I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Guitar Woman Mar 12th, 2009 12:40 AM

The Longest Journey is one of those unknown indie games that isn't actually any good

pac-man Mar 12th, 2009 12:46 AM

Thanks, GW. Now I know for sure this is a great game.

EDIT: Sorry if my sig reminds you of the thread that exposed you.

k0k0 Mar 12th, 2009 05:07 AM

At the moment, Star Ocean 4 and it's totally awesome. A really great jrpg.

Guitar Woman Mar 12th, 2009 01:01 PM

I was talking about the original one but ok

bigtimecow Mar 15th, 2009 03:00 PM

medievil, syphon filter, twisted metal 2 (<3 PSN), on the last chapter of dead space, and trying to get fucking fallout 3 to work on my computer >: THANKS A LOT VISTA

Girl Drink Drunk Mar 15th, 2009 03:55 PM

Hook (SNES) and Street Fighter IV.

bigtimecow Mar 16th, 2009 02:00 AM

bought re5 today and played it for about 3 hours online will my friend. wonderful experience!

and i beat dead space today and am proud to say that i'm returning it tomorrow because it was absurdly repetitive, isaac was an awful character, and it had the zero G element, which was amazing and extremely fun, but they fucking ruined it

kahljorn Mar 16th, 2009 03:43 AM

I love resident evil 5:)

OxBlood Mar 16th, 2009 08:17 AM

RE5 and Persona 4...two excellent games, even though I like Persona quite a bit more.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 16th, 2009 02:32 PM

I was wondering when Europe was gonna get it :D

Near the end of Valkyria Chronicles. I love mowing down foot soldiers with my tanks. And the class upgrades made me replay a few skirmishes for experience. I can't wait for the DLC.

OxBlood Mar 18th, 2009 08:18 AM

Yeah, it´s been almost a year since you got it in the US, right? Anyway, I´m just glad we got it at all. Now they just have to port Persona 1 and 2 for the PSP and I´m a really happy guy.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 18th, 2009 04:42 PM

We only got P4 in December :X

Also, P1 and both P2 games are playable through popsloader or whatever the hell my PSP does when I load modified PSX games. I tried the translation of Innocent Sin, but the combat was awkward :(

Anyways, Henry Hatsworth came out, and that game is pretty funny. I wish the puzzle and the platforming were more simultaneous, like The World Ends With You, but I think this is probably a more casual title. Either way, it's pretty good.

Someone also reccommended me this Animal Crossing knock-off for the DS, called Enchanted Folk. Instead of running around and collecting clothes, money and furnature, the game lets you do that and learn spells (a student used a fart spell on me randomly :( ) and take part in different quests and shit. And the campus is pretty big and has lots of shit to do.

I'm kinda impressed by how much stuff is in it, even if the game is too fucking cute for its own good. If anyone here actually likes Animal Crossing, you might like Enchanted Folk.

Emu Mar 18th, 2009 08:43 PM

P1 is being ported to the PSP this... June, I think? It's getting a retranslation and the Snow Queen quest has been re-added, which will only make sense to you if you're a giant faggot into sorta-obscure RPGs like I am oh god

For P2's combat, change the Battle Mode to Single. That way you get to choose new actions every turn instead of having it just cycle endlessly. I don't know why it isn't set that way to default.

thread-relevant content: I am playing Alundra.

Microshock Mar 18th, 2009 08:52 PM

I finally beat all the planets in Arcade in Super Stardust HD and wow, what a fucking frustrating game.

It's 5 phases, and if you lose at any point, you have to repeat all of those phases even if you reach the boss, and i was playing on EASY MODE!
I also played it co op and my friend liked it but fuck, i hate games that frustrate me like prince of persia's broken combat system

Zomboid Mar 18th, 2009 09:00 PM

KILLZONE 2.

Man, this game is fucking AWFUL.

Emu Mar 18th, 2009 09:18 PM

hahaha it really is :(

Phoenix Gamma Mar 18th, 2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 619913)
P1 is being ported to the PSP this... June, I think? It's getting a retranslation and the Snow Queen quest has been re-added, which will only make sense to you if you're a giant faggot into sorta-obscure RPGs like I am oh god

For P2's combat, change the Battle Mode to Single. That way you get to choose new actions every turn instead of having it just cycle endlessly. I don't know why it isn't set that way to default.

thread-relevant content: I am playing Alundra.

Well I guess I have a reason to put it back on my memory stick then, because I was seriously confused when I picked one command and wasn't doing anything for the rest of the battle :(

darkvare Mar 19th, 2009 02:37 AM

i finally goy chinatown wars, man this game is awesome the city is the same from gta 4

OxBlood Mar 19th, 2009 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 619913)
P1 is being ported to the PSP this... June, I think? It's getting a retranslation and the Snow Queen quest has been re-added, which will only make sense to you if you're a giant faggot into sorta-obscure RPGs like I am oh god.

Donīt worry, even I knew what that meant and I never played P1 and P2...but apparently I read about that Snow Queen stuff...I guess.

Microshock Mar 19th, 2009 07:27 AM

Blast Factor is the same shit as well but seems like they copied Super Stardust HD but somehow made it more frustrating since a single "survival cell" is about 8 levels...

:/

timrpgland Mar 19th, 2009 05:31 PM

I've been playing The Nameless Mod that just came out for Deus Ex after 7 damn years (http://www.thenamelessmod.com/trailer/) and Dragon Quest V mainly.

bigtimecow Mar 19th, 2009 06:38 PM

chapter 5 in resident evil 5. i think we should have it beat by tonight or tomorrow. then its merc mode baby :D

also, returning dead space tomorrow to buy GTA4

Zomboid Mar 19th, 2009 08:17 PM

Final Fantasy 2/4!

Phoenix Gamma Mar 19th, 2009 11:45 PM

So I finally beat Valkyria Chronicles, meaning I'll finally shut up about it :D That game seriously ups the ante at the end; parking tanks on inclines to aim high up? Luring a dreadnought through a minefield to stop it in its tracks? Hijacking a battleship?

Man, why are other strategy games all about fighting on the same grids? This is the kind of stuff the genre needs. Damn developers and their copy paste formulas :(

Now that I put enough hours into my PS3, I think I'm gonna buy Pikmin and Madworld when I get my paycheck tomorrow. I haven't tried Pikmin on Gamecube, so I'll have some fun with that. I also reccommend GTA:China Town Wars to any DS owners here. All the cool shit from the 2D and 3D games, plus this neat drug dealing system; a fun way to kill time and teach children the art of selling dope.

darkvare Mar 20th, 2009 12:55 AM

i finally got my hands on an r4 and i love jump ultimate stars but it angers me seeing it and knowing no smash bros is being made for the ds