I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Movie Review: Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698536)

Admin Dec 31st, 2007 03:01 AM

Weekly Movie Review: Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem

Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem.

slangislayer Dec 31st, 2007 04:05 AM

Oh, that was AVP2? I thought it was a cinematic screening of a Everwood vs. Dawnson´s Creek Halloween-Crossover Episode, wher in the end one schmuck awakens to declare that it was all just a horrible nightmare and that there are no monsters...

Spetsnaz Dec 31st, 2007 12:02 PM

So to put it blunty, avoid like the plague to avoid further memories being raped?

Spetsnaz Dec 31st, 2007 12:03 PM

Bluntly*

Sacks Dec 31st, 2007 03:17 PM

You forgot to mention all the suspenseful extreme close ups and completely pitch black scenes during all of the fights.

Fathom Zero Dec 31st, 2007 03:29 PM

I couldn't see anything for most of the movie. Just vague suggestions of things being on screen.

But I love the fact that they broke one of the cardinal rules: Don't kill children. Even better: killing babies.

Protoclown Dec 31st, 2007 03:43 PM

Evil Dead, I wouldn't say to avoid it. Perhaps you'll want to see a matinee or wait for DVD, but for a stupid movie, it was enjoyable enough.

Spetsnaz Dec 31st, 2007 04:13 PM

I might pop out full price admission to see it. I haven't seen a Predator movie in theaters since my dad took me to see Predator 2 as a wee lad.

Sacks Dec 31st, 2007 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 517381)
I couldn't see anything for most of the movie. Just vague suggestions of things being on screen.

But I love the fact that they broke one of the cardinal rules: Don't kill children. Even better: killing babies.

Well we don't really know for sure what happened to those babies. It could have just seen them and gotten the idea to do what it did.

arg_zombies Dec 31st, 2007 07:54 PM

I never watched past Predator 1 :'(

Fathom Zero Dec 31st, 2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacks (Post 517412)
Well we don't really know for sure what happened to those babies. It could have just seen them and gotten the idea to do what it did.

Well what the hell was it going to do? Hug them? We already know that aliens eat people. It stands to reason that this alien would as well. Unless babies are somehow toxic.

Dr. V Dec 31st, 2007 11:54 PM

Matinee it is

Sacks Jan 1st, 2008 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 517508)
Well what the hell was it going to do? Hug them? We already know that aliens eat people. It stands to reason that this alien would as well. Unless babies are somehow toxic.

Alls I'm sayin' is we don't know for sure.

Dungeonbrownies Jan 1st, 2008 06:59 AM

Honestly, i hate 3 doors down. propaganda to the max is so disgusting. especially when it was blocking my brooding i was doing to get ready for my film, sweeney todd.

Undead Overlord Jan 1st, 2008 02:37 PM

I haven't seen it yet and I hope that the makers of AVPR actually listened to the fans about how the first movie sucked.

And WHY can't any modern movie maker recreate the fear and beauty of the first alien movie! It is one of the greatest horror films I've ever seen, and I want that movie's feel to be in AVPR, too.

(AS if that'll ever happen)

Mullon Jan 1st, 2008 10:07 PM

Someday, hopefully, they will film a scene of an alien and a predator fighting it out in a big open area during the day with the camera placed a sufficent distance. Granted it will look fake and the alien won't be scary. But it sure will be interesting.

Sacks Jan 1st, 2008 10:35 PM

I DON'T LIKE THAT TONE MULLON, I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL.

Hugo Jan 1st, 2008 10:54 PM

The simple fact that Paul Anderson departed from the series makes this sequel a lot better. I hate Uwe Bol, but Anderson is an abomination. The resident evil and mortal kombat movies were nutsackcrushingly frustrating. I read on the web that Anderson may be involved in the rape of another legendary game franchise, Castlevania. If that's true, I hope Goro fistfucks Anderson to death.

PS.: Can I curse in those posts?

Fathom Zero Jan 1st, 2008 11:26 PM

AvP 3; Lance Henriksen is BACK!

Protoclown Jan 1st, 2008 11:38 PM

Hugo, curse away, man. Curse away.

Dr. V Jan 2nd, 2008 12:26 AM

Ugh... Dungeon Siege. *cringe*

executioneer Jan 2nd, 2008 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugo (Post 517856)
PS.: Can I curse in those posts?

i dunno, i remember someone saying once that cursing is the crutch of an inarticulate fucker

Dr. V Jan 2nd, 2008 01:23 AM

Sure you can curse all you want. A POX ON ALL OF YOU!

Captain PirateFace Jan 2nd, 2008 01:28 AM

everyone in the theater I went to walked out pissed and annoyed... including my wife. But I found that movie to be all I wanted in the first one. I was the only asshole in the theater who laughed when the facehugger got the little boy... I even got a dirty look which prompted my wife to trump her acting card by saying loud enough for anybody within ear shot.. "John, that is so horrible that you laugh... that's a little boy", at which I shrugged my shoulders and filled my gaping maw with overpriced popcorn. Word

Dr. V Jan 2nd, 2008 01:30 AM

I bring Taco Bell in my rain coat.