I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Dimnos Nov 18th, 2011 12:06 PM

I think I would have to join you. All I got is a cessna. :(

darkvare Nov 18th, 2011 06:56 PM

sorry i had to bail dimnos but i had to go, it was fun though and i got the season pass now

Emu Nov 20th, 2011 11:08 AM

Radiant Historia is a pretty good game! It's got an interesting layout to its story where you have to go back in time to certain 'nodes' which are points that history branches and you can make alternative decisions in order to affect the future. Battle system is also quite fun.

Pharmasweaves Nov 21st, 2011 10:52 AM

I had been playing Radiant Historia but now i cant remember what im supposed to be doing, its def something you gotta keep notes on

Phoenix Gamma Nov 21st, 2011 07:06 PM

I was going to play Skyward Sword's Hero Mode but then I decided to do it in real life

Spoilers!

Also Mario 3D Land is what happens when Mario 3 fucks Mario Galaxy and they have a baby.

Hydraulic_Brains Nov 22nd, 2011 05:33 PM

I'm playing half-life 2 (on the orange box). It never gets old!

Guitar Woman Nov 22nd, 2011 09:22 PM

God of War for the first time. I really shouldn't have put this game off for so long because it's totally fucking awesome.

The Warriors is good too, although the levels seem kinda tiny.

Dimnos Nov 22nd, 2011 10:42 PM

I didn't care for god of war, any of them really. Ninja gaiden its where its at. :posh

darkvare Nov 22nd, 2011 10:58 PM

we need to go on more killing sprees on saints row i got a lunar bugy now and a fliying motorcycle and my character is dressed up even sluttier now :D

Dimnos Nov 22nd, 2011 11:08 PM

You got that lunar buggy? I had to go to work in the middle of that mission. I'm going to run around in a thong and lucha mask.

OxBlood Nov 23rd, 2011 03:32 PM

Just finished Saints Row 3...it was good but I was still kinda disappointed. The game is horrible in terms of story presentation, SR2 did a better job at that, everything feeled so rushed here...that and its too short, once you approach the last 3 or 4 missions it still feels like you´re about to finish Act 1 or something.

But, it´s still a great game :)

Dimnos Nov 23rd, 2011 04:15 PM

SR3 is all about the multiplayer.

darkvare Nov 23rd, 2011 04:55 PM

nothing beats cars surfing upside down and naked

Dimnos Nov 23rd, 2011 07:17 PM

Plowing head on into oncoming traffic to watch you go flying off the hood is pretty close.

k0k0 Nov 23rd, 2011 07:21 PM

Shit I want saint's row badly...but then I really want Rayman Origins badly too. I can't decide and I can only get one since I got paid today.

darkvare Nov 23rd, 2011 07:35 PM

i also got my free digital copy of saints row 2 today

Dimnos Nov 24th, 2011 12:31 AM

Free digital copy what?

OxBlood Nov 24th, 2011 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 750451)
SR3 is all about the multiplayer.

Hm, maybe but I really donīt want any other players in my City ;) So yeah, pure Singleplayer it is.

Besides I gotta get back to Skyrim anyway...

darkvare Nov 24th, 2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 750512)
Free digital copy what?

is pretty smiple just go to downloadable games and since you cashed your online pass for the third find saints row 2 and it should be marked free

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 24th, 2011 11:29 PM

Fuck the horses in skyrim. This asshole horse turned on me then chased me up a tower for 20 minutes. My gf asked me if I was fighting a boss because it kept whomping on me.

Zhukov Nov 25th, 2011 06:56 PM

I've been playing Far Cr 2. Everyone tells me it's rubbish, but I enjoy it.

k0k0 Nov 25th, 2011 08:15 PM

I enjoyed Far Cry 2 until I got to about 72 percent done and my gamesaves corrupted. I replayed it to about 66 percent and got corrupted again. They may have patched that, but I will probably never find out. It was a good game but pissed me off because I could never complete it.

Zomboid Nov 25th, 2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 750560)
Fuck the horses in skyrim. This asshole horse turned on me then chased me up a tower for 20 minutes. My gf asked me if I was fighting a boss because it kept whomping on me.

I had this really aggressive horse named Frost, and when I left this dungeon that I'd just cleared, he was laying dead outside. I found a frost troll a little ways away and killed the fuck out of him.

Fathom Zero Nov 25th, 2011 10:32 PM

Shadowmere kills things I can't even see.

Dimnos Nov 25th, 2011 10:48 PM

Far Cry 2...

I got about half way into it and just couldnt give a shit anymore. I had it on xbox though. I hear they have some sweet patches and mods for it on pc.

Mad Melvin Nov 26th, 2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 750649)
Far Cry 2...

I got about half way into it and just couldnt give a shit anymore. I had it on xbox though. I hear they have some sweet patches and mods for it on pc.

You heard wrong. There are no modding tools or any playworthy mods for it. It's just as shitty and boring on a PC.

Dimnos Nov 26th, 2011 11:54 AM

Well there you have it then. I must have been thinking of another shitty game.

Zhukov Nov 26th, 2011 12:02 PM

:lol I bought it when it came out - stopped playing it when I was 15% in because my save was corrupted.

Came back to it yesterday - got 45% in and am now thoroughly bored shitless.

k0k0 Nov 26th, 2011 01:03 PM

The level editor in that game was awesome though. If only people actually played levels online. I remember someone built a titanic using it. I mainly would just build giant towers you'd have to climb.

LordSappington Nov 29th, 2011 11:58 AM

I tried the Survival game mode on MW3 yesterday, and it's actually pretty fun. They give you a lot of maps, each with enough room to move around, but still small enough that there's pressure. I like how every map never makes you feel confined; there's almost always a way out of the location you're in, so you never feel like you trapped yourself.

Esuohlim Nov 29th, 2011 02:07 PM

MOTHER 3

OK I hit that point in Chapter 4 where Lucas has to push those tired clay dudes to the revitalizer thing and I'm honestly so bored that I haven't played in about two weeks. There was a similar mindless task like this in the last chapter where the monkey had to deliver boxes to four different houses on the map. That's not fun. Fuck that.

Instead of enjoying the game as I'm playing it I'm constantly in an impatient hurry to move on to the next thing. :(

Mad Melvin Nov 30th, 2011 07:14 AM

Gots me Saint Row 3. Should keep me busy for a while (in co-op mode, of course).

Dimnos Nov 30th, 2011 09:15 AM

Ps3 or xbox Melvin?

Mad Melvin Nov 30th, 2011 05:51 PM

PC. I usually use PC for co-op games, even though I do have an XBOX.

darkvare Nov 30th, 2011 06:14 PM

now you can't play with me or dimnos

Mad Melvin Nov 30th, 2011 06:22 PM

Do you guys usually use an xbox or a ps3 for co-op?

Dimnos Nov 30th, 2011 06:24 PM

Ps3 as it saves me $60.

darkvare Nov 30th, 2011 06:24 PM

if the game has co op i always buy it for console in this case we got the ps3 version

dextire Dec 1st, 2011 01:08 AM

Read Dead Redemption: GOTYE. I rushed beating the game when it first came out, so I bought the edition with all the DLCs and Undead Nightmare included so I can 100% complete it this time.

OxBlood Dec 1st, 2011 04:04 PM

I got Anno 2070 today. The theme is just awesome, motivates me much more than the medivalish one...

Zhukov Dec 1st, 2011 11:25 PM

Cool. I want that game.

OxBlood Dec 2nd, 2011 01:22 AM

I really like how the global-warming setting and the whole melting of the icecaps-stuff creates a scenario where I don´t question the factions´ decisions to settle on super-small islands all the time, it´s simply all that´s left :)

Now, I´ve never played the Anno-games very extensively but this feels at the same time a bit slimlined and more user-friendly but I can´t really say why...I guess it´s because of EVE, the AI telling you what´s wrong all the time, giving advice and managing the massive encyclopedia-function of the game.

Gameplaywise it seems to be how I remember Anno. Build houses, satisfy demands to level up your population and get access to more buildings.
It all just feels cooler this time around. Sure, I plant rice fields in the beginning to create booze for my Tychoons (stupid name btw) but later on, I built outposts on neighbouring islands to drill for oil, process and manufacture it into plastics on-site to ship it back to my main island.
It´s just plain fun to watch all the buildings operate as this game is really really pretty, no matter if you build a nice and green Eco-Island or some dense, smoggy Tychoon-Settlement. I haven´t tried out the military aspect so I can´t comment on that yet.

And hey, even the campaign is fun so far :)

All Hail Duke Dec 2nd, 2011 02:27 AM

a pirated copy of gta san andreas, never finished it on ps2
not fond of playing it w/ a keyboard but i'm getting used to it

Guitar Woman Dec 3rd, 2011 01:59 AM

I gave Serious Sam 3 a shot after preordering it.

Turns out I really suck at this game because I'm getting my shit handed to me on level 3. It's still fucking awesome though.

timrpgland Dec 3rd, 2011 11:48 PM

Batman: AC is pissing me off. Started up my new game plus save again and the autosave broke. Every time I go by the GCPD building Vicki Vale keeps asking to be rescued even though she has been. Then the autosave never kicks in after that point... Trying to figure out the issue. Hate losing playtime.

Playing Secret of Mana through on coop. Unfortunately I don't have the multi-tap so just 2 player. Been a long time since playing it. We're at the desert now.

Pentegarn Dec 4th, 2011 01:08 AM

I remember the desert part really sucking, but it has been awhile. Coincidentally I am playing Sword of Mana which was a remake of Final Fantasy Adventure, which was called something else originally in Japan, which was the predecessor of Secret of Mana.

OxBlood Dec 4th, 2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 751363)
I remember the desert part really sucking, but it has been awhile. Coincidentally I am playing Sword of Mana which was a remake of Final Fantasy Adventure, which was called something else originally in Japan, which was the predecessor of Secret of Mana.

You mean Mystic Quest?

Iīm playing Skyward Sword which...is pretty good to be honest. Itīs just something about these Zelda-games that keeps me coming back.

stevetothepast Dec 4th, 2011 08:31 AM

final fantasy mystic quest is basically no fun at all. My Secret of Mana doesn't save anymore :(

zerothree Dec 4th, 2011 08:23 PM

Final Fantasy Adventure is the first Seiken Densetsu, then comes Secret of Mana, then (the awesome) Seiken Densetsu 3, then I guess Sword of Mana on PS... or something, I guess. I dunno. There's probably more.

King Hadas Dec 5th, 2011 12:09 AM

That's a common marketing strategy for Square. They released the first three SaGa games over here as Final Fantasy Legends, and the third Legends game is used as a template for Mystic Quest. By the way, Mystic Quest was localized in Japan as Final Fantasy USA: Mystic Quest which I can only see as a way of slighting Americans, which is pretty funny.

Dimnos Dec 5th, 2011 02:14 AM

Rage. It mostly blows. :\

OxBlood Dec 5th, 2011 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerothree (Post 751440)
Final Fantasy Adventure is the first Seiken Densetsu, then comes Secret of Mana, then (the awesome) Seiken Densetsu 3, then I guess Sword of Mana on PS... or something, I guess. I dunno. There's probably more.

Theres Legend of Mana on the PS1 which I havenīt played very extensively yet but it seemed rather mediocre...

Kudos for mentioning Seiken 3 though, itīs my favorite from the series, way better than Secret of Mana, at least to me. Feels more polished and youīre not playing little Kids if you donīt want to.

kahljorn Dec 5th, 2011 05:45 PM

Legend of Mana was kinda fun

youd probably like it cause you can build your own weapons and stuff

darkvare Dec 5th, 2011 09:41 PM

i'm playing chrono trigger for some reason and i got stuck with the stupid bosses that masa mune guys build :\

MarioRPG Dec 6th, 2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 751532)
i'm playing chrono trigger for some reason and i got stuck with the stupid bosses that masa mune guys build :\

Whenever I play through that game I get stuck on the Mt. Woe boss and stop playing.

kahljorn Dec 6th, 2011 06:40 PM

i just realized i have a supernintendo and the original chrono trigger here somewhere

Esuohlim Dec 7th, 2011 12:15 AM

I've never played past 12,000 BC or whatever. I don't even know how far from the end that is.

darkvare Dec 7th, 2011 09:59 AM

well i beat them and now i'm at magus castle triying to defeat a trasgender magician or something

Dimnos Dec 7th, 2011 03:36 PM

Batman Arkham City. Cool game although I am getting a little tired of missions that are "go hear and realize you cant do anything and leave." or the "race across the city to answer a dumb phone when you really want to be doing something else."

Fathom Zero Dec 7th, 2011 07:30 PM

Orcs Must Die.

I've been playing it for the past 5 hours and I think I'm going to keep replaying it. Love them leaderboards.

Pharmasweaves Dec 8th, 2011 12:23 AM

Ive been playing skyward sword for a while now got it on release day, i think im at the final boss now so now its time to go back and finish up all the side quests before beating it

darkvare Dec 9th, 2011 11:33 AM

i got killing floor someone play with me goddamn it

Fathom Zero Dec 9th, 2011 12:02 PM

Saints Row - The Third has the single worst story of any game I've ever played. It's the most unimportant piece of garbage I've ever played. I'm so happy I didn't pay full-price for it and I'd dissuade anyone from buying it if I could.

Mad Melvin Dec 9th, 2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 751903)
Saints Row - The Third has the single worst story of any game I've ever played. It's the most unimportant piece of garbage I've ever played. I'm so happy I didn't pay full-price for it and I'd dissuade anyone from buying it if I could.

You bought this game for the story? What the hell man? The story was stupid in the second one aswell, but that didn't stop the game from being FUN. SR3 is an extremely fun co-op game where everything is over the top and stupid. In a good way. If you're looking for a gripping storyline, I suggest finding a game where you don't slap people in the face with a giant dildo while wearing a string bikini and a trashcan on your head.

Fathom Zero Dec 9th, 2011 04:21 PM

The story in the second one was absolutely fantastic. The characters were all interesting and I can remember every one of them. It'd be pure luck if I could name any of the Saints in the Third, besides Johnny Gat and they killed him in the first ten fucking minutes. There's no conflict in the third game. I'm constantly unlocking more and more overpowered weaponry and I never feel like my character is being at all challenged.

Compare that to the first one where your character has to break out of prison and start with absolutely nothing, rebuilding the fallen empire. The same thing happens in the third game, except you get everything nearly everything back in the second mission and antagonist after antagonist falls until you're ultimately left with a shitty paramilitary organization.

If anything, it's made me more excited for GTA V, where I can do crazy shit and the story is actually shown some care.

Sam Dec 9th, 2011 05:03 PM

SAINTS ROW THE THIRD IS AWESOME, FUCK THE HATERS.

darkvare Dec 9th, 2011 06:04 PM

i'm getting all the trophies just a couple more and bam i have my saints row 3 platinum

Emu Dec 9th, 2011 06:40 PM

Been loading up on DS stuff. Playing Solatorobo lately, which is both very furry and very fun! It's probably the closest thing we're gonna get to Mega Man Legends 3.

King Hadas Dec 9th, 2011 07:43 PM

I've been playing through the first six Megamans. I remember them being so hard but, maybe because I've been trained on Super Meat Boy, I'm breezing through these game with relative ease. And I'm not using any energy tanks or exploiting Robot Master's weapon weaknesses (in MM4 these actually make the Robot Masters harder). I'm on the fifth game now and so far MM3 is still my favorite.

Dr. Boogie Dec 9th, 2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 751892)
i got killing floor someone play with me goddamn it

I'm game. Steam tag is Flea Friend.

I think Lord Sappington has it, too.

darkvare Dec 9th, 2011 10:07 PM

i can't find that steam tag

Dr. Boogie Dec 10th, 2011 12:22 PM

Oh, forgot the underscore.

Flea_Friend

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 10th, 2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pharmasweaves (Post 751731)
Ive been playing skyward sword for a while now got it on release day, i think im at the final boss now so now its time to go back and finish up all the side quests before beating it

I haven't talked to anyone who played it. Why is Trunks from dbz the villian?

Fathom Zero Dec 11th, 2011 10:05 PM

About to play Dwarf Fortress. Will try not to kill myself.

OxBlood Dec 12th, 2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 752019)

Itīs a secret to everybody.

Heīs just stupid, I donīt know who thought putting something like him into the story would benefit the game.

Iīm searching for three parts of...meh, you know itīs the triforce anyway...so yeah, itīs still a great game though the game world is really too small for my taste. Then again it makes for a more streamlined experience which might be just what I need right now.

Pentegarn Dec 13th, 2011 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 752019)

Is Akira Toriyama somehow involved in the game maybe? He recycles his 6 character templates into everything he does. Maybe he is in this as well somewhere.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 13th, 2011 10:45 AM

I liked Ghirahim. Zelda hasn't had an active villain before, so it was nice to have someone routinely antagonize you instead of waiting to fight you at the end of the game. The final dual with him in just fantastic. It feels great to finally put an end to that fucker, and the game really builds up that moment.

My only gripe with SS is that the sky is pretty empty. I'd like flying a lot more if there were fun pitstops to make. That, and Fi is a shitty sidekick from a narrative and a gameplay standpoint. Other than that, everything is very solid. Exploration is more like Link's Awakening, which was more like Metroid. So that's cool. The combat is fantastic. The dungeons are really, really good (except the second fire dungeon. Why is there a second fire dungeon?) Ancient Cistern and the pirate ship are easily in the top 10 of the whole series.

OxBlood Dec 15th, 2011 06:00 AM

I´ve been playing El Shaddai for a while now. From a atmosphere or design point of view, this game is amazing, really amazing, it feels fresh. Sadly, the gameplay can´t really keep up with the rest...

Dimnos Dec 15th, 2011 11:15 AM

The demo was a shit load of seemingly pointless button mashing.

Dr. Boogie Dec 15th, 2011 04:17 PM

Seconded. All I heard about that game was that it looked great, but then you play the demo and realize it's no fun. Also, low-res textures.

darkvare Dec 15th, 2011 05:15 PM

but is in favor of the art you guys geez

OxBlood Dec 16th, 2011 03:11 AM

Right, I should add that I payed 8 bucks for the game, I´d be furious had I payed full price for a game with such weak gameplay as this.

And I seem to be unable to beat the final (?) boss...fucknugget has some really cheap attacks.

LordSappington Dec 16th, 2011 10:08 AM

Restarted Deus Ex. My goal for this playthrough: Anyone and anything that can be killed, must be. There will be absolutely no survivors by the end.
And holy shit you get practically no experience this way

Nick Dec 21st, 2011 10:54 AM

I've finally got around to playing Skyrim. When I'm not wasting time doing that I'm doing art work for the next game from the Terraria team.

Fathom Zero Dec 23rd, 2011 02:10 PM

Thanks to Steam wanting to take all of my money, I'll be fulfilling my dreams of becoming a Soviet sniper in Red Orchestra 2 from after the 26th up until I go back to school. Hit me up if you happen to have the game - all none of you.

Esuohlim Dec 23rd, 2011 03:05 PM

For y'all playin earthbound hit me up I'm in Summers

executioneer Dec 23rd, 2011 03:16 PM

too bad earthbound isn't an MMO

Fathom Zero Dec 23rd, 2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 752731)

S-siiiiiide

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 23rd, 2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 752732)
too bad earthbound isn't an MMO

I would be mm all o ver that.

Mad Melvin Dec 25th, 2011 07:44 AM

Got Skyrim for Christmas. Goodbye world.

Emu Dec 25th, 2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 752731)

Go talk to the socialist in the club, he's funny. also make sure you explore all over because there's a lot of stuff there to miss.

Fathom Zero Dec 25th, 2011 02:04 PM

I'm playing the Have To Wait and Go Home so I Can Play Hard Reset, Frozen Synapse, Red Orchestra 2, and Dungeons of Dredmor Game.

Hard Reset gives me a murder boner.

Esuohlim Dec 27th, 2011 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 752735)
S-siiiiiide

Are you confused? Yes means no and no means yes! Wel cometo Sidemoo nesidemoo nesidemoo...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 752844)
Go talk to the socialist in the club, he's funny. also make sure you explore all over because there's a lot of stuff there to miss.

I'm just past the part now where I always feel I did something out of order. Summers --> Boat ---> Defeat the Kraken --> Scaraba --> Pyramid is locked --> Wait hold on a second you gotta go back to Fourside, enter the sewers from the dinosaur museum, "Your Sanctuary" #5, get Carrot Key, "Your Sanctuary" #6 --> OK, now we're back on track, go back to history museum in Summers and get the code to open the pyramid

I've played this game through about a dozen times and I always feel like this is how it plays out. And there's no real common sense way of figuring out how to progress during this section either, so I actually have to make use of the Hint guy a few times.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 27th, 2011 10:35 AM

I got Skyrim for Christmas.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Waiting for something good to pop up on the Steam sale. Everything so far was either bought already or didn't look that great. I downloaded the iOS port of Final Fantasy Tactics, which is just the PSP port, except it doesn't run like garbage, which means I might be motivated to play through it finally.

Chojin Dec 27th, 2011 12:57 PM

skyrim and wwe'12

playable JR, Michael Cole, and Vickie Guerrero are DLC
also the ability to change any wrestler's stats is DLC

99 OVR Michael Cole with the undertaker's entrance coming soon to an online match near you

darkvare Dec 27th, 2011 10:04 PM

is the rock dlc or pre order bonus?

Emu Dec 29th, 2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 752941)
Are you confused? Yes means no and no means yes! Wel cometo Sidemoo nesidemoo nesidemoo...

I'm just past the part now where I always feel I did something out of order. Summers --> Boat ---> Defeat the Kraken --> Scaraba --> Pyramid is locked --> Wait hold on a second you gotta go back to Fourside, enter the sewers from the dinosaur museum, "Your Sanctuary" #5, get Carrot Key, "Your Sanctuary" #6 --> OK, now we're back on track, go back to history museum in Summers and get the code to open the pyramid

I've played this game through about a dozen times and I always feel like this is how it plays out. And there's no real common sense way of figuring out how to progress during this section either, so I actually have to make use of the Hint guy a few times.

Yeah that section of the game always confused me a bit. The guy in the museum seems to know Poo, or it's implied that he does, but there's nothing in the game to suggest that, and you get so little backstory on Poo compared to the others anyway that it kind of comes out of nowhere. I wonder if something is lost in translation or if there's just something I missed. I think the game expects you to have wandered around Fourside enough to be really really curious about that sparkly silver pyramid hidden in the white-trashed-out back yard of the department store and still remember it like 4 hours later into the game and then just sort of follow things from there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 752316)
Seconded. All I heard about that game was that it looked great, but then you play the demo and realize it's no fun. Also, low-res textures.

GameStop knocked El Shaddai's price down to 20 bux new a few days ago and I ended up picking it up and I have to say that after initially hating the demo, the full game is actually remarkably underrepresented by it. The demo drops you in the middle of chapter 3, which is probably the grindiest chapter in the game, with no context whatsoever about how to effectively fight so you just default to mashing buttons. El Shaddai's combat is actually much deeper than it seems at first glance. It's kind of like Devil May Cry in that everything is based on timing and rhythm, although from my experience you can at least kind of brute force your way through DMC by mashing buttons while you can't really do that so well in ES. The game uses an interesting rock-paper-scissors mechanic where one of the three weapons is more effective against another, which is more effective against the third, which is more effective against the first. It forces you to change the way you approach enemies on the fly since you may need to steal one's weapon to beat another.

There are also a lot of 2D platforming sections that are pretty fun and the LSD craziness is always a plus for me. The game is certainly not worth $60, but for $20 it's a fantastic little brawler that will undoubtedly go completely ignored by basically everybody.

Zomboid Dec 30th, 2011 06:01 AM

Just finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. I don't think I've ever been so ambivalent about a game before. At times, I found it incredibly tedious and annoying, but other times it was great. I also really liked the story, but you could tell that it was another IP that got the CV makeover.

Fuck, though, that ending, and the epilogue, were amazing.

Zhukov Jan 1st, 2012 09:22 AM

I'm playing Sonic Generations. Half the time I am feeling challenged, having fun and marveling at the good job done by the developers and level designers.

The other half of the time I am cursing life itself. When they put the two different aspects of the game together like this (i.e: the side scrolling old sonic versus the 3D abomination of new sonic) do they not realise that one is a good game while the other is a pile of absolute tripe? Everything about the new style of sonic is bad. Not just the gameplay; absolutely everything.

It just makes me so frustrated.

Babs Jan 7th, 2012 12:00 AM

Skies of Arcadia has yet found itself in my life again. I can't help but love to play the game but realize how predictable it is, I think that in itself is why I play it, it's dull like me.

I've been on a Dreamcast kick lately, way more affordable than anything my xbox has to offer which is the reason it has a thick film of dust on it. Fuck xbox points and their shit market, dreamcast is a pirates booty.