I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hot Topic Sucks Thread (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4558)

Cap'n Crunch Jul 11th, 2003 11:21 PM

Hot Topic Sucks Thread

I hate Hot Topic. There are one of these in just about every mall. They smell like plastic, and there are wierd people in there.

Why do you think Hot Topic sucks?

DecapitatedHate Jul 11th, 2003 11:34 PM

They were playing tool when I walked in, so I walked out. That and they have nothing I'd be intrested in buying. Even if they did, I could find the same item cheaper at some head shop.

executioneer Jul 12th, 2003 08:19 AM

DUDE HOT TOPIC IS TOTALLY NOT REALLY UNDERGROUND, PEOPEL WHO SHOP THERE ARE SO MAINSTREAM :rolleyes

-willie

The One and Only... Jul 12th, 2003 10:30 AM

It's very gay.

Biff Kilowatt Jul 12th, 2003 10:54 AM

Someone should make "Corporate Rock Rocks!" t-shirts just to spite Hot Topic.

executioneer Jul 12th, 2003 05:53 PM

I MJEAN REALLY! EVERYONE WHO HATES HOT TOPIC, THAT'S WHO'S UNDER GROUND. BECAUSE NOBODY HATES HOT TOPIC :eek

-willie

Ninjavenom Jul 13th, 2003 01:52 AM

My math teacher used to call it that "Hole in the wall store". :lol

Zbu Manowar Jul 13th, 2003 11:24 PM

Too overpriced for my tastes. NEXT!

Biff Kilowatt Jul 14th, 2003 03:08 PM

Over priced? Yes. But where else is somebody going to find dog collars and tools to cut yourself because life sucks sooo much you just hate your parents?!

Jeanette X Jul 14th, 2003 03:14 PM

A pet store for the dog collars, a drug store for the razors. :rolleyes

Biff Kilowatt Jul 14th, 2003 06:54 PM

But it just isn't the same. There isn't an engaging conversation at any of those shallow places. Observe:

Petco:
Cashier: That'll be 5.28, sir.
Biff: Your mom was easy and loose, just like your dad.
Cashier: How dare you! If I didn't have a hamster up my ass right now, I'd kick your ass!

Drug Store:
Cashier: That'll be 3.82, sir. Need anything else?
Biff: Peyote. Lots of peyote.
Cashier: We don't sell that here.
Biff: Look, don't jerk me around.

Hot Topic:
Ansty Goth Cashier: I have 5 of these collars and six boxes of these blades.
Biff: Worth it?
Angsty Goth Cashier: Nothing is. I hate my father!
Biff: It's not his fault you suck and nobody likes you. That's probably why he never hugs you.
Angsty Goth Cashier: Yeah, life sucks.
Biff: No, not life, just you.
Angsty Goth Cashier: No, I'm a vamypre unicorn trapped in a human's body, that's what the problem is!

It's like tripping out all the time!

Biff Kilowatt Jul 14th, 2003 06:57 PM

Whoops, I'm an idiot. Hey, I should go to Hot Topic and buy an overpriced novelty item!

Schimid Jul 14th, 2003 09:39 PM

Screw you guys. Hot Topic is cool. They sell video game shirts.

At least, the one near me does. :(

Cap'n Crunch Jul 15th, 2003 08:33 PM

I told you to stay out of my threads. >:

Sethomas Jul 26th, 2003 11:09 PM

Once upon a time, I sat down and tried to devise a new and cheap way to dress. From Boy Scouts, I realized that the best way to do this was militaria and surplus. But I wasn't big into the US Army scene, so I'd have to find a foreign supplier. Turns out, the BRD has the most agreeable color scheme. So I scoured Ebay for months and bought up as much Bundeswehr crap as I could.

Six months later, I walk into Hot Topic and see a Bundeswehr shirt. It irks me slightly, but mostly I'm flattered that I'm being imitated. Nowadays I seldom go a day without seeing my East German jacket on somebody else, and it annoys the hell out of me. Damn you Hot Topic.

However, I've lately just tried to bring back the fashion of bowties. I only buy the ones that you have to tie yourself. If Hot Topic picks up on this, my east german army boots will get lodged into someone's ass cheeks.

Esuohlim Jul 28th, 2003 12:42 AM

I just learned that Hot Topic puts out Sealab 2021 and Aqua Teen Hunger Force shirts. :eek

So Hot Topic kicks ass in my book already. :(

Schimid Jul 28th, 2003 12:48 AM

I KNEW IT. :picklehat

pissed off salesman Jul 29th, 2003 01:07 AM

Plus they also sell my favorite comics (jthm, squee, lenore, bear)

The Retro Kat Jul 29th, 2003 02:30 PM

And John Deer shirts and hats.

ScruU2wice Jul 30th, 2003 10:22 PM

they probably get those john deere shirts for 3 bux and sell them at 20 dollars, cuz people like me are hooked on those type a shirts like they're crack...

:( i need help

Perndog Aug 5th, 2003 03:49 AM

Hot Topic sucks because they will shelf a Care Bears sweatshirt right next to a Slipknot shirt and the people who shop there will wear both at the same time.

The ensemble is completed with a $54 pair of pants with brown streaks down the front that are supposed to look like stains. Apparently, you have to spend fifty bucks to show people that you don't have enough money to buy new-looking clothes.

Come to think of it, I think I hate Hot Topic customers (and staff) more than the store itself. I bet Hot Topic is owned by some smart old guy who would never shop in the store but who realized he could profit off all these trendy poser assholes. :goth

The One and Only... Aug 5th, 2003 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim
I just learned that Hot Topic puts out Sealab 2021 and Aqua Teen Hunger Force shirts. :eek

So Hot Topic kicks ass in my book already. :(

Do you realize how much cheaper it would be if you made custom Sealab shirts? DO YOU??? A LOT!!! A LOT!!! A LOT!!!

farbour Aug 6th, 2003 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perndog
I bet Hot Topic is owned by some smart old guy who would never shop in the store but who realized he could profit off all these trendy poser assholes. :goth

I'm pretty sure they're part of the Gap corporation.

Mr. Vagiclean Aug 7th, 2003 03:12 AM

I hate hot topics because there is this fat kid who is REALLY FUCKING FAT, smokes lotta shit that kills you, and he is openly gay

I am sure he will die in next 5 years of either heart attack, drugoverdose, or sexually transmitted diseases. If not, 5 years and one month tops, just gotta give that extra time for the rest of his fucking body to die.

The Retro Kat Aug 7th, 2003 03:53 PM

THANKS FOR YOUR IMPUT, MISTER.