I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   OBLIVION: MMORPG REHAB (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20551)

Supafly345 Mar 17th, 2006 05:17 PM

OBLIVION: MMORPG REHAB

I'm getting it, and so should you.

EisigerBiskuit Mar 17th, 2006 06:30 PM

Is it $60, or is it coming out on PC too?

timrpgland Mar 17th, 2006 06:46 PM

I preordered the collector's edition already. I know my store won't be getting it til the 21st (Tuesday) which I think is the actual official release. It ships on Monday but good luck getting it Monday. I'm sure it's possible some places.

Oh and yea it's going to be $60 for the normal game I believe for PC as well as XBOX360

xbxDaniel Mar 17th, 2006 06:55 PM

My thread of this died, as well as the one before it.

http://www.i-mockery.net/viewtopic.php?t=21090 :tear

I still can't wait for this game.

Ninjavenom Mar 17th, 2006 09:25 PM

Preordered special edition also, planning on checking for it monday night, but am likely getting it on tuesday. I am popping a massive boner as we speak.

Supafly345 Mar 17th, 2006 09:47 PM

I read monday on their website, so that's when I thought it came out.

xbxDaniel Mar 17th, 2006 11:19 PM

Anybody else checking out the countdown videos? Or am I the only guy with that much free time on a friday night?

timrpgland Mar 18th, 2006 02:16 AM

yeah I've been watching the countdown videos on IGN each day they come out at work. The 4 days left was just scenery I want more gameplay vids!

DamnthatDavid Mar 18th, 2006 07:49 PM

I didn't know you had a 360 Adam.

Oh, and can I borrow my game of Morrowwind back?
Or did I give that to you? I have no clue anymore. :(

camacazio Mar 19th, 2006 01:08 AM

Woah hey I still want to borrow that from him!

Supafly345 Mar 19th, 2006 02:45 AM

I can't find a 360, but I am buying it with the game when I can find one.

You can have your game back. Camacazio, I'll just send you the ISO files for the PC version (which is easier to play).

Ninjavenom Mar 19th, 2006 04:24 AM

Faster, too.

xbxDaniel Mar 19th, 2006 08:20 PM

The guys at EB called me today and said that it's possible that I'll get my game tomorrow. They're probably lying though.

DamnthatDavid Mar 20th, 2006 12:53 AM

offer them sex with your mom/sister/girlfriend. That should send them into overload, and while they twitch on the floor, take the copy from the back room.

EisigerBiskuit Mar 20th, 2006 01:42 AM

You know women work at those places too :eek

Marc Summers Mar 20th, 2006 03:20 AM

His statement still applies...

xbxDaniel Mar 20th, 2006 07:34 AM

I'm going to go eight miles out of my way this evening to see if they have it for me. I'm going to be pissed when they don't.

timrpgland Mar 20th, 2006 05:08 PM

if anyone is lucky enough to get this tonight let us know so I can instantly be jealous.

Fathom Zero Mar 20th, 2006 05:12 PM

I wonder how many people called in sick, not as much for Halo 2, but if my computer wasn't a POS, I would.

Ninjavenom Mar 21st, 2006 08:46 PM

IT'S FUCKING AWESOME

xbxDaniel Mar 21st, 2006 08:57 PM

Hell yeah it is.

EisigerBiskuit Mar 21st, 2006 10:12 PM

Fuck you guys, I have to pick it up tomorrow.

xbxDaniel Mar 21st, 2006 10:13 PM

I was supposed to get it today, but the guys did get it in early. And it's all thanks to DamnThatDavid's advice, and my slutty sisters. God Bless America.

timrpgland Mar 22nd, 2006 12:05 PM

I got it yesterday and was able to get 9 hours in. It does kick a lot of ass even on my shitty machine.... now I'm at work..... at this moment my life is sucky......

adept_ninja Mar 22nd, 2006 09:59 PM

This game is so awesome; words cannot describe it. I stayed home today to play it and it was worth it. I got this bitching enchanted saber that drains 15 health with each hit.

Supafly345 Mar 22nd, 2006 10:44 PM

So is it worth it on PC? Because I had to wait until saturday to get a 360 so I am waiting to get the game until then. This is a brand new computer with no 3D processor, so it should run ok right?

xbxDaniel Mar 22nd, 2006 10:46 PM

I've heard that Oblivion is really friendly to PC users. I've actually had some disc reading problems with my 360. :(

Supafly345 Mar 23rd, 2006 12:03 AM

Still, no 3D processor.

Zomboid Mar 23rd, 2006 03:36 AM

Just get it for 360 ya cunt.

timrpgland Mar 23rd, 2006 10:51 AM

You'll need a 3D card (shows a list of supported chip sets on the box) to play it on the PC.

Got to level 10 last night and have 5k saved up (legitimate). Been messing with the Arena and Fighter's Guild mostly.

Ninjavenom Mar 23rd, 2006 11:07 AM

Did anyone set conjuration as one of their majors? The summons seen a lot more powerful now. I got Summon Scamp last night, and he's way improved. The first thing he did was flying knee a nord and his dog into the wall behind them :O

timrpgland Mar 23rd, 2006 11:53 AM

One thing I think is a little strange is that my Nord character has a all blue body but a white guy's face!

My character is a Warrior basically with Resotration, Sneak and Marksman as his other majors.

ArrowX Mar 23rd, 2006 01:16 PM

Kicking animals down Hills is infinateley entertaining.

Chojin Mar 23rd, 2006 11:04 PM

This game is pretty neat. Just a stereotypical AD&D nerdfest, but a good one.

I've only been to one city so far, but it seemed really claustrophobic. I really hope the other cities aren't like that. I loved Balmora but srsly that first city felt like i was playing Wolfenstein ;<

Oh and I like how they tease your thieving tendencies by letting you nab all sorts of neat shit and then spank you by not letting you sell it anywhere ;< I have like have a grand of shit that people won't accept from me ;<

Ninjavenom Mar 24th, 2006 02:45 AM

Apparently someone in the thieves' guild will buy stolen shit. Also, the guy who runs the Copious Coinpurse will buy certain stolen items. Outside of stealing the best ways to make money are to make bullshit potions with alchemy and to join a faction. Any food you steal can be used to make restore fatigue potions, which sell for up to 5 gold each on average. Just stack 'em and liquidate :O

Chojin Mar 24th, 2006 06:27 AM

Am I the only person who thinks the new persuasion system is idiotic

Ninjavenom Mar 24th, 2006 09:10 AM

You're probably using it wrong. The old one was worse because it was completely pointless. If someone's disposition dropped to 0, they didn't give a shit, but in this one, just about anyone will straight up attack you if you drop them to 0. Now speechcraft takes a little skill to do.

Supafly345 Mar 24th, 2006 09:21 AM

Can't you make a person feel something other than just good or bad about you too? It seems much like the old one from what I can tell only much wider.

Ninjavenom Mar 24th, 2006 09:48 AM

It depends entirely upon who the person is. For example, some Nords are meh to boasting, some love it, some hate it. You've just gotta try them all.

Also, to anyone who's lacking fundage, try joining the Morag Tong. All you need to do is kill an innocent person, and their guildmaster approaches you when you sleep. Once you join, you can run about ten missions, each with a bonus prize for killing the mark/s a certain way, but you can still collect your money by straight up murdering the hell out of them. All of the bonus prizes are geared towards assassin characters anyway, so some of you may want to skip them. Anyway, once you run the last mission for your first Brotherhood Sanctuary, the next mission gives you both a large, empty place to live (well, you have to make it empty) and a horse named Shadowmere. So if you're not trying to drop a lot of dough on a horse or on a house at first, just run these missions first. Anything requiring stealth can just be chameleon or invisibled through, for our barbarian friends.

edit: cool note: After the second mission, try not to talk to too many people about your mark. Sometimes they do an awesome job of making you feel bad about killing them.

timrpgland Mar 24th, 2006 12:17 PM

Got to level 14 last night and the Grand Master of the Arena. I have 11k saved up currently.

Ninjavenom Mar 24th, 2006 03:56 PM

I couldn't get the screenshot function to work, i wanted to show everyone this awesome tomb with a bunch of baby skeletons and shit and a zombie head i found :O

I finished the Morag Tong quests today, [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Quote:

And now i am the only Speaker for the BLack Hand. They give you a robe and hood that fortifies Sneak, Light Armor, Illusion, Blade, Marksman, and Security for +20 each when combined, and through the quest tree you get tons of awesome anti-magic weapons and some sweet daggers. Now i just have to go to the Night Mother once a week, get a list of names, and give it to a subordinate to get weekly payment :O

I can even kill the people on the list myself if i want to :O

And now the Sanctuary is being filled with assassins who can i have tag along with me if'n i want:O

Fucking COOL. I hope the thieves' guild turns out loot as good as this one did.

Chojin Mar 24th, 2006 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
You're probably using it wrong. The old one was worse because it was completely pointless.

Well, no. In the old one you would choose whether or admire or intimidate and they had seperate checks. In this one it's more of a really, really simple logic game than anything and the results are ridiculous. "I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I SEE. GO ON. I HATE YOU. I LOVE YOU. I HATE YOU. ;*. I HATE YOU. WELL DONE!" If I'm trying to persuade someone to like me, why do i have to threaten, admire, boast, and joke in equal portion? It just doesn't make sense at all.

And it removes a lot of the point in having a good speechcraft cause I can instantly make anyone love me after playing a 2-minute game of love-hate.

That bitch aside, I wanted to get up and cheer in the intro when it was panning over the world and playing the Elder Scrolls theme :<

Supafly345 Mar 24th, 2006 07:31 PM

You had to do that in the last game too, you had to taunt, taunt, taunt, and if they didn't attack you before they got to zero you would have to bribe or else they wouldn't listen to you. So usually you would have to admire them when they were around 20 then start tauting around 60.

Chojin Mar 24th, 2006 10:30 PM

does that make the new system any less stupid

Been playing more today and the game is a lot of fun, though it's exactly like Morrowind. Not that that's a bad thing, though. I like the haggling system way better and the inclusion of fences does help to prevent you from wrecking the economy. The missions feel like something's actually going on as opposed to MISSION BEGIN MONSTER LEAP OUT HERE GO GO MISSION SUCCESS which is a big bonus; You actually feel like you're exploring a location instead of running around on a level someone built.

The guards have scared the bejesus out of me about 6 times now. Why the hell doesn't it make a noise when people magically phase through doors?

rummage rummage rummage HALT! AAAAAAAAH

Oh and I liked the music in morrowind better :< I don't remember any of the music in this game other than the hardcore junglism morrowind theme remix, which is still way worse than the morrowind theme.

EisigerBiskuit Mar 25th, 2006 12:33 AM

Does anyone know anything about adding skins for the game? I saw screenshots of some guy adding his face and some other faces on his characters.

the_dudefather Mar 25th, 2006 09:38 AM

so what is this? a racing game or something?

executioneer Mar 25th, 2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin
Just a stereotypical AD&D nerdfest, but a good one.

Guitar Woman Mar 25th, 2006 03:01 PM

Hijacking horses from stables is hilarious as shit. I like how after you steal a horse and ride to the next town as fast as you can the po-pos have somehow passed word on to everywhere in the game that you are an evil bad guy, even though they have absolutely no way of letting the other town know that before you get there.

EisigerBiskuit Mar 25th, 2006 03:21 PM

HELLO? MAGIC? !!

Guitar Woman Mar 25th, 2006 04:02 PM

OH YEAH I FORGOT THE GUARDS HAVE MYSTICAL MAGICAL GOOD GUY POWERS THAT LET THEM RAPE YOU TO PIECES IN 5 SECONDS OR LESS AMONG OTHER THINGS

Guitar Woman Mar 25th, 2006 04:04 PM

It's too bad you can't kill them before they call in reinforcements. The first time I played this I assumed it was like theif so when a guard saw me I tried to fight him and before I knew what was going on there were like ten more all attacking me at once ;(

executioneer Mar 25th, 2006 04:28 PM

i am going to download this before i buy it to see how it runs on my computor b/c i don't want to spend 50 bux on something i have to upgrade in order to enjoy >:

Misdemonar Mar 25th, 2006 04:35 PM

Download, where?

Guitar Woman Mar 25th, 2006 04:52 PM

The internet?

MetalMilitia Mar 25th, 2006 05:05 PM

thats crazy talk

executioneer Mar 25th, 2006 07:49 PM

it is a secrat but i will give you a hint its name starts with b and it ends with ittorrent :o

Chojin Mar 26th, 2006 12:20 AM

Okay, so, I'm doing this mission where this paranoid guy sends me around town to spy on people who he thinks are conspiring to kill him. I lie to him about it and he pays me money. Eventually he tells me to kill all of the people.

Now, I realize you're supposed to turn him into the guards here but i'm really curious as to what's in the 'very hard' safe that he no doubt keeps my reward in ;< But every time I kill one of these people, no matter how stealthily, the game goes 'UNKNOWN FORCES HAVE WITNESSED OUR SHITTY PLOT DEVICE' and everyone in the world knows about it.

Is there anything I can do about that? I'm not above cheating to turn it off - it's completely unrealistic and queer.

Oh and I'm officially hooked again just like i was in Morrowind ;< I finally made a character I clicked with - An Austrian muscle-bound warrior who looks like he's related to Arnold who smashes suckas down and picks pretty flowers to make delicious beverages with.

xbxDaniel Mar 26th, 2006 12:22 AM

His house has a couple of maces and some various shit you find in any house. Nothing extravagent though. You'd be better off just having him killed by the guards, then stealing his key when he's dead. That's what I did anyways.

Chojin Mar 26th, 2006 12:23 AM

His key doesn't open the 'very hard' cupboard in his house, though. There's gotta be something in there.

And even if there isn't, I still would rather kill those people and get away with it ;<

Chojin Mar 26th, 2006 12:25 AM

I imagine this game mechanic pretty much dicks you in the ass if you want to play a brigand of any description ;<

xbxDaniel Mar 26th, 2006 12:26 AM

I just remember having to go through 10 lockpicks to open the chest with the maces, it's been a while since I did that quest.

Misdemonar Mar 26th, 2006 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer
it is a secrat but i will give you a hint its name starts with b and it ends with ittorrent :o

That's slow for me, is it because I have a firewall?

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 12:37 AM

it could be because this just came out so there's not a whole lot of seeds yet :( or if there are, then it's because the seeds to downloaders ratio is way screwed up like 5:1 or more :( i'm actually trying two different torrents at once right now and they're only going at about 50 kbps combined >:

Misdemonar Mar 26th, 2006 12:39 AM

I mean evreything is low for me, I try to download CHDS and it takes a week to get 9%.

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 12:46 AM

well i guess it COULD be because you're behind a firewall but idk

it also could be chds are not all that common so not a lot of seeds there too? plus the seeder might be seeding a butt-load of torrents apart from the one you're doing :(

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 12:48 AM

what kind of firewall btw

Misdemonar Mar 26th, 2006 12:49 AM

Norton

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 12:52 AM

maybe this will be helpful????

http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/25.html

idk

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 12:56 AM

or perhaps this one

Misdemonar Mar 26th, 2006 01:01 AM

oh crap, it's my router, and I forgot the code..shit.

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 01:03 AM

oh no!

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 01:03 AM

what kind of router is it :(

Misdemonar Mar 26th, 2006 01:06 AM

crap router I Have no control over...:( can you do me a favor and download the Carnevil CHD? I'll return the favor...someday.

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 01:07 AM

so you don't know what make your router is then :(

Misdemonar Mar 26th, 2006 01:09 AM

Nope....;(

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 01:15 AM

ok where is the carnevil chd at then

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 01:54 AM

TELL ME TELL ME
WON'T YOU TELL ME
AND THEN TELLL ME AGAIINNNN

Misdemonar Mar 26th, 2006 01:56 AM

http://www.bittorrent.com/detail.myt...ch=CHD&index=3

OH YEAH BABBBY.

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 02:01 AM

it's giving me a 'connection refused' error >:

Misdemonar Mar 26th, 2006 02:12 AM

Search for carnevil CHD :/

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 02:16 AM

no i mean when i download the torrent it says that in my window :(

Misdemonar Mar 26th, 2006 02:16 AM

:( Shit, can you try cryptkiller?

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 02:18 AM

is that a different chd

Misdemonar Mar 26th, 2006 02:23 AM

yeah

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 02:25 AM

ok idk if it's me or if this site is just plain butt-crap because cryptkiller is just sittin' there w/o any seeds or peers

Misdemonar Mar 26th, 2006 02:34 AM

Damn.

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 02:41 AM

i'ma try other bt sites

EisigerBiskuit Mar 26th, 2006 02:41 AM

I got about 100kbps average with IND but I had to get a patch all in all only took about 8hours overnight w/e.

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 02:42 AM

ok i found a huge-normous "all .chds in MAME" torrent and i'm only downloading those two files from it

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 03:04 AM

aw man and it's going like twice as fast as either of the other two >:

Chojin Mar 26th, 2006 11:55 AM

miss, go to emucation.com and pay them $15. Then you can download all the CHDs and Sega CD games you could ever want.

Chojin Mar 26th, 2006 01:50 PM

Something about dungeon/cave crawls feels so RIGHT about this game. It's like, if someone had made a movie in the 1980s about the year 2000 featuring a nerd, this is the game he would be shown playing.

the_dudefather Mar 26th, 2006 03:03 PM

looks great so far, and all im doing is clobbering rats

im an Orc, called kerrek :P

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 04:36 PM

omfg you big nerd

ArrowX Mar 26th, 2006 05:49 PM

Punching crabs and kicking them down hills :O

EisigerBiskuit Mar 26th, 2006 07:17 PM

Killing old women for not telling me why maggots are jumping out of my stomach whenever I sleep. >:( Vampires suck.

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 08:34 PM

i finally found a fast fast seed for this i will be playing it in 4 hours >: i just hope my fx5500 is up to it, i mean it says they're supported and all but :(

Ninjavenom Mar 26th, 2006 08:47 PM

When it says "unknown forces have witnessed your crime", that's the morag tong notice. Rest somewhere outside of a town and their emissary will visit you. You just keep getting attacked by guards because you need to drop him in one hit or they get alerted.

EisigerBiskuit Mar 26th, 2006 10:04 PM

I was wondering what the hell that was all about. I got that message when I killed someone in an arena match. Then like 5 bedrests later, he shows up in a BURNING CASTLE. This guy obviously likes to make strange entrances.

executioneer Mar 27th, 2006 03:39 AM

mother fucking son of shit i KNEW my computor would not be fast enough >: i can't even get thru CHARACTER CREATION without being annoyed at how fucking slow it runs, with EVERYTHING all the way down >: