I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   My Marathon tattoo (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703318)

Chojin Oct 24th, 2009 02:14 AM

My Marathon tattoo

So, I've been tinkering with taking something from marathon and getting it inked into my flesh. The pfhor in Marathon are an alien race of slavers. They're pretty cool guys, eh tortures humans and doesn't afraid of anything.

Here's the Pfhor logo from one of their terminals:

and what I have so far:

I kinda like the idea of having a game tattoo that's close enough to a tribal that I won't be asked to explain it. Thoughts/tips on improving this design?

DevilWearsPrada Oct 24th, 2009 03:33 AM

'Stop wasting your life jacking off to halo's shitty spiritual successor' is the best tip I'll ever have for you

Fathom Zero Oct 24th, 2009 03:35 AM

I think you have your timeline mixed up, buddy.

And I say go for it, Chojin.

Zhukov Oct 24th, 2009 03:55 AM

Do they shave your back at the tattoo place? They probably don't charge by the hour, but it might still cost more for them to do it, so I guess my advice is to try to have it done before you go in.

Chojin Oct 24th, 2009 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada (Post 654749)
'Stop wasting your life jacking off to halo's shitty spiritual successor' is the best tip I'll ever have for you

infraction

Chojin Oct 24th, 2009 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 654751)
Do they shave your back at the tattoo place? They probably don't charge by the hour, but it might still cost more for them to do it, so I guess my advice is to try to have it done before you go in.

i dunno if you're trying to be funny but i'll pretend you're being serious

anyway, i hope to one day get all that shit lasered off. right now i try my best to shave it myself, which is hard as hell. i do the head and back a few times a week ;<

Guitar Woman Oct 24th, 2009 04:44 AM

NEEEEEEEEEEEEERD

"Looks like a tribal" is the first thing I thought, although I'm not sure if anyone who's enough of a dork to have played Marathon is going to recognize it anyway. I probably wouldn't

kgp4death Oct 24th, 2009 08:50 AM

I like it, It needs more flaming skulls and dragons though. Here is what I was going to get back in the day but it never worked out. I was going to have the guy modify it to make it a more evil vampire skull with blood dripping from the teeth and with a om symbol cut into its forehead.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 24th, 2009 09:02 AM

As long as you tell people you're from the Marathon tribe you'll be okay. Just not a fan of tribal looking tattoo's myself unless...

Dr. Boogie Oct 24th, 2009 04:05 PM

I have to agree with GW. It really isn't that distinctive of a symbol.

I think most will just assume it's some random henna tattoo.

Sacks Oct 25th, 2009 08:34 AM

Please do not get a tribal tattoo. Even the fact that it's from an old game is not going to make getting a tribal less shameful. PLEASE do NOT get a tribal tattoo.

DevilWearsPrada Oct 25th, 2009 06:56 PM

Successor, ancestor....I was drunk and they look the same. Point is, you're a nerd and this is awful.

kgp4death Oct 25th, 2009 09:25 PM

Dude it is your body get what ever you want to get and don't listen to anyone else.

Tadao Oct 26th, 2009 12:18 AM

Chojin, get it right above your butt,

cause you're a dirty little tramp.

Chojin Oct 26th, 2009 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacks (Post 654862)
Please do not get a tribal tattoo. Even the fact that it's from an old game is not going to make getting a tribal less shameful. PLEASE do NOT get a tribal tattoo.

why

Sacks Oct 26th, 2009 09:09 AM

It's like people who go in and get Asian lettering or barbed wire rings around their arm. It's like buying an Affliction t-shirt and sewing it on to your skin. It's the worst, man.

Sacks Oct 26th, 2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgp4death (Post 654760)
I like it, It needs more flaming skulls and dragons though. Here is what I was going to get back in the day but it never worked out. I was going to have the guy modify it to make it a more evil vampire skull with blood dripping from the teeth and with a om symbol cut into its forehead.

The first time I was skimming the page I read this and thought it was someone else being funny. This second time I realize who posted it and read it again and I wanted to puke.

Chojin Oct 26th, 2009 09:31 AM

I think tribals have gotten a bad rap since they're overdone. I like them when they're done not for their own sake or picked at random, but designed expressly to contour and color someone's body, redirecting their lines of sight visually.

So, sure, if it was just something i'd picked out of a catalog and pasted on my back I'd see your point. But who's the bigger fgt - the person who designs and wears a tribal, or the person who'd be terrified to wear something resembling one because it's no longer chic?

I'm not a big fan of Orton's arm tribals, but the one on his back is great imo. After he got the arms filled in (after this pic was taken), even the tribals there add some neat detail.

Sacks Oct 26th, 2009 09:44 AM

Anyone who is worried about their tattoo being chic shouldn't be getting a tattoo at all. I can see now there are other reasons you want to get this tattoo so I guess all I can tell you now is research the shit out of all the places you could possibly get it and make sure you know whoever you pick does good work.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 26th, 2009 10:13 AM

I was going to get the cover of Suikoden tattooed but after a few years I realized the asian writing was lame. I still might get the chars done though.

Guitar Woman Oct 26th, 2009 01:07 PM

Stop being such a mark, you gaywad

Chojin Oct 26th, 2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 655115)
Stop being such a mark, you gaywad

you can't mark out for heels, fgt

also i have always loved orton ;<

kgp4death Oct 26th, 2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 655120)
i have always loved orton ;<

Sexually?....Sacks go suck a sack.

Dr. Boogie Oct 27th, 2009 05:42 PM

Since it's Randy Orton with the tribal tattoo, isn't you getting one a foregone conclusion?

Chojin Oct 27th, 2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 655319)
Since it's Randy Orton with the tribal tattoo, isn't you getting one a foregone conclusion?

maybe i should get a tattoo of orton with his tribal tattoos

just to be sure