I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The new Terminator movie (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701772)

Zomboid Mar 5th, 2009 12:30 AM

The new Terminator movie

Looks surprisingly good. I don't get why there's suddenly a Cylon "I didn't know I was a robot!" quality to them when they're supposed to be the first versions and all previous Human models acted incredibly robotic, but aside from that, looks really entertaining.

Tadao Mar 5th, 2009 12:36 AM

I just watched a 2 min long trailer today. I should be enertaining, I don't think there is gonna be a whole lot of action though.

pac-man Mar 5th, 2009 12:42 AM

Looked like there was a lot of action to me

VaporTrailx1 Mar 5th, 2009 12:48 AM

What I always wondered about the Terminator series is that if SkyNET could create robots with living tissue covering them, and create a time machine, how come it couldn't just make some sort of supervirus to kill off the remaining humans? That will probably end up being a plot element somewhere in 4 or 5 I'm sure.

Tadao Mar 5th, 2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 617501)
Looked like there was a lot of action to me

Trailers always look like that. Transformers for example. I just get the feeling that a lot of storyline is involved. Oh and I read this today.

"Bale told McG that if he could refine the script to the point where it could be read on stage without any special effects and still be a compelling story, he would agree to star in it."

pac-man Mar 5th, 2009 01:20 AM

I think it'll have more action sequences than any of the first 3.

Zomboid Mar 5th, 2009 01:29 AM

That's a stretch. T2 is one of the greatest action movies ever.

pac-man Mar 5th, 2009 01:49 AM

Let me rephrase, I hope it'll have more action sequences than any of the first 3.

Nick Mar 5th, 2009 04:49 PM

The best thing is Arnold isn't actually going to be in it.

pac-man Mar 5th, 2009 04:57 PM

I wouldn't say that's the best thing. :\

electric ninja Mar 9th, 2009 02:59 AM

But it is a good thing, at least

executioneer Mar 9th, 2009 03:29 AM

sez you

pac-man Mar 9th, 2009 04:07 AM

Yeah, he totally ruined the first three :rolleyes

MetalMilitia Mar 9th, 2009 07:49 AM

Correction - he totally ruined number three. He's too friggin' old and out of shape to play that character any more. Without looking like a robot he's just a really poor actor.

pac-man Mar 9th, 2009 08:23 AM

Number three ruined number three, if you consider it a bad movie. Which I should've figured the refined, Julliard trained, AFI certified film buffs around here would. And if his face/voice is in it (as has been rumored) then he's still portraying the Terminator character. All the best action stars are bad actors, anyway, or at least one-dimensional. I don't know what kind of art house action movie you'd expect, but don't hold your breath for Sean Penn or Johnny Depp playing the T-800.

MetalMilitia Mar 9th, 2009 08:31 AM

Exactly they're all rather poor at acting but at least Segal, Lundgren, Stallone etc. are still in shape. The only thing arnie had going for him was his robot-like appearane and now he's lost that he's just another bad actor.

pac-man Mar 9th, 2009 08:42 AM

Just another bad actor? Actually, he's just another governor of California. Round is Steven Segal's shape. The last movie Lundgren starred in that got any attention was Universal Soldier about 15 or more years ago. I digress...

I'd blame a dozen people behind the scenes for the things I don't like about T3 before I even thought about saying Arnie was too old for it; I seriously doubt anyone around here has any room to talk about physiques, especially since Arnold was still ripped in Rise of the Machines.

ZeldaQueen Mar 9th, 2009 02:03 PM

I dunno what I think of this one. To me, one big element of the Terminator series was the fate element. Sara, John, and the various Terminators knew what the future was, so they try to change it somehow. There's the whole "no fate" thing, but there's also the Terminator saying that Judgement Day can't be changed, only stalled. Now that Judgement Day's happened, I don't see how there can still be that element of fighting the future.

electric ninja Mar 10th, 2009 01:39 AM

You can have a Terminator from the end of the war go back and try to kill John Conner at the begining of the war. Then you have the future fighting the even-more-into-the-future.
How's that fighting the future for 'ya!

pac-man Mar 10th, 2009 01:52 AM

Ninja please!

VaporTrailx1 Mar 10th, 2009 02:55 PM

How bought just have the movie as the war itself without anyone being sent back through time. They've been talking been talking about this war for 3 films now. It's time to show the damn war. BTW, wouldn't it be interesting if they made a Terminator movie where SkyNet sent robots into the future to rebuild itself incase it was defeated. You know when they'd least suspect it? Like in the year 2100?

Tadao Mar 10th, 2009 03:00 PM

Some theories say that you can't go forward in time, only back. So if you traveled back in time, there is no hope for you going back to the future and you live in a loop.

Angryhydralisk Mar 10th, 2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 618238)
Correction - he totally ruined number three. He's too friggin' old and out of shape to play that character any more. Without looking like a robot he's just a really poor actor.

He's got the Terminator role to a science. Hell, he's got stoic, unemotive mosnter to a science.

Zomboid Mar 10th, 2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 618533)
Some theories say that you can't go forward in time, only back. So if you traveled back in time, there is no hope for you going back to the future and you live in a loop.

That goes well with the theory that "hell is repetition." :(

Tadao Mar 10th, 2009 09:43 PM

I was thinking about that too! It would be total hell to be stuck in a Ground Hogs day scenario.