I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   OBLIVION: MMORPG REHAB (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20551)

the_dudefather Apr 20th, 2006 04:57 PM

do all the important npcs mearly stunned when you kill them? tried using my "go nuts for 60 so the guards whoop your ass" on one or two and got this was the effect.

propobly better in the long run as i might need them for quests

Supafly345 Apr 20th, 2006 08:08 PM

The people who get knocked out are the people that you need to finish the main quests (giulds, oblivion story, maybe more). But you can fail the side quests by killing someone you shouldn't have, but usually it just has a different outcome.

Chojin Apr 20th, 2006 10:22 PM

I didn't know Baurus could die during the quest where you get the 4th mythic dawn book ;< With my mods on it was way too hard to beat any of those fucks there, so i just stole the book off of the guy and then hauled ass out of there. I'LL NEVER KNOW IF BAURUS MADE IT ;_;

Ninjavenom Apr 21st, 2006 05:18 PM

Mine died during the quest where you follow him to the basement. I kinda... burned him alive :(

kahljorn Apr 21st, 2006 05:43 PM

I always feel so guilty when somebody dies during a quest that I restart ;(

You should see me in PVP games. Especially the ones wherein which you die you don't have a character anymore.

Tropical Apr 21st, 2006 06:50 PM

I got the Umbra Sword, which is supposedly the most powerful weapon in the game.

Weightless, 17DMG, Enchantment: Soul Trap 120 secs.

Getting was supposed to be fucking hard untill you're way late into the game. But there was a trick to buy shit loads of potions. Hit the person with the sword and fucking run a few miles into Talos District. The guards will kill her eventually and you can pick up the sword. (She kills like 14 guards before she croaks)

But, god damn i found out it's overrated. The upkeep is expensive as fuck. Unless you're a journeyman at Armory the thing is fucking expensive to fix at a low level.

So seriously, save that shit for later.

the_dudefather Apr 21st, 2006 07:07 PM

anyone else get that hideous npc stuck between one area and the next, as if existing between worlds and not 'in' the game?

kahljorn Apr 21st, 2006 07:52 PM

yea that happened to me at the sigil keeper at the first oblivion gateway thing ;(

ArrowX Apr 21st, 2006 07:59 PM

Has anyone else had Oblivion gates "spawn" around them? Theres this one video I saw a while back where a guy goes to one of the inns and then in the morning theres an oblivion gate like 30 metres into the trees that wasnt' there before.

Zomboid Apr 21st, 2006 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tropical
I got the Umbra Sword, which is supposedly the most powerful weapon in the game.

Weightless, 17DMG, Enchantment: Soul Trap 120 secs.

Getting was supposed to be fucking hard untill you're way late into the game. But there was a trick to buy shit loads of potions. Hit the person with the sword and fucking run a few miles into Talos District. The guards will kill her eventually and you can pick up the sword. (She kills like 14 guards before she croaks)

But, god damn i found out it's overrated. The upkeep is expensive as fuck. Unless you're a journeyman at Armory the thing is fucking expensive to fix at a low level.

So seriously, save that shit for later.

I don't think I'm even an expert armorer yet, but that fucker is useful for levelling that skill. It's one of my 7 main skills so I'm constantly needing shit to repair and it was the best for that till I gave it to one of the daedric shrines. Apparently you can refuse to hand it over to the daedra but suddenly it weighs like 45. I didn't bother, got a mask as good as a daedric helm (plus a 20 or so boost to your personality), and just use firebrand instead :O

Misdemonar Apr 21st, 2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StupidKraut
Has anyone else had Oblivion gates "spawn" around them? Theres this one video I saw a while back where a guy goes to one of the inns and then in the morning theres an oblivion gate like 30 metres into the trees that wasnt' there before.

Yeah, I walked around and the sky just turned red, and it was there.

Chojin Apr 24th, 2006 05:00 PM

So, thanks to OOO, the following happened yesterday:

Chojin says:
i was walking down the road and I saw a spriggan
SEVEN says:
oh no
Chojin says:
i had my trusty mountain cat with me
Chojin says:
so i yelled ATTACK and also summoned a flame elemental
Chojin says:
when the spriggan saw me she summoned a bear
Chojin says:
in the middle of this another spriggan caught on and joined in and summoned another bear
Chojin says:
all the noise pissed off an army of bloody hand goblins, about 12 of them
Chojin says:
at about this time, some bandits tried to rob everyone
Chojin says:
and then the newspaper delivery boy tried to ride through and his horse was instantly murdered
Chojin says:
it was like world war 2
Chojin says:
oh and some other bears joined in

Chojin Apr 24th, 2006 05:40 PM

SON OF GONDOR NO

Are you related to Sevenforce by any chance

I'M OK, REALLY.

BREAKING THE LAW ON MY WATC-ARAKKKLKAHJAJKAKL

I BELIEVE IN FEEDING THE NEEDY.

The Damp Moose Apr 24th, 2006 09:28 PM

So does anyone else have horrible framerates with this motherfucker?

I put all of the sliders on the lowest setting and I still get a clip show everytime I get hit with a fireball.

In addition to that I also did this video card tweak thing where I changed the number of pre-rendered frames from 3 to 0 which helped a little bit. Except now the game crashes every 15 minutes, which sucks harder.

It might have something to do with my having the minimum possible video card (Geforce 5700 FX).

So, anyone have any ideas? Or am I just screwed for another 6 months until I can get a better card?

kahljorn Apr 24th, 2006 10:12 PM

you're probably screwed ;(

Keep tweaking is my best suggestion.

The Damp Moose Apr 24th, 2006 10:15 PM

I'm not too familiar with, you know, screwing with things on my video card.

Am I running any sort of risk of melting it or otherwise fucking up something inside my computer?

kahljorn Apr 25th, 2006 12:10 AM

I didn't mean do anything to your videocard in particular i meant mess with in game settings. Those won't mess up your computer ;(

Try defragging and making sure you have more than 4 gbs of free space on your hard-drive.

Chojin Apr 25th, 2006 03:34 AM

http://www.i-mockery.com/chojin/obl/OblivionFire.avi

I make ONLY THE FINEST magical items ;<

http://www.i-mockery.com/chojin/obl/OblivionClouds.avi

Panning shot of the cloud effects in my weather mod.

http://www.i-mockery.com/chojin/obl/OblivionDancer.avi

Not safe for work. Or anyone :<

kahljorn Apr 25th, 2006 04:51 PM

which mods are you using now, chojin? I'm considering installing a weapon mod.

Chojin Apr 25th, 2006 11:09 PM

Chase Camera Mod - Hard-locks 3rd person camera to be more playable
Vanity Camera Smoother - Makes the vanity pan less sensitive
Potion Sorter - Sorts potions by name first, then strength (Restore Health, Diluted)
Spell Ranks - Sorts spells by name first, then strength (Flare II, Frost III)
Safe Archmage Storage - Puts storage chests in the Mages' Guilds
Retroactive Health - Makes your HP a dynamic value based on current endurance instead of a value that raises each level by a percentage of your endurance at that time.
Fathis Fix - Fixes a bug with the Fathis quest.
No Psychic Guards - Guards will only come running if within earshot.
Perception - Adds a perception spell that you can use to gauge an NPC's relative level.
Visually Enchanted - New effects for fire, shock, and frost-imbued items.
AddSpells - Adds the damage/drain attribute spells to some merchants in the Imperial City (these spells were accidentally made hard-to-get originally due to you out-levelling them)
Mages Guild Quest Fixes - As titled.
Call Steed - Can set markers on horses and summon them to your current location using your Conjuration skill.
MyBrumaFireplace - Fixes the fireplace in the purchasable house in Bruma.
Natural Water - Causes the water to behave and look more realistic.
Oblivion Cats - Adds domestic cats to the cities.
Saddle Bags - By sneaking and 'looting' your horse, you can load it up with a fair amount of gear to prevent you from having to run back to town after every dungeon crawl.
Natural Weather - Added weather effects.
Harvest - Botanical/Alchemical items will change appearence or disappear as appropriate when looted.
Pets Of Chorrol - Choose one of 4 permanent animal companions with some advanced command features.
AF Character Levelling Mod - Levelling becomes dynamic and fixes several core issues with Oblivion's original method. Choose 1 of 6 levelling algorithms.
Keychain - A keychain removes clutter from your inventory.
Attack And Hide - Adds the ability to hide from pursuing enemies instead of them clairvoyantly knowing where you are at all times. Also means you can make multiple sneak attacks while they try to figure out where you are.
Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul - Huge mod that changes the way Oblivion works in general, from spawn sizes to loot drops to difficulty, to new armors and effects.

the_dudefather Apr 26th, 2006 03:57 PM

the saddlebag and harvest patches sound good. lucky i still have my *ahem* legal version of oblivion for pc for mods and my xbox version for playing (runs a bit better)

kahljorn Apr 26th, 2006 10:58 PM

You don't need the legal version for mods ;O

Have you tried any of the weapon mods, chojin? LIke Kal's or 300 weapons? They are supposed to make it a little more dynamic so it doesn't feel like you're using the same weapon all the time.

Archduke Tips Apr 26th, 2006 11:55 PM

Your graphics card isn't the only thing that you need to think about for running this game. All your components have to work together well.... and I think the most neglected component that may seriously affect Oblivion performance is the sound card.

Without a good sound card, your CPU is going to have to do most of the work, and that will seriously slow down your performance.

Chojin Apr 27th, 2006 12:25 AM

I haven't, no. I don't even know what that is. :<

Saddlebags royally fucked me. I dumped a bunch of my shit onto the horse. Then, I couldn't ride it anymore, just use it for storage. So I mark it and try to summon it elsewhere. No dice. I go to a town and there's no message that the horse is in the stable, but he is anyway. Now I can only ride him, no inventory. No matter how many times I push that bastard off a cliff now, I'll never get all my loot back :<

kahljorn Apr 27th, 2006 02:11 AM

It modifies the weapons to make them more distinctive I guess; They adjusted the rates and damages to things like weight and reach to actual size in game. So they made the big hammers slower and lower reach but really strong; claymores faster, not as strong and have more reach than hammers, but still do alot more damage than regular swords or maces.

Was just curious if you had tried it out. I think I might try it out myself, just trying to decide which one.