I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Game Review: Ghostbusters: The Video Game (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702731)

MockBot Aug 11th, 2009 02:26 AM

Weekly Game Review: Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Game Review: Ghostbusters: The Video Game.

Purple Man Aug 11th, 2009 02:52 AM

I didn't think it would be possible to improve upon the original C64 game, but DAMN, this thing is fun. Bustin' makes me feel good, etc.

Nick Aug 11th, 2009 03:58 AM

This game did not disappoint. I'm glad I decided to big it up.

executioneer Aug 11th, 2009 05:57 AM

bleah @ this game. gets old entirely too fast >:

stevetothepast Aug 11th, 2009 11:28 AM

I was not a huge fan of this game either, I have no idea why, it just did not keep my interest. Although I may not have given it a fair chance. Good review though Proto.

Ozzman313 Aug 11th, 2009 12:33 PM

I agree it was a bit short, I haven't played it in at least 2 months...but I love the game overall. The online mode is good, just hope they release add on maps

executioneer Aug 11th, 2009 01:20 PM

i could do without the other characters' voices constantly repeating the same damn lines over and over again. if it'd been possible to shut venkman off especially it might've warranted more than a rental

robo_rob Aug 11th, 2009 09:56 PM

I've been really wanting to play this. Must do so in the immediate future.

Doctor_Who Aug 11th, 2009 11:36 PM

Everyone tells me I will love this game, and I look forward to playing it. Problem is I'm a Wii owner. I know that means the graphics won't be the same (and I'm perfectly okay with that), but are there any other differences? Is it worth checking out, or should I just wait until I visit my brother and his 360 and rent it then?

Drunken_Lemur408 Aug 12th, 2009 05:17 PM

It certainly was an interesting experience, I've since beat it and haven't touched it since. Multiplayer was interesting, but a tad bit too difficult. Very rarely finished the mission.I did have fun hunting done all the artifacts and watching them pile up in the firehouse.

Protoclown Aug 12th, 2009 05:22 PM

From what I understand, Doctor Who, the Wii version is significantly different (the graphics being FAR worse is just one change). Just do a google search for the differences.

Tetsu Deinonychus Aug 13th, 2009 06:19 PM

The Wii version does have the advantage of letting you use the Wii mote to better simulate using the proton gun.

Neither version is really better or worse, just different.

HowardC Aug 13th, 2009 06:36 PM

I found this game to be fantastic... the only problem was you sure wouldn't be able to tell unless you are patient enough to get off the first level, because I found the first level to be boring and overly difficult compared to later levels. For those of you that didn't like this game I suggest you go back and invest more time on it. This is NOT a rental game. Despite it's short length you can't beat it in a weekend and the game is written as a story, not a collection of random levels, so you have to complete the game in order to get maximum enjoyment.

P.S. The wii version doesn't have worse graphics at all... they used an entirely different art style. Cartoon graphics do NOT equate to worse graphics. Bill Murry actually said he prefers the art direction of the wii version because the characters are more expressive, which makes the jokes funnier.

executioneer Aug 13th, 2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

you can't beat it in a weekend
uhh yes you can? unless you're the type that has to beat all the metagaming shit and get all the achievements/ trophies. I beat it in one night

Julio Aug 13th, 2009 10:21 PM

So there is a 360 version, huh?

executioneer Aug 13th, 2009 10:54 PM

yes

Dr. Boogie Aug 13th, 2009 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowardC (Post 641589)
P.S. The wii version doesn't have worse graphics at all... they used an entirely different art style. Cartoon graphics do NOT equate to worse graphics. Bill Murry actually said he prefers the art direction of the wii version because the characters are more expressive, which makes the jokes funnier.

Well the Wii doesn't have the same graphics capability as the other current gen systems. Hence, they had to use a different art style, lest they draw too much attention to it. A more disappointing problem is that the Wii version lacks the physics that the 360 and PS3 have.

Alcibiades Aug 14th, 2009 10:58 AM

Fun game. One of the things that really works for it is that knowing the Ghostbusters personalities... it's pretty easy to accept them making the new guy do all the hard work and loading him down with the dangerous experimental equipment.

wetstereorebel Aug 16th, 2009 10:53 PM

I liked the demo for this game. I definitely should give it a rental.

Travis touchdown Aug 17th, 2009 06:48 PM

good but i like the old sega one better

Joe Musashi Aug 18th, 2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowardC (Post 641589)

I thought it was Dan Aykroyd who said that?