I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New direction for Superman. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700406)

pac-man Aug 25th, 2008 05:48 AM

New direction for Superman.

Looks like the runaway success of The Dark Knight has made the folks at WB second guess the direction their Superman franchise was headed. I can't wait to see how it turns out. It could be spectacularly shitty.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/su...ws.php?id=7609

Rez Aug 25th, 2008 06:04 AM

sheesus 'returns' wasnt bad at all just make a better sequel goddamn

HickMan Aug 25th, 2008 11:21 AM

I really enjoyed Superman Returns. These guys ARE MORONS

Krythor Aug 25th, 2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Movies featuring Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman are all in active development.
And all of them will be awful.

I didn't like Superman Returns. In addition to being boring, Superman didn't so much save the day as NOT DIE. Just about the only action we saw between him and the bad guys was him being beat up. Having said that, a "brooding" Superman sounds even worse.

AChimp Aug 25th, 2008 07:17 PM

Superman Returns was one of the worst superhero movies ever. I thought that it was going to be pretty awesome at the start when he stops the airplane from crashing into the stadium, but after that he goes all emo.

Plus his kid is a wimp.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 25th, 2008 07:23 PM

Im read that they wanted to make all the new movies darker in tone because dark knight did so well. I don't think you can make a ''dark'' superman movie.

I thought they cancelled the green lantern movie because the creator found out they had Jack Black playing GL, and were going to make it akin to the Mask movie.

darkvare Aug 25th, 2008 09:33 PM

i think superman only needs a bad guy who can fight him i really hate the strongest hero fighting against a man who sits on a desk

Neen Aug 25th, 2008 09:35 PM

They make a Superman movie with Darkseid yet?

Zomboid Aug 25th, 2008 10:32 PM

What these retards don't get is that the dark tone is something that very much suits Batman and always has. Trying to make Superman and the others the same way is just stupid. Jack Black as GL is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard though.

Ant10708 Aug 28th, 2008 11:23 AM

This doesn't sound very good but Superman Returns was fucking terrible. Superman is standing on a planet size piece of kyrponite and still has his powers:confused:

so bad. Besides the incredible shit that was Miami Vice, SR is one of the worst movies ive seen in theaters in awhile.

Zomboid Aug 28th, 2008 04:39 PM

Um, he didn't have his powers at that point. That's kind of how Luthor was able to casually walk up and stab him.

Krythor Aug 28th, 2008 05:20 PM

Yeah really. I would be okay with him keeping his powers if it meant he got to actually do something.

Ant10708 Aug 29th, 2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 576332)
Um, he didn't have his powers at that point. That's kind of how Luthor was able to casually walk up and stab him.

Um,
well i thought since kyrponite is his only weakness that he be alot more harmed then how he was. but then again i vaguely remember that shit movie and i never really gave a damn about superman anyways so Um,

Ant10708 Aug 29th, 2008 03:48 PM

Um, I think this si what I meant " Superman, after regaining his strength from the sun, lifts the landmass by putting layers of earth between him and the Kryptonite." I guess I didn't realize he put layers of earth between him and the huge piece of his only weakness that somehwow doesn't even harm him very much if he is stabbed with a piece in the back. Um, so still gay.

Zomboid Aug 29th, 2008 03:53 PM

Maybe you're just an idiot.

Ant10708 Aug 29th, 2008 07:24 PM

Um, maybe.

HickMan Sep 1st, 2008 04:10 PM

RIP DIMEBAG, RIP.

Angryhydralisk Sep 4th, 2008 11:51 AM

I remember hearing some bizarre rumor about the Wonder Woman movie. And who to put on the wonderbra? CHLOE SEVIGNY.

So what, will she put the lasso of truth to a crook and ask them if they really, REALLY need a blowjob?

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 6th, 2008 12:49 PM

I'm sick of reboot ideas of movies that only came out a few years ago. These studios are pushing for too many mulligans.

the Platinum Poppy Sep 10th, 2008 02:50 PM

I liked Superman Returns. I think it makes sense to make him into a kind of Jesus figure (although Singer pressed that point unnecessarily hard into our faces), since he's always been the archetype of a good guy. The darkest thing about him is that he doesn't save so many people. He hears people all over the world praying for rescue all the time, and yet he spends time doing mundane people things like having an ordinary job and flirting with Lois Lane while people are dying around him (well, even the other side of the Earth would count as "around him" with the powers he has). But that's also sort of a God-like problem, that you don't save everyone in the world. (Although it's a little analogous to how we all use money to buy mundane things, when we presumably could save lives if we gave everything we now spend on unnecessary stuff to medicin sans frontiers or something like that instead.)
Obviously everyone doesn't like Superman. Perhaps too few people like him to make Superman movies really profitable. Well, in that case, don't make more Superman movies then... Trying to remake him into some kind of flying Dark Knight would just be ridiculous.

Jeff The Ninja Sep 20th, 2008 08:38 PM

Same here on the Liking Superman returns boat. It was a pretty good movie, and what i expected from a superman movie. They dont need to Reboot superman, just put him up against a real villian this time, maybe Brainiac 13 or Darksied (or Doomsday if they want to do that lame story).

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 20th, 2008 08:59 PM

I think a Superman movie with Brainiac would be good.

the Platinum Poppy Sep 22nd, 2008 02:10 PM

Singer originally said in interviews that he'd make a second Superman movie with more action... nothing wrong with that idea as far as I can tell.

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 23rd, 2008 12:34 AM

Maybe he should just stick to X-Men.

Zomboid Sep 23rd, 2008 12:40 AM

Superman Returns was fine. Fuck, people. You'd think you'd be a little more appreciative of superhero movies that don't completely suck after daredevil, elektra, spider-man 3, x-men 3, and the fantastic four movies. It was lacking in action but it wasn't BAD.