I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   slim jim audio ad on the homepage (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704681)

Mockery May 21st, 2010 04:23 PM

slim jim audio ad on the homepage

I was just on the I-Mockery homepage and heard an audio ad for Slim Jims. First off, I don't allow audio ads on the site, so something is apparently getting in through one of the networks that represents us, but I can't even find where the ad is on the homepage. I scrolled all over and didn't see any ad displaying a thing about Slim Jims. Have any of you seen this ad? If so, please lemme know what it looks like and where exactly it was.

Tadao May 21st, 2010 04:28 PM

I know Kitsa heard a Widex ad and Kahl heard something as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 686797)
I just reloaded the page and my browser blocked a popup and some bitch started screeching about lysol or windex or something and I can't figure out where it's coming from :(

And I just installed new antivirus antieverything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 686807)
the same thing happened to me and then it started singing that song that goes, "WONT LET YOU INTOOO MYY HEeeAAAARRRRTTT""

Mockery May 21st, 2010 05:42 PM

Lemme know if you guys hear them any more, and if you do, what the ads are for and where they were appearing on any given page. Pisses me off that despite the filters we have in place, some of these networks still get some of those auto-playing audio ads through.

Chojin May 21st, 2010 05:48 PM

i heard one myself, but i turned it off before i heard what it was for

The Leader May 21st, 2010 06:07 PM

I heard one. It frightened me.

Evil Robot May 21st, 2010 06:44 PM

It was the ghosts of the people who died in that horrible plant explosion last year.

Kitsa May 21st, 2010 06:50 PM

I heard another one today but I can't remember what it was for. I think it had a fake doctor in it.

FWIW, a small town near me is the Slim Jim capital of the world. Apparently most of them are made there, if not all of them. I know they just had some big expansion and they showed the party on the news, and there was a whole buffet table of Slim Jims.

I really, really, really wanted to run into Macho Man Randy Savage at some point because of this. I guess I figured he'd be the keynote speaker of such festivities. But I never did see him. :(

:themoreyouknow

Kitsa May 21st, 2010 06:52 PM

"Larry, we just had the carpets cleaned."

"But it was the pizza guy!"

"You said you bought a DiGiorno..."

(and then I closed the window.)

The Leader May 21st, 2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Robot (Post 686953)
It was the ghosts of the people who died in that horrible plant explosion last year.

:lol

kahljorn May 21st, 2010 07:22 PM

i dunno... the weirdest thing was that i also couldn't find anything on the page ;/ i had a couple pages open but it just looked like regular ads, nothing that looked like it would have music or anything ;/

Mockery May 21st, 2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 686956)

Where were you when you heard this? On the forums or on the homepage? Was the ad at the top of the page or somewhere on the right side or what? Any info you can provide me will help me track down that crap. Thanks!

Kitsa May 21st, 2010 08:37 PM

There was no ad at all that I can remember. It was on the General Blabber forum, and it happened between the time I went back to there from a thread and the time I clicked on another thread. There were no animated ads or anything that particularly matched the audio.

kahljorn May 21st, 2010 08:37 PM

i was on the forums when it happened to me :(

Sam May 21st, 2010 10:03 PM

It happens to me when I get directly on the forums too. :(

The Slim Jim one and another one.

OH GOD IT'S DOING IT RIGHT NOW, WITH SOME DISCOVER AD.

Evil Robot May 21st, 2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 686956)

I saw this dialog on a TV commercial for DiGiorno pizza on an actual TV set. It was three guys in the living room watching football and eating pizza. The wife walks in and gives them shit about the muddy footprints they left on the carpet for some reason. They blame the footprints on the pizza delivery guy, it flashes to a picture of the DiGiorna pizza and then cuts back to the fat retards cleaning the carpet. One of them then says "you left the box on the counter" or some shit like that.

I actually had one of these pizzas the other night but I didn't hear it playing any audio.

Evil Robot May 21st, 2010 11:35 PM

You guys are sure your not just mistaking your TV for the computer are you?

Tadao May 21st, 2010 11:52 PM

:lol

darkvare May 22nd, 2010 01:25 AM

i saw some a while ago that made noises when i moused over them but then again i get ads of completly different shit over here

Mockery May 22nd, 2010 02:08 AM

Ok, so the only ads we have on the forums are up at the top of the page, above the menus. But what's bizarre is I'm not seeing anything at the top of the pages loading that correlates to the sounds from said ads. Friggin' bizarre o.O

Tadao May 22nd, 2010 02:19 AM

Maybe it's the new incarnation of ads. If it doesn't correlate with the visual ad, you don't know how to close it. Also, you looked at the visual ad to see if it matched. It's a win win for them.

Mockery May 22nd, 2010 05:03 AM

Keep me posted if you guys keep hearing the ads. I have the networks looking into it so hopefully something will get that crap off the site soon.

Zhukov May 22nd, 2010 09:03 AM

While I haven't heard any audio, I really hate the ad that pops up about once every month or so and covers the top portion of the 'message' box when you hit reply, or the first threads in any given part of the forum.

It really gets on my goat.

Kitsa May 22nd, 2010 09:59 AM

in the i-bapery skin, the banner ads frequently cover the first few threads of a forum (in chrome and firefox, anyway).

I've had DiGiorno pizza fairly often and there's no way in hell I'd mistake it for something made at a pizza place. If it were made at some delivery franchise, I'd probably complain loudly and never go there again.

captain516 May 22nd, 2010 09:00 PM

Happened to me just now.

Mockery May 22nd, 2010 10:32 PM

More details please, captain516. What was the ad for / what did you hear?