I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Sam Nov 21st, 2009 11:34 PM

I watched Stepbrothers and Bad Boys twice each on Starz today. :(

I was too lazy to change the channel.

Zhukov Nov 22nd, 2009 11:38 AM

I watched Goodfellas the other night for the same reason. It was on and I was there to watch it. I didn't really want to see it, but afterwards at least I can say that I have seen it.

Saturday night I saw 2012. It was better than I thought, although the ending was a bit weak. It was exciting enough.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 22nd, 2009 06:07 PM

Observe and Report which was good but sad.

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li.......almost as bad as the original.

stevetothepast Nov 22nd, 2009 07:13 PM

I watched blank check the other day.

Aaarg Nov 23rd, 2009 09:49 AM

WHO AM I?

Horrible English Jackie Chan movie obviously written by a non-English speaker (Chan). Hilariously bad.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 23rd, 2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg (Post 660294)
WHO AM I?

Horrible English Jackie Chan movie obviously written by a non-English speaker (Chan). Hilariously bad.

That was one(if not the first) of his english movies right?

Aaarg Nov 23rd, 2009 02:53 PM

probz, 1998.

kahljorn Nov 23rd, 2009 03:48 PM

fuckin jacie chan :(

have you guys seen that drunken master movie with him? or the one where he uses the same style as the drunken master (but i dont think it is the drunken master) but his teacher farts in some dudes face?

Aaarg Nov 23rd, 2009 04:02 PM

I've seen the original Drunken Master (it's my favorite) and the shitty dubbed Drunken Master II/The Legend of Drunken Master (which did have awesome fight scenes, but dubbing makes everything so fuckin' silly).

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 23rd, 2009 04:27 PM

Original Drunken Master was amazing. The Legend of the Drunken Master(which is Drunken Master 2B) was decent. I liked the end scene where he fights the Kick Master or whatever his name was.

Drunken Master 2A(does not have Jackie Chan in it, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dance_of_the_Drunk_Mantis) is really good too. It follows Sam the Seed(The Drunken Master) and a new apprentice. I don't know if Drunken Master 2A was ever released on DVD though. My friend has it on VHS.

Aaarg Nov 23rd, 2009 06:55 PM

Whaaaat, sounds pretty sweet. Hopefully it is on DVD and hopefully I can find where to buy it because Christmas is coming up and we're basically buying a bunch of foreign films.

EDIT: is this that one?
http://www.amazon.com/World-Drunken-...024869&sr=8-16

kahljorn Nov 23rd, 2009 09:41 PM

I dunno I remember their being the original drunken master made in the 70's or whatever, then I almost want to say there was a remake, but i think it still had jackie chan ;/ then there was a part two where he was a drunken master struggling to stay sober otherwise he would hurt people :lol

also there's the one where his master farts in people's faces

Aaarg Nov 24th, 2009 07:59 AM

All I remember for sure is that the Legend of Drunken Master is the one that apparently doesn't really have the Cantonese soundtrack anymore. You can only find the English dubbed version which sucks and has been altered.

"In addition, a 35 second cut was made to the concluding scene of the film which showed Wong blinded and mentally crippled as a result of drinking industrial alcohol during the film's ultimate fight. Played for laughs, the scene was considered to be in bad taste by the American distributor, Dimension Films."

FUCK YOU, DIMENSION, THAT'S FUNNY.

Tadao Nov 24th, 2009 10:14 PM

Just watched Angels and Demons. If you read the book, skip it. They took out all the interesting things and made a movie for people who don't care about learnin' and stuff.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 25th, 2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 660384)
I dunno I remember their being the original drunken master made in the 70's or whatever, then I almost want to say there was a remake, but i think it still had jackie chan ;/ then there was a part two where he was a drunken master struggling to stay sober otherwise he would hurt people :lol

also there's the one where his master farts in people's faces

:lol Drunk people are supposed to hurt others....especially the ones they care about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg (Post 660439)
All I remember for sure is that the Legend of Drunken Master is the one that apparently doesn't really have the Cantonese soundtrack anymore. You can only find the English dubbed version which sucks and has been altered.

"In addition, a 35 second cut was made to the concluding scene of the film which showed Wong blinded and mentally crippled as a result of drinking industrial alcohol during the film's ultimate fight. Played for laughs, the scene was considered to be in bad taste by the American distributor, Dimension Films."

FUCK YOU, DIMENSION, THAT'S FUNNY.

I feel like I've seen the ending to that and him being all blindy crippy. On VHS though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg (Post 660369)
Whaaaat, sounds pretty sweet. Hopefully it is on DVD and hopefully I can find where to buy it because Christmas is coming up and we're basically buying a bunch of foreign films.

EDIT: is this that one?
http://www.amazon.com/World-Drunken-...024869&sr=8-16

No, but if you can find Drunken Boxing its pretty good. Which now reminds me of Kung Fu Rascals....its really bad but kinda funny. Rascals isn't worth buying though.

Ant10708 Nov 26th, 2009 05:45 AM

Boondock Saints: Always fun to find a friend who somehow hasn't seen this movie and show it to them.

The Darjeeling Limited - well I only saw the first half since the dvd completly crapped out but i thought it was a good movie. I hope to see the second half soon to see if it holds up for the remainder.

Saw 6 - jigsaw really wants public run healthcare

I hope to see Ninja Assassin this weekend

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 27th, 2009 12:58 AM

I liked the Darjeeling limited but the visuals were better than the story. Natalie Portman looks damn good in the lead up you can watch with it.

kahljorn Nov 30th, 2009 04:03 AM

when i was in a mexican labor camp this mexican dude on the first night i was there was drunk off of rubbing alcohol and was vomiting and falling into seizures and stuff :lol

and he kept trying to drink it and it lasted all night and into the morning and then i dunno what happened :O

executioneer Nov 30th, 2009 01:19 PM

at least rubbing alcohols only isopropyl alcohol, methanol can/will kill you dead

MarioRPG Dec 1st, 2009 05:12 PM

I kinda wanna see Ninja Assassin but haven't.

I watched Battle Royale though. It's ok. Cool concept.

Tadao Dec 1st, 2009 05:18 PM

my brother said Ninja was cool, but I don't trust his taste.

Dimnos Dec 1st, 2009 05:49 PM

I hear someones head gets chopped in half. Not off, in half. :)

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 3rd, 2009 03:41 PM

Rivers Edge - Crispin Glover wears leather and drives a dune buggyish VW beetle and is awesome all the time. Keanu Reeves is in it too. So is Joshua John Miller from that vampire movie Near Dark and Halloween III: Season of the witch.

Jeanette X Dec 4th, 2009 12:02 AM

I just saw Inglorious Basterds. It was AWESOME!

Spoilers!

Ant10708 Dec 4th, 2009 02:14 AM

Ninja Assassin: The entire movie is like one big crazy 88 fight from Kill Bill. Overall it didn't have great plot, no great acting but plenty of insane ninja action sequences and kills. Fun movie with some cringe worthy moments.