I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   i've been watching some silly japanese movies lately. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702538)

Aaarg Jun 30th, 2009 12:05 AM

i've been watching some silly japanese movies lately.

the most recent being TOKYO ZOMBIE and before that, BATTLEFIELD BASEBALL.

both are very silly and stupid, but both are pretty hilarious.

BATTLEFIELD BASEBALL is about a high school baseball team that is killed by a rival high school baseball team (the rivals are a team of zombies or ghouls or something) and their only hope for revenge is the "cool kid" who had given up sports after he accidentally killed his father playing catch years earlier. it's got musical numbers.

TOKYO ZOMBIE is a zomedy (zombie-comedy) that changes direction pretty quickly. it starts as two dudes trying to get away from zombies and then it's one of the dudes fighting zombies to entertain the wealthy. it's very stupid, but has some hilarious running jokes, and one defining moment (SORT-OF SPOILER) in which a human bites a zombie and the zombie becomes human again.

Fathom Zero Jun 30th, 2009 12:12 AM

Oh my god, Tokyo Zombie sounds fantastic and I concur that Battlefield Baseball is hilarious. I'd also recommend Machine Girl to any fan of either of these movies.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 30th, 2009 12:47 AM

You need to watch Bio-Zombie. I got it a few years ago because it looked horribly hilarious but it ended up being badass. Two guys work at the EB of Japan and know how to kill Zombies because they played House of the Dead 2 for DREAMCAST. AWESOME!

Aaarg Jun 30th, 2009 08:46 AM

Haha, nice.

Yeah, Tokyo Zombie is hilarious. At first you're kind of like "is this a Japanese Shaun of the Dead?" but then it gets really bad/awesome.

It appears to be on Youtube in its entirety (10 parts)

This trailer seems to include the entire story so it's in no way a teaser
[IMG]LkztcNXYbus[/IMG]
(55 seconds is hilarious)

Kitsa Jun 30th, 2009 01:45 PM

You can't have a good Stupid Japanese Zombie Movie base without Stacy and Wild Zero.

ZeldaQueen Jun 30th, 2009 04:59 PM

Have you seen Executive Koala?

Aaarg Jun 30th, 2009 06:29 PM

No I have not. I've never been big into awesome-horrible movies myself (though I do own HOWLING III: THE MARSUPIALS), so this is a pretty social thing.

Oh but we rented TOKYO ZOMBIE and just happened to get lucky.

Sam Jun 30th, 2009 08:58 PM

TOKYO GORE POLICE

electric ninja Jun 30th, 2009 11:57 PM

I don't get Tokyo gore police police, but I'm still entertained by it.

Travis touchdown Jul 1st, 2009 03:29 AM

Detroit metal city is a realy good japanese comedy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen (Post 635968)
Have you seen Executive Koala?

no but now i want to.

Tadao Jul 1st, 2009 12:21 PM

Can someone adjust his gay ass sig please.

Travis touchdown Jul 1st, 2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 636069)
Can someone adjust his gay ass sig please.

sure but i don't see why you have to be such a dick about it....

Tadao Jul 1st, 2009 06:48 PM

I'm sure you don't.

Dommin Jul 4th, 2009 07:33 PM

Even though it's chinese, you should check out Bio Zombie. Chinese folk+Dawn Of The Dead+Mallrats.

lumpisan Jul 7th, 2009 12:15 AM

I have seen the reason the art of cinema was created

I first saw this while i was in the med sep unit in the navy, A gentleman who was being discharged for epilipsy found this in the V.A. gift shop. It was a movie called Tokyo Gore Police. Sweet jesus... has anyone else seen this? The basic plot is its a future where the tokyo police has been privateized and are currently fighting large numbers of these mutants (for lack of a better word) called engineers, who when injured transform body parts into deadly weapons. This is all the setup for the absolute goriest, bloodiest, and most ridiculous movie i have ever seen in my twenty years. Come for the man with a chainsaw arm, stay to watch a man shoot people with his screaming (litterally) 6 foot long penis, which by the way had to be the greatest moment of my life. -Rog-, fellow mockers, if you are reading this you absolutely have to see this movie.

executioneer Jul 7th, 2009 12:54 AM

MERGING THIS

Angryhydralisk Jul 8th, 2009 06:45 PM

I've been still meaning to see Ichi The Killer & the Battle Royale flicks...and Tokyo Gore Police.

Battle Field Baseball's a crock of shit, though. It just feeds the directors fetish of "bad-ass" holding a sword (Or a bat in this case) on his sholuder and facing away making little eye contact. Because that's the shit.

Sam Jul 8th, 2009 08:33 PM

Last night I watched Tokyo Gore Police for like the tenth time. :(

lumpisan Jul 9th, 2009 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angryhydralisk (Post 637055)
I've been still meaning to see Ichi The Killer & the Battle Royale flicks...and Tokyo Gore Police.

Battle Field Baseball's a crock of shit, though. It just feeds the directors fetish of "bad-ass" holding a sword (Or a bat in this case) on his sholuder and facing away making little eye contact. Because that's the shit.

ichi the killer does not dissapoint...and tokyo gore police is just....wow. as for battle royalke the manga is amazing and ive heard good things but have yet to see it

ZeldaQueen Jul 11th, 2009 08:03 PM

Audition

Dommin Jul 22nd, 2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 637065)
Last night I watched Tokyo Gore Police for like the tenth time. :(

The 2-foot nailgun penis.

That's all I need to say.

lumpisan Jul 23rd, 2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dommin (Post 638648)
The 2-foot nailgun penis.

That's all I need to say.

the entire reason the art of cinematography was invented

Fathom Zero Jul 23rd, 2009 05:56 AM

TETSUO: THE IRON MAN IS WHAT EVERY TRANSFORMERS MOVIE SHOULD HAVE BEEN

ALSO; THE STORY OF THE ORIGIN OF INDUSTRIAL MUSIC

Dommin Jul 23rd, 2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumpisan (Post 638700)
the entire reason the art of cinematography was invented

Between that and chairwoman, definitely.

Kitsa Jul 24th, 2009 08:42 PM

I was not frightened at all by Odishon, but maybe that's because I'm not a guy. If I was a womanizer, I'd be scared shitless.

And if you're gonna watch Battle Royale, I can't emphasize strongly enough....you want to watch the FIRST one, not the second. As a matter of fact, give the second a wide, wide berth. You'd be better off forgetting it even exists.

But the first was wonderful.

Also, in the spirit of manga-turned-great-movie, Uzumaki represent.