I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Kenster102.5 Sep 9th, 2008 07:51 PM

Dark Knight
The Thing, such great organic effects
Taxi Driver.

Cherry Nirvana Sep 10th, 2008 10:30 PM

High Fidelity. Quite possibly the only movie featuring Jack Black in a role that doesn't make me want to punch him in the face.

MetalMilitia Sep 11th, 2008 10:54 AM

Bucket List - Good, not great. As much as I like Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson playing off each other it seemed like they were trying to make a sadder version of Shawshank redemption but without the good script. The only part I really enjoyed was Nicholson's eulogy at the end of the film, the rest I could take of leave.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - In my opinion there are three main points to take away from this film:
1. Jason Segeal is the best thing to happen to comedy since Seth Rogan.
2. A puppet themed dracula rock musical is a great idea and should be made in real life.
3. Russel Brand can be funny if given the right script.

Krythor Sep 11th, 2008 05:43 PM

I haven't seen the actual movie but I saw a deleted outtake reel of Russell Brand improvising and it was pretty funny. Not sure how much he improvised in the finished film.

As a stand-up he's pretty bad, and his radio show is terrible too but i don't think he's entirely unfunny. He seems like a pretty intelligent guy and has made me laugh a few times on BBLB.

pac-man Sep 11th, 2008 06:18 PM

I caught the tail-end of Necessary Roughness today, one of my favorite football comedies. It's worth noting that it's the best movie Rob Schneider and Sen. Fred Thompson ever did together.

Cherry Nirvana Sep 11th, 2008 08:55 PM

Frontier(s) - One of the After Dark Horrorfest films. I loved it! Sure it was in French, but hey, I don't mind the subtitles.

seesawbooy Sep 11th, 2008 10:07 PM

Snakes on a Plane about to watch 28 Weeks Later

WhiteRat Sep 12th, 2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 579169)
I caught the tail-end of Necessary Roughness today, one of my favorite football comedies. It's worth noting that it's the best movie Rob Schneider and Sen. Fred Thompson ever did together.

It's a classic no doubt but comes in at a distance second when compared to The Replacements.

JakeOfAllTrades Sep 13th, 2008 11:37 AM

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

I watched this with my parents. Big mistake. Both of them hated it, and I think it traumatised my dad because he once had to save a bus driver from a mentally ill guy with a butcher's knife. I thought it was an enjoyable movie, but they despised it.

Sacks Sep 13th, 2008 01:55 PM

The new Bangkok Dangerous, AND FUCK YOU IMDB IT WAS AWESOME.

Cherry Nirvana Sep 17th, 2008 09:32 PM

The Love Guru - Super Lame.

Ant10708 Sep 19th, 2008 08:20 PM

Lilo and Stich - Never saw this Disney animated film until now. I liked it alot but I am a big alien nerd.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 20th, 2008 03:50 PM

In Bruges - with Colin Farrel, Brendan Gleeson and Ralph Fiennes. Admittedly I wanted watch this because I really like Brendan Gleeson but Ralph Fiennes and Colin Farrell was an added treat. This movie really was amazing, I just finished watching it and might watch it again. Dark but hilarious. 4.5/5.

pac-man Sep 20th, 2008 03:56 PM

Fargo was on Comedy Central this morning. They did a great job not editing the shit out of hit. Coen Bros. at their best.

MetalMilitia Sep 21st, 2008 07:26 AM

Hancock - I wasn't really looking forward to this but as it got going I started to enjoy it. Fun film with great visuals.

Juno - I do like Juno but I'm not a huge fan of Ellen Page. I've heard interviews with her and she seems kind of narcissistic. Decent film though.

WhiteRat Sep 21st, 2008 09:19 AM

Snatch

Neen Sep 21st, 2008 09:48 AM

Tron for the first time, actually.

I get it it's a thinly veild metaphor for creationism. Yawn.

More speed bikes.

Esuohlim Sep 21st, 2008 01:28 PM

Burn After Reading - This was a good movie! See this!

Idiocracy - Ugh! This movie sucked! Don't watch this!

seesawbooy Sep 21st, 2008 02:20 PM

The Curve (1998)

Urban Legend has it that if you kill your college roomate, you get a 4.0 for the semester. So when Chris goes along with Tim pushing Rand off the curve, they have good reasoning for it. Besides, Rand is always being a jerk to his girlfriend Natalie who is Emma's roomate. After his girlfriend Natalie finds out about his death, she kills herself by jumping off the curve. Later Chris's girlfriend Emma tries to convince him that Tim is setting him up for the murder and trying to seduce her. Then suddenly Chris's girlfriend is taking a 4.0. Is Emma behind this too, is Rand really dead, and does Chris have something planned for Tim? If so why everyone is playing with each others head? Written by IMDB

Cherry Nirvana Sep 21st, 2008 08:58 PM

Postal - Any movie where you can shoot old ladies in the face and even use little kids as shields for oncoming bullets is all right with me!

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 22nd, 2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 580666)
Hancock - I wasn't really looking forward to this but as it got going I started to enjoy it. Fun film with great visuals.

Juno - I do like Juno but I'm not a huge fan of Ellen Page. I've heard interviews with her and she seems kind of narcissistic. Decent film though.

I really liked Juno, it also made me realize Jason Bateman can play a dick very well.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 22nd, 2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seesawbooy (Post 580704)
The Curve (1998)

Urban Legend has it that if you kill your college roomate, you get a 4.0 for the semester. So when Chris goes along with Tim pushing Rand off the curve, they have good reasoning for it. Besides, Rand is always being a jerk to his girlfriend Natalie who is Emma's roomate. After his girlfriend Natalie finds out about his death, she kills herself by jumping off the curve. Later Chris's girlfriend Emma tries to convince him that Tim is setting him up for the murder and trying to seduce her. Then suddenly Chris's girlfriend is taking a 4.0. Is Emma behind this too, is Rand really dead, and does Chris have something planned for Tim? If so why everyone is playing with each others head? Written by IMDB

I remember when this came out, my friend spoiled the ending for me, sounded pretty good.

Fat Ugly Drunk Sep 22nd, 2008 05:52 AM

My sister headed to Thailand yesterday and because I already see little of her we hung out for a day last week and decided to go see a movie (hopefully Dark Knight because we loved it and wanted to see it again, but they stopped showing it the week before, argh) and went to see Hellboy 2.
And we liked it.

But I watched Return of the Jedi last night simply because I found myself struggling to remember what the emperor sounded like.

Kitsa Sep 24th, 2008 07:22 PM

I like Ellen Page, but not Juno. Then again, I've been a fan of her since she played Lahey's daughter in Trailer Park Boys.

I thought she was good in Hard Candy and I get that she's trying to choose intellectual roles that she feels good about, but they all seem about the same.

I couldn't stand the Juno dialogue, I thought they were trying WAY too hard.

MetalMilitia Sep 25th, 2008 11:47 AM

Deathwatch - Low budget English horror film set in the trenches of WW1. This had the potential to be a really cool film, of all historical locations it's difficult to imagine one more horrific than WW1. The actors were adequate for the roles - the main character being played by the Billy Elliot kid - but the story never really took off and the whole affair felt a bit like a straight to TV film.

Waiting
- I remembered liking this film when I first saw it. I think I quite liked the theme of growing up in a small town and watching your peers become "real people" while you remain in arrested development. Something I could relate to when I first watched it.
On the re-watch I could relate less-so and actually I can relate far more to the so-called "real people" that the film seems to resent so much. It all just comes across as slightly juvenile and petty.