I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Holiday Presents (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705494)

Fathom Zero Dec 6th, 2010 05:06 PM

Holiday Presents

I'm starting a "Whaddidjaget for X-MAS" sort of thread now because I'm not a part of Secret Santa and my grandmother sent me things for St. Nicholas Day.

She's awesome. I also got the typical shoes filled with candy.

I'm giving things to people, too, but they're mostly of the baked-goods variety.

Evil Robot Dec 6th, 2010 07:09 PM

It appears as though shes trying to make you fat and depressed.

Fathom Zero Dec 6th, 2010 07:18 PM

HAH, you can't make a depressed person depressed.

Wiffles Dec 6th, 2010 07:20 PM

The sugar in those treats will fix that. At least temporarily ^^

Fathom Zero Dec 6th, 2010 07:22 PM

I've already eaten three of them. :(

Esuohlim Dec 6th, 2010 07:38 PM

Unwrap a smile this Christmas :( :(

Kitsa Dec 6th, 2010 07:39 PM

I haven't done St Nicholas day since 4th grade. When we moved to Milwaukee all the kids were German and everyone came to school on Dec 6th or 7th talking about what they got. Then I came home and was all "wtf" to my mom and she got me a Super Shades binder so I had something. As soon as we were out of the area, we stopped.

I got zero Chanukah presents. Hopes are nonexistent for that, even though technically there are a couple more days.

I got one Christmas present early, a gift certificate for a wine place. It looks as if I will be trying new wines because they don't stock my favorites, but maybe there's a new favorite in there somewhere. I'm curious about a wine sales website that only stocks like 15 different wines. Works for them somehow, I guess.

If it counts, the guy at the British grocery gave me a treacle toffee today and the guy who's always so nice at the Sprint store waived the charge for a new battery. That was an unexpected spot of kindness.

Fathom Zero Dec 6th, 2010 07:50 PM

My grandmother's from Zinzinnati, so it's always been a tradition for me. As long as you make latkes, though, it's a fantastic Chanukah.

Kitsa Dec 6th, 2010 07:54 PM

I haven't yet though :( I thought I was going to get some at the Chanukah party I went to but then I didn't. I saw the warming trays, but we barely knew anyone there and it would have been weird to just walk up and start eating food, idk.

I have a recipe for sweet potato latkes and was thinking about that if I have any energy tomorrow.

Nick Dec 6th, 2010 08:28 PM

So far I've only gotten this.

Zomboid Dec 6th, 2010 09:31 PM

I now re-iterate what I said in that thread. You've even started linking anything vaguely relevant to stuff on I-Mockery.

Nick Dec 6th, 2010 10:10 PM

I know, the SS event on I-Mockery.com is totally only vaguely relevant to I-Mockery.com

Mockery Dec 6th, 2010 10:28 PM

Fathom - Oh man, I have to try those holiday marshmallow treats. I was looking in my grocery store just the other day but didn't see any Christmas snacks yet other than a small tub of peppermint bark. Come on Little Debbie... don't fail me now.

Zomboid Dec 6th, 2010 10:39 PM

I've been seeing holiday treats since November. Then again, our Thanksgiving is in mid-October, so the stores go from Halloween to Christmas a lot quicker :xmas1 :xmas2 :xmas3

Nick, people like you are why I love (and hate) the internet. Keep doing what you're doing, kiddo :picklehat:picklehat:picklehat:picklehat:picklehat

Nick Dec 6th, 2010 10:49 PM

On it, boss. :picklehat:picklehat:picklehat:picklehat:picklehat

elx Dec 6th, 2010 11:37 PM

UNNECESSARILY LONG PERSONAL STORY: my two older brothers came home to spend thanksgiving break with us. they started getting ready to go black friday shopping at like 10PM and when I expressed interest in joining them they refused to allow me to come and told me to go to bed. I got kinda upset because I thought they were doing the whole not-wanting-your-baby-sister-tagging-along sorta thing. and they left without me and i went to bed super angry. the next morning i woke up to a limited edition wii and a 37 inch plasma. as it turns out they didn't want me to come because they planned this trip out specifically so they could give me an entertainment upgrade for christmas. they felt bad about making me feel bad so they gave it to me early.

naturally i've felt like a brat ever since. I want to give them something special in return but I dunno what a 23 and 20 year old dude would like aside from beer :( anybody have any awesome present ideas?!

edit: also i have discovered that the best gift to give somebody you loath is one of those magnified cosmetic mirrors. it's subtle enough to be received warmly but it'll make them feel horrible about themselves.

Sam Dec 6th, 2010 11:54 PM

PUSSY.

NOT YOURS OBVIOUSLY.

executioneer Dec 7th, 2010 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 706725)
edit: also i have discovered that the best gift to give somebody you loath is one of those magnified cosmetic mirrors. it's subtle enough to be received warmly but it'll make them feel horrible about themselves.

i learned that from reading Lord of the Rings :nerd :angelicabaggins

Fathom Zero Dec 7th, 2010 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 706728)
PUSSY.

NOT YOURS OBVIOUSLY.

:lol

What if she lives in toothless country?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 706717)
Fathom - Oh man, I have to try those holiday marshmallow treats. I was looking in my grocery store just the other day but didn't see any Christmas snacks yet other than a small tub of peppermint bark. Come on Little Debbie... don't fail me now.

I hope you find them. They taste like Christmas! :O

Zhukov Dec 7th, 2010 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 706725)

naturally i've felt like a brat ever since. I want to give them something special in return but I dunno what a 23 and 20 year old dude would like aside from beer :( anybody have any awesome present ideas?!

What kind of guys are they? Do you know what they like doing?

executioneer Dec 7th, 2010 04:48 AM

nerf guns, the more rounds fired the better

Kitsa Dec 7th, 2010 07:44 AM

We've had all of the Little Debbie Christmas stuff around since halloween. Maybe a little before.

My favorite holiday-only stuff that comes out around here is the cranberry ginger ale. Well, that and the REAL pfeffernusse (not the archway crap with the powdered sugar...has to have that hard sugar shell).

Zhukov Dec 7th, 2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 706752)
My favorite holiday-only stuff that comes out around here is the cranberry ginger ale.

That sounds amazing. I wish we had more flavours of everything here.

Oh, and can we post pictures of presents we have bought ourselves here? :(

Wiffles Dec 7th, 2010 08:41 AM

I'll prolly get nothing substantial this Xmas seeing as its been a long trend of ours to just enjoy a nice meal, and give gifts of snack cakes, candy bars, pudding, and the odd book or cheap toy. Not complaining or anything. ^^

captain516 Dec 23rd, 2010 10:41 PM

SAPMBOT, ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU:love