I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Family Guy Appreciation Thread (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4738)

Big Papa Goat Jul 21st, 2003 12:13 AM

Family Guy Appreciation Thread

Esuohlims Seinfeild appreciation thread was so nice I thought I'd start my own. Family Guy is the second funniest show ever, next to Seinfeild, disagree with me if you will, its only one goats opinion.

Zbu Manowar Jul 21st, 2003 02:31 PM

It rocks, that's for sure.

The Retro Kat Jul 22nd, 2003 05:33 PM

Family Guy beats the shit out of Seinfeld.

ScruU2wice Jul 22nd, 2003 06:04 PM

the best one is where louis learns karate and at the end there a huge brawl. classic goodness... :rock

Rillzen Jul 22nd, 2003 06:07 PM

I ordered the first season and watched it, it was hillarious. I got the other 2 or 3 coming. Id say thats the best show on television. I liked the christmas episode, it even had a message for christians to lighten up. Family guy is great for its unpredictable and original humor.

Esuohlim Jul 22nd, 2003 06:37 PM

The second season is with the first season in the DVD set. NUURRRR >:

Rillzen Jul 22nd, 2003 06:38 PM

I get one cd at a time through netflix. dont be an ass

The_voice_of_reason Jul 22nd, 2003 06:48 PM

They come on CDs :eek

:dumbass

Rillzen Jul 22nd, 2003 06:50 PM

sorry. i see round things i think of cds. dvds i mean :/

Esuohlim Jul 22nd, 2003 06:51 PM

When you see pancakes you think of CDs? :eek

Rillzen Jul 22nd, 2003 06:53 PM

Only when sleepy. And before you ask yeah i have bitten into a cd before.

whoreable Jul 22nd, 2003 07:18 PM

everyone rants and raves about family guy. I find it pretty funny, but way overrated. frankly i think i enjoy watchin futurama alot more now.

The Retro Kat Jul 22nd, 2003 07:30 PM

I like Family Guy because of the farfetchedness. It's funny cause its so damn imaginative. But Futurama is just damn funny. Hmm...choices to choose. Family Guy.

Esuohlim Jul 22nd, 2003 07:51 PM

I like Family Guy for the farfetchedness too, and I hate the Simpsons because of farfetchedness. The only difference is that Family Guy has been doing it since episode one, and the Simpsons has been doing it since episode 200 or so.

I don't know know why I mentioned Simpsons... :(

Les Waste Jul 22nd, 2003 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
the best one is where louis learns karate and at the end there a huge brawl. classic goodness... :rock

OMG that's one of my favorite scenes every in television history. No matter how many times I see it, it still makes me LOL when Stewie rounds the corner and Brian slams the glass cabinet door in his face ROFL >_<

Today I watched it on TBS and it was the episode where Peter accidentally puts a mob hit on Lois. Peter tells Fat Paulie that they can't be friends because Lois is afraid he'll fall in with a bad crowd again, and it cuts to five kids with giant toothbrushes and the word "CREST" spelled out on their shirts, and they're standing on a giant tooth, and one of them says "It's the Cavity Creeps!" and a bunch of black monsters march towards them chanting "we make holes in teeth! We make holes in teeth!" and the last one in the line was Peter dressed up as a Cavity Creep LMAO ^_~

Family Guy is hilarious because of the random, often obscure pop culture references. It's one thing to make a joke about something that's popular now and now on the TV all the time; it's totally different to make a joke about something nobody has even mentioned in fifteen years.

I think that's what Milhouse backwards means about the Simpsons being completely random and not being nearly as funny as Family Guy, which is also completely random. I think.

:(

Jixby Phillips Jul 22nd, 2003 09:47 PM

I really like Family Guy, but most of it's fans are fucking idiots.

Check this thread out, dude!!!!

NIGhtMAre Jul 22nd, 2003 09:52 PM

Family guy is the best. :) better then simpsons >:

Jixby Phillips Jul 22nd, 2003 09:55 PM

See!

whoreable Jul 22nd, 2003 09:58 PM

hence overrated.

Perndog Jul 22nd, 2003 10:47 PM

I agree fully with whoreable. It's okay, but nothing about Family Guy makes it better than dozens of other cartoons.

Esuohlim Jul 22nd, 2003 11:00 PM

The baby and dog both talk and they're smart. Duh. :rolleyes

CastroMotorOil Jul 23rd, 2003 12:21 AM

"OH NO" "OH NO" "OH NO" 'OHHH YEAAHHHHHHHH"

Best moment ever

Cap'n Crunch Jul 23rd, 2003 12:40 AM

Family Guy is pretty funny. It's one of the best cartoons, but it doesn't beat Rocko.

crash0814 Jul 24th, 2003 04:54 PM

Family Guy beats the hell out of Rocko.

The Retro Kat Jul 24th, 2003 10:12 PM

Perndog, for every time you post on these boards, Ill kill you.