I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Your favorite booze (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701165)

Sam Nov 30th, 2008 05:15 PM

Your favorite booze

This is the time of the year where I (and probably a lot of other people) drink a lot more then usual.

You don't have to be one of those people, but if you have a favorite talk about it and share it with the fine folk here.

I'm talking brands people. IF YOU GET FUCKED UP WITH VODKA, WHAT KIND OF VODKA DO YOU PREFER. Personally, I don't drink vodka because it makes me black out and do fucked up stuff with my friend's sister. :(

I drink a lot of Jack Daniels, Jamesons, Bushmills, or Jaegermeister which I love drinking with Dr. Pepper. :(

I also drink Rum and Coke with this cheap-ass rum called Admiral Neilsons. :(

I also drink a ton of beer, and I love all kinds. :(

Asila Nov 30th, 2008 05:20 PM

Sailor Jerry. I used to get the girly flavoured stuff in vodka and rum, but realized that the sugar in it made me think that I wasn't drunk until I was too drunk, and then wake up after a few hours all jittery.

RaNkeri Nov 30th, 2008 05:23 PM

Rum and coke is good. Salmiakki flavored vodka is also awesome.

Haven't tasted any Jack, yet

Guitar Woman Nov 30th, 2008 05:35 PM

Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum, any kind of red wine because I am a SLUT, Curacao Martinis.

Kitsa Nov 30th, 2008 05:35 PM

I like Maker's Mark. It's good with Buttershots.

RaNkeri Nov 30th, 2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 598579)
any kind of red wine

Red wine is great especially with cheese and/or crackers. I only drink it when I'm visiting my folks though :/

Kitsa Nov 30th, 2008 06:00 PM

every time I hear about red wine I think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ORyzAhXzlQ

Tadao Nov 30th, 2008 06:53 PM

I like Skyy vodka with just a little ice. I don't keep my vodka in the freezer, there is never any room.

executioneer Nov 30th, 2008 07:07 PM

bushmills black bush, bushmills regular, ketel one (DAMN IT ACHEWOOD >:), jose cuervo

in that order

Aaarg Nov 30th, 2008 07:20 PM

I like Jack (sometimes mixed with Coke, depending on my mood), straight Tanqueray, Capt Morgan (and Dr. Pepper).

As far as vodka is concerned, I don't really know too many brands. I know I like Smirnoff and hate Absolut.

Guitar Woman Nov 30th, 2008 07:30 PM

Speaking of vodka, I'm also partial to white and black russians!

Colonel Flagg Nov 30th, 2008 07:40 PM

Bourbon (Maker's Mark, Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve, Bulleit)
Irish (Bushmills, Jameson's, Tullamore Dew)
Rye (Sazerac)
Scotch (Laphroaig, Craggenmore, Bowmore, Glenlivet)

There are a few more, but this about covers it. ;)

glowbelly Nov 30th, 2008 08:05 PM

flagg, is the laphroaig the real peaty stuff? a gal pal of mine came over for a visit from scotland and brought some of the finest scotch i've ever tasted. i think that was the one.

i also love the maker's mark. had a nice sip on one last night. as far as beer goes, i'm a bass ale gal. i also love guinness.

Tadao Nov 30th, 2008 08:07 PM

guinness is tits

Asila Nov 30th, 2008 08:15 PM

Hoegaarden for beer, I dunno why. I cultivated a taste for it after speeding through a 6 pack once.

Zomboid Nov 30th, 2008 08:44 PM

I drank everything last night. I started with a rye and coke, then I had a paralyzer, then I had a rum and coke, then I had a gladiator, then I had a beer, then I had more rye and coke, and that was all in the span of like an hour and I don't remember much after that.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 30th, 2008 08:46 PM

I'm drinking some Murphys pub stout right now and my nipples are hard because of it.

I mostly drink different kinds of beer. A black/ tan is high on my list. Imperial IPA is fucking fantastic.

If I drink mixed drinks it's either Jamison with coke. Admiral Nielson is awesome and cheap.

Take a lick of salt, shot of tequila and then eat two sour patch kids.

Coconut Rum and Root Beer is the hotness.

pac-man Nov 30th, 2008 09:18 PM

Currently enjoying some egg nog with a bit of Ronrico Rum.

I realize, though, that I don't really have a favorite booze. I like different kinds for different reasons and occasions. As for beer, it's a tie between Shiner Bock and Sam Adams Boston Lager.

Asila Nov 30th, 2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 598622)
Coconut Rum and Root Beer is the hotness.

Part of me wants to try that now

TheBigMan045 Nov 30th, 2008 09:55 PM

I do like a Monteiths Radler Lager (sounds girly cause its got a citrus kick) but when im really getting into it Jim Beam and coke, Woodstock Bourbon and Cola and Mount Gay on the rocks (best rum there is down under)

Kitsa Nov 30th, 2008 10:08 PM

rum makes me physically ill. I can't deal with the scent of spiced or coconut rum. Blaaarrrggghh.

As far as beer, Guinness. And Sam Adams Light, then Budweiser Select.

Evil Robot Nov 30th, 2008 10:17 PM

Two words, Absinthe.

Colonel Flagg Nov 30th, 2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glowbelly (Post 598611)
flagg, is the laphroaig the real peaty stuff? a gal pal of mine came over for a visit from scotland and brought some of the finest scotch i've ever tasted. i think that was the one.

Yes, it's peaty. However, your galpal may have brought another Islay malt we can't get in the states. There's one from the Isle of Skye that's been featured at the booze store - but I can't get beyond the price just yet. :(

Laphroaig is meant to be drunk with a splash of water, which releases the aroma of the peat fire. It's my ABSOLUTE favorite scotch. :love

darkvare Nov 30th, 2008 10:20 PM

beer and tequila with grapefruit soda but i also love whisky good good whisky

awesome bill Dec 1st, 2008 02:30 AM

Jim Beam Black for something hard but usually just beer. For darker beers I go with Guinness or Obsidian Stout(Deschutes Brewery). I'm not too picky about lighter beers, if I had to choose one I'd go with Red Hook IPA.