I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   This just in...... (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23548)

sspadowsky Jan 13th, 2007 04:12 PM

This just in......

Dane Cook is still not funny.

Mockery Jan 13th, 2007 04:33 PM

Have you heard his 2nd album? Horrible...

Ant10708 Jan 13th, 2007 04:42 PM

Dane Cook is the guy who did Tourgasm right? If so I agree he is not funny.

Jeff The Ninja Jan 13th, 2007 06:43 PM

A few years ago, i thought he was funny. Then I matured. He reminds me of that jackass who sits in the back of the movie theatre during a slasher film barking orders at the actors on screen. We all know that the killer is in the closet now shut up.

Sam Jan 13th, 2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja
A few years ago, i thought he was funny. Then I matured. He reminds me of that jackass who sits in the back of the movie theatre during a slasher film barking orders at the actors on screen. We all know that the killer is in the closet now shut up.

That's because he has a joke where he is talking about how he goes to the theater and black people have to tell him to shush because he is yelling at the characters. :(

Girl Drink Drunk Jan 13th, 2007 08:39 PM

I'm happy to say I've never heard his standup act and the only instances I've ever had to hear about him were in scathing articles or that ad for Employee of the Month (whom I mistook for Ben Affleck) :)

Ninjavenom Jan 13th, 2007 09:35 PM

blah blah blah blah

i hate everything that's popular blah blah

he's just overexposed. If he weren't so popular i'm sure you would like him. Did you see his first comedy central special? Now, Stephen Lynch, there's a guy worth hanging :-/

DehydratedPorkMan Jan 13th, 2007 10:35 PM

Re: This just in......

Quote:

Originally Posted by sspadowsky
Dane Cook is still not funny.

David Cross said it best. When asked if he'd rather listen to Larry the Cable Guy or Dane Cook, he said Larry the Cable Guy.

Owned.

And yes, he is overexposed. Vicous Circle? Only George Carlin should be allowed to do that shit. Cook has a few moments but there were comedians in his time that should have gotten the fame he has.

Mitch Hedberg we hardly knew ye. And try an Eddie Izzard album. That's comedy.

Rongi Jan 14th, 2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
he's just overexposed. If he weren't so popular i'm sure you would like him. Did you see his first comedy central special? Now, Stephen Lynch, there's a guy worth hanging :-/

dave chappelle is overexposed as anything, and i think he is hillarious. fuck dane cook. he makes gallagher look funny

ScruU2wice Jan 14th, 2007 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
blah blah blah blah

i hate everything that's popular blah blah

no he's just not funny anymore. It has nothing to do with popularity, the jokes he tells changed. Before I remember most of his jokes involved ultra contrived situations that never happen in real life like walking into the DMV and getting punched in the stomach to make you feel better about the wait, to just being very loud about everyday crap.

I'm sure your sense of humor differs from mine, and he might be funny in your scope which is totally fine because there is nothing and no one that can make that wrong. But when I watch his insomniac tour set, or his hbo special thing, I don't hear the same jokes that made me laugh a couple years ago.

Black Flag Jan 14th, 2007 01:25 AM

ninjavenom i don't remember if i've ever spoken to you in all the years we've both posted on this message board, but i'd just like you to know that saying people are trying to pick up some kinda indie comedy cred by hating dane cook is kinda goofy

Mockery Jan 14th, 2007 03:18 AM

Indeed, Cook's first album actually had some good material on it here 'n there. The bit about the Kool-Aid guy made me laugh when I first heard it. Problem now is, his "comedy" isn't funny and he's insanely full of himself.

Also, not sure if any of you caught his SNL appearance. It was painful to watch, yet the very next day, people online were saying how awesome and hilarious he was and I couldn't believe it. He didn't even make me crack a smile.

Ninjavenom Jan 14th, 2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Flag
ninjavenom i don't remember if i've ever spoken to you in all the years we've both posted on this message board, but i'd just like you to know that saying people are trying to pick up some kinda indie comedy cred by hating dane cook is kinda goofy

granted, but that's how it seems to me. I thought his new album was good, although it indeed isn't the same as his first one. his stuff still makes me laugh, but i guess maybe i have a broader sense of humor than anyone else in this thread :O

DehydratedPorkMan Jan 14th, 2007 11:58 AM

I saw him in a club about a couple months before he was doing his Comedy Central special and he did the Kool Aid bit and the "sweet sauce all on my pussy" bit. And my favorite is anything involved being hit/punched in the face. If he doesn't do it anymore, though, he's not worth it. He is very full of himself and I hope one day he goes away and does not become a George Carlin for our generation. I noticed they both like to talk about things we don't really talk about but all think about and I think Cook is a hack. Carlin is god and cannot be touched.

ArrowX Jan 14th, 2007 01:29 PM

wait wait! People Compare Cook to Carlin? Thats not even possible, they both have entirely different styles of stand up. I had assumed that every generations George Carlin is George Carlin until the fateful day when he dies and standup comedy is forever a thing of the past.

DehydratedPorkMan Jan 14th, 2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StupidKraut
wait wait! People Compare Cook to Carlin? Thats not even possible, they both have entirely different styles of stand up. I had assumed that every generations George Carlin is George Carlin until the fateful day when he dies and standup comedy is forever a thing of the past.

I wasn't comparing them. I was calling Cook a hack. They both like to bring up suffering and things we remember but don't talk about.

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 14th, 2007 05:11 PM

Carlin is great but I fucking love Richard Pryor. He was great.

Zomboid Jan 14th, 2007 05:49 PM

Last night I was linked to an audio file from the radio or something where joe rogan was talking about how dane cook steals other comedian's material. Also, I watched employee of the month, knowing it'd suck but hoping there'd at least be a few laughs but no. So I kinda don't like the guy either right now :O

GADZOOKS Jan 14th, 2007 08:48 PM

Dane Cook is for the kids. Like Drawn Together, I think it's garbage but most younger people do, it's THEIR thing and I will never get it.

Also, Zelda, I would like to know what are your top three stage performances you like of Pryor's. I really think you are a kid who saw one of his movies or heard his Sunset Strip performance and by that alone you think he's the best.

DehydratedPorkMan Jan 14th, 2007 08:54 PM

I bet he likes Richard Pryor only because he's supposed to. He's the number one comedian and yet I still never listened to him. I only heard one bit. It was fucking hilarious but I forgot it.

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 14th, 2007 09:46 PM

Live in Concert, I ain't dead yet, and Here and Now.

:blowme

GADZOOKS Jan 14th, 2007 09:48 PM

Took you long enough to wikipedia that.

AND I AIN'T DEAD YET IS A DOCUMENTARY ON COMEDY CENTRAL, YOU DUMMY.

ArrowX Jan 14th, 2007 09:56 PM

I still have my George Carlin records but my players pin snapped a year ago :(

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 14th, 2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS
Took you long enough to wikipedia that.

AND I AIN'T DEAD YET IS A DOCUMENTARY ON COMEDY CENTRAL, YOU DUMMY.

I didnt wikipedia shit. Or IMDB. And if you want another then fine. Ill have " Still Smokin' " for 500.

GADZOOKS Jan 14th, 2007 10:54 PM

Another One? I said stage performances and you named a documentary about him, you have no idea what you are talking about.