I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Sethomas Apr 10th, 2008 01:08 AM

Talking about driving up a 90° angle is pretty hardcore, but if you absolutely have to undertake a totally badass act of genius where you drive 120 mph then do it in such a way that leads to mid-air rotation so you land upside-down in a convertible with the top down.

Or so I hear that such is pretty hardcore.

I think somebody mentioned that car/slope thing a long time ago, but only now did that spring to mind.

It reminded me that when I was at King's Island many years ago with MY BESTEST BUDDY DENISE we were in line for one of those rides that's just a guided/cushioned free fall when you sit in a round structure around a tower.

Anyways, there was a sign that indicated "100% SLOPE" as if it were one of those roadside signs you see in the mountains. I pointed out that a 100% slope by the convention they were using was actually only a 45° angle, not the 90° that they wished to imply. DENISE and I got into an argument over whether or not I was right (which I am), and I had to explain that the trigonometric procedures they use to come up with that number would be impossible to apply meaningfully to a free fall because you'd have to divide by zero pretty early in the game.

Looking back, I wondered, "huh, I guess they didn't have any engineers involved in the construction of this ride", and then I was horrified.

executioneer Apr 10th, 2008 01:11 AM

hnahahaha

Grislygus Apr 10th, 2008 01:11 AM

:lol

Sethomas Apr 10th, 2008 01:16 AM

Trying to get back in touch with a lass with whom I'd shared fairly positive exchanges, I found myself at her wikipedia page wondering how I should edit it in such a way as to provide contact info I couldn't otherwise bestow because her account was deleted (and no, I was not blocked and I HAVE WAYS OF KNOWING THIS while ironically not knowing any real better way of contacting her).

Then I just asked myself, "really, Seth? REALLY?" and I gave up on her in a very sad moment.

Sethomas Apr 10th, 2008 01:18 AM

I mention that episode because it seemed like a good idea in ages past when Pub outed himself about stealthy internet tactics.

Asila Apr 10th, 2008 01:20 AM

I know this doesn't follow the thread of the current conversation, but I've basically got the house for the rest of the weekend and wouldn't you know, an empty house is A FREAKING EMPTY HOUSE ARRRGH THE SILENCE.

Esuohlim Apr 10th, 2008 01:24 AM

You don't have to follow the current conversation the secret of this thread is changing the subject so that the focus is now on yourself :shhh

Esuohlim Apr 10th, 2008 01:25 AM

[/spoils]

Esuohlim Apr 10th, 2008 01:26 AM

Also to be a jerk and post constantly let's not forget our roots :(

Asila Apr 10th, 2008 01:33 AM

I can handle that but people aren't talking like they were last night and it's no fun drinking alone :(

Sethomas Apr 10th, 2008 01:34 AM

Hey asila I can help un-empty your house and maybe get rid of the silence too but that depends on how loud you are in the sack

Asila Apr 10th, 2008 01:34 AM

:( :( :(

Asila Apr 10th, 2008 01:35 AM

Quote:

Hey asila I can help un-empty your house and maybe get rid of the silence too but that depends on how loud you are in the sack
I scream when it's appropriate but I'm willing to test that out because I haven't used it in a while

Sethomas Apr 10th, 2008 01:37 AM

As much as I want a repeat of last night's wonders, I can't handle it right now because two hours of sleep last night wasn't enough to fuel my normal ebullience for Senior Citizen's Day at Goodwill.

And although I don't work the GW until 17:00, the geology department likes it when I come in during my available hours and I don't want to explain YET AGAIN that I had to sleep all day because there was a really great conversation going on online at 4:30 AM.

Sethomas Apr 10th, 2008 01:38 AM

i know a way you can test it out how about you test it out with MY DICK

Pub Lover Apr 10th, 2008 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethomas (Post 547578)
I mention that episode because it seemed like a good idea in ages past when Pub outed himself about stealthy internet tactics.

I find it is surprisingly difficult to forget other people's passwords, yet have a terrible time recalling my own.

Sethomas Apr 10th, 2008 01:39 AM

Speaking of pithy word smithing ending with "MY DICK", I really wonder what this thread would be like with Jixby.

Asila Apr 10th, 2008 01:42 AM

Waitwaitwait, you're in the geology department too? Because christ Seth, I was going to ask for your help in french as it was, and you're in geology too, and... I'm not very good at making my words make sense tonight.

Pub Lover Apr 10th, 2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethomas (Post 547578)

I find a simple combination of being attentive & having google already open much more useful than any supposed stealth tactics I may've ever claimed.

& by already open I mean 'Ctrl+C Ctrl+T G Ctrl+V' in Opera.

Asila Apr 10th, 2008 01:47 AM

Quote:

i know a way you can test it out how about you test it out with MY DICK
I'd agree but I kind of think you're just phoning it in tonight

Pub Lover Apr 10th, 2008 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethomas (Post 547591)
Speaking of pithy word smithing ending with "MY DICK", I really wonder what this thread would be like with Jixby.

More Gadzooks.

More 'Maybe Pub Could Shut UP'

More Pub saying :(

Pub Lover Apr 10th, 2008 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 547580)
You don't have to follow the current conversation the secret of this thread is changing the subject so that the focus is now on yourself :shhh

[PICTURE OF ME - THE CAPTION READS: SERIOUS HOMO PROBLEM S ...? :'(]

Pub Lover Apr 10th, 2008 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 547583)
Also to be a jerk and post constantly let's not forget our roots :(

Whenever I mention Seth I try & make it seem as if I'm being nice while saying something bad about him. Last night I noticed he does the same thing about me. >:

Not cool. :)

Pub Lover Apr 10th, 2008 01:59 AM

You're all too hung over from yesterday! >:

Asila Apr 10th, 2008 02:01 AM

I'm not hungover, I'm lonely.