I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Meaning of Life DVD (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5441)

crash0814 Aug 23rd, 2003 01:10 AM

Meaning of Life DVD

I'm so fucking psyched. 2-Disc Special Edition of the Monty Python classic. If I had any money I'd preorder.

Paul138 Aug 23rd, 2003 02:14 AM

I already did, and the suspense is overwhelming... Okay so I suck at lying, but I can't wait!

Spectre X Aug 23rd, 2003 04:45 AM

there is a god.

pjalne Aug 23rd, 2003 08:10 AM

... and he's a Terry Gilliam animation.

crash0814 Aug 23rd, 2003 01:18 PM

To this day, I refuse to be an organ donor...

Jixby Phillips Aug 23rd, 2003 02:02 PM

I wouldn't call this movie a "classic" exactly. But I do want it on DVD.

It would be more than okay with me if their last movie was "Life of Brian"

pjalne Aug 23rd, 2003 02:25 PM

I'm with Jixby here, but the restaurant piece, the 'Find the fish' sequence and the part where Death points at the fish make it all worth it.

crash0814 Aug 23rd, 2003 06:15 PM

Life of Brian was the most subtle of their films, so it's my least favorite. Not that it's bad.

Jixby Phillips Aug 23rd, 2003 09:29 PM

Life of Brian is the best thing they've ever done you fool.

That and the fairy tale sketch from their second German show.

Krythor Aug 23rd, 2003 11:04 PM

I agree that Life of Brian is the best of their movies. I can't for the life of me remember much of The Flying Circus, so I'm not in a position to say it's the best of their work.

I thought that The Holy Grail and The Meaning Of Life were slightly too all over the place. The Life Of Brian had a good solid plot, great satire and generally just the best jokes. :(

I will be getting this when I have the money to though, naturally.

Royal Tenenbaum Aug 24th, 2003 10:42 AM

Yeah, the Life of Brian is hands down the best work they did. It's way funnier than Meaning of Life, which had about 3 or 4 things going for it, and a little better than the Holy Grail.

AChimp Aug 24th, 2003 10:53 AM

I'll be getting this when it comes out. :love

"Hello. Can we have your liver?"

Royal Tenenbaum Aug 24th, 2003 12:25 PM

Why not get Life of Brian?

pjalne Aug 25th, 2003 08:00 AM

If anyone is getting LoB, try to find the Criterion Collection release. It has some great deleted scenes, among them a couple of sequences with Otto the right-extremist Jew and his suicide squad.

Oh, and the part in Meaning of Life where the two people try to explain why they're dressed up as a tiger is one of the funniest things I've seen.

Protoclown Aug 25th, 2003 12:25 PM

I am soooo getting this. On a related note, I FINALLY picked up my own copy of the Life of Brian criterion collection DVD. Yay. Now I need to get Holy Grail and this when it comes out.

And Life of Brian is EASILY the best thing they ever did, hands down. THAT is a "classic".

Jixby Phillips Aug 25th, 2003 04:31 PM

They are releasing a new edition of Holy Grail, that is, from what I understand, exactly like the other special edition that is out except with different packaging.

I remember I bought Life of Brian while me and my family went to San Fransico to see Kids in the Hall. That was the last good family trip I had.

Royal Tenenbaum Aug 26th, 2003 12:11 AM

The Holy Grail is out. The special edition is excellent, and like Jixby said, that new one is exactly the same but in a big dark box or some shit.

A new version of Life of Brian is coming out too, but it may not have the Criterion features. It does have a 5.1 soundtrack, but I'm glad I have the Criterion either way.

pjalne Aug 26th, 2003 08:00 AM

The discs are the same, but the box comes with a paperback version of the script. Like we need people to know the lines better.