I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   THIS THREAD IS FOR POLITICAL PREDICTIONS (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4889)

mburbank Jul 28th, 2003 03:26 PM

THIS THREAD IS FOR POLITICAL PREDICTIONS

1.) Reagan will die three days before the RNC convention begins. Convention will be made over into one big Ronnie fest, complete with a speech by nancy and the implication that the Gipper would have supported W fully, had he ever known who he was.

2.) After suddenly cancelling a Vice Presidential debate due to a 'bad chest cold', speculation will mount the Dick Chenney has in fact died of a massive coronary. Siting security concerns and insisting that the VP is alive and well in an 'undisclosed location', the Dems will file suit demanding that the administration produce the VP or name another running mate. As election day nears, the trial goes before the Supreme court.

3.) As the general election approaches, Candidate Dean will acquire a ten point lead in the polls. Five days before the election the nation will go on it's first red alert, with speciffic mention of polling places being threatened. W. will first suspend elections as a 'safety measure' and when massive protests begin in the street, declare martial law.

4.) Matt Leblanc's spin off based on Joey from Friends will fail.

AChimp Jul 28th, 2003 03:37 PM

I predict that Strom Thurmond will die.

KevinTheOmnivore Jul 28th, 2003 03:50 PM

REVISING SOME MAX PREDICTIONS:

1.) If The Gipper isn't dead, count on them wheeling his ass onto the stage for a dramatic moment. Maybe he and the Terminator can stand together on stage with Bush/whoever t-shirts on.

2.) Expect George Pataki and Rudy Giuliani (if he decides not to run for governor or senate) to get sweet cabinet positions. Pataki would make a good EPA chief, and I think Giuliani would be golden political capital as a VP running mate.

mburbank Jul 28th, 2003 03:55 PM

Sure but what about Matt Leblanc? Can a guest spot by matthew Perry during sweeps week pull his blackened gonads off the griddle?

El Blanco Jul 28th, 2003 04:11 PM

Quote:

and I think Giuliani would be golden political capital as a VP running mate.
Guiliani wouldn't wanna be second banana. I see him as head of FEMA or Attorney General( he was DoJ's #1 dog in NYC). He wants his own department.

pjalne Jul 28th, 2003 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mburbank
Sure but what about Matt Leblanc? Can a guest spot by matthew Perry during sweeps week pull his blackened gonads off the griddle?

As far as I know, the only sit-com spin-off ever to survive for long is Frasier, and it did so without many guest appearances. This was mainly due to the strength of the Frasier character, and while Joey would IMO be the Friends character with the greatest chance of survival, I'd say he'll need a strong supporting cast to make it (another strength Frasier had).

sspadowsky Jul 28th, 2003 04:34 PM

I think this thread makes for a wonderful metaphor of the human attention span where politics is concerned. It only took three posts to get completely away from the dirty tricks that are likely to be played by the Bush crew.

And I give Joey's show six episodes, then it's axe-time.

mburbank Jul 28th, 2003 04:36 PM

Is that longer or shorter run than "AfterM*A*S*H"?

ItalianStereotype Jul 28th, 2003 04:44 PM

the Democrat and Republican parties will combine into the Ultra Super Megazord.

El Blanco Jul 28th, 2003 05:42 PM

Dude, The Jeffersons and Happy Days were both spinoffs

Abcdxxxx Jul 28th, 2003 09:05 PM

happy days gave birth to mork and mindy too.

mburbank Jul 29th, 2003 11:50 AM

Maude was a spin off. Happy Days was not. Happy days spun off the afore mentioned Mork and Mindy, Laverne and Shirley, and Joanie Loves Chachi.

Oh, and Poindexter will 'resign' from his Pentagon office but will really continue his data mining and terrorist futures sales from a basement office.

ranxer Jul 29th, 2003 05:22 PM

nice predictions :lol

has anyone heard about the bizaar bill NESERA?
http://nesara.org/main/

i'd love to see that come up for a vote.

Nesara is pushed by some lady called DOVE at:
http://www.fourwinds10.com/NESARA/index.html
!! wtf is that?!

very strange stuff around that group.. if i ran into it just on the net id say its bull, but i've run into a few seemingly level headed people on the street that actually brought it up when i was campaigning for votetoimpeach.org. its thier prediction that this thing is coming.. they've been telling me bush might be under house arrest pending nesaras enactment this very moment!...and i thought I was aiming at windmills ~whew.

sspadowsky Jul 30th, 2003 08:51 AM

I have one: If Bush does get re-elected, he will push to have the Presidential Term Limit repealed.

Before any of you chastise me for being overly pessimistic, consider that he's already nullified five Constitutional amendments and eliminated the Separation of Church and State, so this isn't really such a stretch.

crash0814 Jul 30th, 2003 09:01 AM

If Bush gets reelected, someone's gonna assassinate him.

mburbank Jul 30th, 2003 09:38 AM

Yeah, Chenney. That's my prediction, if W. gets another term, Chenney will kill him with a baseball bat like Capone in the untouchables.

Oh, here's another prediction. Poindexter will come up with and fund at least three more bogus, looney, effensive, dangerous, wateful schemes all of which will be shot down as soon as they come to light before being fired. At some point, W. will express his 'full confidence; in Poindexter's tax funded sci fi roll playing game.

The One and Only... Jul 30th, 2003 02:45 PM

Quote:

sci fi roll playing game.

I like how you spell roleplaying there.

mburbank Jul 30th, 2003 03:04 PM

Me too. I'm in a roll playing roleplaying game. My character is a snowflake roll.

The One and Only... Jul 30th, 2003 03:43 PM

Quote:

Me too. I'm in a roll playing roleplaying game. My character is a snowflake roll.

:lol

The_Rorschach Jul 31st, 2003 01:04 AM

I predict Fartin Mowler, Retro Kat and esouhlim will tie for last place in the upcoming Unofficial Mock War. They have as much of a chance of winning as they will shitting through their belly-buttons.

That is all.

El Blanco Jul 31st, 2003 01:52 AM

Happy Days was a spin off of Love, American Style. If you never seen it or heard of it, don't worry. Neither had I until I saw www.jumptheshark.com and someone mentioned it.

mburbank Jul 31st, 2003 09:42 AM

WOAH! I am out triviaed. If I were japanese, I would almost certainly commit suicide.

PREDICTION! As poll numbers tighten leading up to the genral election, W. will fall off the wagon. His inner cirlce will be forced to come up with an even goofier explanation than the 'pretzel' scenario they used last time. The Twins will blow his cover by publicly asking their Dad to join their court mandated 12 step rogram.

mburbank Aug 1st, 2003 09:55 AM

OW!! Prediction SHOT DOWN! Poindexter said to be resigning!

NEW POINDEXTER PREDICTION: We haven't heard the last of this spooky scumbag yet. While most resumes featuring a conviction for lying to congress and having to resign a sweet pentagon post for repeated acts of boneheadism would make job hunting hard, it's actually an incentive for a plumb spot at.... THE AMERICAN ENTERPRISE INSTITUE!

I say he joins that prestigous think tank within one month of cleaning out his Pentagon desk.

george Aug 5th, 2003 09:16 PM

sspad, bill clinton would have to be safely in his grave afore they repealed the term limits, i would vote for him and i HATED him when he was in office, but at least the people who blew shit up during his presidency were caught and punnished. plus BC is so damn sexy. (ps, i read in the paper recently that there IS a movement starting to have limits repealed, will post more when i can back it up with a source)

anyone remember SARS? anyone notice that NO ONE is talking about it anymore? last thing i heard was that Canada was getting stomped by it again, then nothing. i think sars was a test run for some sort of biologcal attack, and that soon enough the truly nasty shit will be unleashed.

my $5 prediction: Bush is going to lose the election. There are A LOT of people that are pissed off about the increasing destruction of our right to privacy, and with waking up to three or four dead soldiers a day in yet another failed mission in iraq. President monkey is in trouble when debate time comes, ANY fool could tear him apart on every aspect of his preisidency, and people respond o a good fight.

El Blanco Aug 5th, 2003 11:01 PM

Quote:

sspad, bill clinton would have to be safely in his grave afore they repealed the term limits, i would vote for him and i HATED him when he was in office, but at least the people who blew shit up during his presidency were caught and punnished.
You mean like the guy who orchastrated the destruction of those African embassies or the first WTC attack. YA, I'm glad they were all got.

And I'm totally sure that we got everybody responsible for the OK City bombing. There is no doubt in my mind McVeigh and Nichols didn't have help planning and procuring for that.

Quote:

anyone remember SARS? anyone notice that NO ONE is talking about it anymore? last thing i heard was that Canada was getting stomped by it again, then nothing. i think sars was a test run for some sort of biologcal attack, and that soon enough the truly nasty shit will be unleashed.
Because SARS wasn't nearly what the media made it out to be at first. ITs a nasty flu. The people who died were either really old or really young. What the fuck kind of attack is that?

Quote:

There are A LOT of people that are pissed off about the increasing destruction of our right to privacy,
No, not really. It just isn't happening.

Quote:

and with waking up to three or four dead soldiers a day in yet another failed mission in iraq.
Um, no. Not even close. You are exagerating the numbers and how exactly is it a failure?

Quote:

President monkey is in trouble when debate time comes, ANY fool could tear him apart on every aspect of his preisidency,
And you certainly are any fool.

Quote:

and people respond o a good fight.
"Americans love a winner."