I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Music Review: Frizzle Fry (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698608)

MockBot Jan 3rd, 2008 02:52 AM

Weekly Music Review: Frizzle Fry

Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Music Review: Frizzle Fry.

executioneer Jan 3rd, 2008 03:15 AM

what a couplea dumbshits ;(

incognit000 Jan 3rd, 2008 07:48 AM

I never got into this one. It's hell of a lot better than the shit on the radios, though.

macrodeath Jan 3rd, 2008 08:12 AM

Been listening to Primus since i was 14 years old. Found the Antipop from local library and enjoyed every moment of it. In couple of years i have collected all Primus main releases for my self.

Fathom Zero Jan 3rd, 2008 10:27 AM

Yeah, I'm an Antipop guy, but I can get into almost any of their albums. Even the Brown Album. Yeah.

Moranzollamas Jan 3rd, 2008 02:38 PM

Amazing album. I thought I was the only one out around that favored Frizzle Fry over all other Primus albums.

shakaconner Jan 3rd, 2008 04:42 PM

Good album, but I'm a fan of Pork Soda myself.

Mockery Jan 3rd, 2008 05:48 PM

Code-Wheel Jones, haha gotta love those lyrics. Say, didn't you meet Les Claypool a while back and post some photos of yourself with him on the forums?

Moranzollamas
, you're not alone at all! Sailing the Seas of Cheese comes in a close 2nd for me, but Frizzle Fry is easily the one with the most replay value as far as I'm concerned.

shakaconner, I love Pork Soda. "You're the guy from the hamburger train, right?" Lotta good tunes on there. Only problem is, I've never been able to relisten to that album on a regular basis like I can with Frizzle Fry. Not sure why that is, I think the songs are a bit more repetitive on that album. "My Name Is Mud" and "Mr. Krinkle" are fun tunes, but they're definitely more on the repetitive side when it comes to Primus tunes.

Autrach Sejanoz Jan 3rd, 2008 08:42 PM

Frizzle Fry aint bad, but I personally prefer Antipop.

BoJa Jan 3rd, 2008 09:21 PM

Pork Soda is Primus' best album. 'Tis fact.

shakaconner Jan 3rd, 2008 11:01 PM

Mockery, Gotta love the reference to Paul Reubens on that song.

executioneer Jan 4th, 2008 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoJa (Post 518791)
Pork Soda is Primus' best album. 'Tis fact.

YOU'RE a fact >:

macrodeath Jan 4th, 2008 08:35 AM

I love these: groundhog's day, Mr.knowitall, Pudding time, Harold of the rocks, Jerry was a race car driver, Tommy the cat, Fish on, Professor Nutbutter's house of treats, Wynona's big brown beaver, Southbound pachyderm, My name is Mud, Mr.Krinkle, Welcome to this world, Hamburger train, The heckler, Golden boy, Bob's party time lounge, Shake hands with beef, Resting bones, Kalamazoo, Natural Joe, Laquerhead, Antipop, Greet the sacred cow, Mama didn't raise no fool, Ballad of Bodacious, Power mad, The final voyage of the liquid sky, The Last Superpower AKA Raspscallion. Hooboyy, long list.

Okay, for Primus fans, you should also try these bands: The Frog Brigade, Oysterhead, C2B3 and Les Claypool's solo album Of whales and woe :)

executioneer Jan 4th, 2008 12:44 PM

uhh how about blind illusion, blue man group and a perfect circle as long as we're just naming bands members of primus have been in

Mockery Jan 4th, 2008 01:08 PM

Answer my question Willie, or face the wrath of Sgt. Baker!

executioneer Jan 4th, 2008 01:12 PM

I HAVE MET LES CLAYPOOL THREE TIMES AND HE CALLED ME SPACEMAN

argonath Jan 4th, 2008 02:08 PM

Of all their albums, this one has gotten the most spin time in the old CD player. Sailing... is a close second though.

arg_zombies Jan 4th, 2008 04:42 PM

I've only got Sailing and Pork Soda, so I'll look out for that one :)

Mockery Jan 4th, 2008 05:03 PM

"I HAVE MET LES CLAYPOOL THREE TIMES AND HE CALLED ME SPACEMAN"

Haha, did he give a reason for calling you spaceman?

arg_zombies, it's definitely worth picking up. Plus they added on an extra track called "Hello Skinny / Constantinoble" not too long ago when they re-released it.

executioneer Jan 4th, 2008 05:06 PM

it was probably because i was wearing a helmet with antennae on it (that i also used to clip mics on to reduce crowdnoise while bootlegging)

arg_zombies Jan 4th, 2008 05:12 PM

Just wish they could release a few tab books, it's hard working it out from the videos and songs |:/

executioneer Jan 4th, 2008 05:19 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Primus-Antholo.../dp/1575601540
http://www.amazon.com/Primus-Anthology-thru-Guitar-Bass/dp/1575602164
?

arg_zombies Jan 4th, 2008 05:25 PM

:|

Legendary

executioneer Jan 4th, 2008 09:17 PM

more like less claymation :rolleyes

this is a picture of me in the spaceman helmet

wait do img tags not work on the article posts? i guess that would make sense :x

arg_zombies Jan 5th, 2008 09:58 AM

That is the only helmet I've ever seen worthy of the title