I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

King Hadas Dec 15th, 2010 12:06 PM

I'm pretty sure that the enemies in the game are

Spoilers!

Schimid Dec 16th, 2010 06:47 PM

I'm trying to play Metro 2033 right now but the Goddamn thing keeps overheating my video card. I put it on the lowest settings but sure enough after fifteen minutes it fries out like I lodged cheese in the fan or something. I read somewhere that the game's graphical demands are near-Crysis levels so I'm not that upset, still sucks though.

Also playing Amnesia. Scariest game I've ever played.

OxBlood Dec 17th, 2010 03:50 AM

It´s a shame that Metro does thant since it´s really not a good game at all...I wouldn´t waste any time or effort in trying to get it to run, just skip it ;)

DougClayton4231 Dec 17th, 2010 03:56 PM

Metro 2033 has some of the most god-awful level design of this generation along with some of the least enjoyable sequences in history. Definitely avoid it if possible.

Dimnos Dec 17th, 2010 04:23 PM

Probably the biggest let down of the year. I REALLY wanted that game to be good. :(

darkvare Dec 17th, 2010 08:55 PM

so i got demon's souls and killed a weird black goo monster and didn't died once so i was happy about myself. i got back to nexus and pancake face tells me to talk to some child i talk try to get back down i fell and died losing all my souls and half my health :(

Fathom Zero Dec 17th, 2010 10:45 PM

hahahahahahaha

Yeah, the kid can be hard to find. The whole Nexus is fuck hard to navigate.

Charlie.Burp Dec 17th, 2010 11:50 PM

All I've been hearing kids talk about in my school is "Call of duty: Black Ops" I've played Call of duty before and I really wanna try Black Ops.
I'm also a huge fan of "The Sims" :love

Esuohlim Dec 18th, 2010 12:27 AM

I AM PLAYING POKEMON RED FOR A GOOD OL' DOSE OF FAGGY NOSTALGIA

Except that it's so much easier than I remember. I'm done with finals so I've been playing it while simultaneously watching episodes of MST3K. 7.5 straight hours, man, today rocks.

Dimnos Dec 18th, 2010 12:31 AM

Monster Rancher is were it was at.

DougClayton4231 Dec 18th, 2010 09:13 AM

I just finished Enslaved yesterday and all I can say is "Holy shit what a fantastic game." It's a shame that they decided to release it during the holiday season rather than waiting until January or February when there is less competition.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 18th, 2010 10:36 AM

X-Men arcade game on Xbox live.

DougClayton4231 Dec 18th, 2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 708064)
X-Men arcade game on Xbox live.

So lucky lol.

Fathom Zero Dec 20th, 2010 12:21 AM

I don't have X-Men, Jesus Christ. >:

Sam Dec 20th, 2010 03:58 AM

That doesn't mean I won't invite you to play it every time I see you online.

Charlie.Burp Dec 20th, 2010 12:23 PM

Sims 3. The one for the computer :)

Dimnos Dec 20th, 2010 01:39 PM

10k and Sam have X-Men? Now I have to buy it. :)

Dimnos Dec 20th, 2010 01:40 PM

Dibs on Colossus.

Pentegarn Dec 20th, 2010 05:11 PM

I gotta grab that now, dibs on Nightcrawler

Sam Dec 20th, 2010 09:23 PM

GET IT, YOU BITCHES.

Fathom Zero Dec 20th, 2010 09:35 PM

STEAM SALE - BOUGHT SUPER MEAT BOY AND VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV FOR ABOUT $6.

MLE Dec 21st, 2010 09:30 PM

Playing the DC Universe Online beta. It's actually fantastic. It's at least as good as City of Heroes/Villains, and much better than Champions Online.

Just preordered it too!

LordSappington Dec 22nd, 2010 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 708385)
STEAM SALE - BOUGHT SUPER MEAT BOY AND VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV FOR ABOUT $6.

SOO-PEHR MEAT BOOYYY
Fucking love this game. It's hard as hell, though; I'm on the fourth chapter, and I think I have maybe 15 bandages.
I'm between three hard games now; Ninja Gaiden 2, Red Alert 3, and Super Meat Boy.

Dimnos Dec 22nd, 2010 11:21 AM

Got X Men arcade last night. Joined a game already at Magneto and beat the game within five min of downloading. :lol

darkvare Dec 22nd, 2010 11:27 AM

demon's souls is kicking my ass so i'm cheating by going to the shrine of the storms killing a couple of skeletons and going back to nexus to level up

Fathom Zero Dec 22nd, 2010 02:29 PM

Killing that grim reaper looking motherfucker gives you a ton of souls.

darkvare Dec 22nd, 2010 03:56 PM

the jail is pretty cool level i keep diying but i found the trick to get thosse effing octopus headed douchebags and found out the legion look alike gives a lot of souls

Fathom Zero Dec 22nd, 2010 04:30 PM

I hated the jail level. It's the only one I wouldn't replay. I kept getting lost in that fucking thing.

LordSappington Dec 22nd, 2010 07:21 PM

Unlocking The Kid from IWBTG in Super Meat Boy is exactly as difficult as you'd expect. Goddamn, I thought I was done with that stupid game for good.

Fathom Zero Dec 22nd, 2010 08:08 PM

Five fucking hours. >:

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 22nd, 2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 708599)
Got X Men arcade last night. Joined a game already at Magneto and beat the game within five min of downloading. :lol

Yeah, the only achievement I have left on it is beating it with all 6 chars.

Didn't quite live up to my memories but I'll play anytime. Japanese mode collossus is ridiculous.

I also have a Dazzler rap over the beat of Collossus' "Yuuurrraaaawww"

Dimnos Dec 23rd, 2010 12:19 PM

I noticed that Japanese mode. Whats the story on that?

DougClayton4231 Dec 23rd, 2010 01:20 PM

NBA Jam on the Wii is by far the most entertaining game ever lol.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 23rd, 2010 04:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktNgVmySQ5k
:lol rebooting stuff is gay.

Also I was sick the other day so I stayed home. Booted up TF2 and saw there was a new update. Fucking LOVE the Demo and Medic's new gear. Medieval mode is pretty shitty, but whatever.

darkvare Dec 23rd, 2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 708739)
NBA Jam on the Wii is by far the most entertaining game ever lol.

i saw it on wal mart for xbox 360 but i had no cash lol

DougClayton4231 Dec 24th, 2010 08:51 AM

It's worth the money if you have someone to play it on the couch next to you. Playing it alone is nowhere near as fun. But the 360 version has online multiplayer.

OxBlood Dec 26th, 2010 02:12 PM

Just finished Deadly Premonition. Just awesome. Enjoyed every minute of it.

Fathom Zero Dec 26th, 2010 03:34 PM

I loved how they were all like IT'S THIS GUY, BUT IT ISN'T NOW, BUT IT IS AGAIN HAHA GOT YOU!

Phoenix Gamma Dec 26th, 2010 08:10 PM

3rd Birthday. I never played thr first two Parasite Eve games so I have no idea what's going on. Plus the dialog is Japanese so I REALLY have no idea what's going on. And the levels are pretty fucking weird. I think the third mission involves going into a giant tree/hive to fight the parasite inside the void inside the tree as it eats Manhattan? The the streets start bleeding? And you can possess people?

The body swapping mechanic is actually really awesome though. And the game has no loading screens so it's a PSP game that's actually good for portable play. The TPS and RPG elements aren't terribly deep but it's a pretty fun game with some interesting mission scenarios.

Speaking of third person shooter RPGs, I'm downloading Mass Effect 1 and 2 on Steam right now as part of the sale. I hear the second game is supposed to be the second coming of Jesus Christ or something like that.

Pentegarn Dec 26th, 2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 708910)
3rd Birthday. I never played thr first two Parasite Eve games so I have no idea what's going on. Plus the dialog is Japanese so I REALLY have no idea what's going on. And the levels are pretty fucking weird. I think the third mission involves going into a giant tree/hive to fight the parasite inside the void inside the tree as it eats Manhattan? The the streets start bleeding? And you can possess people?

Sounds like it fits right in with Parasite Eve 1 and 2 based off that description though

monster_movie_night Dec 27th, 2010 04:02 AM

I gonna sell all of my PS2 games just to trade it in for a Wii for 129$ I have about 52 games on my PS2 it would of been 80 if I hadn't sold them seperately.Theirs So many games I had miss out on including Punch-Out,Zelda:twilight princess' Mario Galaxy 1 and 2,Super Paper Mario,Wario Ware:Smooth move,BoombloX,Mario kart circuit and Super Smash Bros:Brawl .I already getting Super Mario Bros tomorrow. Now, all i need is to do is get my mind set on the wii Cause damnit I had miss out on so fricken much off this

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 27th, 2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 708736)
I noticed that Japanese mode. Whats the story on that?

It's way better. Instead of using your health bar when using your powers you can use them up to six times via an energy meter. Then it will start to drain your health when your. There was also power up health packs and energy packs that can restore health and energy respectively.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 708913)
Sounds like it fits right in with Parasite Eve 1 and 2 based off that description though

Pretty much. They previewed it during comic con this year and it felt like squishing down a cream cheese bagel.

__________________________________________________ ______

I finally beat Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. I accidently ruined the ending for myself before the game came out but when I finally saw it my jaw still dropped.

Dimnos Dec 27th, 2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 708945)
It's way better. Instead of using your health bar when using your powers you can use them up to six times via an energy meter. Then it will start to drain your health when your. There was also power up health packs and energy packs that can restore health and energy respectively.

So you mean its possible to beat without dumping $20 of quarters hitting continue a million times? :eek

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10k
I finally beat Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. I accidently ruined the ending for myself before the game came out but when I finally saw it my jaw still dropped.

I need to get back on this. :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 27th, 2010 12:14 PM

Pretty much. Its infinite lives too as long as you remember to press A and select a char. I got close to 400 kills with collossus. Just stand in the bottom right corner of the screen exploding each time a new wave of enemies come onto the screen. Also SAM figured out you can use your power while jumping. So I would jump around with Collossus exploding.

I need to go back through LOS and do all the challenges now for the stupid points.

Also, DLC is coming out as a sequel and a prequel.

Shadowdancer21b Dec 27th, 2010 09:46 PM

Evolution for the Dreamcast. It's a dungeon crawler. I like it okay. Might post a review later. Won't bother posting it here.

Dimnos Dec 27th, 2010 11:18 PM

Did I read somewhere that they were releasing a bunch of dreamcast games on PSN or XBL?

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 28th, 2010 09:08 AM

I reviewed a cd when I first started posting here. No one bothered to post about it or read it or anything. I realized that no one cared though.

Dimnos Dec 28th, 2010 11:07 AM

Damn Ox... I think its about time you stepped away from minecraft dude.

darkvare Dec 28th, 2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 708994)
Did I read somewhere that they were releasing a bunch of dreamcast games on PSN or XBL?

i think there's also a disc coming out with a bunch of games if i recall correctly

Fathom Zero Dec 28th, 2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer21b (Post 708993)
Evolution for the Dreamcast. It's a dungeon crawler. I like it okay. Might post a review later. Won't bother posting it here.

Had that game. It was okay.

Shadowdancer21b Dec 28th, 2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 709046)
Had that game. It was okay.

Yeah, It's pretty meh. I guess it's okay but nothing to write home about.

Fathom Zero Dec 28th, 2010 10:18 PM

I suppose it was nice that I could see some of my character's stats on the VMU.

Zomboid Dec 29th, 2010 03:25 AM

Splatterhouse, Raging Blast 2, and RDR Undead Nightmare.

All three are pretty fun so far. I really like playing RDR again.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 29th, 2010 01:29 PM

Working on Mass Effect. Ashley's a fucking cunt and I wish I killed her but I left her in charge of the fucking nuke and didn't want her to fuck up the whole mission >: First she kills my bro Wrex and I have to reload my save and start the mission over, then she's all pissy because I'd rather fuck a blue slut than an obnoxious cunt.

executioneer Dec 29th, 2010 02:29 PM

yeah shes totally a space racist too, fuck that

Dimnos Dec 29th, 2010 03:03 PM

Not to mention she looks like her dad smashed her face in with a 2x4 when she was a kid. :\

Phoenix Gamma Dec 29th, 2010 05:08 PM

Pretty much all of the humans in ME1 are ugly as sin :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 709104)
yeah shes totally a space racist too, fuck that

That didn't really bother me as much until someone pointed it out to me. She's all "SHOULD WE REALLY LET THESE ALIENS ON THE SHIP? LISTEN TO ME I HAVE DADDY ISSUES" and I'm all "LOOK AT THEM. THEY'RE ALIENS! THAT'S SO AWESOME. Also 'aliens' outnumber humans so that's really a retarded term, dear. Might as well call them 'minorities'. Anyways I'm gonna go talk to Garrus now cause he's fucking awesome. We're gonna hunt a fucked up organ doctor guy."

This game doesn't let me rip on Ashley or high five the others as much as I want >:

EDIT: I just fucked Liara. "That was amazing!" "HURR NO YOU WERE AMAZING. BTW I'M SUDDENLY FULLY CLOTHED NOW." That was more awkward than my first time. I never want to fuck in a video game ever again :(

EDIT: Aaaand I just beat it. Most annoying final boss I've fought in awhile. Curious as to why it didn't ask me to save at the end, though I skipped the credits so maybe that's why...hopefully this won't fuck up my ME2 game.

darkvare Dec 29th, 2010 09:07 PM

i managed to beat a huge tongued demon a weird worm demon and the fools idol i love this game i keep getting killed and raped by dumb little monsters and once an effing rat but i can't stop playing

Phoenix Gamma Jan 2nd, 2011 05:43 AM

20 hours into Mass Effect 2. Holy shit, I'm hooked. Just played through the Shadow Broker DLC. What a fantastic side story. I'm kinda bummed Liara's pretty much not coming back in ME3 because she was really entertaining in this story. I pretty much love every character who isn't Jack, so I love the loyalty missions. I still haven't even finished the main story yet because I actually give a fuck about doing all the missions this time.

Best Star Trek game ever.

Fathom Zero Jan 2nd, 2011 11:12 AM

Miranda's a cunt, too. I dun get it.

Fathom Zero Jan 2nd, 2011 01:47 PM

Found my copy of Shadow Hearts! Imma do sum footwerk

Phoenix Gamma Jan 2nd, 2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 709479)
Miranda's a cunt, too. I dun get it.

I don't get the hate for Miranda. She's certainly not the most likable, but she doesn't trigger my latent misogyny the way Ashley does. Hearing her bitch at me in ME2 made me really wish that I had abandoned the nuke and left her to die. At least Tali is way more awesome now with her new powers so I can actually bring her into battle, and she didn't go psycho like Liara, so bonus points for her.

Pretty much all the guys barring Grunt are awesome, though. Also, Mordin singing Modern Major General; didn't see that coming. Or that mean right hook.

Dimnos Jan 4th, 2011 01:30 AM

Mordin was probably my fav character in 2.

Fathom Zero Jan 4th, 2011 01:36 AM

I like Mordin, Garrus became a billion times more interesting, and the Justicar chick was pretty cool.

Jack was mildly interesting and Tali was the one I totally had crazy spacesex with.

Dimnos Jan 4th, 2011 10:52 AM

I wanted sex Tali up in the first one. Because she wouldnt I felt "That ship has sailed bitch" in the 2nd. :\

Phoenix Gamma Jan 4th, 2011 12:37 PM

Just beat it. Jack and all the NPCs died because Illusive Man told me to make sure I'm prepared and I did three too many missions. Goddammit >: I don't miss Jack though. Told her to eat carpet during the Miranda fight. Fucking laughed when I read her poetry in the Shadow Broker's lair. I thought bringing her to the final battle would protect her from dieing on the defending team but Bioware was a step ahead of me. Ah well.

Mordin's definitely a favorite. I thought Garrus was already really likable in ME1 so seeing him toughen up in ME2 was pretty awesome. Tali was just adorable and only really creeped me out once she became perpetually horney (she sounds like an erotic novel character once you decide you're gonna fuck, and she googles "Human Mating Rituals" regardless.) The Shadow Broker DLC blew my mind and made Liara actually likable, and I dunno what'll go down in ME3 since I told her we're gonna have blue children then proceeded to unmask Tali.

Legion is really interesting, I thought. Mostly because his very existence is so weird and hard to understand. I really don't fully grasp him. I was pretty torn on what to do in his loyalty mission. That and the decision on whether to keep the Collector base actually had me alt tab out of the game and think about it for awhile.

Dimnos Jan 4th, 2011 12:42 PM

How the fuck do you lose people in the end? I just played through it and no one died. Just upgrade your ship god damn it and dont make retarded decisions when assigning people jobs for the final mission.

Fathom Zero Jan 4th, 2011 01:20 PM

AWWWW I just remembered Legion. He's (they're) my favorite.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 4th, 2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 709618)
How the fuck do you lose people in the end? I just played through it and no one died. Just upgrade your ship god damn it and dont make retarded decisions when assigning people jobs for the final mission.

Slow down hombre. Like I said:
Quote:

Told her to eat carpet during the Miranda fight.
I thought bringing her to the final battle would protect her from dieing on the defending team but Bioware was a step ahead of me.

Dimnos Jan 4th, 2011 03:28 PM

So she died because you told her to eat carpet? Or because you brought her with you?

I told Miranda to fuck off during their fight and took Jack with with me in the final fight because I felt she could kick more ass. She did kick more ass and lived to tell about it. Miranda, who I told to fuck off during the fight and later to defend that doorway or whatever it was where everyone else stayed while you do the final part of the final mission, also lived.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 4th, 2011 04:04 PM

Both. If someone's not loyal when they're in your party during the final fight, they die. I thought keeping her in my group would keep her alive because I figured Bioware wouldn't think to program someone dieing while they're in your party.

Someone told me leaving her with the defending party would have kept her alive so long as Grunt and Zaeed were there, but I don't miss Jack enough to replay the mission. She pisses me off just as much as Ashley.

Zomboid Jan 4th, 2011 04:47 PM

Yeah, everyone survived in my games. I wouldn't miss Jack either, though. Garrus and Legion were probably my favorites.

Just beat Splatterhouse. I've been playing Raging Blast 2 off and on, so I'll probably keep doing that and put more time into Undead Nightmare.

Chojin Jan 4th, 2011 05:43 PM

i played through ME1 in a few days, then moved on to ME2 and have been really disappointed so far. You can't walk around citadel much, the 'stores' might as well be dialog options, and I feel like a tremendous amount of control over my loadout has been taken away. There's no sense of economy, no sense of immersion since you just load everywhere instead of walking/elevatoring, reloading is stupid, and I miss being able to use my sniper rifle most of the time. I hate that they moved the freeze off of space so I switched it back, only now I have to push a different button to 'use' stuff since they insist on loading like 90 functions on the same buttons, but DIFFERENT functions than in ME1. FFFFFFUUUUUU

Combat does feel better and I like the addition of headshots.

I really wish I had done more of the side quests in ME1 :< I miss it terribly already. I'll still play through ME2 because I'm kinda attached to my character.

btw garrus is my homie too for reals

Phoenix Gamma Jan 4th, 2011 07:48 PM

I don't mind that you can't walk around the citadel much. The citadel in the first game was FUCK ELEVATORS JESUS FUCK WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME I'VE BEEN SO GOOD TO YOU VIDEO GAME. And I hated shopping in the first game because that involved using the second most miserable inventory system I've ever had to put up with in a video game (Final Fantasy XIV wins that award.)

Reloading bothered me for a few hours, but then I realized that it makes you aim your shots better and manage your weapons. Yea, you can spam the assault rifle at the Krogun, but you can save time and ammo if you switch to the hand canon. I love that alternate ammo is now a power instead of an upgrade, and the controls make more sense to me in ME2 than ME1 (kept hitting R expecting to reload. SILLY PG THERE IS NO RELOAD YOU JUST THREW A GRENADE).

Oh, and being a Vangaurd without being penalized for using something other than a pistol/shotgun is fantastic. I hated having only two weapons to use in the first game and two weapons I was shitty at. And I feel MORE immersed in ME2 since there's just so much more stuff crammed into it on top of the preestablished lore. There's more flesh this time around and they really put more thought into some of the locals.

Also, fuck the Mako. That shit was annoying and tedious.

I'm glad we all love Garrus though <3

LordSappington Jan 4th, 2011 08:11 PM

Downloaded the Scott Pilgrim game. It's a lot of fun, but it's really hard to play by yourself, unless you do what I did and fag it up using upgrades.

darkvare Jan 5th, 2011 12:42 AM

finished lords of shadow it was ok, one thing i really really hated was the platforming everything else is kinda meh but entertaining i liked the ending a lot though
Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 709711)
Downloaded the Scott Pilgrim game. It's a lot of fun, but it's really hard to play by yourself, unless you do what I did and fag it up using upgrades.

withou upgrades the last levels are impossible alone specially when some enemies take 90% of your health with 1 hit

LordSappington Jan 5th, 2011 03:56 AM

Yeah, Gideon is living up to his role as the final boss.
But there are some items, like the bionic arm or whatever, that raise stats by 50! It's too easy after that; all my stats are max 100, and I haven't even beaten the game.

Fathom Zero Jan 5th, 2011 04:16 AM

Hey Sam, my K/D ratio is better than yours in AssCreed.

OxBlood Jan 5th, 2011 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 709014)

Damn Ox... I think its about time you stepped away from minecraft dude.

Huh? I stepped away from Minecraft in November already ;) But thatīs a nice base there, whoever built it. But Iīll give it another look in the coming months since itīs in Beta now and that means: more content.

I rewarded myself for getting a new job by finally buying a Wii and thatīs about all Iīm playing right now. Monster Hunter, Rune Factory and No more heroes 1. Though 8 other games already wait to be played later. Yes, I know but those things donīt cost as much so thereīs more games for my monthly gaming-budget :)

Dimnos Jan 5th, 2011 09:30 AM

Thats the entire world map from Link to the Past that some a-hole build in minecraft.

OxBlood Jan 5th, 2011 03:07 PM

...you´re right...I´m impressed :)

stevetothepast Jan 5th, 2011 03:11 PM

ya that's cool. shoulda made the dark world though.

executioneer Jan 5th, 2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 709740)
But there are some items, like the bionic arm or whatever, that raise stats by 50! It's too easy after that; all my stats are max 100, and I haven't even beaten the game.

it's actually more cost-effective to raise your DEF and WP stats at the store inside Leo's Place (hipster cap) and your STR and SPD at the record store(smashing turnips, crash and the boys) than buying stuff at the secret store. it's even more cost effective to use one character to pay off scott's late fees, then all four characters can use the video store and that's retardedly cheap (+10 to all 4 stats and +100xp for $4.95)

Dr. Boogie Jan 5th, 2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 709740)

Then try beating the final level without using any weapons.

Fathom Zero Jan 5th, 2011 07:30 PM

@chojin

LordSappington Jan 6th, 2011 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 709766)
it's actually more cost-effective to raise your DEF and WP stats at the store inside Leo's Place (hipster cap) and your STR and SPD at the record store(smashing turnips, crash and the boys) than buying stuff at the secret store. it's even more cost effective to use one character to pay off scott's late fees, then all four characters can use the video store and that's retardedly cheap (+10 to all 4 stats and +100xp for $4.95)

I read that somewhere, but I had already maxed out most stats by then.
Also thinking about getting the new New Vegas DLC. Definitely going to Gamestop the 9th so I can snag the poster they have for it. :rock

Zhukov Jan 6th, 2011 03:54 AM

The new Donkey Kong is pretty good. Easier than I thought though.

Dimnos Jan 6th, 2011 12:05 PM

Finally got around to playing Ultimate Alliance 2. Gambit will fucking own your ass. That is all.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 6th, 2011 05:30 PM

I ended up playing as Juggernaut and Deadpool pretty much the entire game for UA2. Deadpool because he's the closest to Nightcrawler from the x-men legends games.

Dead Rising 2: Case West.

darkvare Jan 6th, 2011 05:40 PM

i wanted to play as juggernaut but when i rented the game they already took him down for download

Dimnos Jan 6th, 2011 05:51 PM

Gambit + Deadpool + Storm + The Thing = No chance for the enemy :lol

Fathom Zero Jan 6th, 2011 06:29 PM

Playing Darksiders. A few times, I had to look up a guide to figure out how to do things. And a lot of the enemies are pretty cheap. Not that having it on the Apocalyptic difficulty helps anything.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 6th, 2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 709930)
Gambit + Deadpool + Storm + The Thing = No chance for the enemy :lol

Storm is fucking disgusting too. I use her with Thor.

Thor's ground special launches everyone into the air and then Storms wind blows everyone on the stage.

edit: Taking care of business.

Zhukov Jan 6th, 2011 08:00 PM

Hahaha.

Sam Jan 6th, 2011 10:01 PM

I'M THE SERVBOT.

Pentegarn Jan 6th, 2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 709788)
@chojin

That had to be a fuckload of work

Zomboid Jan 7th, 2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 709935)
Playing Darksiders. A few times, I had to look up a guide to figure out how to do things. And a lot of the enemies are pretty cheap. Not that having it on the Apocalyptic difficulty helps anything.

I loooove Darksiders. Great game. Almost definitely gonna be a sequel, too.

LordSappington Jan 7th, 2011 02:23 AM

Does anyone have an idea of how good the New Vegas DLC is? I'm thinking of getting it Sunday.

Fathom Zero Jan 7th, 2011 02:49 AM

From the look of it, it's pretty intense. High on ammo conservation, a lot of stealth-oriented stuff. There are tons of ghosts and scary shit. It's been compared to survival-horror type stuff.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 709974)
I loooove Darksiders. Great game. Almost definitely gonna be a sequel, too.

It's a beautiful game, I thought. I haven't beaten it yet, but the story is decent. I'd be excited for a sequel, so long as it runs smoother. The framerate seems kinda choppy sometimes.

OxBlood Jan 7th, 2011 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 709867)
Finally got around to playing Ultimate Alliance 2. Gambit will fucking own your ass. That is all.

I liked it but compared to the first one I thought it was a pretty big letdown. Everything was toned down, less powers, less customization, useless costumes...

I still got one of those Xmen games on PS2 lying around here somewhere, never played it, but as far as I remember, thereīs a lot more going on there in terms of customization...

I finished No more heroes. It was...okay Iīd say. Nothing too impressive. I expected it to be weirder somehow. That and the whole earning money just to get on with the story was fucking stupid. Glad they got rid of that in the sequel.