I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Brett Favre (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700164)

pac-man Jul 14th, 2008 11:54 AM

Brett Favre

I, for one, am tired of hearing about the drama surrounding Brett Favre and the Packers concerning his attempt to comeback to football and get released from the Packers. Sadly, since every broadcast of SportsCenter and every sports radio talk show has to mention it, the topic is lodged in my brain and has probably replaced valuable information in there. This being the case, I figured I'd breach the topic here.

It's hard to pick a side in this. Favre wants to play and there's no reason he shouldn't be allowed to. He's one of the greatest ever, he's still got it, and he'll likely be better than Aaron Rogers. The Packers have a team and a quarterback that are getting ready to start a season; they need to be able to get ready for this season and the future. I think they should let Favre back, but should be careful about releasing him, lest he end up in Chicago or Minnesota. If they do bring him back and decide not to keep him, where do you want him to go or think he'll go? I'd like to see him find his way to Baltimore, but I think he'll end up with the Packers when all is said and done.

Colonel Flagg Jul 14th, 2008 01:01 PM

Only one thing to say to Mr. Favre:

"STAY RETIRED, YOU GODDAMNED FOOL!!!!!!"

Thank you, that will be all. :posh

Fathom Zero Jul 14th, 2008 02:19 PM

Let him go and don't take him back. Old sumbitch.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 14th, 2008 08:17 PM

If they bring him back, then trade him they can make money off his though, can't they?

Pentegarn Jul 14th, 2008 10:09 PM

Dear Brett Favre,

Coming out of retirement is a terrific idea!

Warmest regards,

Michael Jordan playing on the Wizards

pac-man Jul 15th, 2008 12:52 AM

Yeah, MJ with the Wizards was just awkward. It wasn't sad, just really anti-climatic. I never got used to seeing him in their colors. Karl Malone with the Lakers was the same way. It's probably going to be weird as shit seeing Favre not wearing green and gold. He said he doesn't feel welcome with the Packers now, so I'm pretty much counting on seeing him playing in a uniform that'll be weird looking on him, like the Vikings, Dolphins, or Ravens.

HungryWantBiddy Jul 21st, 2008 09:13 AM

He is such a massive tool. What a selfish prick. He's held them hostage the past 2 offseasons, and now this. Rodgers deserves a shot and if the Pack doesn't wanna give it to him, I know a team a couple hundred miles south that would. GO BEARS!

Fathom Zero Jul 26th, 2008 04:04 PM

Fuck Brett Favre. I wouldn't let him play or release him.

pac-man Jul 26th, 2008 08:45 PM

Favre should be careful. In all his eagerness to make a comeback he seems to have forgotten the phrase "Madden Curse."

Pentegarn Jul 27th, 2008 08:52 AM

The Madden Curse won't work on Favre. Madden won't let it, he is just too in love with Brett to allow anything bad to happen to him :P

Colonel Flagg Jul 30th, 2008 05:20 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3509944

Jesus, can't he just go play golf or something?

Pentegarn Jul 30th, 2008 05:36 AM

Dear Brett Favre,

I agree, quitting and then coming back is ALWAYS good for your image.

Warmest regards,

Ross Perot

pac-man Jul 30th, 2008 03:00 PM

"Can I finish?"

Pentegarn Jul 30th, 2008 06:32 PM

Nice pull

WhiteRat Aug 3rd, 2008 09:21 PM

Most Viking fans are split down the middle on whether or not they want Favre to try to lead us to the promise land. Personally I don't want him at all. I couldn't stomach watching him play for us and he was just recently voted Miss Drama Universe. He's Green Bay's problem and i'd rather see it stay that way.

pac-man Aug 7th, 2008 01:41 AM

Not so fast. It appears he is New York's problem. Seen the clips of Unitas with the Chargers? Well, now we get the modern day equivalent. Brett wanted Randy Moss on his team, now he'll get to watch him from the other sideline in at least two games (he's probably used to that though). Well, a lot of fucking drama for this sizzle of a climax. He'd better take them to the Super Bowl.

Pentegarn Aug 7th, 2008 05:45 AM

I think Joe Montana on the Chiefs was a modern equivalent :P

WhiteRat Aug 7th, 2008 06:37 AM

Colonel Flagg Aug 7th, 2008 11:53 AM

The New York Jets - where careers go to die. :lol

pac-man Aug 7th, 2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 572959)

Hopefully for Favre, he'll wind up in the Montana category moreso than the Unitas category as far as this move is concerned.

MattJack Aug 7th, 2008 02:31 PM

fuck brett farve

people act like he's won 25 super bowls without any help or something. The guy throws so many interceptions that it's just dumb.

go to the Jets and fuck up your legacy even more, and then cry about it on television.

PS I HATE THE PACKERS

El Blanco Aug 7th, 2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 572959)

chiefs had a better team and damn near made the Superbowl under Montana.

WhiteRat Aug 7th, 2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 573020)
fuck brett farve

people act like he's won 25 super bowls without any help or something. The guy throws so many interceptions that it's just dumb.

go to the Jets and fuck up your legacy even more, and then cry about it on television.

PS I HATE THE PACKERS

Hey, we should hang out sometime.

Pentegarn Aug 7th, 2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Blanco (Post 573030)
chiefs had a better team and damn near made the Superbowl under Montana.

Didn't make it any less awkward and disappointing when they didn't follow through though. Close don't win the ring :lol

WhiteRat Aug 7th, 2008 07:03 PM

All in all i've enjoyed the Brett Favre Supershow greatly. The Packers' beloved hero is theirs no more and this gives me great joy. Their precious Brett all but burned the bridge to Green Bay and now they are stuck with a Tedford coached QB in Rodgers. Thanks Brett, for some quality entertainment.