I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Show Your Colors (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699281)

Geggy Mar 19th, 2008 06:35 AM

Right now is a great time to be a boston sports fan ;)

Pentegarn Mar 19th, 2008 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElPila666 (Post 540419)
When doctor Hunter S.Thompson commited suicide he left a note saying: "The football season is over now", is that a common expression there in USA? or maybe a secret message he left?

Not sure. When did he commit suicide? Maybe a team he loved lost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geggy (Post 540421)
Right now is a great time to be a boston sports fan ;)

Tell that to Eli Manning :lol

GADZOOKS Mar 19th, 2008 07:50 AM

Oh Geggy, your have three sports teams that almost, can, and did win a national championship. Would you rather go back to when all your teams sucked in the 90's?

WhiteRat Mar 19th, 2008 04:52 PM

His teams also prominently feature three Minnesota cast-offs:

Ortiz, Moss, and Garnett.

You're welcome!

Colonel Flagg Mar 21st, 2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 540140)
As a bonus, I have included pictures of the two greatest NFL head coaches of all time, Rich Kotite and Denny "The Sheriff" Green

:lol

Based on the content so far, I think I'm the only Philadephia sports fan posting in this forum.

Football, Basketball, Baseball and Hockey in that order.

Geggy Mar 24th, 2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS (Post 540429)
Oh Geggy, your have three sports teams that almost, can, and did win a national championship. Would you rather go back to when all your teams sucked in the 90's?

the 90's was an era not worth remembering, except for the time when nomar garciaparra hit 2 grand slams in a single game and i dont even like him.

boston sport teams have this cycle of sucking every other decade.

Geggy Mar 24th, 2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 540558)
His teams also prominently feature three Minnesota cast-offs:

Ortiz, Moss, and Garnett.

You're welcome!

what can i say, we're bunch of thieves and minnesota wasnt looking.

Roggs Apr 1st, 2008 11:15 AM

My teams:

Chicago Bears, Minnesota Twins
(And though I don't really care much about basketball and hockey, I root for the T-Wolves and Wild when I see them.)

I forgot about Dimitrious Underwood, what a fucking nutcase. And Dennis Green is the biggest joke of a coach ever; I'm glad it was my team that basically ruined his career in the end. Best. Game. Ever.

Seriously, I'm glad my hereditary Bears genes kicked in five years ago, or I probably would have ended up a fan of the NFL's Sad Sack team. On a scale of 1-10 Shakespearean tragic comedies, I give the Vikings a 9.

layla17 Apr 2nd, 2008 02:39 PM

My teams the Pittsburgh Pirates and Miami Dolphins. Yes, it's been a tough couple of years for both teams, but I'm not a fairweather fan.

Pentegarn Apr 3rd, 2008 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by layla17 (Post 544246)
My teams the Pittsburgh Pirates and Miami Dolphins. Yes, it's been a tough couple of years for both teams, but I'm not a fairweather fan.

Yeah that is pretty rough. Being a Browns fan lately (before last year anyway) and a Tigers fan (especially throughout the 90s) I feel you

MattJack Apr 3rd, 2008 10:00 AM

Yall alreadddyyy knowww

WhiteRat Apr 19th, 2008 08:45 AM

I raise you this:

Zombinatrix Apr 26th, 2008 12:35 AM

Mets, Giants and Rangers for me. Before the Giants Super Bowl win this year, every preceding year was a disappointment.

Kitsa May 2nd, 2008 04:01 PM

I'm a hardcore Columbus Blue Jackets fan. I love hockey, although I can't stand the Red Wings and loathe Chris Chelios in particular. He's just such an ass.

I have been to a Dayton Bombers game and found it satisfactory.

As far as baseball, the Dayton Dragons are entertaining, and during the season I watch Brewers games with my boyfriend.

I'm not too keen on the NFL. I'll watch college football, though.

Basketball completely loses me.

Evil Robot II Feb 28th, 2012 10:47 PM

This thread is being viewed by a spambot RIGHT NOW.

All Hail Duke Feb 29th, 2012 04:07 AM

*sigh* they'll be good again someday :\