I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mockers IRL (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698122)

Sethomas Nov 1st, 2007 11:59 PM

Mockers IRL

How many of you have met at least one fellow mocker in REAL LIFE?

I've met two. First was the lovely and brilliant Swamper, and second was the lovely and brilliant CLAspinter AKA Grandfather Smash AKA laforzadeldestino AKA theapportioner.

If any of you remember Feueraffe from years past, we've lived in the same two counties at the same time, we have two mutual friends (well, one is a lame-ass who hates me now), we avidly read each other's LJ's, we were going to watch a movie together but it fell through, and one time she spotted me walking down the street from her car. And? We've never actually met.

There used to be Mocker Conventions from time to time, but that was when you fucks were worth meeting. I never went!

Sethomas Nov 2nd, 2007 12:03 AM

OH YEAH, one time I got a phone call from the lovely and brilliant HughBristic saying she was a mile away from my dorm and wanted to have lunch with me. However, at the time I wasn't in my dorm because I'd gone home for the weekend. That made me VERY VERY SAD.

Oh, and Feueraffe? Totally lovely and brilliant.

Guitar Woman Nov 2nd, 2007 12:19 AM

I've been through a few close calls, but I've never actually met or talked to anyone.

I was in Willie's general area when they demolished the cooling tower for the trojan plant, MLE almost convinced me to give her my phone number but I pussed out at the last second, and I almost called Pub Lover but we both decided that would be way too wierd.

corpexec44 Nov 2nd, 2007 01:04 AM

I met Chojin in Ocean City Maryland

Emu Nov 2nd, 2007 08:34 AM

I'm all alone. :(

HungryWantBiddy Nov 2nd, 2007 08:38 AM

no you're not, emu. don't fret :)

Esuohlim Nov 2nd, 2007 10:43 AM

I think the person who lives the closest to me would be kellychaos so no thanks

Perndog Nov 2nd, 2007 11:51 AM

I talked on the phone a couple of times with kahljorn.

Supafly345 Nov 2nd, 2007 01:25 PM

I know all the people who came to this board because of me. Oh and I almost went on a booze cruize with Zomboid, but couldn't manage to get there.

darkvare Nov 2nd, 2007 02:03 PM

not phone but i talked with zomboid and arrow x over xbox live

Cosmo Electrolux Nov 2nd, 2007 02:57 PM

I've never spoken with anyone on the phone, nor met them face to face, only email exchanges with a few Mockers. :(
although, Sicktodeathmx lives in T-Town (if I remember correctly) and I'll be there Saturday for a game...and I don't even like Football. :(

Womti Nov 2nd, 2007 03:03 PM

I know lenor, willie, Seven Force and -RoG- on myspace.

Emu Nov 2nd, 2007 03:37 PM

That's not quite the same thing as knowing someone in real life

DuFresne Nov 2nd, 2007 05:25 PM

So, Using what I'm hereby calling the "womti formula" for converting internet pal-ness into IRL equivilants, we find:

I friend seth on Facebook
+ Seth friends me on Myspace
- Myspace's epic failure
x the sum so far by the fact that he'll actually respond to my messages
Divide the product by the fact that my messages are probably more annoying then I think them to be at the time, and...

= Seth's bratty little brother! Woo hoo!

Sacks Nov 2nd, 2007 06:20 PM

I found out someone who posted here for like a month knew one of my friends and this one time he got drunk for the first time and I ended up being the only one in the room. It was like the Loveline forum.

AChimp Nov 2nd, 2007 06:25 PM

I know SolidSnakeASS/RoyalTenenbaum and fatbinge. They don't post here anymore.

I have a hand-written note from Proto, and I sent glowbelly a birthday card long ago :O

Terra Nov 2nd, 2007 06:50 PM

My ex boyfriend/fiance used to post here. He told me to come here and post and then he ditched me. :(

Zomboid Nov 2nd, 2007 07:21 PM

What supafly and darkvare said. Also, I talked to italian on the phone.

SUPAFLY I DON'T KNOW WHERE I'M GOING NEXT SUMMER BUT IF ITS IN YOUR AREA AGAIN YOU BETTER MAKE IT, BRAW!

Dr. Boogie Nov 2nd, 2007 07:27 PM

I've met:

Sspad
BuffaloTom (doesn't post here anymore)
Glowbelly
Protoclown
George
George's ex-wife
Jaegermeister (doesn't post here anymore)
Rog
Re

and McClain

MattJack Nov 2nd, 2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terra (Post 509840)
My ex boyfriend/fiance used to post here. He told me to come here and post and then he ditched me. :(

Let this be a lesson to all mockers.

Don't unload your annoying significant other onto I-Mockery if you don't plan on sticking around to keep her in her place.

Emu Nov 2nd, 2007 07:32 PM

I remember Sspad met Vince once, that was great.

MattJack Nov 2nd, 2007 07:37 PM

I wonder how that worked out.

My fantasy I-mockery meet up would be Max and Vince.

They could go rent a star wars movie (for Max) and then go kill some dogs n shit (for Vince). Kind of like the old Odd Couple.

bigtimecow Nov 2nd, 2007 08:09 PM

:( no one for me

Sebra Nov 2nd, 2007 09:03 PM

chojin

DeadKennedys Nov 2nd, 2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 509846)
I remember Sspad met Vince once, that was great.

I think that's in thread backups.

Oh god, go read "Bulk or Cut" for old time's sake