I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Photos From The March 2011 Southern California Classic Collectors Arcade Party! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69706290)

MockBot Mar 22nd, 2011 03:52 AM

Photos From The March 2011 Southern California Classic Collectors Arcade Party!

Automatically generated comment thread for Photos From The March 2011 Southern California Classic Collectors Arcade Party!.

MarioRPG Mar 22nd, 2011 09:07 PM

What a shame that you weren't able to hear Sinistar. Still looks like an awesome time. There's a ton of games there I didn't know about, like Journey. Wish we had something like this, hell, I wish we had an arcade in my town :/

HowardC Mar 23rd, 2011 04:05 AM

Never a fan of Mario Kart 64?????

That's like saying you were never a fan of books, or tv, or video games, or pretty girls!!

That game along with golden eye is pure crack... makes WOW look non-addictive. Of course only with multi-player.

executioneer Mar 23rd, 2011 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowardC (Post 716027)
Never a fan of Mario Kart 64?????

That's like saying you were never a fan of books, or tv, or video games, or pretty girls!!

That game along with golden eye is pure crack... makes WOW look non-addictive. Of course only with multi-player.

the problem with mario kart 64 is that it was on the nintendo 64, which was kind of an awful system

Mockery Mar 23rd, 2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 716033)
the problem with mario kart 64 is that it was on the nintendo 64, which was kind of an awful system

Exactly. I never liked the N64... it never clicked with me and the original Playstation felt sooo much better. As far as Mario Kart games go, I'm not sure which is my favorite, possibly Mario Kart DS. Would love to see that one ported to a console cuz it was loads of fun. Can't go wrong with the original SNES version either.

Captain Seamus Mar 26th, 2011 02:35 AM

This is the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to the N64 as bad. I...don't know how to feel.

Diggin' the classic arcade cabinet art, as always. Especially like the fact that if I wasn't aware of Abobo's Big Adventure, it wouldn't look out of place alongside the rest of the games.

Nick Mar 27th, 2011 04:43 AM

I sure hope all the ABA beta tester's hard work helped Abobo kick those SC3 player's asses. :D

pezjohnson Mar 29th, 2011 09:17 AM

I didn't see if the Journey game had a working tape loop during the concert stage. Look it up kids.

Mockery Mar 29th, 2011 03:05 PM

Yep, it actually worked. Here's a video of what the Journey game is like for those of you who've never played it:

misfit666 Apr 18th, 2011 10:07 AM

man,.........i miss those old coin-op arcades (the good 'ol days) MAME just don't cut it for me