I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How Do I Take A Screenshot of My PC and Save It? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700244)

Ozzman313 Jul 29th, 2008 01:24 PM

How Do I Take A Screenshot of My PC and Save It?

I need to take a screenshot of a problem I'm having on my computer....how would I go about doing it?
I know the "Print Scrn" button, but how do I view and save the image?:confused:

Turgon Jul 29th, 2008 04:07 PM

Open any image editing program (Paint works perfectly). Select Edit, and the Paste.

Cheers.

Tadao Jul 29th, 2008 04:32 PM

How do I create a thread in the Tech Support section?

executioneer Jul 29th, 2008 08:59 PM

HOW DO I USE GOOGLE

Kitsa Jul 30th, 2008 05:38 PM

Shit, you guys are mean.

When you hit the print screen button, ozzman, it just puts it into the copy buffer. From there you can paste it anywhere you usually edit photos and deal with it there. I use irfanview for fast editing...works really well.

executioneer Jul 30th, 2008 07:22 PM

this guy asked us how to make a flash animation out of some stills from a movie, then cried about it when someone told him exactly how to do it and basically said "could you guys do it ;_;", so he's lost his "free help and a minimum of teasing" card

plus, it's the wrong forum

MLE Jul 31st, 2008 01:35 AM

Yeah, I was going to move it, but then Tadao's joke wouldn't have made sense anymore, and I didn't want to do that to Tadao. The only reason I didn't stop them from being mean in my sub-forum this time is because this shouldn't have been here in the first place

<3 MLE

Tadao Jul 31st, 2008 01:43 AM

Ha! I hardly make sense anyways. Plus it would seem like I'm telling him how simple his question is if you moved it.

MLE Jul 31st, 2008 02:03 AM

Great! Being moved now.

Archduke Tips Aug 5th, 2008 09:11 PM

Here are the steps you need to take:
1. Prepare the screen to how you want it to look in the screenshot.
2. Press Alt + prt sc (at the same time)
3. Open the start menu
4. Click on "All Programs"
5. Click on "Accessories"
6. Click on "Paint"
7. In MSPaint click on the "Edit" menu item
8. In the Edit menu click on "Paste"
9. Click on the "File" menu item
10. Click on "Save"
11. Type in a name for the file next to "File Name:"
12. Click on the "Save As Type" menu and select "JPEG"
13. At the top, click on the "Save in" menu and choose where you would like to save the file
14. Click on the button that says "Save"

These instructions apply to Windows XP, but other versions of Windows should follow similar steps.

Tadao Aug 5th, 2008 10:31 PM

I'm almost positive he is a user of the Mac.

Chojin Aug 8th, 2008 08:56 PM

Why alt+print screen?

MetalMilitia Aug 8th, 2008 09:05 PM

alt+prtscn takes a screen shot of the active window only - not the whole desktop :/

Archduke Tips Aug 9th, 2008 05:17 PM

So make your desktop the active window. I said "prepare the screen how you want it to look" for that reason. I guess my directions were not nearly clear and detailed enough.