a VALIDATING FILES bar for about a nanosecond and then disappears whenever I try to run it. I've been told that I have to delete all the TF2 local gamefiles and reinstall it, which is fucking RIDICULOUS because I just finished updating it.

I'm not angry, though, because Episode 2 is seriously a great goddamned stump of a game. I'll be angry at TF2 for not working when I finish it in about an hour.

executioneer Jul 24th, 2008 04:23 PM

so it was graphics drivers, then?

edit: n/m

Guitar Woman Jul 24th, 2008 04:56 PM

Haha! I got it!

It kept trying to validate the files which is necessary for some reason, but it couldn't do it by itself so I just went in the "Properties" menu for TF2 from the My Games list and did it manually.

It's fantastic, by the way.

Fathom Zero Jul 24th, 2008 05:03 PM

I look forward to slaughtering you.

Chojin Jul 29th, 2008 01:30 AM

i fucking hate the new pyro achievements, especially the backburner. that thing has stats like:

all crits from behind
50% more regular damage too
BUT
you can't do some shit that's new anyway

So it's better than the default pyro gun in every way, and that thing was already pretty bazonkers. I fucking hate flamers in every game, though ;< GRR

At this rate, the new Heavy's weapon will have the following stats:
+25% damage
all crits on shots that hit a person
cannot activate skill "nuclear winter"

oh yeah glad to hear you fixed your pc problem. I was going to tell you that it was the card or processor overheating because 99% of the time that is the only reason your computer will murder itself - to protect it from melting.

Fathom Zero Jul 29th, 2008 10:08 AM

That's really the Heavy's? Jesus.

Time to get my Sniper on. I already have, but I definitely will after this. The Chief of Staff achievement is easy, the Pyromancer is hard as hell, and I have a feeling this Nuclear Winter will probably be in between the two as far as difficulty.

Backburners can go eat a dick.

executioneer Jul 29th, 2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 571280)
At this rate

""

Fathom Zero Jul 29th, 2008 09:04 PM

Sometimes, I question when I'm retarded.

And sometimes, I just know.

Fathom Zero Jul 29th, 2008 09:31 PM

Hahaha; an update was just released in the last couple hours that, among other things, removes the health bonus from the Backburner.

Guitar Woman Jul 30th, 2008 10:47 AM

Well, now my complaints about not being able to frontally assualt Pyros with the Scrumpy bottle are completely gone.

Thanks, Valve!

Chojin Jul 30th, 2008 07:30 PM

every server i've gotten on today has been filled with WTF MY HEALTH IS ONLY 175 WHAT SKULLDUGGERY IS THIS

Guitar Woman Jul 30th, 2008 08:25 PM

I hate when people defend the Pyro's gayness with the arguement that he's only deadly when you're up close, which is idiotic since about 75% of the game takes place in close quarters and it's really hard to fucking stay away from something if half of the other team is playing as it

Chojin Jul 30th, 2008 11:21 PM

and when you consider that the only weapons in the game that do any damage have scattered shots

Guitar Woman Jul 30th, 2008 11:26 PM

I didn't think of that either, no.

I've gotten fantastic at sniping Pyros with my revolver, if I am discovered and have time to get away before they make a Spyburger out of me. The Demoman is also the easiest class to kill Pyros with aside from the Soldier, I've found.

Chojin Jul 31st, 2008 07:45 AM

I learned to hate pyros early in Kingpin, where they could kill you near-instantly if they kept a stream on you, or eventually if they touch you once, but also it was impossible to see them behind the wall of flame, and any rockets you shot at them would get immolated by the flame and blow up in your face.

In TF2, I really think that scouts should be the major anti-pyro class, but as-is they can't get close enough to them to have the scatter gun work effectively, and the scout's pistol might as well not be in the game.

What the game really needs is the abilty to stop-drop-and-roll if you're on fire - it'd leave you way open to others shooting at you, but it seems like every time I die from a pyro it's 10 seconds after I've killed them and I'm alone anyway and booking for the nearest health kit. And not many of the official stages have a real body of water to jump into to stop the flames.

I only ever switch to pyro if people are camping our spawn.

Chojin Jul 31st, 2008 07:49 AM

Giving medics or even other pyros a fire extinguisher would also be a good idea. The medic's heal gun does put fire out pretty quickly, but only for a single target.

Nick Jul 31st, 2008 09:41 AM

My Dell 2100 sucks. :(

Guitar Woman Jul 31st, 2008 03:21 PM

when did I make this thread did you bump an old thread

oh ok

Guitar Woman Jul 31st, 2008 03:22 PM

Also, I'm pretty sure that I have become the greatest Spy in the entire history of Team Fortress.

I'm just that fantastic. I also like how you never have to rely on your own team as the Spy, since the ones I'm on are often full of idiots.

Chojin Jul 31st, 2008 06:14 PM

well, good spies usually coordinate rushes while they're sapping sentries.

Guitar Woman Jul 31st, 2008 09:31 PM

My team barely ever listens to me, but I usually give them a heads up when I take out sentries.

I've given up on buddying up with other Spies to take out dug-in Engies, since everyone seems to have this habit of running headlong into Pyros while de-cloaking.

I also didn't realize that getting shot by anything other than the flamethrower wouldn't blow your cover, which is awesome.

Fathom Zero Aug 1st, 2008 12:06 AM

I'll get you anyway.

The Blutsauger will give the medic +3 health if it is an enemy, but not for teammates. I've used that to my advantage a couple times.

Guitar Woman Aug 1st, 2008 01:19 AM

I cheated to get my Blutsauger and then never ever played medic again. It's great for killing Pyros, though; if one's following me just close enough to be dangerous, I'll pelt him with it and vamp all his health to stop myself from being on fire.

Also, is it just me or does the Ubersaw crit EVERY TIME IT HITS ME?

That thing is ridiculous.

Chojin Aug 1st, 2008 05:46 AM

We just set up a dedicated server for TF2 over here. I have sourcemod running on it, but just a barebones install, as I'm going to figure out some other stuff later to do with it.

Like having ganon pronounce everyone dead.

Server's called "Chris Hansen's Internet Sting Operation", btw.

executioneer Aug 1st, 2008 06:36 AM

YALL MAKE.... NO SENCE

MLE Aug 3rd, 2008 07:36 PM

Okay, so this is actually a fun game :<

Guitar Woman Aug 3rd, 2008 11:44 PM

I can't think of a single game from the current generation that I like better than TF2, honestly.

MLE Aug 8th, 2008 01:39 PM

I played as a scout and he said "wave goodbye to yer stupid crap, dumbass"

Guitar Woman Aug 11th, 2008 02:14 PM

So getting around my problem with disposing of sentries, I've decided it'd be really fucking awesome to drop your disguise in a position where the Engie is between you and his turret, because it then turns around and takes him to pieces trying to get you. If he didn't see you, it'd probably take him way too long to realize what's happening because I've never seen anyone try this, so no way in hell are they expecting it. Also, tier 2 and 3 sentries would make mincemeat of anyone in a matter of seconds, so they'd never have time to respond. After this it's a matter of timing your cloak and/or disguise to coincide with the engineer's death, and then sapping.

I haven't actually tried this since I've been bogged down with work for a few weeks, but the only ways I see it not working are if an Engie is babysitting a sentry that doesn't belong to him, if there are multiple sentries covering each other, or if there happens to be someone who cares in the vicinity. The last one doesn't even matter so much unless they're RIGHT THERE, since there would probably be time to put a sapper on the sentry and mabye scurry away before they could get to you.

Also if he's facing you, but that's sort of a given.

Fathom Zero Aug 11th, 2008 02:46 PM

I've done it with other classes. It's funny making an engie kill themselves as they're trying to fix it. It's good engineer behavior to stand behind wherever you expect it to shoot at, but sometimes people are just retarded.

Chojin Aug 11th, 2008 03:07 PM

Is that what you mean :>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOLFnR8-PYs

Guitar Woman Aug 11th, 2008 03:14 PM

Yes, that, without the knifing.

I'm glad someone else demonstrated this, since I wasn't sure how soon you'd have to cloak after dropping your disguise. I guess it's instantaneous.

I also knew it was just too awesome for nobody to have thought of it before.

Schimid Aug 11th, 2008 05:18 PM

I play this game enough that I have a set plan for every map I go to. Shit, for every section of the map. I always, always snipe on Gold Rush 1, pyro on Gold Rush 2, engie on Dustbowl 1, ALWAYS spy on 2Fort...I wonder if it's a burden to the team :O

Guitar Woman Aug 12th, 2008 09:51 AM

I don't have much variety like that, probably because I suck at being a team player. I play an ok Scout, usually on CTF maps because I am awesome at rushing in and capping before anyone knows what's going on, and I've given up on trying to be a good Demoman.

I should probably learn to be something other than the Spy, which I've put twice as much time into than any other class. But I can't, because stabbing half the other team to death while they're busy clustering around the Goldrush cart and not paying attention to anything else is something special.

Also, am I the only one who thinks there should be more three-point CP maps like Gravelpit? I love how open that level is, comparatively.

MattJack Aug 12th, 2008 11:07 AM

would yall say any class is useless or OP? Or are they all well rounded and just compliment your style of play? I tried playing against my 14 year old brother, but he pushed my sh*t in really quick :(

Obviously I didn't know the maps, so I was fuc*ed from the get go, and not to mention I was the sniper the whole time.

Fathom Zero Aug 12th, 2008 11:08 AM

They're all well rounded and can defend any other class, but some classes are suited to different situations.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 12th, 2008 01:35 PM

Yea. It's just a matter of knowing when and where to use the right class.

I prefer the Spy myself, just because I've been getting better at navigating maps unnoticed. The only problems I have are the usual cramped hallway, which always leads to an embarrassing death after bumping into someone around the corner :(

Demoman's my other favorite, just because his guns have a little more versatility. You can really rack up an insane amount of kills if you hold a choke point. One of the maps I hardly ever play (was it custom?) had this bridge everyone was trying to cross, and both teams were just piling onto it. I sat behind a rock at a pretty far distance and picked everyone off one by one. I don't think I've ever dominated that many people before :D

Chojin Aug 12th, 2008 07:12 PM

I wouldn't go that far - the pyro is by far the easiest class to play, has the most advantages over other classes, and is appropriate for every map. Aside from him, though, the game is remarkably balanced.

Just don't be surprised when a team of 8 has 7 pyros pushing the cart, though.

Fathom Zero Aug 12th, 2008 07:14 PM

That would be Warpath. It was originally a Half Life 2 Deathmatch map, and it was ported.

It's a LOOONG map, too. Whenever I see too many knife kills, I always switch over to Pyro.

The key to the game is forcing people to change strategies and classes. For instance, if I'm playing GW, I'll be a pyro because I know she can't play anything besides Spy.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 12th, 2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 573850)
I wouldn't go that far - the pyro is by far the easiest class to play, has the most advantages over other classes, and is appropriate for every map. Aside from him, though, the game is remarkably balanced.

I can't play Pyro for the life of me, though :(

I'm mad at the rest of the world, because the rest of the world can use him better than me :x

ValientKid Aug 13th, 2008 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 573850)

And by Pyro you mean Soldier, right? Although the easiest to me would be the Sniper. Especially if you were born with naturally good hand-eye cordination

Also: Heavy update on the 19th. Gonna be a sniper's paradise.

Chojin Aug 13th, 2008 08:50 PM

Soldiers are slower than other classes (save for the heavy) and have a very small amount of shots per clip, and have a shitty reload time. Back before they took away the Backburner's retarded health upgrade, they also had less health than pyros. Without a crit, their rockets don't do much damage, either.

BUT I SUPPOSE THEY DO GET THOSE CRITS ABOUT 10% OF THE TIME, OH LAWSY

Also, you are ridiculous if you think Sniper's an easy class to play.

I think part of the reason you see so many pyros is that they can't be caught on fire.

Guitar Woman Aug 13th, 2008 08:52 PM

Soldiers are really only a problem when I'm playing the Scout and have to be on the front lines around them.

As a spy they're always in front of me begging to be stabbed, and when I'm a Demoman they don't bother me because I'm better at blowing people up than they are. I thought they'd be way overpowered with the rocket launcher and everything, but yeah, what Chojin said.

A thought occured to me today that after every class is upgraded, it'd be really funny if Pyros end up being the shittiest, like in TFC.

Guitar Woman Aug 13th, 2008 09:04 PM

I think he was also saying that people who play Sniper are gonna love the heavy update because they're such ridiculous targets.

I try playing Sniper every now and then, but I usually end up just killing other snipers who are only trying to kill me, and then realize that without us the game would be exactly the same and go play as something useful.

Or I'll pick a vantage point, wait for people to show up, get bored, and charge the other team with the submachine gun, which results in them going "what the fuck" while I kill one of them with the Kukuri and then am blown up by about 3 simultaneous rockets.

Chojin Aug 13th, 2008 09:07 PM

Yeah, but the major theme of the heavy update is making him less reliant on the medic, so I'm thinking he'll get a neat hat or something.

Guitar Woman Aug 13th, 2008 09:11 PM

I just hope the Spy update is next and he gets the Tranq gun.

Guitar Woman Aug 15th, 2008 05:24 PM

http://www.steamgames.com/tf2/heavy

I don't see the point of the new gun, you'd already get slowed down a lot by knockback when shot by his standard one.

The boxing gloves sound awesome, but who actually ever punches people as the heavy?

I've also played that community map before and I really don't like it :<

Fathom Zero Aug 15th, 2008 05:28 PM

"Killing Gloves of Boxing"

:lol

Chojin Aug 16th, 2008 02:17 AM

Tons of people punch as heavies, it does retarded damage.

Guitar Woman Aug 16th, 2008 04:45 AM

So I started trying to play as the Sniper today

Jesus christ :<

Are Heavies just immune to headshots?

executioneer Aug 16th, 2008 04:48 AM

do you guys know anyone who plays as INTERNET TOUGH GUY
cause i was playin w/ someone with that moniker and it sounded awful here-ish somehow

Chojin Aug 16th, 2008 06:25 PM

Sniper has probably the worst secondary weapon in the game (machine pistol is worthless), but his melee's pretty good.

As a sniper, I tend to hang out in view of friendly sentries - no spy in his right mind would attack you first, and as soon as I hear the engineer complaining about spies, I unzoom and bring out the ol' chop-chop.

My mouse also lets me dial down the sensitivity, which is great for zoomed shots.

Chojin Aug 16th, 2008 06:26 PM

Speaking of secondaries, I only recently fell in love with the scout's (and engineer's) pistol - after I figured out that you can fire it faster if you keep clicking rather than hold the button down.

It also just 'feels' better to fire, that way.

MetalMilitia Aug 16th, 2008 06:36 PM

I agree, I'm not sure if I've ever killed another player with the Sniper's machine pistol.

The sniper is a great class on certain maps but in others it's just useless. For example the last control point of the last stage of dustbowl is a prime sniping opportunity for both sides, and a good sniper on one team can win the match.

Chojin Aug 16th, 2008 08:09 PM

Goldrush 1 has an AMAZING sniping point, but you have to crouch-jump up three boxes, onto a lampshade, and then onto a pole. I killed about 12 people today before they finally got a soldier to uproot me, and then he screamed over alltalk WHAT THE FUCK.

The best part about that spot is that you can see enemy snipers' feet before they can see you at all, and a charged shot to the foot is enough to drop a sniper. Also, you're so high up that nobody bothers to look for you, and only the MOST DETERMINED SPY IN THE WORLD will scale the aggro-crag just to nab you.

Also today, I fired two full clips from the machine pistol into a burning enemy demoman about 20 feet away and still couldn't kill him.

Guitar Woman Aug 16th, 2008 08:12 PM

Screenshot?

I keep trying to get better at Sniper, and I think location is one of my biggest problems. I'm also the kind of jerk who would go that far out of my way to backstab someone, so yeah. Plus, I have a habit of disguising as a friendly sniper on that level to fool the other team before the game starts, so it would also probably make a good place to surprise a throng of attackers from.

Chojin Aug 16th, 2008 10:10 PM

Chojin Aug 16th, 2008 10:12 PM

Right outside of the red team's spawn -> go up stairs, cross bridge -> jump to boxes -> jump to lampshade -> jump to top of lamp. All crouch-jumps.

Fathom Zero Aug 16th, 2008 10:32 PM

I saw another guy doing that. It takes 'em a while to be able to shoot you, even though they're able to see exactly where you are.

I started playing Spy recently and holy shit the Deringer is over-powered. I was taking out teleporters and pyros like sex on wheels.

By the way, I've killed quite a few people with the machine pistol. When I've come up against a Scout underneath the bases in 2Fort, the thing saved my life many a time.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 16th, 2008 10:38 PM

Jesus Christ. That's some determination right there. Kudos.

I remember awhile back, my entire team used dispensers to leap ontop of the B point in Gravel Pit. At that point, they built teleporters on the roof and the entire team proceeded to slaughter Blu from all directions. Sniping was a blast.

For the longest time, no one was able to figure out how the hell a Heavy wound up on the roof. They called shenanigans as we poured from the roof and into the building. It was my first Impossible Defense :D

Guitar Woman Aug 16th, 2008 11:12 PM

The revolver's a decent gun, but pretty much everyone else has a better weapon than you so you better hope you can aim worth a shit. I'm really hoping he'll get the Tranq gun from TFC, though, so I can actually get away from Pyros now and then when they're within flaming distance.

Also, yeah, sapping sentries then shooting them or stabbing them makes everything way easier.

I steadfastly refuse to play the Spy anymore until everyone who plays this game learns what "GUYS THE SENTRIES ARE DOWN PUSH THE CART ALREADY FUCK" means.

MetalMilitia Aug 19th, 2008 04:42 PM

Heh: MEET THE SANDVICH

He punched out all my blood!

Guitar Woman Aug 19th, 2008 05:41 PM

That is fucking awesome.

Oh, the update's also going live right now!

Chojin Aug 19th, 2008 05:56 PM

I can tell by how steam won't let me connect!

Fathom Zero Aug 19th, 2008 06:02 PM

I've BEEN connected.

Or not.

Chojin Aug 19th, 2008 06:05 PM

I thought I was too, but I was mistaken.

Fathom Zero Aug 19th, 2008 06:05 PM

I want to play on an all-heavy server.

Guitar Woman Aug 19th, 2008 06:36 PM

So now that I've updated all the servers have ridiculous pings, the absolute lowest ones being 200 something, and I can't connect to any of them.

That Battlefield Heroes beta would be pretty nice right about now.

Fathom Zero Aug 19th, 2008 08:09 PM

It would, wouldn't it? I've been having a bit of trouble with the installer, but I'll submit something to the forum or probably restart my computer.

Guitar Woman Aug 19th, 2008 08:28 PM

Oh, guys, this update is just fucking awesome.

2280 damage as a sniper in one life, and I've been able to pull off a Medic disguise like 5 times now. I am a HERO.

BEHOLD!

Fathom Zero Aug 19th, 2008 08:31 PM

Everyone knew this was going to happen. I LOVE IT.

Chojin Aug 21st, 2008 01:57 AM

I do love this update tremendously. The heavy's become one of my favorite classes - there's nothing like getting a kritzkrieg on you and mowing down five or more guys while the heavy bellows 'UWAAAAAA! CRRRYYY SOOOOME MOOOOORE!'

Phoenix Gamma Aug 21st, 2008 12:16 PM

We should really get a few games going...

Guitar Woman Aug 24th, 2008 04:13 PM

So I let my younger sister play for a few hours, and came back to find she had hopped on an achievement farming server and gotten me 63 points as the medic

The Ubersaw is pretty cool, but I don't think it was worth all the stats rape :<

Fathom Zero Aug 24th, 2008 06:05 PM

I went on the heavy achievement maps and got about 30 backstabs until I realized there weren't any spy achievements. Still, it was very funny.

executioneer Aug 24th, 2008 06:43 PM

man i was on a hvy achievement server and two jackasses had set up sentry guns right in the spawn point

which i suppose if i hadn't been trying to get achievements might have been funny, but it just wound up being annoying, so i switched to demoman and blew them to shit repeatedly

Fathom Zero Aug 24th, 2008 06:47 PM

They usually don't have their junk up long enough to have it do any real damage.

executioneer Aug 24th, 2008 06:53 PM

well they put them directly next to the restock cabinet, so they were constantly being healed themselves, and everyone else on that team basically just stood around shooting the other team as they spawned too

Schimid Aug 25th, 2008 03:27 AM

I don't know how I feel about the new Arena mode. On the plus side, it's a cool concept and works well when it's 8v8. On the downside, anything less turns into a battle for whoever has more Pyros.

Guitar Woman Aug 25th, 2008 12:19 PM

Now that I've figured out you have to always think about 10 seconds ahead while playing Demoman, I've made the thrilling discovery that every Pyro on earth is a fucking moron.

Chojin Aug 25th, 2008 12:56 PM

Why were you on an achievement farming server anyway, willie?

That's hardly an ACHIEVEMENT. YOU WEE LITTLE BABY.

First you think my server sucks and now this. WHAT HAPPENED, WILLIE.

executioneer Aug 26th, 2008 07:27 PM

i hated that you wanted to play melee combat only because i s*ck at it >:

that's the reason i only got the first two unlockables, f*ck the boxing gloves

executioneer Aug 26th, 2008 08:31 PM

BASICALLY WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS, I SUCK AT VIDOE GAMES

BurntToShreds Sep 1st, 2008 06:02 PM

I just got TF2 a few days ago, and I have to admit, it's hard finding a role that suits you. I've had the most success playing as Demoman, but if my team doesn't have any
Medics, I make sure to switch ASAP.

Schimid Sep 8th, 2008 02:25 PM

I had stopped playing this game for a while until this came out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTpvVdM57JQ

It's a soundpack with tons of different decals, sounds and songs to keep you busy. I don't wanna give too much away, but playing as a sniper got a lot funnier.

Fathom Zero Sep 8th, 2008 03:55 PM

I'm digging the mashup in the video, though.

Guitar Woman Sep 8th, 2008 06:53 PM

the YUS, I AM INVINCIBLE got me :<

Guitar Woman Sep 8th, 2008 07:21 PM

Schimid, is there some other, less shitty place to download that from?

Megaupload refuses to let me have it and the FileFront link just redirects to the main page.

Schimid Sep 8th, 2008 08:40 PM

I only know about those two...I still have the .rar archive, I could host it on Chojin's site and you could get it from there, I guess?

I played a bit with it tonight, and I love being a spy even more now. He'll randomly say some Joker quotes from Dark Knight, and each backstab elicits a "GENTLEMEN."

The best part is during the humiliation phase, when I cavort rampantly, throwing my knife around and complimenting my teammates.

Gurlugon Sep 10th, 2008 08:42 PM

Boink's soundpack is awesome. I had all but quit the game and came back swinging after the Heavy update. Good times.

JJ_Maniac Sep 14th, 2008 04:37 PM

I got sixty-four points as medic in a 2fort last night. That's good for me. I also just realized that Valve had either nerfed the multi-uber (the process where you continuously uber two companions), or I seem to be doing it wrong. I prefer the old syringe gun to the blutsauger, though.