I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Castlevania fighting game: IGA reloads, points gun at uninjured foot (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700077)

Dr. Boogie Jul 1st, 2008 04:29 PM

The Castlevania fighting game: IGA reloads, points gun at uninjured foot

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=19247

The latest next-gen Castlevania game will be a fighting game, for the Wii, with art done by the guy who did Death Note.

I really don't know what to say. I, personally, haven't heard much call for a Castlevania fighting game, but I have heard a lot from people wanting Ayami Kojima back for the art. Oh well, I suppose it can't be much worse than the N64 games.

Chojin Jul 1st, 2008 04:31 PM

its all up to the lil korean kids anyhow

Dr. Boogie Jul 1st, 2008 04:36 PM

I'll ship them up to the bad Korea if they keep this up.

Chojin Jul 1st, 2008 05:09 PM

i guess people just don't like sewing these days

Emu Jul 1st, 2008 06:39 PM

this

looks

AMAZING

BurntToShreds Jul 1st, 2008 06:45 PM

I'll buy it only if I can play as Julius Belmont, and maybe Soma Cruz.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 1st, 2008 08:02 PM

Looks kind of iffy with just screenshots. Not sure if I'm going to like the nunchuk and wiimote for controls either.

Guitar Woman Jul 1st, 2008 08:39 PM

I can't claim to be a fan of fighting games. I actually hate them. But this looks really cool. Here's hoping it has not Brawl Wifi and doesn't suck!

Zhukov Jul 2nd, 2008 11:17 AM

The game will be mediocre, but I'm willing to guess that out of the plethora of mini-games it will carry, a few will be playable. I'm excited.

Dr. Boogie Jul 2nd, 2008 12:05 PM

I just feel like the game should go all out. Sure, we've ditched the iconic art style and moved into an unrelated game genre, but I feel like more could be done. How about we fire that Michiru Yamane hack, and replace all the whips with magic wands?

And can we work in a teenage girl with a squeaky voice to be a sidekick? And maybe she has a wise-cracking animal companion, too.

darkvare Jul 2nd, 2008 09:30 PM

at least is different from metroidvania and i think i may get it my wii is a dust collector this and madworld may be the only two wii games i will get unless i see something really amazing at e3 i also want a playable 8 bit simon lol

Angryhydralisk Jul 3rd, 2008 10:58 AM

CastleWHORE.

Okay, I'm buying a Wii. Period. This shit's gonna have more whips than a Devo song, it's gonna rock (As much as a Castlevania game CAN rock in this day and age.)!

Maybe it'll even have butt-rock, just like in Curse of Darkness!

And Simon appears to have reddish (maroon?) hair, which should be gay, but works in the 80s, where but-rock works best. And he has a whip.

CUH-RACK THAT WHIP! :hypno

Dr. Boogie Jul 3rd, 2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 565512)
at least is different from metroidvania

Oh, that reminds me, they should also get working on the Castlevania card game. And don't forget Castlevania Tactics!

darkvare Jul 3rd, 2008 01:00 PM

i think tactics is posible lol and they are making a new metroidvania for the ds anyways (order of ecclesia) and according to some info there is gonna be conectivity between the two

Dr. Boogie Jul 3rd, 2008 01:49 PM

Yeah, they mention that in the article.

Oh hell, how could I forget Castlevania Kart!? Little chibi version of your favorite castlevania characters shooting crosses and daggers at each other while driving through tracks made to look like some of the more famous zones like the clock tower and caves!

Nick Jul 3rd, 2008 02:11 PM

I want a 3D game with Alucard. He's the best character.

Dr. Boogie Jul 3rd, 2008 02:48 PM

Don't worry. The next gen version of Castlevania Kart will be entirely in 3D.

Girl Drink Drunk Jul 3rd, 2008 02:59 PM

How about Belmont Party?

Nick Jul 3rd, 2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 565714)
Don't worry. The next gen version of Castlevania Kart will be entirely in 3D.

Castlevania can be brought to the next gen consoles as an decent adventure game. They just don't want to spend the time to make it work.

Emu Jul 3rd, 2008 04:19 PM

A 3D Castlevania would be God of War's retarded cousin.

Guitar Woman Jul 3rd, 2008 05:00 PM

What was wrong with Castlevania 64, again?

Emu Jul 3rd, 2008 05:05 PM

Boring characters, mostly. That's what turned me off of it.

Nick Jul 3rd, 2008 06:17 PM

Lack of Belmonts?

Lobo Tommy Jul 7th, 2008 05:11 PM

Ten bucks says the game is really bad.

Fathom Zero Jul 7th, 2008 10:57 PM

I think people easily forget about Lament of Innocence and it's sequal.

Because they're forgettable.