I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Show Your Colors (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699281)

WhiteRat Mar 18th, 2008 10:34 PM

Show Your Colors

To better familiarize ourselves with our new sports brethren, I feel we can use this thread to post our favorite teams and sports. For myself, I'm a huge football fan. I follow the NFL pretty closely but over the past few years i've found myself to become a bigger college fan. I follow the NFL Draft and College Recruiting world very closely, some might even say obsessively, but I enjoy pretty much all sports (especially pickle ball)

Favorite Pro Teams: Minnesota Vikings, Minnesota Twins, Minnesota Wild, Minnesota Timberwolves (shudder), and the New York Jets (don't know why but i've always rooted for them).

Favorite College Teams: Minnesota Golden Gophers (all sports), FSU Seminoles, Arizona State Sun Devils

As a bonus, I have included pictures of the two greatest NFL head coaches of all time, Rich Kotite and Denny "The Sheriff" Green:

sspadowsky Mar 18th, 2008 10:37 PM

This is really the only sports interest of mine. We haven't had much else to root for the last several years.

Fathom Zero Mar 18th, 2008 10:39 PM

I'll get ya a picture of me in my Steelers regalia.

Grislygus Mar 18th, 2008 10:47 PM

Hockey guy. :(

HickMan Mar 18th, 2008 10:48 PM

Pittsburgh Squealers?! How about your quarterback crashing his hog and afterwards saying he 'MIGHT' wear a helmet! What a bafoon!

My favorite NFL team's gotta be the Browns!

And my favorite college team is YSU because I go there!
go penguins!

WhiteRat Mar 18th, 2008 10:49 PM

I've said it before Hickman, but YSU has the best mascot in college football.

Pentegarn Mar 18th, 2008 10:50 PM

Can't bring up Dennis Green without mentioning this http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_N1OjGhIFc :P

My favorite teams

College sports: OSU (by the way, outside of this example, I will never say THE Ohio State University. it is silly, there aren't multiple Ohio State Universities to confuse, adding THE in front of it is just arrogant posturing and part of why the rest of the country hates us)

Pro Baseball: Detroit Tigers

Pro Basketball: No team, I like many individual players, Lebron James, Gilbert Arenas, Steve Nash, Shaq, Dikembe Mutumbo, Yao Ming, Maurice Cheeks (he doesn't play anymore, but I will never forget what he did for that girl singing the National Anthem http://www.nba.com/blazers/features/...-73713-41.html ) but I haven't had a favorite team in years.

Pro Football: Cleveland Browns

Pro Hockey: Columbus Blue Jackets

WhiteRat Mar 18th, 2008 10:54 PM

My "love" for Dennis Green extends long before his legendary MNF tirade. I admire him for threatening to sue the Vikings because they wouldn't let him buy the team, making racist remarks, sexually harassing women, and drafting one of the greatest busts in NFL History:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demetrius_Underwood

If you have never heard the Demetrius Underwood story I highly recommend you check out the link. Hilarious and sad all rolled into one.

EDIT: Not to mention him completely fucking tanking in the 1998 NFC Championship against the Falcons. 15-1 with the greatest offense in NFL history (at the time) and ol' Denny takes a fucking knee.

Esuohlim Mar 18th, 2008 10:57 PM

I'm not a huge sports fan so it helps that your immediate region has some pretty good teams to root for.

Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Pistons.

I don't like baseball one bit but I hear the Tigers haven't sucked in a few years! So add them too I suppose.

I will never like the Lions.

As for college I'm not a football fan at all but I still vaguely follow the Big 10 and I do hate it when MSU loses against Michigan for the umpteenth time (especially this past year when we were winning and then FUCKED IT UP with like a minute to go). MSU basketball is where it's at though. :picklehat

Fathom Zero Mar 18th, 2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HickMan (Post 540162)
Pittsburgh Squealers?! How about your quarterback crashing his hog and afterwards saying he 'MIGHT' wear a helmet! What a bafoon!

I'm a Charlie Batch man, myself. And fuck the Browns.

Just kidding.

No, I'm not.

Pentegarn Mar 18th, 2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 540174)
I'm a Charlie Batch man, myself. And fuck the Browns.

Just kidding.

No, I'm not.

Why not, you fuck us every year as it is. :lol We came so close last year though. I think we got your number this year provided we can keep up last years pace.

GADZOOKS Mar 18th, 2008 10:59 PM

My main team is the Chicago Bulls. It's easy to be a fan of them when you get to grow up with Michael Jordan and those 90's Bulls Teams. They were even a pretty good team when Jordan left to play baseball for a season and a half. The new team is making me sick though thanks to the intermin coach being a bigger retard than two Isiah Thomases combined. Since this season is gone, I am rooting in spirit for the Houston Rockets to continue their monster streak. Them or the Pheonix Suns, though the Shaquistion has made me wained on that.

I am a Cubs fan and I'm not going to regail you with the faggotry with the fanbase. Bad management and spotty players are the only reasons why that team has been loser for now 100 years. I was tempted to switch alligences to the Chicago Whitesox after the 2003 choking since every Cubs fan was pissing me off with the "Bartman Ball Curse". Yet, I decided not to because I'm not from the South Side and Hawk Harrelson is the stupidest annoucer in baseball. Good thing I didn't become one, or I would be a fan of a championship winning team :lol

FUN FACT: The White Sox almost moved to the town I grew up in but was voted out because my town was Cub fans. Imagine That!

I don't watch alot of NFL as I use to. I watched the Bears run to the Superbowl and it was exciting but this team can't get a halfway decent quarterback so it hasn't been worth watching. I never been a die-hard bears fan, My favorite Tecmo Bowl teams are the New York Giants and the Buffalo Bills though. :(

This year, a friend and myself adopted NHL teams because his city (Houston) doesn't have a team and I have the Chicago Blackhawks which is just like not having a team in your city. I took the the Vancouver Canucks and of the 2 games I watched I've been mildly impressed with them.

I went to a Media Arts College so I have no alumi teams to speak of. As far as College Basketball goes I am a big fan of UCONN and for football I tend to watch Wisconsin or Michigan. I use to have Oregon has my go-to college sports school (because of Donald Duck and Mr. Adventure) but their uniform decisions make them unbearable to watch.

Oh wow, I guess eshuolim is my sworn forum enemy. The Pistons make me Pisssst

Esuohlim Mar 18th, 2008 11:02 PM

Oh man maybe this sports forum was a bad idea I don't think I can take all these of new enemies :x

Pentegarn Mar 18th, 2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 540180)
Oh man maybe this sports forum was a bad idea I don't think I can take all these of new enemies :x

More enemies means more mocking though :)

Fathom Zero Mar 18th, 2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 540177)
Why not, you fuck us every year as it is. :lol We came so close last year though. I think we got your number this year provided we can keep up last years pace.

My grandfather, aunt, and uncle went to a Steelers @ Browns game and the Browns' fans started leaving the stadium. There's no bigger slap to the face to a team when you're at home and your fans start leaving. It's BS.

WhiteRat Mar 18th, 2008 11:12 PM

I don't think you'd enjoy going to any Minnesota sporting even then. Minny fans are notorious for trying to beat the traffic.

GADZOOKS Mar 18th, 2008 11:13 PM

So that's why that bridge collapsed :(

WhiteRat Mar 18th, 2008 11:18 PM

Actually the bridge collapsed as thousands of fans were heading to the Metrodome (Aka shittiest stadium in all of sports).

Pentegarn Mar 18th, 2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 540187)
My grandfather, aunt, and uncle went to a Steelers @ Browns game and the Browns' fans started leaving the stadium. There's no bigger slap to the face to a team when you're at home and your fans start leaving. It's BS.

Browns fans aren't what they used to be. I blame the death of that guy who wore the dog mask every game, I forget his name, but it seems the Browns fans have been on a decline since that day.

Fathom Zero Mar 18th, 2008 11:31 PM

Was he important? Important enough to remember?

Important enough to remember his name?

On a related note, the inventor of the Terrible Towel died recently, like in the past few weeks.

DeadKennedys Mar 18th, 2008 11:34 PM

Fuck all of you

WhiteRat Mar 18th, 2008 11:35 PM

What a stupid looking hat.

GADZOOKS Mar 18th, 2008 11:50 PM

Yeah I didn't know Oscar from the Odd Couple coached a football team :rolleyes

RaNkeri Mar 19th, 2008 03:16 AM

NHL: Pretty much all the teams that have finnish players on their rosters, but as a huge Teemu fan, Il'' have to say that I find Ducks to be no. 1.

SM-League: TPS

Football: On national level Italy and Germany, I sometimes follow Serie-A and championsleague, but I don't have a clear favorite.

ElPila666 Mar 19th, 2008 06:31 AM

When doctor Hunter S.Thompson commited suicide he left a note saying: "The football season is over now", is that a common expression there in USA? or maybe a secret message he left?

Geggy Mar 19th, 2008 06:35 AM

Right now is a great time to be a boston sports fan ;)

Pentegarn Mar 19th, 2008 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElPila666 (Post 540419)
When doctor Hunter S.Thompson commited suicide he left a note saying: "The football season is over now", is that a common expression there in USA? or maybe a secret message he left?

Not sure. When did he commit suicide? Maybe a team he loved lost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geggy (Post 540421)
Right now is a great time to be a boston sports fan ;)

Tell that to Eli Manning :lol

GADZOOKS Mar 19th, 2008 07:50 AM

Oh Geggy, your have three sports teams that almost, can, and did win a national championship. Would you rather go back to when all your teams sucked in the 90's?

WhiteRat Mar 19th, 2008 04:52 PM

His teams also prominently feature three Minnesota cast-offs:

Ortiz, Moss, and Garnett.

You're welcome!

Colonel Flagg Mar 21st, 2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 540140)
As a bonus, I have included pictures of the two greatest NFL head coaches of all time, Rich Kotite and Denny "The Sheriff" Green

:lol

Based on the content so far, I think I'm the only Philadephia sports fan posting in this forum.

Football, Basketball, Baseball and Hockey in that order.

Geggy Mar 24th, 2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS (Post 540429)
Oh Geggy, your have three sports teams that almost, can, and did win a national championship. Would you rather go back to when all your teams sucked in the 90's?

the 90's was an era not worth remembering, except for the time when nomar garciaparra hit 2 grand slams in a single game and i dont even like him.

boston sport teams have this cycle of sucking every other decade.

Geggy Mar 24th, 2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 540558)
His teams also prominently feature three Minnesota cast-offs:

Ortiz, Moss, and Garnett.

You're welcome!

what can i say, we're bunch of thieves and minnesota wasnt looking.

Roggs Apr 1st, 2008 11:15 AM

My teams:

Chicago Bears, Minnesota Twins
(And though I don't really care much about basketball and hockey, I root for the T-Wolves and Wild when I see them.)

I forgot about Dimitrious Underwood, what a fucking nutcase. And Dennis Green is the biggest joke of a coach ever; I'm glad it was my team that basically ruined his career in the end. Best. Game. Ever.

Seriously, I'm glad my hereditary Bears genes kicked in five years ago, or I probably would have ended up a fan of the NFL's Sad Sack team. On a scale of 1-10 Shakespearean tragic comedies, I give the Vikings a 9.

layla17 Apr 2nd, 2008 02:39 PM

My teams the Pittsburgh Pirates and Miami Dolphins. Yes, it's been a tough couple of years for both teams, but I'm not a fairweather fan.

Pentegarn Apr 3rd, 2008 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by layla17 (Post 544246)
My teams the Pittsburgh Pirates and Miami Dolphins. Yes, it's been a tough couple of years for both teams, but I'm not a fairweather fan.

Yeah that is pretty rough. Being a Browns fan lately (before last year anyway) and a Tigers fan (especially throughout the 90s) I feel you

MattJack Apr 3rd, 2008 10:00 AM

Yall alreadddyyy knowww

WhiteRat Apr 19th, 2008 08:45 AM

I raise you this:

Zombinatrix Apr 26th, 2008 12:35 AM

Mets, Giants and Rangers for me. Before the Giants Super Bowl win this year, every preceding year was a disappointment.

Kitsa May 2nd, 2008 04:01 PM

I'm a hardcore Columbus Blue Jackets fan. I love hockey, although I can't stand the Red Wings and loathe Chris Chelios in particular. He's just such an ass.

I have been to a Dayton Bombers game and found it satisfactory.

As far as baseball, the Dayton Dragons are entertaining, and during the season I watch Brewers games with my boyfriend.

I'm not too keen on the NFL. I'll watch college football, though.

Basketball completely loses me.

Evil Robot II Feb 28th, 2012 10:47 PM

This thread is being viewed by a spambot RIGHT NOW.

All Hail Duke Feb 29th, 2012 04:07 AM

*sigh* they'll be good again someday :\