I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   OBLIVION: MMORPG REHAB (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20551)

Supafly345 Apr 9th, 2006 10:42 PM

Ok, I beat all the main storylines and was very satisfied with how it went down in the end. Really gave you the sense of being a part of something epic instead of just a "one guy rises to save the world singlehandedly" storyline.

Despite not being as incredibly free as the last game, since this game makes it REALLY hard to max everything and become an overpowered brute that is good at everything, it is very rewarding, and I still want to keep playing. But at least now I will be able to cut back, every moment that hasn't been used on work has been used on this.

Ninjavenom Apr 10th, 2006 12:15 AM

It kind of makes sense with the story, though. In Morrowind you were the reincarnation of a god, but now you're just some schmoe who happens to kick ass at stuff.

Supafly345 Apr 10th, 2006 12:41 AM

The nerevarine never was a god, he was a GOD-SLAYER.
But I was talking in most videogames where the hero has to save the world or something, its always just a kid or something that becomes the most powerful person who ever lived, this game makes you work for it, and you never really are left without a challenger.

Chojin Apr 10th, 2006 12:48 AM

BREAK INTO YOUR HOUSE WITH A KINKO'S COPY CARD

BREAK INTO YOUR HOUSE AND STEAL ALL YOUR STUFF

BREAK INTO YOUR HOUSE WITH A KINKO'S COPY CARD

I CAN'T WAIT TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOUSE

Chojin Apr 11th, 2006 01:22 PM

So I jumped my horse off of a cliff. I flew off and turned around to see him toppling down the hill with his neck all bendy-wendy.

I then spent the better part of an hour rolling him length-wise (head-over-feet) down the hill into the lake.

Apparently horses are really light.

Archduke Tips Apr 11th, 2006 07:59 PM

That was an awesome story.

Thankyou, Chojin.

executioneer Apr 11th, 2006 10:36 PM

guys i totally take all the clothes off of female bandits and then punch them in the b**bs :(

Guitar Woman Apr 11th, 2006 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin
So I jumped my horse off of a cliff. I flew off and turned around to see him toppling down the hill with his neck all bendy-wendy.

I then spent the better part of an hour rolling him length-wise (head-over-feet) down the hill into the lake.

Apparently horses are really light.

Screens or it didn't happen.

Archduke Tips Apr 11th, 2006 10:41 PM

Do those guys at Weatherleah ever clean up their house? I come back to visit all the time since I helped them kill the Ogres, but they never clean it out. The skeletons in the attic are kinda creepy.

executioneer Apr 11th, 2006 10:44 PM

it was mostly cleaned up when i went back after the mission i got from the thieves' guild contact to kill the rest of the ogres :/ there was like one rib cage in the attic still

the_dudefather Apr 11th, 2006 11:18 PM

everyone is really friendly in the dark brotherhood, not like those smack-talking guys at the arena

now im a vampire that not only drinks your blodd, but steals all your stuff too

anyway, to summerise my experience of playing this game during the last two nights: awesomesuperfantastic

Chojin Apr 12th, 2006 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
Screens or it didn't happen.

It's really easy. Horses are set to a really light weight, so drop one off a cliff, lock onto its head or leg with Z, then just roll it down something.

It was the Weynon Priory Horse (not brother mabel's, one of the others), in case that's the only one that's that light.

Also, I don't know how to take screens in Oblivion :<

Guitar Woman Apr 12th, 2006 12:48 AM

Printscreen button?

EisigerBiskuit Apr 12th, 2006 12:50 AM

HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!

oblivion_default.ini

Search: bAllowScreenShot=1

Dunno what to do from there.

Chojin Apr 12th, 2006 08:46 AM

it doesn't save them into a folder, though. i don't think.

EisigerBiskuit Apr 12th, 2006 01:38 PM

They said you have to put them into an art program, yes it sucks.

Chojin Apr 12th, 2006 01:39 PM

That's stupid. I'll just load up fraps.

Zomboid Apr 12th, 2006 02:01 PM

Anyone been to hackdirt? :chatter

timrpgland Apr 12th, 2006 04:57 PM

Hackdirt that small village where everyone hates outsiders? I ran through there before if that's the case. Talked to a few people, took my insults and then left.

Zomboid Apr 12th, 2006 06:09 PM

There's more to it than meets the eye :O. Check the buildings and go through one of the trapdoors. Or stay in the inn. It's probably one of the references to HP Lovecraft supafly mentioned.

executioneer Apr 12th, 2006 09:19 PM

that and the mission that is named "Shadow over Hackdirt" :lol

i stole the book of the deep ones from their church but man i was kind of hoping to actually get to fight a nameless horror of some sort :(

the_dudefather Apr 12th, 2006 09:52 PM

i wouldnt sleep in an inn there :lol

executioneer Apr 12th, 2006 09:55 PM

nothing bad happened but it was only for a hour and during the day so idk

executioneer Apr 12th, 2006 09:55 PM

ps did anyone notice how everyone in that town has weird faces i bet you didn't

Chojin Apr 12th, 2006 10:02 PM

So there were these 3 guys in bruma who locked a SECRET ARTIFACT away in a nearby cave. They then made 3 keys to this chest because 'for one man to have a power this terrifying' would be bad. I get the item but a MAGIC WORD hides its TERRIBLE SECRET. The widow of the keyholder SPEAKS THE WORD!

It's an amulet of +8 to speed.

I killed her and stripped her naked.