I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Live action Anime is coming (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699677)

Tadao May 3rd, 2008 05:02 PM

Live action Anime is coming

Read this the other day in the paper at a hotel.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...ed-racer_N.htm

•Leonardo DiCaprio will produce two films based on the popular anime story Akira, set in a rebuilt Tokyo after a mysterious explosion decimated the city. The first of the Warner Bros. films, to be set in "New Manhattan," is scheduled for summer 2009.

•Director M. Night Shyamalan will direct The Last Airbender, an adaptation of the popular Asian-influenced Nickelodeon series about a young hero with the power to manipulate the elements. It's due July 2, 2010.

•Steven Spielberg will adapt Ghost in the Shell, a futuristic crime thriller based on the 1989 Japanese comic, or manga, that spawned a half-dozen films and video games. No release date has been set.

Kybo Ren May 3rd, 2008 05:06 PM

AAARGH!!!
URGE TO KILL RISING!!!!!!!!

Fathom Zero May 3rd, 2008 07:21 PM

Hahaha, I want to see Spielberg's Ghost in the Shell.

darkvare May 3rd, 2008 08:51 PM

di caprio likes akira? ain't he like a care bear person
i do want to see spilbergs ghost in the shell anyway

LordSappington May 4th, 2008 12:02 AM

Fuck.

Dr. V May 4th, 2008 01:53 AM

Don't forget Death Note

Shrubfest May 4th, 2008 06:38 AM

Death note is already here...I've seen the first two already.

executioneer May 4th, 2008 07:11 AM

dont forget speed racer

Emu May 4th, 2008 04:28 PM

where the fuck is my fruits basket live action

executioneer May 4th, 2008 05:46 PM

this whole message board is a fruits basket

Phoenix Gamma May 4th, 2008 05:57 PM

Ugh. I think I'd rather CG anime movies like Appleseed Ex Machina. Some characters are just too...otherworldly to be portrayed by actual people.

Some hairstyles are too out-there as well. Lawl Goku.

Besides, they're just going to use CG for all of the effects anyways.

Ghost in Shell might be cool. Avatar is fucking stupid, though. I don't know which I hate more: Avatar or Teen Titans.

Guitar Woman May 5th, 2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

•Director M. Night Shyamalan will direct The Last Airbender, an adaptation of the popular Asian-influenced Nickelodeon series about a young hero with the power to manipulate the elements. It's due July 2, 2010.
lol :<

executioneer May 5th, 2008 06:57 PM

i wonder what the twist will end up being :(

Grislygus May 6th, 2008 01:05 PM

the twist is that the kid's white :x

just like the last samurai

liquidstatik May 8th, 2008 03:16 AM

all these movies are gonna suck so hard :x

Madface May 9th, 2008 04:38 PM

This is so fucked I can't even stand it. It's one thing to see Avatar be ass raped but Akira is damn good and would be done backwards if Americanized. And Ghost in the shell might turn out bearible but I seriously doubt it.

Tadao May 9th, 2008 05:01 PM

Don't forget that the creators must have given Spielberg and DiCaprio the green light.

Guitar Woman May 9th, 2008 06:57 PM

As long as they don't change the soundtrack, I'm cool with a live action Ghost in the Shell.

Although I don't see what's wrong with the original. :(

Tadao May 9th, 2008 07:46 PM

Nothings wrong with the original other than it's not it's not making any large amounts of money right now.

King Hadas May 11th, 2008 07:52 AM

I understand James Cameron (the dude responsible for the The Terminator) is planning to do a live-action Battle Angel Alita.

liquidstatik May 11th, 2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 555005)
Although I don't see what's wrong with the original. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by INTERNET
Ghost in the Shell (攻殻機動隊, Kōkaku Kidōtai?, translated as "Mobile Armored Riot Police") is a Japanese cyberpunk manga

:x

Angryhydralisk May 12th, 2008 01:24 PM

There was also that live-action DBZ movie that was announced....and cancelled...and announced....and no doubt cancelled again.

Still, I'd watch these because something bizarre's telling me these might be somehow watchable.

Kitsa May 12th, 2008 01:58 PM

I'd see Ghost in the Shell but this incarnation of Speed Racer doesn't appeal to me at all.

Tadao May 12th, 2008 03:09 PM

I never like the Speed Racer cartoon when I was a kid anyways. I was too busy playing with my Shogun Warrior to care.

executioneer May 12th, 2008 04:08 PM

i saw the speed racer movie, and i liked it about four times as much as i liked the original. (THIS IS SOMETHING I LIKE TO CALL DAMNING WITH FAINT PRAISE ;) ;) ;) ;))

second worst movie the wachowskis ever directed