I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Starcraft II (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704903)

MattJack Jul 27th, 2010 08:46 PM

Starcraft II

On the fence about whether to buy this one or not. I liked the first one a lot, but it doesn't really hold up to current RTS titles. I'm afraid that SCII will just be more of the same but with prettier visuals. This is just me speculating though because I have absolutely ZERO knoweldge on SCII. Haven't read anything, and I've only seen a few little videos here and there.

Anyone buy this yet? Play it?

Give it to me straight. dnt fancy it up grlz

executioneer Jul 27th, 2010 11:00 PM

it sucks

darkvare Jul 27th, 2010 11:04 PM

that's as straight as it gets i only want the protoss campaing so i'll wait for the third release wich will probably get more stuff than the other 2

MarioRPG Jul 28th, 2010 10:24 AM

Why did the have to splice it up? :( Also, I'm not sure my computer can even run it.

Dimnos Jul 28th, 2010 10:51 AM

Because they are run by Activision now and are some greedy fucks?

DougClayton4231 Jul 28th, 2010 11:58 AM

Don't buy it, just play SC1. It's virtually identical, only with battle.net being shoved down your throat for literally everything except for the campaign. The new units are not worth all the added frustration.

darkvare Jul 28th, 2010 01:09 PM

i also dislike greatly the lack of lan support

AChimp Jul 29th, 2010 12:46 PM

LAN support is so 1999 :rolleyes

darkvare Jul 29th, 2010 01:37 PM

i was wondering do heroes level up like in warcraft 3?

MattJack Jul 29th, 2010 07:56 PM

thnx yall

figured as much :\

executioneer Jul 29th, 2010 08:24 PM

ps i havent played it lol

Fathom Zero Jul 29th, 2010 08:26 PM

To celebrate the release of Starcraft 2, I went and bought Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3. Been playing that for a while. :)

Dimnos Jul 30th, 2010 04:12 PM

So whats the real word on this? Or is this going to just stay a big pity party that they didnt improve on perfection aside from better graphics?

Fathom Zero Jul 30th, 2010 04:16 PM

I've always hated Starcraft. But I'm told that it's more better than 1.

darkvare Jul 30th, 2010 05:02 PM

so do heroes level up?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 31st, 2010 10:25 AM

My roommate likes it and he still plays warcraft III like its his job.

Zhukov Jul 31st, 2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 693727)
To celebrate the release of Starcraft 2, I went and bought Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3. Been playing that for a while. :)

Good.

Dimnos Jul 31st, 2010 01:08 PM

So a friend of mine picked this up and I had a chance to play the first few levels. I think it's great. If you liked the first one you will more than likely enjoy this. When your playing a mission it is a lot like the old one. Between missions you can go to your armory and buy upgrades for your units and structures. There is also a lab and some other features I have yet to unlock. These all add to the feel that you are running the show and the leader of this army. All in all I think it's a great game so far. The only thing I'm kind of miffed about is that it's only the humans in the single player and that the other two races campaigns are expansions to be released later. However if the human campaign is as long as all three from SC1 then your still getting a full game and have nothing to cry about.

AChimp Aug 2nd, 2010 09:16 PM

It's better than the first one, and I played SC1 a shit tonne.

The single-player campaign has a lot of unique missions, too, in addition to the upgrades you can buy to suit your particular play style. If you like tanks, upgrade your tanks. If you prefer infantry, buff those instead.

Also, there are some later missions where you get to play as one of the other races for story purposes. :O

mew barios Aug 2nd, 2010 10:55 PM

i couldn't help but buy it, everywhere i went it was all staring me in the face like you know you wanna purchase this. i have other things to work on before i can get around to playing it but my initial impression is deep disappointment with the manual. it's like a 10page black and white recap of the story of starcraft and that's it. i want a giant full color manual with intricate and unneccessary descriptions of every unit >: you don't miss nothin by just buying a download of it. except a legal pad with a wanted poster of jim raynor onnit.

Zhukov Aug 3rd, 2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mew barios (Post 694095)
i couldn't help but buy it, everywhere i went it was all staring me in the face like you know you wanna purchase this. i have other things to work on before i can get around to playing it but my initial impression is deep disappointment with the manual. it's like a 10page black and white recap of the story of starcraft and that's it. i want a giant full color manual with intricate and unneccessary descriptions of every unit >: you don't miss nothin by just buying a download of it. except a legal pad with a wanted poster of jim raynor onnit.

Yeah, I just bought it and I feel/felt the same. I had to buy it because I was such a fan of the first, even though I promised myself I wouldn't.

I've only played the first mission so far because it took about 3 billion hours to install and update. I seems like it's a lot like the first one, but with better visuals.

Zhukov Aug 3rd, 2010 06:32 AM

My name is Zhukov and my character code is 938 if anyone wants to add me as a friend.

Dimnos Aug 3rd, 2010 10:11 AM

I hear they dont allow cross continental play. :\

Zhukov Aug 3rd, 2010 01:10 PM

WHAT.

Zhukov Aug 3rd, 2010 01:12 PM

Are you fucking kidding me? No LAN and now THISSSSS???

I cna only play people in Australasia?!