I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

OxBlood Sep 13th, 2010 04:59 PM

I loved Fight for NY. Is there something better than clobbering Rappers? It´s just so much fun, smashing Elephant Man´s head on a pool table or breaking Snoops back on something...good times. :)

Oh and no, I´m not a particularly big fan of Rap or Hip-Hop. I know, you would never have guessed :D

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 13th, 2010 05:17 PM

Lol, get outa here.

DougClayton4231 Sep 13th, 2010 05:31 PM

Def Jam FFNY was a fantastic fighting game. I loved the first one too. The third one was an aborted abomination that somehow was still released.

I've been playing Bully on the Wii and I'm actually enjoying it. I'm amazed that the AI actually does it's own thing and feels somewhat organic.

Guitar Woman Sep 13th, 2010 05:51 PM

Link's Awakening!

I remain steadfast in my assertion that this is the best Zelda ever.

darkvare Sep 13th, 2010 06:13 PM

the removal of blazing moves from def jam and the stupid air dj mechanic killed the franchise for me i hope a new one with a feel like the old ones gets made

Esuohlim Sep 13th, 2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 697990)
Link's Awakening!

I remain steadfast in my assertion that this is the best Zelda ever.

I agree, but only because it was my first Zelda

Shadowdancer21b Sep 13th, 2010 06:45 PM

Playing Earthbound. Never played it back in the day and I'm having fun.

darkvare Sep 14th, 2010 12:35 AM

i got a new laptop so now i can play league of legends if you wanna play with me my id is donvare

OxBlood Sep 14th, 2010 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 697986)
Lol, get outa here.

Aww come on, I canīt like everything in the world. Consider this: Iīm german and german hip-hop is...well, itīs horrible, if it is of the Gangster-Variety, really. Itīs just fucking sad. On the other hand we do have some funny guys around, and I mean funny. Simple and fun music with relaxed lyrics. I can listen to that, even if it is Hip-Hop. Oh and by the way, I LOVE the beats most of the time, I just donīt like the texts ;)

And yes, A Link to the past is the best Zelda-Game, because it doesnīt look like shit like...ah...letīs say the N64-Games.

DougClayton4231 Sep 14th, 2010 08:10 AM

lol @ German Hip-Hop.

Was Link's Awakening the one on Gameboy?

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 14th, 2010 09:45 AM

Link's awakening is awesome. Except when the colorized it and the Whale looked like a Hippie.

GW: Are you playing an emulated version or on gameboy? If you hit the map screen button while you are walking to a new room in the game it will transport you to the other side of the room if done right. I skipped a few areas doing this and ended up having the flying chicken from the middle of the game until the very end.

That and Chain Chompin fools felt great.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 14th, 2010 11:14 PM

Link's Awakening is great...until the fetch quest at the end. And you can actually fuck up the 8th dungeon and not be able to finish it. I did that once and was preeeeeeetty pissed off. Rest of it was fun though.

Professor Layton 3 came out Sunday, but for some dumb reason my save data for the second one was lost so I spent today and yesterday beating it from scratch remembering what I could. Cool duel in the finale, but the big explanation was kind of silly. I mean, the same can be said for the first game, but at least that one explained why everyone had a boner for puzzles and stuff, and tied things up nicely. The second requires you to suspend your disbelief a teensy bit more. But the rest of it was so good I didn't mind.

I'll start the third game tomorrow slowly. I'm burned out from rushing the second.

Fathom Zero Sep 14th, 2010 11:31 PM

Finished Deadly Premonition. Suitably back-asswards ending.

OxBlood Sep 15th, 2010 04:41 AM

Since the PSN updates around 2 in the morning here, I only got to buying Phantasy Start Portable 2 this morning.

Oh and my Baroque was in the mail today...only a month late, yay.

darkvare Sep 15th, 2010 05:16 PM

i finished halo reach already i loved the final missions

King Hadas Sep 15th, 2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 698115)
Finished Deadly Premonition. Suitably back-asswards ending.

I finished this not to long ago. Didn't like how it ended.

Spoilers!

Fathom Zero Sep 16th, 2010 12:49 AM

I liked the idea of Zack and York ending up how they were at the end. I thought he was talking to me, too, though. But it's not as though the game didn't break the fourth wall enough.

Harry Stewart and Michael are my favorite characters.

Spoilers!

Phoenix Gamma Sep 16th, 2010 03:31 AM

Beat KH: Birth By Sleep. The secret ending really builds up hype for the last game in the series. I kinda want to play it, since BBS actually turned out really well once you ditch that loser Terra and have fun with Ventus and Aqua.

Story's still a royal clusterfuck though. Ho lee shit. I thought MGS was confusing. Except MGS is fun, and KH has reached George Lucas levels of retconning.

Ah well. Like I said, the combat in this one was actually the best in the series and is actually really fun. Could have done without the repeating worlds and maps, though.
B-

executioneer Sep 16th, 2010 03:44 AM

robot unicorn attack again, thanks SAM >:

OxBlood Sep 16th, 2010 03:48 AM

Had a nice evening of Baroque and Phantasy Star P2 and I like both a lot.
Especially Baroque is quite a bit better than I expected. I love the desolate and sad feel the game has to it.
You begin the game knowin exactly nothing and the first thing the only more or less sane person tells you is that you have committed a sin so fucking grave he´s not sure you´ll ever be able to atone for it. He hands you a gun and sends you on your merry way into the tower...and then you´ll probably just die like I did. Only that you´re kind of The Nameless´ little brother or something cause things make more sense the more you die. Crazy game but I like it even though the combat itself is kinda primitive with no evading OR blocking.

King Hadas Sep 16th, 2010 03:51 AM

Harry and Michael were great, though Harry's little twist at the end was pretty lame.

Spoilers!

Zhukov Sep 16th, 2010 08:33 AM

I'm playing a bit of Halo Reach, but it seems like it's just Halo 3 extra missions. I don't know what I expected. It's good, but it seems a bit too "You're part of an elite TEAM, SPEC OPS, USA ALL THE WAY", which gets old.

Fathom Zero Sep 16th, 2010 09:27 AM

I'm compelled to eat a turkey, strawberry jam, and cereal sandwich.

Yeah, the biggest issue, which was constant to me, was the unexplained, (or worse - unquestioned), attacks on realm from the Shadow realm stuff. I mean, it's kinda gone into when they say
Spoilers!
I think they handled the endgame alright, though. Everything kept building up until the final fight after you fought the... well, first boss. :lol

Oh, and another niggling bit is why the doctor didn't have a bigger role. He's a fucking doctor and a supporting character. He should be consulted more for this shit.

OxBlood Sep 16th, 2010 01:10 PM

Got my Reach too today and the first things that I noticed are negative ones.

-No Sound Options, meaning no way to turn the music down and the speech up

-No subtitles outside of cutscenes. I know I always say how I prefer english to german in videogames but MAN, half the time, I can´t understand what the Spartans are saying. 2/3 of the team have thick accents and almost all the time when they speak they do it over the low-quality super-squeaky radio channel...how the fuck do these people communicate. Especially Kat...I literally said "what? speak up or speak more slowly, dammit" a dozen times while playing today.

Other than that it´s just like any other Halo game to me but I fucking HATE the Elites and their scheissverdammtes (on purpose) hopping around like crazy. Is that how they conquered the stars? By hopping left and right like bunnies on crack? Really? Fuck, those guy annoy me.

I DO like that you can customize your little Spartan-Dude. Mine´s yellow :D Not that I like yellow, I hate it but it looks kinda nice on the guy. Better than green or blue at least, everyone´s blue. Or red.

DougClayton4231 Sep 16th, 2010 04:46 PM

I couldn't understand any of the spartans either. They sure do talk way too fucking much. The enemies are annoying as shit regardless. As you get closer to the end, it just feels like you die every 8 seconds because the rest of your squad is too busy to help you.